Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
(Bad House) The Return - Page 2
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Bad House) The Return

Mar 6, 2020 : (BH) Mutant Spider Extermination 101
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smirk was offered to Phoenyx, “Well, wasn’t about to let you have all the fun.” Joked the Shaman. “And ready depends on a few factors. What are we looking to accomplish here?” did they want to get rid of the spiders? Close any portals? Turns spiders into fish?

She waves to Kaze as he appeared. Seems they were going in with a lot of people.

Another smile to Anima, “It depends. Are there doors we need to close? Or what? I’m always the one who prefers the under the radar things. If we can take care of this without drawing attention, I’d like that.” But again, more info was needed.

“Did we want to move closer to go inside to be able to talk more freely?”
    cause she hated coded talk.

Nodding to Naga, “Now aware of us yet. So I think we should move.” Small gathering of people outside an abandoned house was sure to draw attention at some point.

Namaste? Huh, ok.

“Lets make burning anything an option two for now. I’d like to know more of what we’re dealing with first.” Why was fire the only option here being thrown around? It wasn’t a bad one, but there had to be another idea. “Oh, and I’m Aurora.”

Motioning to the house, “Shall we?”

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Naga receives a small nod. "That's our target." Aurora is given a small smile. Her presence was reassuring.

Phoenyx looks around, checking again for Sleepers, and her dark eyes settle on Guru. "I am, and yes." Her mind is already processing, but she allows herself an indulgent second. "Why would you not come prepared? You know what, never mind."

Aurora is given a shake of the head. "Not yet. Brief first. Once we get inside we will have very little time." She lowers her voice. "The target is an abyssal spirit creature that has subsumed a human host. They cannot be saved. We are here to destroy it." She looks around for reactions. Not everyone had it in them to kill. "The creature is approximately seven feet tall and appears to be a human-spider amalgamation. No Spiderman jokes - this thing will kill us instinctively. Fast, and physically powerful. It can pass into the realm of Spirit at will. We will approach in two teams - classic pincer - one here, and one in the Spirit Realm, taken by Anima. Those in the Spirit will also be tasked with destroying it's... lair." She looks briefly to Anima for some kind of confirmation. "The creature will multiply on death, requiring all new creatures to be destroyed as well. Hence the need to prepare to bring the house down if necessary. If anyone feels they need to leave, say now. Nothing less will be thought of you. This is very dangerous, annd you must all be ready." Dark eyes look around the group, expression serious, looking between Naga and Guru. Everyone else had deliberately returned, or she trusted to be here.

"I will go with Anima and Guru into the Spirit. Kaze, Aurora and Naga will be on this side." She looks to Aurora with another tiny smile. "Keep them safe. I'll make sure you aren't heard."

No Dox

4 successes

The Arrow looks over to the house, and with a muttering of High Speech can see through her Supernal Sight the fiery orange glyph fly off and make the wall at the edge of the property. For a moment, her mind is drawn back to the very first mission she did here, doing exactly the same spell, and she allows a smile to fully take hold.

"The spell will keep the sound from going beyond the borders. Now. Any questions?"

Equipment: 1 pair of knives (one magical tool, one mundane), Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Cellphone.
    Spells: Supernal Sight (Pot 6, cloaked), Organic Resilience (Pot 3, Cloaked), Sound Control Pot 4

Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach, Abyssalstar, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and says, "Nice to meet you too." to Naga. He nods when she says that nobody in the area is aware of them being there, yet. He nods again, thoughtfully she describes the mind of the thing inside.

Kaze is still and attentive when Guru introduces himself to Phoenyx and asks our who is in charge and whether he should get his shotgun. He nods at Phoenyx's answer.

When Guru addresses everyone with his name and the greeting, Kaze smiles and clasps his hands in front of his heart, fingers pressed together, and returns Guru's greeting back, “Namaste.”

He looks thoughtful, even wistful when Guru talks about accelerants as a suggestion to Anima.

I miss Shodan.

Kaze smiles and waves back, sincerely really glad to see Aurora here!

Anima's plan as he laid it out before sounded like something he'd really like to run past Aurora before putting it into action. Especially that part about possibly being able to control or paralyze the thing inside while they fought it.

Kaze listens and nods as Phoenyx lays out her plan. It sounds a lot like Anima's plan but streamlined and without toys. Again, he's really glad Aurora is here. He nods again and smiles when Phoenyx assigns the teams. Even better with a Shaman on each team, and Aurora the one on this side.

The Control Sound reminds him of that first mission together, against the Hunters, with Alastor. She cast a similar spell that time. And he cast an indirect electrical attack through the wiring. That's not the plan this time. And Alastor isn't here to take point or scout out in front with his Space magic.

Then she asks, any questions? Just one.

"So, 'Madison' is in charge of the team on this side?" Kaze very quietly asks for explicit confirmation of the chain of command, gesturing to Aurora in case anyone didn't know who he meant.

It was going to be important when everything got crazy to know who was in charge; his tone is definitely hopeful that Aurora is indeed calling the shots. Her experience and power seems like the most of them all. He remembers her saying once that she isn't a fighter, but she enhances the fighters. Appearances can be deceiving, but it looks like he might be the only fighter on this team, with Phoenyx the only one on hers. If here were in charge, he'd definitely be asking for Aurora's opinions.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

(Spell Cloaking)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

He nods, knowing his own plan, but... "Might take a bit too long, let me see what kind of barrier we have to overcome. It'll probably be easier just to reach across depending on the situation, especially if I don't have to work alone." He nods to Aurora, happy for the Master's help, "Knowing the strength of the barrier will be a big clue as to what we're dealing with."

His fingers form a mudra without resonance as he conceals the spell.

6 successes
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Aurora makes the first move, walking down the garden path to the house while Phoenyx begins her working behind her.

The Glyph created by the Arrow is huge neatly encompassing the house and its grounds in a hemisphere bubble.

Anima is casting as well, his eyesight adjusting to the slightly off-kilter and smudged appearance of the world under the Spirit Sight. At the edge of his vision lies the Gauntlet - thick, heavy, weighed down with razor sharp webs. The Gauntlet is heavy - heavier than the good Doctor has ever seen it.

Aurora reaches the front of the house with no difficulty; to her left, the garden wraps around the side of the house to merge with a small yard at the back. The door is closed but unlocked. She could enter through the front, or should take a detour around the house and enter away from any prying eyes at the back.

For reference the Gauntlet Strength is 5 Mark

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga listens to the impromptu briefing by Phoenyx, nodding along. There was an urge to shudder, to turn and leave. This was not the sort of thing she was used to dealing with. Such reactions were suppressed, however. She'd committed to help, and she would see this through. Even if it meant coming face-to-face with an multi-legged Abyssal horror.

Acknowledging the plan, moved to follow Aurora, sticking near her assigned teammate even as she kept her wide-range eyes open for signs of unexpected movement.

Some sort of sound-muffling spell? Good to know I can use my gun without alerting the neighbors.

The Warlock observed the path options, though her face didn't turn away from the Thyrsus master. Although they were inside the Dome of Silence now, she kept her voice low so as not to draw attention from the Spider-Thing lurking in the house. "Front or back?"

Equipment: Smartphone, iron coin (magic tool), light revolver.
    Spells: Third Eye (Mind Sight) imp. ritual Pot 6; Misperception (2E Mind Armor) imp. ritual Pot 3; Imp. Omnivision Pot 4
    Last edited by Naga; May 12th, 2020 at 07:48 AM.  Reason for Edit: fixing bbcode

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

(Bookkeeping for the Alchemy)Mana 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Preparation requires intel, I was told muscle was needed and muscle has been provided. You ever try walking around a Cali city with a shotgun? Tends to draw a lot of unwanted attention and thus the cops. It’s EXTRA firepower if needed, I’ve got mic one and two ready,” he said as he balled his hands into fists, “anyone fight hand to hand I can give you a quick boost if you just give me the word.”

“Also…”

His hand dove into his pockets and pulled out the pill bottle which radiated magic to those who could see such things. He gave it one shake to demonstrate the singular pill inside.

“This is potent healing, I have it in case of emergencies. Seeing your Team Lead on my team do you want it or want me to keep it in reserves for triage?”

She had stepped up into the leadership position and leader of his team so he marched to the beat of her drum. She said jump he’d jump, she had the information and the courage to take charge and those were things you didn’t discount especially when they were prepping for what sounded like a bloody and deadly encounter.

He happened to give a small laugh at Aurora’s suggestion and he nodded his agreement. “Make it plan Z for sure, break in case of only catastrophic failure but we should have this handled.” Ever the optimist that one. When Kaze responded in kind his smile brightened, reaching ear to ear as he got an approving nod from the man.

He held the pill bottle out to the group for someone to take, preferable someone who wasn’t capable of just stitching back together their own flesh like he could. “I can be medic if needed, kind of one of the things I know and am good at. I’m also a fair hand at first aid and chemistry If you find yourself in need.” The distinction on repetition was purposeful and he was hoping others would pick up on that.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Something she never wanted to do again.

Kill.

With that on her mind, she simply nods. Nothing to be said.

A weak smile, “If I could keep you alive against Seer’s and Golems, I should have this.” Should being the key term. This was going be a matter of them being careful and smart. No heros.

“As a Master, I’ll pass.”
    Who knew what was in the pills, she’d stick with her magic. Tried and true.

“Lets go in through the back, draw less attention.”

She had a few ideas on how to handle the thing when they found it. But if either would work? Well, that would remain to be seen.

Glancing to Naga and Kaze, “We ready?”

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx gives Kaze's question a curt nod. Then she turns to Anima.

"This was the plan we agreed based on what you told us." She sounds unimpressed. "We relied on your knowledge. Are you telling me now you can't do your role in it?" She'd heard of a plan not survivng contact with the enemy, but not surviving the competance of her allies was probably worse. "And if that's the case, are we onto plan B? Keep in in this world and kill it here?" They had to know before they started.

Dark eeys turn to Guru. "So the person that told you muscle was needed neglected to tell you the scenario." Communication around here was fucking awful. "That's why I prefer handguns," she quips, forcing a spartan joke. "Get it. Be quick. And hold on to your first-aid kit for now."

She looks to Aurora, and nods. Good times. "Have Kaze in front. He's a good fighter. Stick with him. And hang on a second, Until we know what our team is doing." Both teams had to know. No changing streams midway if there's no way of talking.

Equipment: 1 pair of knives (one magical tool, one mundane), Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Cellphone.
    Spells: Supernal Sight (Pot 6, cloaked), Organic Resilience (Pot 3, Cloaked), Sound Control Pot 4

[/SIZE]
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens and nods when Anima says his team 'might take...too long'; he remembers in the debrief or maybe briefing the plan to have one team go to the spirit side to destroy it there, while another team contained and or destroyed it on the material side. The longer it took on the spirit side, the longer the material team would have to 'contain' or maybe 'hold the attention of' the thing.

The last time they were here, he'd been assigned to the ground team; he never even saw the thing except a glimpse of it through a window on the door when Phoenyx slammed it shut in the thing's face. He had no idea if a punch, even a lethal punch would have any effect on it at all. Everyone kept talking about fire. Muffling sound was one thing; burning the house down was going to attract attention.

If Aurora can do what Anima had thought he might be able to, control the thing, make it hold still, then that might work, depending on how long she could do it. If she enhanced his abilities with Life Magic, he'd need to drop his shield for hers. He would basically be a speed bump, up in front to buy time for her to control it, and then standing ready to slow it down again if it got loose. Fine.

Naga seemed to be someone who could, what, basically tell them if it was close? He wasn't sure of her capabilities. She seemed steady though and game without being too eager. That's a good sign. We really need to figure out what everyone is going to be trying to do though. Maybe once we got in back.

He listens to 'Guru'. Fists, huh? Interesting. And offering to let someone else hold the 'healing medicine' is a good sign; at least he isn't assuming he won't be the one down on the ground needing healing.

Something seemed to be up with Aurora. He hadn't seen her hesitate before. Well, she's not actually hesitating now, but...she's not eager either.

Kaze smiles, putting confidence in his expression as he nods when Aurora asks if they're ready to go around back. Good, there should be a minute to get some things set up and clear there before they actually breached the house.

Kaze acknowledges Phoenyx's confirmation gratefully. Naga didn't seem like she needed it spelled out to not go off on her own. Phoenyx's nod should be enough.

Then Phoenyx called 'stop'. Sent Guru for his shotgun. I hope it's suped up like the magic pill bottle, otherwise I don't thing it's going to slow down that thing.

Phoenyx nods to Aurora acknowledging something Aurora was talking about, only Phoenyx looks like it was a good memory, and Aurora...doesn't.

Kaze pauses, alert for any motion other than the people with him, well actually for any unexpected motion from them either, especially Anima.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread