Watch

Kaze's incarceration

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods as Skye answers the question as to how they know each other. He nods again as Skye addresses him and directs him to the cell. "Sure." He says, smiling as he relinquishes his grip on the duffle back, which is pretty heavy, having a lot of books inside along with other things. "Thank you."

Kaze says nothing, because nothing is actually asked of him when Phoenyx talks about the relative threat of his baggage versus his magic, and then gestures towards the cell.

Kaze nods, to Phoenyx, more of a bow actually of respect, though perhaps reminiscent of the beginning of a sparring match on the mat, his eyes not looking down but keeping contact with Phoenyx's eyes as he bows.

Kaze accepts his bag from Skye and steps inside the cell, moving back to stand by the far wall, as far from the cell entrance as possible, the better to give his jailer security as they shut the door.

"Thank you." Kaze says, smiling slightly. He stands and watches the two women from the back of the cell to wait and see if they want any further interaction, or are going to just be professional and watch.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Taking the duffle bag lifting it with both her hands in order to get it along without issues, it is clearly a bit heavier than what she is good with but with some effort it does work out at least.

After having handed the bag back to Kaze and shut the door her eyes turns to Phoenyx.
    "There all set, if there is anything that comes up let me know."

Turning her eyes towards Kaze her voice back to her usual demeanor.
    "So do you want a boring month of no interaction or do you want a social month? With how things are and the fact that at least one of us will be around most of the time so does it seem like a good time to talk to me, not to mention that I really could use your help with getting to learn the phone better." He may have been an inmate but there didn't seem like he would be of any trouble nor that there would really be any need to keep it strict and boring better to use the time for something good that would turn more beneficial.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

It was kind of amusing, in a way. Skye was.... what wa sit? A force of nature? It was an odd turn of phrase, but it seemed to fit. She was unstoppable, putting people on the back foot with her demeanour.

The Arrow wasn't fully sure how she would handle it.

"Just remember, this is a punishment for him, Talon," she said, with a wry smile. "Don't make him too comfortable." There was a hint of amusement in her voice. Though her expression tried to be serious. Kaze knew the look of when she was holding back a smile.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, says "I will, thank you, Skye" when she says to let him know if anything 'comes up'. He doesn't ask or dwell on what that might include.

Then the young and free seeming Talon asks what kind of month he wants. He smiles, and then looks deliberately over at Phoenyx, acknowledging her superior position and also curious about her reaction. She's good with it, it seems. Skye seems like she might really be good for Phoenyx, not just as a help in the duties of the Order but as an unrestrained transparent emotional person she is, giving a little cover for Phoenyx to let at least a trickle of her own emotions out, able maybe to relax a little while working. He can tell she wants to smile, but is holding it in.

"I don't really think 'boring' is always bad," Kaze says, laughing, "but I do like to talk and listen, and really that's at least part of why I am in here, so I could use the practice, talking more carefully." He concludes. "I guess I should tell you that I have Body Control cast for the month, so I only need about two hours sleep a day." He says with a humorous warning in his voice, feeling it fair to mention, since his spells are Cloaked, though not too hard to see under serious scrutiny.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking at the first talon and laughing.
    "I won't first talon Phoenyx after all" a smile made easy to see for both Kaze and Phoenyx alike "I already invited him to have some fun between the sheets but he said no." Shrugging her shoulders at it.
    "We do have a date set for Halloween if were both single though."
    Giving Phoenyx a wink
    "So you can always stop that by trying to become my girlfriend before that, from how he and Adi spoke so might there be something nice to having a proper relationship and not just fun between the sheets not that I am against that either fair boss."

Going down in a splits and then back up before talking with a more serious tone.
    "No worries though if I can carry out my plans for the month so will he have some work to do. Teaching me about the city, showing me how to use a phone and tell me things to make me function better around here. So I will bring social company and he will help with my education so I can be of better use for you which in the end sounds like a win for us all wouldn't you say?"
    Giving Kaze a warm gentle look.
    "Who knows you might also have some stuff you need to vent out and talk to someone with, well you have me 12 hours a day so we can talk a lot if you need to."

