Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Updates on the status quo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He continued to grin as he offered a simple, "No comment," to her musings of secretaries and age. Sheepish enough to encourage the light humor, but careful enough not to risk offense.

"The one Judex Twist performed with me during my initiation is relatively simple with little needed more than some devoted time to focus on learning it." A hand flitted off to the side, "Beyond that, however, I could not answer near as well as I imagine Lady Hazelton could."

"I am under the impression that the Lady Notary is capable of offering those services now, but as for myself just scratching the surface..." he shrugged his shoulder, "Perhaps by year's end I could be a suitable backup for when she is unavailable." Avoiding stepping on toes and all. "I would, of course, confirm directly with her on what she specifically has to offer."

"I hope you'll forgive the unusual lack of detail I have this time. That is why I had intended to wait originally, until Lady Hazelton's return to the domain presented an alternative with more immediate implementation possible." He smiled, "With her having no established rapport with your Grace, I thought it would be best to share my impressions from my interactions with her and put the proverbial ball in your court regarding which tools you could leverage to your advantage."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A quiet chuckle, “Not a stupid man I see.” But she knew that already. "But if I'm joking about my age, then rest assured, you can comment. I'm not as evil and cruel as others have portrayed me." unless she had to be.

Nodding, “I do need to sit down with her, sooner rather than later.” A pen picked up and something scribbled on a piece of paper. “I would imagine the more in-depth ones are a bit more,” a pause, “complicated. I am interested in learning more about them from a educational stand point.” Always good to know as much as you could.

“I’ve always been told it’s bad to take on too much, so try and not take on too much.As it sounds like there might be a lot that goes into these Oaths.” A guess.

Her hand waves dismissively, “You can’t be expected to have all the details all the time. Sometimes details are slow to reveal themselves, and I understand this. Unless there is an immediate threat, then things change of course.” The they worked with what they had. “I thank you for sharing your impressions. I haven’t heard anything negative at this time about her, and Judex Twist seemed pleased with her return.” Pleased meaning she didn’t strip any titles and the Haunt was still walking. Always a good thing. “Once I speak with her, I should have a better understanding of how the Oaths can be used within the Court.” And they seemed less messy than a blood bond or ashing someone.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque snickered lightly, "Oh please," he waved a hand off dismissively, "Nothing so specific about yourself, just my experience with women's tendencies on the matter." He shrugged and creaked a smile, "You should know by now I like to play with the odds."

"That is true, and perhaps I do need to take a step back and work a little bit on me and my roots here," he glanced away, idly taking in the decor, "I keep wondering what my play would be the next time another 'Arturo' comes around with an axe to grind. Not sure..." He shrugged as his eyes slipped back to Alessandra's. This was the torment of his danse: a series of questions seeking answers, always.

He nodded respectfully at her reply, "I'm delighted. I felt the idea at least deserved the personal touch of offering it in a one on one conversation. Other than that, I had nothing new to offer, unless you had anything for me?" He huffed in a stifled chuckled, "It has been remarkably quiet, but I have been careful to not complain too loudly."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod, “You know, I never quite understood that. Why there are woman so sensitive about those sorts of things.” But then again, she didn’t much understand a lot of the usual thing’s women got hung up on.

“Nothing wrong with taking a step back when you need it.” She did here and there. “Another Arturo?” amusement on her face, “I, for one, don’t see him lasting as long as the original did. As for what your play would be, did you not like how you handled it before?” she didn’t like how she handled it. She should have ended him.

A shrug, “I cannot think of anything. Like you said, things have been quiet. Which is a welcome change from what was going on before. There comes a time when you relish the quiet times.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Too many variables for my standard for comfort," the Lord admitted. "I had the advantage because he was short-sighted and blind with wrath." Tipping a hand over, "If he had an ounce of cunning he might have been able to have some success."

"I probably shouldn't have run my mouth as loose as I had that night, but the little shit was actively working against family and family goals." He lifted his shoulders, "I still have disagreements with Au Pair Simmons' handling of the situation, assigning equal blame between the both of us in resolving the matter. Also, indulging his insufferable desire to be addressed as Bishop at all times and not considering the bigger picture of the consequences for enabling such behavior."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Not that it matters much these nights. If she ever returns to Sacramento, she will never lead our clan again so long as I am here to ensure it." His eyes narrowed, not staring directly at Alessandra, but off in the distance, "Indecisiveness is weakness. It may take time to reach an educated decision, but forever opting to split the baby only works so many times."

"Yes," his eyes glint back to Ale, "I have been relishing the uncommon peace."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “He was never destined to be successful. Once he walked into my office and proceeded to want a Boon from me to help the Domain, he sealed his fate. It was hole he could get out of, had he put in the effort.” After that evening, her opinion of him was low. And everyone deserved the chance to fix that, but he just kept digging.

“I believe his agenda was himself and no one else. Which was evident by his childish behavior.” Now this was news. “I wasn’t aware she handled it that way, that’s interesting.” Wrong, but it has Rebeccas family at the time. “To be called Bishop all the time?!” a hearty laugh, “Oh that would have stopped as soon as I heard it. He had no ground to demand that of anyone except those in his Covenant. To humor him? Maybe, but again, to expect someone of a different Covenant to use your Covenant titles is just ignorant.” And maybe it spoke of Rebecca’s knowledge as well. Why would she humor such behavior?

Oh, tension in the Ventures.

“That would be your Clans business and not mine. And I trust you would all handle it accordingly.” And not make her have to deal with it.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sharing in the laugh, "Well, the gesture certainly matched his... tenacity. Imagine the headway he could have made if he had an ounce of wit to direct that passion towards something productive."

He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm sure the discord would have been manipulated in whatever way it manifested. She was your Harpy, the primary point of authority and she gave no quarter on the matter despite my objection that I had no obligation to address him by titles meaningful to only his covenant." He flippantly waved off his obvious disdain for the conversation, "So I conceded as I didn't want to fight her and Arturo over something so trivial when the goal of the evening was to mend wounds. I was certain that train wreck of decorum would surface elsewhere anyway and be dealt with." He snickered softly at the thought, "It is a shame that I didn't get to gloat about being right once again."

"Of course, but being that she served as your court officer and is our covenant mate I figured it would be prudent to at least understand the basis of my actions should she ever return." He smiled softly, "I doubt you'll hear much else about the clan's end of that matter."

"A beautiful piece,"
    he motioned to the new painting. New to him at least. "I'm not familiar with it, though it looks right in line with the style I'd expect you to pursue." ​He was clearly trying to change the conversation to something less agitating.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Perhaps. But one has to wonder if there was something deeper going on. Either way, he showed himself to quickly be becoming a liability to the Domain. One who acts before he thinks will only see ruin.” It took her too many years to count to learn that.

“I would have liked to have been able to question her line of thinking of the matter. As Au Pair, she should have known. So it leaves unanswered questions for me. Had you gone to him with questions about his Covenant, then Bishop would have been the best form of address. But out side that? No.” it was weird to her. Maybe she should ask Twist about it. “Though I suppose if one was seeking to smooth ruffle feathers, it could be used. But just seems…off to me.” If she was Judex, she would never expect a Dragon to use the title. “Be careful with gloating, some take it personal and no one holds a grudge like Kindred. So be mindful of that.” There was no edge to her words, just an observation.

Looking to the painting, “It’s another of Paul Delaroche’s pieces. You’d be familiar with The Young Martyr that I usually have hanging up. It’s called The Execution of Lady Jane Grey. A true event, though it is said the painting portrays the moments preceding her death erroneously. But still a lovely piece.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A fair observation," he nodded while motioning an 'on the other hand', "but I also take it personally when wisdom is vehemently disregarded. I try not to be overly demeaning with my victories, but at least intend to instill a sense that perhaps next time they should consider listening."

"Who knows," he shrugged, "To your point, I didn't press the issue because I felt it would help with the goals for that evening." He smiled as she contemplated the validity of the decorum, "Well, if anything shifts on that position please consider keeping me in the loop."

"The palette used to capture the mood is exquisite," he offered. "I love a good story tied in with art. That gives me something to delve into with my next library run."

"If it pleases her Majesty, I should probably get back out into the night." His head tilted as he considered another offer, "If you ever want to have a drink or go dancing it isn't like we aren't directly under a nightclub."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had to wonder how old he actually was. “Should you find the secret to getting another Kindred to listen to reason, let me know. Because in all my years, it’s one of the hardest things to instill. But I believe that wisdom and learning to listen, come with age. Or perhaps hard lessons.” A shrug, could be either.

“And there you show your wisdom, knowing when to push an issue, and when to let it rest. Even for a bit.”
    Some battles were best fought later. “Of course. I cannot give you wrong information, it just wouldn’t look good. But I plan on double checking my understanding with the Judex, and will let you know. It will also be good to have incase it comes up again, then any misinformation can be squashed then and there.” Save the headaches.

“I’ve found most oil paintings are.”
    Hence why most she choice were oil. “Especially when it’s based off a true story. There is another one, Countess Potocka Playing Piano that is quite lovely. The style is a bit different, but well done.” She might not be the most knowledgeable about art, but she knew which artist and styles she enjoyed.

“Of course, no need to keep you from the evening.” Standing and thinking over his offer, “Unfortunately, The Nox isn’t my type of club to get a drink. I prefer small bars with less, what’s the word? Fanfare? Might not be the right word. It's not a club I fit in well at.”

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread