Alice greeted Sidor as she did with everyone, complete with curtsy, and first she let him walk futher just like everyone. But then she changed her mind. She brings up a friendly smile, and in her eyes there is even a small hint of sincerity.

'Mister Grigoriev,' and she waits until he perhaps turns, or at least physically acknowledged he heard her, 'may I please have a minute of your time?'

After all, this is supposed to be a good socializing event.

Sidor paused mid-step as Alice continued to talk and asked for a minute of his time. Ah, so now that we're surrounded by social and influential Kindred, I am worthy of your attention, you foolish little creature? He didn't turn towards her for a moment, making very pointed eye contact with Anton from across the room. His shoulders were stiff, and when he did turn, it was slow and patient as his control kept him calm.

"As you wish," the Russian Haunt said drily. "What might you have to say?" His inner thoughts had to stay focused on what was important, and not on the lesson he longed to teach.

Alice took a deep breath, not as if she needed the oxygen, but she made a big mental step forward. She wanted to make clear it was up to the nossie to decide if it was good or bad between them.

Then she also did a real step forward, and offered the man her hand, 'What I might have to say is...' then her tone got less bitchy after a sigh, 'I actually owe you an apology.'

Come on Alice, make your sister proud, and don't be too happy you're wearing gloves now.

Sidor examined Alice's hand with a frozen, flat expression as he forced himself to remain perfectly calm. This was Court. He was not in his home city. He wondered if someone had scolded the Daeva for her view. Perhaps she had mouthed off to the wrong person.

"And what, precisely, are you apologising for madam?" the Russian Haunt said in a blunt tone.

I'd like to hear the little power-hungry slut manage to eat her own words. I suspect she would choke on every last one of them. Oh, for the taste of humilation.

'Well,' her mouth smiled but her eyes were the old Alice again, 'I apologize for supposing the Nosferatu all live in parks or sewers.'

Though I'm sure some of you'd love to.

Then she looks into the mans eyes and smiles even more while pushing her hand a little bit more forward, 'Oh and of course for comparing you with rabid water rats.'

Ok, she hadn't really done that, though she actually just did, and so better could apologize for it as well.

Sidor studied Alice's eyes, and saw the same emotion in them as the woman he had seen in the park. He turned his head slightly, and when she held her hand out more insistantly, the Beast inside him snarled. He shook his head slowly.

"No, I don't think you do," he said, his voice patient. "I think you hardly even know why that is a thing you should apologise for. Tell me, did someone encourage you to do this, or are you simply afraid of repercussions?"

Alice pulled her hand back, this was the moment she allowed herself a short chuckle. He has chosen.

She held one thumb up before putting both hands on her waists. 'Good thinking Mister Grigoriev... I now realize I indeed have no idea why I should apologize at all.'

Her eyes narrowed and there was a 1 second silence. 'You see, for some 30 seconds ago I really tried to be nice, but there is you with your bluntness, and all the kindness in the world seems to disappear as a vampire in the sun.'

And what could those repercussions possibly be, more intimidation and silly 'let's choke in a twig'-ness

Sidor could scarcely keep a straight face when Alice confirmed that she was, indeed, too stupid to realise why anything she had said might be offensive. His lips curled in a sharp smile as the shadows clawed at his face.

"Dear me, I've never met someone quite so willing to admit their own faults in quite such an obtuse manner," he said drily, his sharply accented voice dripping with amusement. "You truly have no idea why anything you have done could be remotely offensive to anyone, and you go through the motions of empty apologies for... what reason? Do you think perhaps it will impress someone, cause them to pay attention? I hate to disappoint you, but I doubt Prince Clarke is looking at us."

Alice shakes her head, dissappointed. 'The point is, I know why it was offensive. And really, if I wanted to impress someone I'd do this inside Court, instead of staying at the entrance. Besides I would never want to waste his Majesty's time by looking at you.'

Now boredom started to come, she looks around checking for eavesdroppers. 'As for the reason, I think it's always better to pretend we don't want to kill each other and live in peace rather than actually push a stake through ones heart. After all, we're both preciously damned Kindred.'

"My dear woman, the last thing I want is to push a stake through your heart. I'm nowhere near as classless as yourself," Sidor said politely, with a small, formal inclination of his shadow-wreathed head. "And truly, I would hate to demean myself by sinking to your level. Do enjoy hosting His Majesty's Court. Eat, drink and be merry."

Perhaps I shouldn't have gone with the allusion. It probably went over her head. Ah well. The Russian Haunt stepped away, his eyes flickering back to the Bishop. There were things that needed to be discussed, and apparently they would not wait.