Giving a simple nod to the words that he is using body control.
    "So you know the life arcana as well, good to know. How does it feel to have that spell on at all times I try to be rather careful with which ones I use for my body as to not let it get to reliant on arcana powers."

Thinking for a second though.
    "However a minor thing, what name would you prefer I call you by? Phoenyx here has only given me one and I only use one so that is easy but I have two names for you so which one do you prefer?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

An eyebrow arches. "Is there anyone you haven't invited to sleep with you?" she remarks wryly.

Then it happens.

There's a small change in the air, and the Arrow's demeanor stiffens as her eyes focus on Kaze. It's like that is it?

And all of a sudden Skye is flirting with her again. She could see it was that now, thanks to the girls' help. It felt awkward coming from the Talon though. "Skye, this isn't the Bachalorette. This is an incarceration. Can you at least pretend to be professional while I'm here?" Her tone has become more clipped and terse.

She talks as much as he does. This is going to be a long, long month. At least I don't have to watch them drool over each other most of the time. Or have Skye trying to get into my pants. What did I do to deserve this?

At least the Talon said something that made sense. She nods, but doesn't look up. "The Supernal is the self. The body need to be treated with respect. Constantly having spells augmentingthe self can blur your true capabilities. Come on Kaze. You know that." Did nothing the Arrows teach him make sense to him any more? Was he already ythat far away from the man she had met?

10. Likes West, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs at Skye's mentioning their date, "Skye, it's a group date; 'Madison' is coming too." He says gently. "And you know I'm a Christian. I guess there are a lot of kinds of Christians, but for me, that means I'm not on a serious date unless it's with someone I could get married to."

He turns to Phoenyx and says, "It's at a club called the Reverence that throws a Halloween party every year. I went with Alastor the first year I was here, and it was...cool, actually, but looks like the kind of place Shodan would have dragged us to. You should totally come with us."

Turning back to Skye, Kaze says, "Oh, I did ask if we could get together to figure out costumes. I think I've got it handled now, though. Totally going as a super hero." He smiles. "Sure, I can try to help you figure out your phone, or the city; the phone will actually help with that, if you have a smart phone."

"Kaze. But in public, I have been going by 'Case' for the last year, but I told you, 'Chase'; I guess I just wanted to change things up, and honestly, I really didn't expect to see you again! So. Anyway, when we're not in public, yeah, Kaze is best. Thanks for asking." Kaze says, smiling.

Then Kaze notices the change in Phoenyx's demeanor. Something is wrong. By her looks, something he did. Something personal, that she's not going to admit is personal, at least in front of Skye.

Kaze listens and then sighs softly, and breaths in and out. Cleansing breath.

"Speaking of when I got here, and the First Talon at the time, I remember the first day, when we both arrived together." Kaze says in reply to Phoenyx. "He started right in sparring with us, and scolded me for not having magic shielding up all the time."

Kaze turns to Skye to answer her question, saying in an excited tone, like sharing interesting information, "Body Control is interesting; it seems to work with my normal body functions in an intelligent way, for example it makes me heal faster and more alert, but not age faster or get hungry faster. I don't feel on edge or jumpy all the time; it's way better than coffee or energy drinks, just because of the lack of any side effects." Kaze pauses, "I worried a lot more about walking around all the time with magic that makes my skin like armor. That doesn't seem like something your body is meant to do all the time. Still, I have been noticing that my body seems to respond in a positive way; after using armor all the time, I have noticed my natural ability to sustain damage has increased, even without it."

Kaze turns to Phoenyx, "Do you wait until you are in a fight to cast armor on yourself, or do you have it on, enhancing your body's natural defenses all the time?" Kaze asks, interested.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thinking for a second.
    "Yeah neither Naga nor Guru but I do wonder if Guru wouldn't have said yes I gotta make a mark for that, really need to get the stress of the city out of this system. I am not sure about Anima, a lot happened there so can't quite remember." The answer half answered in order of honesty and half jokingly for fun she didn't think Phoenyx had expected a reply.

Looking confused for a second, what did a young unmarried woman have to do with this conversation?
    "Don't worry first talon, my focus haven't shifted for a single second." If anyone believed that her talks and wonders made her lose focus so did that only mean that they were victims of her traps, she always remained in control, she was always ready and anyone that believed that she wasn't would quickly come to regret it should they act upon it.

So that way of asking her out was a failure good to know, not that she had expected any other result but the thing about a lasting relationship were still etched in her mind was it really something that great? Anyways things were still working in a manner that she had hoped and wanted so no need to change her approach yet.

Rolling her eyes at Kaze.
    "Hey don't ruin a young maidens dreams of love like that, am I really that bad that I cannot be a bride?" Lightly giggling afterwards, some may have dreamed of the perfect wedding all their life for her the thought had never really taken a strong hold in her mind. If she were to marry one day fine if not that was no big deal, but she had serious doubts that she would be good at it at least like she was now. She was far to damned to really be good. "In honesty I kind of hope it won't happen and that the fates makes sure to send a real love to at least one of us before to make sure it doesn't, then again I am also looking forward to it so no matter the end result I find it favorable."

"Yeah first talon kindly do join in, the more the merrier perhaps a scene where we both can relax would be good for our future work together." Not that she hadn't been relaxed at every minute she had spent with the first talon so far but Phoenyx clearly needed chances to wind down.

Picking up her burner phone and quickly showing it to Kaze, not really long enough that he was able to see the model though.
    "Sorry a basic one, also the things I wanna know I doubt a phone would be the best for. I don't wanna be a screen slave but rather understand the city better and be able to function in it. Sadly I am at home in the woods not cities hence I have a lot to learn." She was fully aware of her faults and weaknesses in the field, she may not have truly grasped the extent but she was aware that the issue was there.
    "So you're going as SuperChase then?" Smiling and hoping that he would agree that he would use that name for the costume.

Case, Chase, Kaze damn he really did like that se/ze ending at least.
    "Will do, personally I purely use Skye at all times that makes it easy to remember and no chance for slip ups, haven't even heard the name I used to go by for several years now." Wonder how many people even remembered her with her real name, she was quite sure that the police had her reported as missing and that her former mentor knew it but other than that she really couldn't think of many if any that remembered the name in more than a fleeting manner. However the girl from that time in her life was no more, she had died after she took the mantle of Skye and the events that transpired afterwards had made sure that she could never return.

Nodding as Kaze speaks, to maintain her organic resilience was the first thing she had learned as well and whilst it had help reduce the amount of bruises she always got so was she not sure how she would react to be without it anymore but it was also good to have it in case a battle would strike out. Damn going against her own teachings, ohh well what can you do.

Listening carefully to his words of how it was to have it in effect at all times.
    "Hmm I personally enhance myself in a manner like that in preparation since I wan't to feel where I am at naturally so I know what to work on but I do have my own prepared tricks at all times as well. I have found that enhancing my natural bodies healing and health does make me feel a lot healthier, prevents sickness, helps keep the hair feeling fresh and it also makes the sun a lot easier to handle not to mention that my skin feels a lot better from it." She used body mastery though, having used it nearly every day since returning from the primal wild her body had barely seem to age in these past four years.

"I do have an idea I wanna test out though, if you use the life arcana to enhance physical skills and train with them over and over until you mentally can remember the moves then gradually remove the arcane aid whilst repeating the process with your body should work in order to get it into muscle memory and as such enhance how quickly you can learn and master physical skills without the need for as much tutoring from another." After all the body would still be forced to do all the moves so it would get muscle memory from repeated usages so why not? She hadn't fully tested the theory yet though, she had never wanted to enhance her won gymnastic skills, she was a bit to proud of her prowess to diminish it unless she really needed it.

This month could really be interesting even if she feared that Phoenyx would find this month a pain in the behind.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Her face relaxes for a moment - it seemed he hadn't forgotten everything. "Armour protects, and works around the body. It's use is pragmatic for an Arrow, as we must always be prepared for combat. Not having armour would put us at a distinct disadvantage to Supernal opponents."

A Bride? A person less composed would have snorted with laughter. Skye certainly did not seem like the kind to settle.

Like me.

That small thought seemed to relax her. If that was what Kaze had always wanted, it was neded going to last. And if he still wanted it, he would seek it elsewhere. She had to accept that. Had to Adapt, uneasy as it was.

Phoenyx sits, mostly listening as the two chatter. When she finally comments, it is on Skye's theory of physical skills. "It is not any faster than learning the usual way. My mentor was a Master of Life - he has seen several students attempt it. He found the ones that learned without aplifying their skill were more disciplined and less frustrated at failure to grasp a new technique or concept. The challenge became a part of their training, folded into the First Phalanx."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Okay, I can see that." Kaze nods when Skye says she wants to learn the city from the ground up, not virtually on a little phone screen. "I can't help with that until my sentence is over, but afterwards, sure." He says.

Kaze laughs, surprised as Skye seems to give odds on who might accept her propositions, male or female!

He looks more serious though, keeping quiet as Skye tells Phoenyx that the Talon's commitment and focus doesn't ever waver, despite her otherwise playful demeanor. That's a good thing for him to keep in mind.

Then Skye is teasing again, asking if Kaze really can't imagine her as a bride!

"Skye, I think you can be whatever you want. I just don't see that you want to be a bride, committing to only sleeping with one person forever!" Kaze says, smiling. "But like you say, anything can happen, with the right person, I guess."

Kaze nods as Skye is nodding to his example of keeping shielding on all the time certainly is a full time enhancement.

He nods when Phoenyx speaks, though he notices, she doesn't actually admit that her first statement had any flaw or incompleteness that needed correcting, or really even directly answer his question.

Kaze sighs, slightly. He believes he can see how maybe it's for the best for both of them not to be in a relationship with each other, at least for the near future. Their goals and priorities were so different.

Skye speaks up again, inviting Phoenyx to come to the party, and playfully challenging the First Talon to relax, 'let her hair down' so to speak. Thank God for Skye being here to loosen things up. He had to fight not to get too introspective or let his insecurities shut him down. Just the two of them could have gotten pretty sullen and uncomfortable pretty fast.

Kaze nods thoughtfully as Skye talks about using magic tricks of her own to preserve her vitality and hold off aging. "That's really interesting." He says.

When Skye describes her idea for a training regimen, building muscle memory and reflexes while enhanced and then forcing the body to reproduce them while not enhanced, he listens with interest, nodding thoughtfully.

He's not sure he would do it that way, or if he thinks it would work. Still, it's fun to bounce theories and ideas of each other. After all, he's not fully committed to the idea of keeping Body Control on all the time either, mostly because of the overall amount of magic his body can tolerate before the spells start to be harder to cast. It's just something he's trying out to learn for himself instead of taking someone else's word for it.

He suddenly feels tired inside, feeling like he's lived his whole life looking for other people to tell him what to do, and tell him that he's okay, when he meets their expectations. Huh. That might be at least a little bit of what originally attracted him to Phoenyx, actually.

Kaze nods again, thoughtfully as Phoenyx responds to Skye's speculation with a definitive answer, based on what her Master had told her that his students had experienced.

"Well. I personally plan to train a lot this month." Kaze says, possibly redirecting the subject a little. "And I plan to study. I have text books I have been wanting to get more understanding from, and a weapon I am rusty with that I need to get my skills back into sharp form."

Kaze looks at Skye and Phoenyx. "What are you planning for this month, sitting around in here?" He asks.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread