Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx does stalk straight out once she's finished her speech - she's not hanging around.

Still, I had a lot of fun with this scene even if she didn't!
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Allowing Phoenyx some time to leave before she carries on the talk with Kaze, evidently she would take the first shift and that might be for the best it seems.

Shaking her head towards Kaze.
    "I did grasp your words however a spear in itself is not exactly the most standard thing to carry around nor do I know how legal it is. It would be in preparation for battles and as such I would only carry it at times like that hidden behind my coat. As for the staff the hidden part is only part of the advantage it would also make it easy to carry and with the size so would it be so small that it can be hidden in a pocket completely impossible to see unless I would draw it which I would only do for combats where I would see no other solution but even then I would make myself invisible from cameras to perceive me first. However the main advantage I am after is to be able to carry it without it getting in the way when I do not desire to use it. The spear is deadly which is why I wanna master it for times of dire conflicts otherwise a staff is a weapon that will suite my frame and preference on speed over strength well."
    Looking him over for a second.
    "Now this talk of a prime weapon does intrigue me though, I would love to hear more about it however I also see the weakness in that it would be far to obvious usage of arcana and anything we can do with normal items is always a boon since it does not call needless attention to us neither from those who would hunt us nor from the abyss not to mention from letting the masses know we exist."

Smiling towards Kaze her body leaned against the wall opposite to him.
    "I know that dear but I had my aims for wanting her to get into a gothic one, if she is unaccustomed to it and she does seem to have some social issues so would it potentially be easier for her to feel a bit more comfortable if she goes in the spirit of the masses and if me dressing in a coupled costume would aid her so is that a small price to pay. My reasoning there were hence solely in order to make the thing as easy on her mind as possible." It was always easier to experience new things if nothing made you stick out to much when you did it, any chance to make the experience easier for her would be good.

Making sure that Phoenyx isn't close by before continuing to speak, still leaning calmly against the wall opposed to him watching Kaze with calm eyes her demeanor as calm as ever.
    "So you and her huh well I guess you both told me that you had gone through a breakup I did not think it was with one another though, now that is none of my business but if she will feel uncomfortable standing guard here so will I not mind taking a few of the shifts from her. We do not need to talk about that part of your history though, let me be frank with you."
    Offering him a warm smile and speaking with warmth in her words but there is a clear undertone of seriousness to her words.
    "I do not care about your past together in the romantic sense, I am not one for gossips, if anyone of you will need someone to talk to about it so will I listen otherwise it's no concern of mine. I am sorry that it didn't last and I hope that you both will succeed in healing emotionally however I will not treat either of you differently due to it nor pry. Nor will I listen to her words to change, I am me simple as that. Now I do hope to work together with her and I do hope we can build a friendship I hope that setup will work for you as well?"

Smiling a bit before continuing to talk her words now back to their usual calm state.
    "I do believe that I might be a good match for her for the time being though, her strictness is in direct clash with my demeanor so hopefully I will be able to help her lose up a bit if not I can at least handle whatever words or lessons she throws at me and just shrug the harsh things away." Lightly laughing a bit, she was either very stupid for not caring what people said about her or to secure in herself to be faced by such things.

Looking away for a second before looking back, his last question bringing back some memories she did not particularly enjoyed.
    "Long story short we were about to celebrate my 18th completion of the seasons and herald in my 19th spring or in other words my 18th birthday. We did however celebrate age by seasons rather than date nor do I know the true date I was born so it suited me just fine. My memory is a bit hazy but I remember waking up very early with the sun and something called to me in the woods I don't remember if it was a sound or a sight or both nor do I think it matters much. Next thing I knew I was no longer in my woods, I was put into this landscape that still haunts my memories and well I was tested to leave my mark just like countless before me. I don't know how long I was away nor if time were the same in both planes but as my mark were left I stumbled out to see a full moon hanging from the sky, my body bloodied and hurt but somehow I healed myself with ease and stumbled back into our settlement only to find death. Waiting for me was not the celebration I had missed but rather the stench of death, not a single one left alive, their bodies scattered around littering the place."
    Tears building in her eyes and slowly rolling down her cheeks with no sound to accompany them.
    "Now I do not know how long I sat there but sat there I did, frozen on my knees probably crying my heart out until a warm coat were thrown around me and sleep came. When I woke he was there, the stars had guided him to me the one that he would need to care for, guide into our world and help to mentally heal. That was exactly what he did for the next 3.5 years or so, taking care of me and helping me heal."

Wiping her tears away with her thumb.
    "Now there you have my backstory as a man of God I do hope you will not gossip it around." Her eyes still glistening with tears in them but not a single one making their way down her cheek nor had she changed her voice or made a single odd sound as the story were told.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods as Skye talks about her weaponry goals and preferences. "Yeah. That makes sense." He says. When she says she is first intrigued but also seeing a weakness in the idea of using Prime to summon weapons and armor, Kaze nods again. "And there's the fact that using a weapon formed by Prime would be using magic to hurt someone instead of just physical force." He says thoughtfully. Magic is not an easy, casual answer to problems. He has to remember that.

"So, you talked about making yourself invisible to machines. You study Force then?" He asks. "I have been kind of assuming that you're Thyrsus Path." He says, "I'm Obrimos Path, but really focused on Life, so I guess you could still be Thyrsus, or Obrimos like me?" Kaze asks. "Our first introduction was kind of wierd, since we didn't know at the time the other was Awakened, not like if we were introduced at an official a meeting here, in the Circle."

Kaze lets the subject of Phoenyx and getting her to wear Goth clothes pass by, just smiling when Skye explains her reasoning. Skye doesn't just accept another opinion without defending hers, but she was pretty quick to accept the point before about shielding being an ehancement we keep up all the time. So, she can admit it if she thinks her opinion wasn't right, she just doesn't assume she's wrong when someone else disagrees. Not bad.

Then Skye wants to talk about him and Phoenyx. No, not talk about them exactly, more like tell him that she's not into drama and gossip. Cool.

Kaze smiles, "I think you two will be a great team." He says. She definitely doesn't seem to get his feelings hurt as easy as he apparently does.

Whoa. Skye tells him her whole...villaige(?) commune (?) was wiped out! What did that? Not a good time to ask. Or maybe it is, if she is open about it.

"Whoa. I am sorry, Skye, I didn't mean to bring up something so...traumatic from the past." Kaze apologizes. This must be how people--some people--felt when they asked about his family, and he tells them he lost them all, to cancer and...abandonment.

"Sure. No doubt." Kaze says, nodding when Skye asks him not to gossip about her. Calling him a 'Man of God' was...okay, fair. He doesn't consider himself like a priest or something, but...yeah, he's made that commitment, just as a personal one. He's not really close to anyone at his church, and it's a big one. He's never filled out anything or given them his name or contact information even, just showed up for the sermons and worship and...to be in a big gathering with other Believers. He's shown up to help out for things when they need it, like food bank distributions or trash clean ups or helping people move things, but he hasn't hung out with the same people or anything. Better not to set up those kind of ties.

"So...there's a Force spell to...deflect missiles. Maybe some time I could train with you, try to deflect your arrows?" He ask, offering a new subject.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging.
    "It is never wise to use magic casually to harm people with our arcana that is true but anyone that have learned how to handle a weapon should also know that it is never right to use a weapon, to harm or to kill when there is no need for it. I admit that we might get into situations that require lethal force more often than most normal humans but we still need to use our heads to never use our own physical prowess nor our arcana to lethal degrees when the situation doesn't call for it. Besides I am more focused on keeping our existence a secret and for us to remain hidden, there are plenty of people out there that would do us harm should they find us. So if you learn that spell I do assume you only intend to use it when you have no other choice?" Mob mentality were still a thing and turning people against them would probably not be much harder today than during the witch trials sadly enough.

Smiling towards him whilst still remaining leaned against the wall seeming to have found a comfortable position in it for now.
    "It might have been better that way, we had nothing that prevented us from talking freely to judge one another based on who we actually are without prejudice thanks to that. You're assumption however is not wrong I am indeed of the primal wild but I do recognize the use of forces for offense, defense and personal support as such it is an arcana I do not think someone in the arrows should neglect. So in a sense I am pretty much the opposite of you, you study one of my most closely linked arcana without the same connection to it and I study one from your side both of them are quite good to have when dealing with the none magical world and for survival overall."

He seems to have a lot of things going on inside his mind wonder if he is still hurt from Phoenyx's speech? Hmm he might be, relationships and opening of hearts always leaves one more capable of getting wounded by one another even after it ends at least that's what she had seen and heard her own experiences on the area were next to none at all. Anyways she would try to not get into it, if either of them needed anything from her so would they tell her she was there that would be the role she would play here for now.

"Thanks, time will tell what will happen I do hope I can be of aid to help get her more socially open. Not that I am that good at social stuff myself I just don't care what people think of me so I can act cheerfully and be as I want at all times with no need to take others opinion of me into consideration. It's not always the best but at least it does give me a form of social armor." Not that she couldn't listen to limit and show respect of course even though her normal limits and readings of situations were far from the best.

Shaking her head.
    "It's ok, in a sense it's good to tell of it. People only truly die when they are forgotten, if I deny the events of that night I would be denying their memory. I was set on my path after that, I reinvented myself and became Skye, if that wouldn't have happened all the good I hope to do would never happen. Every single tear I stop from ever coming into existence, every single nightmare I prevent, every single person that can sleep soundly at night for anything I manage to do will be done in their memory and their honor. If I cannot talk of them I will eventually forget them which is something I never wanna do, I will carry the memory of each and every single one with me until the day my spirit gets reunited with them." True that might not be how things worked nor did she believe that soiled hands like hers were worthy of it but the sentiment and thought of it kept her going, she needed something potent to be able to live with the grief of that loss.

"Thanks, I do not mind if people find out in time but for now I do not have any connections with most people here and I can be an acquired taste so it's better to not have personal sob stories going around."
    It would only serve to create negative things nothing genuine, she rather wanted to get to know people on an equal basis instead.

Looking a bit concerned over his last suggestion.
    "Have you tried that before? You know an arrow really hurts and if placed wrong is quite deadly. Perhaps it would be a better idea to start with my throwing knives and then work your way up to the arrows? I get it that the goal is to handle a bullet which is far faster than an arrow but if you're not accustomed to using it so could it perhaps be better to build your way up?" She did not want to accidentally hurt him that badly if he weren't used to it, she knew how to handle her bow and a well placed arrow from her could prove quite fatal if she really tried.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. And probably only for fighting monsters, or something." Kaze agrees. "My goal is to take my unarmed combat to the point it should be enough for...whatever I need it for." He says. "That will take a while still."

Smiling towards him whilst still remaining leaned against the wall seeming to have found a comfortable position in it for now.
    "It might have been better that way, we had nothing that prevented us from talking freely to judge one another based on who we actually are without prejudice thanks to that. You're assumption however is not wrong I am indeed of the primal wild but I do recognize the use of forces for offense, defense and personal support as such it is an arcana I do not think someone in the arrows should neglect. So in a sense I am pretty much the opposite of you, you study one of my most closely linked arcana without the same connection to it and I study one from your side both of them are quite good to have when dealing with the none magical world and for survival overall."

Kaze smiles back at Skye as she describes their similar pursuit of an arcana outside their controlling arcana for their path. "Sounds more like we're the same than opposite." He says. "We both have a real interest in an arcana outside our path. Do you plan to take Force to Mastery? If you do, I can help. I know I want to take Life as far as I can, master it if I can. At least, i have been told that helpful instruction from someone who is connected by their Path is a thing for mastering it, even if they technically aren't even as advanced in the arcana."

"Huh." Kaze says when Skye declares that she doesn't care what people think of her. "Okay, I guess maybe we are opposites, that way at least. I do care, and now I am having to work to figure out myself, so I don't compromise too much." Any more.

"So, is it okay if I ask you a question about it? I mean, I don't want to be insensitive, but as a story...there's some loose ends. Like, do you know who or what did it? And do you have a plan for that?" Kaze asks respectfully.

"Really? 'Aquired taste'?" Okay, well points for self awareness, I guess. Still. "In the Consilium, everyone is pretty different in their own way. Some of us just don't seem to know it. I think you are fine. Well, better than fine, actually. You are pretty transparent and don't seem like someone who is fake or careless."

Kaze laughs at Skye's concern about shooting arrows at him! "Okay, point. I just...I asked Phoenyx to shoot at me with her guns once, and she said 'no' too. She didn't offer to throw knives instead though. That's probably a good idea. I'm still just improvising that spell. I want to get a lot better at it." He says with a smile. "Just for the record, I wasn't suggesting that I would just hold still with no defenses as a target. It wouldn't be fair unless it was practice for both of us!"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

A light smile.
    "Good, that kind of thing should not be flashed around." Leaning her head to the side for a bit "Sounds like a good plan, keeping an armor up is often enough to deal with most mundane threats, drunkards and assholes as well which is the most common threat when moving around the normal people. Muggers as well of course but an armor should once again be sufficient to be able to handle them with relative ease if you just have some basic fighting prowess, it's not like ninjas run around mugging people in my experience."

Slapping her forehead.
    "Yeah in a sense were the same, I thought of us as studying the oppositions of the arcana from one another making it the opposite but you're right I was wrong there."
    She had nothing against admitting when she was wrong and it had made total sense to her in her mind when she said it but naturally that didn't mean much in the end.
    "I do not know to be honest, I do wish to further my studies of it in time but I do aim to improve other things first and I am considering if learning matter would be good as well. I do like to create things so the ability to manipulate dead materia might be good however that is for private things whilst forces are for arrow business so who knows. I do think it would be wise to gather some prime skills as well in time so we will see where it all will land."
    Thinking for a second
    "Well we do have a stronger connections to certain arcanas so that we can see them in a way that others never can isn't really weird. Now I am no expert and do not know how it truly works but I do believe that with the possible exception of arch mastery so is the link we have to to our own tower something special that gives us an insight that just isn't there for others."

Smiling.
    "To be concerned with it is not a bad thing, we all have our own ways to cope with things for me throwing such things away is just easier and better. Also I am sorry if I shouldn't say this but I do think you should take Phoenyx's words into consideration. She did say that she could call you dummy cause you felt close enough for her to feel safe enough to let down her strong exterior shell, that means that even if she doesn't know it herself so did she probably say it at times when it wasn't right just cause she needed a way to let out her own emotions and to find new ground. I fully do believe that she never had anything evil behind the words nor meant to harm you but rather that it was a clumsy attempt for her to show affection by dropping her strong social armor. It evidently never felt right for you which made it wrong that I won't argue but I do hope you will be able to find a way to work as friends and emotionally heal."
    Looking away for a second.
    "Now I am sorry if I shouldn't have said anything there and I do hope you did not take offense." Dealing with social stuff like this was hard, it was so much easier when you could just laugh things of.

Rolling her eyes before shaking her head and lightly giggling then speaking in her normal calm manner, if nothing else so was it clearly evident that her calming presence really was a core part of herself that she showed outwardly at nearly all times, even when she moved around so was there always a calmness surrounding her and all her speech.
    "Of course it has loose ends, I did say long story short and the primary part of it was to tell how I met my mentor not about the death of my family. I do admit that the two"
    Looking down before searching to look her sight on his eyes.
    "I can tell you this much it was a what, a beast or something inhuman. The massacre was not made by mans hands, the bodies were torn split and handled in a way no ordinary man ever could. A bear perhaps but it was far to violent for a bear attack and far to meticulously performed, an ordinary bear would have left some survivors and not hunted down them all."
    Going silent for a moment, her eyes flashing with memories before getting silent on the matter.

Taking the next conversation in instead.
    "Well I do have my hidden sides as well, I think we all do for better or for worse. I am not all that fake I think that is true but the careless part can be discussed, I am far from the best with social cues or things which have already gotten me into some minor trouble but that doesn't really matter." She simply just didn't care nor did she think that she had acted wrongly no matter what people said.

Smiling coyly.
    "Well then we start with knives, they aren't that lethal or damaging and mine are made from bone rather than steel so they are not as deadly but I still need to practice with them as well. Once you get accustomed to that speed so will we go into arrows, I do warn you though I am not a slow shot with my bow. I do not take my time to aim nor do I need much time to draw a new arrow. Once one is fired so is the next one already in my hand ready to be fired again so don't let up." She did take pride in her archery and if he wanted a full training she could be kind enough to avoid the most lethal areas but she would not gain any experience if she actively held back.

"Now though it is your turn to tell me something about yourself as well. I do not care what you choose to tell me as long as it is something about you that most people do not know. It can be anything as trivial as your first celebrity crush or something life altering like how you found religion or anything in between but you did get knowledge about me so some insight into you in return would be nice." And it was always interesting to see what kind of information people choose to give when asked that question it did spoke a lot about them.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles back and nods thoughtfully. "You know...I mean, sure, low profile for sure. Not for dealing with regular people, or even situations where they're around...but that gives me an idea; what if instead of weapons, I learned to use Prime to summon armor? That would be strictly defensive, not using magic to harm anyone." He thinks out loud.

Snapping out of his distracted train of though, Kaze smiles again to Skye, "I haven't run into a single mugger or even really obnoxious sleeper, I mean nothing that turned into a fight in the year and a half I've been in this city. But then, I don't tend to be in places where that kind of thing happens much--basically wherever young males are drunk or high in groups--and I guess I wouldn't look like I fit a mugger's demographic either." He says.

"Oh sure, that makes sense." Kaze agrees when Skye describes her priorities around advancing her ability with the arcana of Force. "I have been doing some of that; I think right now, building up my Life arcana abilities is my top priority." Kaze declares. I want to fly. Not float or drift around like a ghost or a balloon, really feel the air moving past my...feathers.

Kaze smiles when Skye clarifies her feelings towards not worrying about what other people think, and he is serious but not frowning when she offers her perspective about the verbal spat she witnessed between him and Phoenyx.

He sighs. "Hey, we're friends, right? Or at least, we could be." Kaze smiles. "I have no problem with you telling me what you think, as long as you aren't trying to force me to do what you think I should do." He says, smiling.

More seriously in expression, Kaze says quietly, "I know that I miss a lot, and honestly, I don't think Phoenyx ever meant to hurt me. I think our relationship was really, well, kind of didn't have a chance, because I was still figuring out a lot about myself, and agreeing to stuff or not saying when things bothered me, or even saying something was okay, when it wasn't, for me. That's all on me." He admits.

"I think the hard part for me is that it feels like when I finally do tell her that something she does bothers me, it feels like she...just justifies it, and doesn't say she's sorry or act like she cares; it seems like she basically just says she's going to keep right on doing it, or that something is wrong with me for being bothered by it."

Kaze shakes his head. "I shouldn't really be talking about it with you. I mean, you guys work together, and I think you two will get along great. I think, like I said, Phoenyx and I just really weren't all that compatible, and I didn't figure that out at the beginning, because I didn't really have myself figured out; I didn't really know the difference between how I really felt and how I thought I was expected to feel. I can totally see how from her perspective, I lied to her and tricked her into a relationship on false pretenses."

Then Kaze laughs when Skye giggles, showing his obvious relief that he's not offending her by asking about the details of the tragic loss of her home and the group that raised her!

"Well," Kaze smiles and gestures to the cell around him, "I have plenty of time for the long version, and I'm not tired." He says, "Have you ever fought using claws, Skye? Because, when I first got here, there was a Seer who summoned up claws on his hands to fight me. Do you think it could have been one or more Awakened using claws like that who did it?"

"That sounds Wise." Kaze says nodding with some respect when Skye proposes a training plan, him and her both learning with her bone knives and his improvised Turn Projectile.

He laughs out loud when Skye challenges him to tell her something about himself that most people do not know! "Okay, that's funny. I'm kind of an open book! I...think I already told you I lost my parents. And that I am a fan of super heroes, and that Superman is my favorite." Kaze recounts out loud. "I know I already told you that I don't drink, and don't really dance, okay not well. So...huh. My guilty pleasure is watching 'Hallmark Christmas Movies'? Oh wait, you probably don't know what those are? So, basically, I guess I'm kind of sentimental."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling that sounded far better than a weapon.
    "Sure that could work but the negative aspect is that it once again will be very flashy nor should it ever be needed unless what youre facing is some serious threat, otherwise so yeah it should work I would practice with it to get the shape and feeling of it right before utilizing it in battle though. A good defense is never a weakness so if you think you can make it work go for it."

"True but one never knows what might happen, better to be prepared and never need it than to be caught of guard. A lot of people can go all their adults life without ever getting into a fight we can not always expect to be as lucky though so we should always be prepared that we just might be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The fates does seem to have a tendency to like putting us in weird situations after all in my experience."

Touching around with the life arcana at her fingertips, not really forming any complete spell more like just playing with the power from it in the faintest of senses.
    "Same here, I would love to enhance some of my current capabilities in it and see how mastery of it would feel to have at my command one day. To sense all the things that exists within it would be amazing to truly feel connected to."

Lightly laughing at his words.
    "Listen as long as you follow our rules and acts like a decent person so are you and everyone else free to do whatever your heart desires, I have no desire to tell neither you nor any none child what to do. I can listen and offer my perspective but the decisions in the end are yours to make since its your life not mine, I did enjoy the friend word though and I do hope that can blossom." You could never have to many friends and she had been really lonely these past few years.

Listening to him carefully and letting him finish before shaking her head in response.
    "Well I see a couple of things there. First of finding oneself and to know who one really are is an endless journey, relationships aren't always meant to last perhaps you both were what you needed at that point in time not for an extended period but for a brief time in order for you both to be set on your own correct paths and grow as individuals. Even if it didn't work out so do I believe that there are experiences you've come out of it with that will help you in the future and that you have at least some fond memories right?"

Taking a deep breath.
    "Next is that such a reaction isn't really unexpected from her, she wears a very tight social armor to cover her massive unease from what I have seen. As such she might have been defending her words to you and seemed like she didn't listen or took it in but that was for her to try and cover up her own mistake and for her to try and understand herself. If I know that personality type correctly so did it eat her up each time she realized that she had hurt you and she has probably had plenty of internal thoughts where she felt bad. I am not saying that it is an excuse nor that your feelings aren't important I am just trying to offer you perspective to see her side as well. It is not a good trait but it is not all that uncommon from what I have seen."

Looking at him with warm kind eyes.
    "Then think about this, did you actively lie to her? Was your point to deceive her in any way? If it weren't then I see no harm, things aren't always meant to last as said. Unless you really did intend to harm her so have you done nothing wrong and hey I have no intentions of treating her differently just cause this is what you say, all I will take with me from this is to know that if she ever starts calling me things so will that mean that I am getting close enough for her to make her feel comfortable enough to do so. So don't worry if you need someone to talk to I am here and will be at least 12 hours per day until this month is over and after that I am just a phone call away at any time you need some ears that will listen. I can take your comments about her without them affecting my views on her I promise you that and I can also take her calling me anything she desires without it making me feel anything negative in the future so in that sense we might function together."

Smiling for a second.
    "Now if" then stopping "nahh better not say that."

Nodding.
    "Yeah I have but that was not the claws of what we would get, the gap between the marks were to large and the bodies were torn in two for some of them, the strength needed to actually do that would not be easy to get. True with enough life and both enlarging your hands and adding massive strength to your own so would it be possible but why would they do that? It is possible but who knows the truth, regardless so is it better to not delve to deep into those matters I think." She had done so once and it proved to be quite bad for her psyche and stability at times.
    "It might just as well have been people with tamed bears as well or if it was an awakened so would they perhaps have taken the form of a bear but as said why?"

Shaking of her concerns and memories of the past and nodding with a kind smile.
    "Then we have a basis for how to train that sounds good" picking up one of her knifes "so here we go" throwing it towards him rapidly however in a way that makes it easy to catch it rather than in a way that will harm him.
    Laughing a bit at the play
    "Sorry it just felt like a nice joke."

Rolling her eyes and looking at him with a what.
    "Of course I know what a hallmark Christmas movie is, its one of those romantic warm hearted movies where someone has some issues that gets resolved over the movie often with romance and either direct Christmas magic or just a hint towards it but it will be there and naturally the movies center around Christmas and it will often be the last or second last day in the movie. Now I might not be able to actually name any single one but I think I have the core concept down at least right?"
    Smiling a bit uncertainly hoping that shes got it relatively right at ease.
    "That sounds quite cute though, perhaps you can show me one some time, give me some time and I might be able to bring hot cocoa and marshmallows to it."
    That felt like a must for a Christmas movie but nevertheless his words had shown him what she was out to know with her question which was her main goal with it.
    "I do think it sounds kind of cute though but you really need a fire and someone else to watch them with and also which one is your favorite? Personally I am more of a Scooby-Dooby-Doo girl"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and laughs, "Not yet. Not even the top of my list. But it's on the list." He says. Kaze sighs, "It's a long list."

Kaze nods. "I used to think that way. Now...I think a little different. I still want to be prepared, sure, and ready. But. I actively look for ways to avoid confrontation, actual fighting either physical or magic. I used to do the whole, 'have a plan to kill everyone in the room' thing. Now, I mean, sure that still happens in my head--it's automatic--but I am intentionally thinking, 'have a plan to avoid or de-escalate the potential combat'; like, 'do I really need to even be here to do what I need to do?' you know? It's...kind of a subtle difference. It's not a lack of situational awareness, it's just...kind of expanding my toolbox of options of how to deal with the situation."

Kaze watches in fascination as Skye playfully and naturally connects with Life. "Yeah. Hey, maybe...when I get advanced enough, could you kind of give me some pointers with your connection, when I am ready to get 'next level' with it?"

He smiles, "Deal. All of it. Friends." Kaze says.

He listens to Skye giving her impressions on his and Phoenyx's relationship. Kaze nods, "Yeah. Definitely some fond memories. You're right, I shouldn't let anything taint those." He says. I worked pretty hard for them. "At the same time, they are my past, and I have to stop looking backwards, if I am going to have a new relationship with her as friends at least, it has to be based on honesty I want her to be friends with the real me, if we're going to be friends."

Kaze listens to Skye describe how she thinks Phoenyx might have felt, be feeling now. He nods, taking it in, not judging whether he agrees or not, just letting it sit in his mind as a possibility to neither confirm nor deny.

"That's interesting and perceptive, Skye; what other experience have you had with 'that personality type'?" Kaze asks.

He chuckles when Skye says she can take what Phoenyx dishes out. He's been in a major football program, his grandfather, who practically raised him was a retired Marine Corps colonel; he's been called names before; yet somehow, it's different when you are in a relationship where you are supposed to be able to let your guard down, and be vulnerable. Well, for him it's different. I guess I am the one who's different.

"No." Kaze shakes his head slightly, "I didn't actively, intentionally lie. I kept quiet though, and I knew that I was letting her believe things about me that weren't true. Well, that I wasn't comfortable with anyway." He sighs. "It's not about pinning blame on anyone, not for me. Mistakes were made. I am working on myself, not to make those particular mistakes again." He says softly.

Kaze doesn't bat an eye or indicate in any way pursuing whatever Skye thinks better of saying. If she decides to filter something, it's probably a really good idea to let her!

He listens thoughtfully and interested as Skye shares her thoughts on what could have attacked her...commune (?). Man, when I start shifting forms, I better stick to harmless non-predators, for a while at least.

Kaze is instantly alert and reacts reflexively to improvise a casting of Turn Projectile, grinning when Skye playfully tosses her knife towards him! His quick improvisation fails, however, and the bone knife bounces lightly against him--and his Organic Resilience without causing harm, dropping to the cell floor.

"Sorry about that!" Kaze says, crouching to pick up the knife and handing it back, handle first. "Man, I hope it's okay, not chipped or anything. I definitely need to practice that!"

failure

failure

"Sure!" Kaze enthusiastically agrees when Skye says she knows what a Hallmark Christmas special is, and would like to watch one sometime. "I guess...you know, I don't have like an all time favorite, to be honest, it's not about the movies being great--they aren't--it's about the feeling of just...feeling when you watch them. I don't know if that makes any sense. Anyway, um, the last one I remember was 'Sense, Sensibility & Snowmen'. It worked for me." He says in a satisfied tone.

"So, really. Are you a 'Daphne' or 'Velma'?" Kaze asks Skye grinning. "I'm thinking I'd have to be 'Fred'." He offers. "But I'd probably like to be 'Scooby' he's definitely the coolest one."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well one should always have goals, even if they are distant ones so are they good to have. Goals helps us strive for things and to get further in life, never stop dreaming. Personally I would love to reach mastery of Life one day just to feel that at my fingertips, I doubt I actually want archmastery though, the power would be nice but I do not think it is right to wield it. I might change on that later of course but for now that is my thought on the matter."

Listening carefully to his words.
    "Well I do see the need and the stress for it, personally I just want to be able to escape any needles battles and be ready to take on the ones that are necessary. I do not think the difference is subtle but rather quite major though, it's better to de escalate a situation of course but to go in hoping to never fight but always be ready when it comes to it is never wrong even if it could stress out the mind if not handled correctly. I do hope you have somewhere that you can calm down and let your guard down with?"
    Thinking for a second.
    "Hmm this might be hollow me being an arrow and someone you just met but I can make this deal with you. For as long as you do not break any laws that I must chase you down for so will I promise to never be a threat towards you or attack you unless we agree about it first that way so can you perhaps find some mental peace around me at least, it is important to have people we can be calm around. I have seen enough blood in my life and have no desire to see more unless there is a need for it." Speaking the words knowing that it would only take her a second to go into a mode ready enough to kill a man should the need arise but still she would not kill someone that didn't break her rules.
    "Or if you harm a child that I cannot forgive, I love kids more than anything else. Not that I think that you would." The words being spoken extra softly, her eyes shining it was clear that children held a special place in her mind and heart, even her strong calm demeanor could not fully hide those feelings.

Playing around with Life at her fingertips weakly once more, still remaining leaning against the wall she did not seem like she would move from there easily.
    "Sure if you do the same for me with Forces should I ever need it so does that sound like an equal trade to me, I would also like to request that you use your prowess to heal three animals without telling anyone about it before I do so. I will not ask if you did but rather take it on good fate that you did it, it just sounds like a thing to do before studying the arts to my ears. Animals should be cared for and if not killed with every inch of their bodies used as well as possible otherwise it would cause it dishonor. Now mercy kills is another story of course those are never wrong." Those were her beliefs, she had them ingrained since before she could even remember and would not forget them now.

Smiling as he says they will be friends.
    "Perfect, your'e probably the one I know the most about around here to be honest and without a doubt the one that knows the most about me. Then again a man of God does feel rather nice, I know you're not a priest I mainly mean your beliefs. Personally I prefer Gaia though but to each their own, I see nothing wrong with letting people believe whatever makes them feel good as long as they are good people so do I not intrude on peoples life. I just like Gaia due to it being what we call the Earth and we cannot deny that we are here. Now what is true in the end well to be honest does it matter? Few will ever know so as long as it gives us the strength we need so is that enough for me at least."

Shaking her head.
    "Well you need to remember the past to learn from it and then look forward, no matter what happened so should one never deny ones past it is what have shaped us and we need both the good and the bad in order to grow, I do not doubt that you will find what is right for you though. I do look forward to see all of the real you though, so far you seem quite nice so to see more will be fun."

Looking away.
    "Not much really, I have just seen both boys and girls tear themselves up, I know what it is like to have a social armor and how fragile it is. I would probably be wearing some form of a stronger one if I hadn't chosen to reinvent myself when I gave birth to Skye. I was not as deep but I did have some levels and I did see it in some of my fellow brothers and sisters. Our ways were quite different so many of us adapted some levels of social armors when dealing with those that did live in a more modern way so to speak. And being the calm one that wasn't afraid to bite back so did plenty of them open up to me." Yeah her calm presence had always been a thing and always concealed a bite she was ready to use to defend those she cared about even if it had been far weaker in the past.

Looking a bit down.
    "Then sadly you lied, you didn't mean to but you hid the truth that was a lie of omission. Look I do not blame you, we all do it at all times I just hope that you have learned the outcome and will be careful in the future. If you aren't true to yourself so will you just harm anyone that you are with and yourself as well, for each time you do it so will you feel worse and when it finally bursts over so will it harm both you and the one you care about. I know that being oneself is hard but I hope you will never be put in that situation again. We all make mistakes in life the important thing is that we learn from them." Her words might be a bit harsh but she tried to be kind to make sure the past would not repeat itself, she hoped that he would see her explanation and see that she did not mean anything ill spirited with it, her words were purely meant to be kind and help him never be in that position again.

Taking the knife back.
    "It's ok, if it would get destroyed or damaged that easily so would I have made a failure of a knife to begin with and it would be ready to be discarded. I did think you would catch it though and not use your arcana this time."

"Well I did get it right at least, I do look forward to watch one though and hot cocoa and marshmallows are a must. Or do you have any issues with milk or against eating marshmallows I know that not everyone like them."
    Getting a bit excited
    "Have you ever tried hot cocoa made over open fire? Now the fire adds a certain degree of taste that is ohh so sweet I swear you cannot replicate that with electronic appliances."

Hmm that was a hard one.
    "Well probably more Daphne, I mean Velma is the brains and Daphne is the one with a big heart. Sure she is also the damsel but it should be remembered that she is the one that socially works with everyone and whom can make people feel safe and open up as well. That is an often overlooked trait of hers and is why she had her own miniseries with Shaggy and Scooby without Fred and Velma." That was her view of Daphne at least.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread