THREADID
DISPLAYED
Frisbee in the Park
May 21, 2021 - Jun 21, 2021
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens with interest as first Skye talks about her experiences and models for relationships, and then Aurora speaks reassuringly, empathetically to Skye about her own experiences. He nods as he listens. He nods again when Skye apologizes for possibly taking things too deep.

"It's cool, Skye." Kaze says, and nodding towards Aurora. "Everybody has a 'different upbringing' than everyone else."

He sighs and says as if remembering,"My dad was a travelling salesman, so when I was really young, I didn't see him much, and then when I was older, like about ten, I actually went with him sometimes, on road trips. That was my best memory of him."

Kaze seems to come up out of his memories and looks at Skye and Aurora, "So, I did have a model of my parents being married, but not so much of seeing them together." He says thoughtfully, "It's like that saying, 'everybody's normal until you get to know them'; I think even people that maybe seem like they had a 'normal' life, if you get to know them you find out they had experiences like no one else, stuff that would be hard for someone else to relate to."

The young mage is quiet for a moment and then muses, "But...I think that's part of what a relationship with one person is about, getting to really know them, and learning to love the things about them that you don't find out in a short term relationship, even stuff that's inconvenient or not what you bargained for when you got into the relationship. I think there's always going to be things like that in a long term, committed relationship, and even the bad things, the surprises that aren't exactly welcome...are what a committed relationship is really about, dealing with those and staying together, letting the relationship change you."

Kaze flushes and looks embarrassed. "Sorry, I haven't actually had a relationship like that; it's just what I think it should be, what I would want." He says.

He laughs out loud at Skye's air kiss and invitation, or really proposition. He's happy to change the subject away from relationship theory and get more light-hearted, and he's grateful to Skye for that and for respecting the boundary he put out there for himself.

"You know what? That's pretty fair, actually. We meet at the party, and say good bye and leave on our own, with a hug. Sounds cool to me, 'if we're both single'," Kaze says doing the finger quotes, "but how about we move it up to Halloween? I don't know of a good Christmas party, but there's this club that does a cool Hallooween party every year. And that gives me some time to learn how to dance!" He laughs again. "Yeah but full disclosure, I don't drink, I'm abstinent, and I am a pretty bad dancer, so you might regret not planning a different date!"

"How about you, Madison? Have you ever been to the annual Halloween parties at Reverence?"

Kaze nods agreeably at Skye saying to call her in June to spar, not mentioning that she doesn't have a phone to give him the number. It will happen or it won't.

He listens alertly and respectfully when Skye talks about how she sees soldiers' role in things. "Yeah." He says soberly, as if in thought. "That works too."

Kaze laughs at Aurora's comment about clothes! "Hey, I am a total fan of clothes, on other people!" He says laughing still.

He nods at Aurora saying she doesn't see her swords as tools of warfare but as tools for entertainment instead. "You know. I am actually kind of interested in learning more about how my fighting skills could be for entertainment instead of you know, just for actually putting a hurt on people." Kaze says, smiling. "It's a whole different thing. I met a fight choreographer in Los Angeles, and it was really interesting talking with him. He really knew his stuff!"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

A gentle laugh at both their words of clothes, seemed like she weren't the only one that was happy in her birthday suite.

Taking a deep breath.
    "Well weapons were invented for hunting, survival and protection. Later on we started to develop them for war, murder and mayhem. It is nice to hear that people find new better ways to use them, red may be a pretty color but the world is red enough as it is better to not color it anymore. I would love to see you both use weapons for a usage of beauty that would be a nice memory."

Listening to both their words of relationships, wow she wasn't the only one who was totally lost and they all seemed to have had very different memories and images they had seen about it.
    "I do wish you the best Madison and it would be interesting to see how you would feel about it after a while, to see how reality holds up to your hopes and dreams, if chance is ever given so would I love to hear your thoughts in depth after a long committed one and the road that led you there."

"If you look deep enough so does it seem like a lot of people have this image of normal, of things they believes happens to everyone else but in reality we are all nothing but strangers in paradise. Everyone you see around you another stranger that you forget and dismiss, we think we know their stories but we rarely do and in this vast world millions upon millions of stories exists and keeps being written every moment. Differences divides us but they also make the world go round."

Shaking her head as a response to Chase, she herself starting to get to lost in her mind to even know if she had navigated it right to begin with.
    "Almost right, add that you pick me up and the night ends with a hug either by your car or a cab whichever you prefer to get home with then we have a deal and Halloween works fine for me." A gentle giggle, her body following along in the laughter "I'll even behave enough to wear a costume, clothed all the time. Who knows I might look cute as genderbent version Robin of Locksley or perhaps a Nobin costume, I don't know that ones story though but some weird person I meet called me that a while back." It was a weird memory and even when explained she never truly got the full image of it.

"Thats alright, I am not the best dancer either, I don't need alcohol to have fun and if sex was the agenda for the night then I promise you that I could find a willing recipient with little effort in this vast city, the goal was more to feel a proper date and chance at something deeper like what Madison were talking about here. I don't mind respecting peoples boundaries as long as they aren't hurting anyone else."

Still lying still on her spot, her body mostly seeming to be at ease for the time being.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Listening, “My parents never married, didn’t believe in the institution of marriage if I remember right. But they always encouraged me to draw my own conclusions on that sort of thing.” Glancing to Kaze, “Though, what no one can answer, is what is ‘normal’? What is normal to one, is chaos to another. So calling something normal just feels off to me. But I think we can all learn from each other’s experiences if we are willing to listen.” Something she wasn’t doing enough of lately.

“Long term requires work. And I think that’s what makes it so desirable and so important. One-night stands are fine, but it just leaves you, well, me at least, feeling empty now. It’s amazing how different events in your life can change how you look at things.” In some ways, it ages you. In other ways, it jades you.

“Then I hope you get it Chase.” Her words sincere.

Nodding, “I’ve been to quite a few actually. And if I say how many, it’s going to make me older.” She says with a laugh.

“Well, I think my idea of entertainment and yours might be different. See, I swallow my swords, I’m up to three currently.” She had to keep working on her craft, and adding more swords was her current fixation. “But if entertainment is interesting to you, go for it! Nothings stopping you from trying a variety of different things until you find the thing that feels perfect.” She was still looking.

“I can assure you that my swords have never been used to kill anyone. They’re family heirlooms, but not intended to kill.” Though she supposes they could, a wrong move and the throat could be severed, an artery near her heart cut.

“That’s the hope, find it, and see where it leads to. It could be a failure or a success, but I won’t know until I take that step. I would enjoy talking about my thoughts on it with you should I find that type of relationship. You have a way of making me think in a way I’m not used to, and it’s nice.” It was also good that there was more to this girl than her looks.

“If I’m going back to Reverence this year, I need a new costume. I have the one I usually wear, but I want to change it up a bit I think. Thankfully, I have enough time to think about it.” A long time.

“I think what makes a good dance is confidence. Just going out there and having fun, not caring what anyone thinks. And if you suck?” she shrugs, “Who cares! As long as you had fun. Life’s too short to not have as much fun as possible.”

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles as Skye laughs. It's a nice laugh, not mean, definitely more like laughing at how crazy the world is than at how stupid the people who hear it are. He can appreciate that.

Then Skye talks about the history of weapons, and well, it's different than the one he believes to be accurate. First weapon was a rock, used to murder a brother in the field out of jealous envy, as far as he's concerned every other theory is basically rationalization to believe people are nicer than they really are. Like we don't all have to work not to murder each other. He's supposed to be the upbeat one, but it's a choice for him to hope that people won't act on their base instincts, not that he believes they don't have them. He listens with interest to Skye's perspective on things, thinking if people weren't murderers at heart, then weapons wouldn't be such a fascinating form of entertainment.

He agrees, nods with the idea, no one is normal. But everyone feels the pressure to pretend sooner or later to some degree. Maybe that's what caused the pain, the losing parts of herself that Skye mentioned happening to her.

Kaze nods when Aurora talks about listening to people, trying to understand them instead of just putting them in a box. It takes more work, especially if you aren't likely to see that person again, like for more than a day or a week before they leave and you never see them again.

He nods again in agreement when Aurora talks about long term relationships taking work, and that making them important and desirable. The idea he guesses, is that the work is to really get to know each other, instead of working on changing the other person to meet your needs. Man. This is kind of depressing all of a sudden. Good thing he doesn't drink; he's thinking he'd be a pretty sad drunk.

He smiles at Aurora as she hopes he gets what he is hoping and waiting for. "Thanks." He says.

Kaze smiles again as Aurora talks about getting up to swallowing three swords. "Wow." He says. "Do you perform anymore? I mean, I would love to see that!"

"Great! I still think I'm going to work on it a little before I get on a dance floor again, though." Kaze says, laughing. "It's a group date then, Halloween costume dance party at the Reverence! Save the date!" He looks around at Skye and Aurora, "If we're all still single. If not, bring your other, so we can meet them!"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Opening up her eyes.
    "I lost my parents far to early to know much about what a parent should be, I was raised by adults but none of them shared my blood, no single man was my father and no single woman my mother they were just all my caretakers, nurturers, guardians and teachers so my view on connections is of from the start from the viewed norm. However like you say for me that was normal, I cannot deny that there always seemed to be a special bond of blood but I never experienced nor fully understood it."

Sigh.
    "That sounds true, however to be honest isn't that true for everything? You do not get good at anything without commitment and work so why should love be any different? You can play a game for a night, watch a movie or read a single book and enjoy them that single time but you will not have become good at it in the end just had fun with it, there is nothing wrong with it there is just far more to explore there that is all. So why should love be any different than anything else? You will only become good at it and find it's true beauty if you truly dedicate yourself to it, nothing worth anything comes easily in this world, no one gets good or become a master at anything without serious dedication so it all sound logical to me."

A slow breath.
    "I look forward to see what will happen and how your thoughts will be when you find what you're looking for and if I am lucky perhaps eventually hear the story that led you there as well but that is a tale for another day." She was in no rush, for now it was just a beginning anyways she could wait until the tale were closer to its end to hear it.

Looking curiously at Madison.
    "Ohh what costume do you usually wear?" Slapping her cheeks, opening her mouth wide to feign a surprise "Don't tell me it's a Nobin costume?" Lightly laughing at her poor joke.
    "I disagree though." Her body arching, easily jumping up to standing position from lying down, spinning it around. "What makes a dance good is passion, dedication and admiration for it's beauty."
    Spinning around again before falling back down in her lying down position again, closing her eyes and calmly continuing.
    "Now what makes a dance enjoyable is to just be yourself and have some carefree fun whilst ignoring what everyone around you thinks, if they don't like it who cares you're dancing for you to have fun not for onlookers to care."

A nod to Chase.
    "But you're still picking me up and you're wearing a costume and as said genderbent Robin of Locksley and Nobin are mine so don't you copy them, it all depends on what I manage to find." Not that she were exactly sure what Nobin looked like she would need to check that out again, she had seen the picture sure but that was just a quick look a couple of months ago.
    "However if you really want them we can always compete in a archery contest for it that sounds fair to me, they are both archers as such competing with archery for the right to the costume sounds right to me."
    Not that she believed such a contest would be fair though, she was a skilled archer a skill that wasn't that common to truly develop in this day and age at least not to the best of her knowledge.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Putting her drink down, “Sometimes. I want to retire, but I need to find another source of income first.” Because money was important. “Though I do still go through my act at least once a week to keep my skills up and performing is in my blood. If you want, you can stop by where I practice sometime.” She liked Kaze, he was a good guy.

“Oh, I’ll still be single.”
    A laugh with a shrug, “I don’t see that changing anytime soon.” That would require confidence she didn’t have.

“I don’t think there is a right way to parent or anything. Or anything set in stone as to what they should be. You appeared to have been raised by people who did their best, and I think at the end of the day, that’s all we can ask. I don’t know you very well, but you seem well spoken and intelligent, so I think the people who raised you did a fine job.”
    Her opinion. “I’m sure there are those who would say my parents were bad for raising a child on the road in the circus business. No real schooling, no roots anywhere, but at the end of the day, they did the best they could.” Did she have some issues? Sure, but who didn’t. “I’ve always heard that blood does not make a bond or family. It takes a lot more.” If it didn’t, adoption wouldn’t be successful.

“Well, becoming a master at anything is a journey all in itself.” Experience there. “And I agree. Love is something that takes work, trial and error, and all that stuff. Now, I’m not one to shy away from commitment or hard work, but putting yourself out there to attempt love? Well, that’s a whole new problem.” One she kept ignoring.

Laughing, “No, it’s not. I usually dress as Harley Quinn, a costume I put together myself, with a bit of edge to it. It’s fun, and I love the leather pants. But, I think it’s run its course.” As all good things do.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh." Kaze says, looking at Skye. "I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Skye." He says. "I guess it's been a while. It has for me too, but I still miss them and wish things had been different."

He nods and smiles in agreement in principal at least as Skye describes how she was raised and Aurora affirms her, saying there isn't necessarily a single definition of an ideal childhood. He nods too when Skye speculates that a blood bond between parent and child seems to be a special thing that she perhaps missed out on, but he doesn't say anything, just smiles slightly, remembering good times and cherishing them, choosing to be grateful for them instead of dwelling on the bad memories and bitterness he's been working on letting go.

Kaze laughs a little at Aurora's certainty of her relationship status between now and October 31st. "I guess you would know better than anyone, Madison, but you know, things can change pretty fast once you open yourself up to the possibility!" He says in an optimistic tone. He hopes she is surprised and has someone by then to share her life with, someone she is able to make plans with together.

He listens to Skye and Aurora talking about costumes. Man. Last time he just wore his martial arts uniform. He's just not that creative--or brave?--when it comes to costumes!

"Hey, you know what? I need help, I think. I am pretty bad at costumes. I just can't think of anything. Last time, I just wore my martial arts uniform, and the Reverence is kind of a 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' vibe, you know? I really, really was I don't know, under dressed? Dressed wrong, anyway." He says. "I'm totally open to suggestions, and help getting a better costume this time."

And then Skye is on the move again! Kaze looks over at Aurora as she puts down her drink and talks seriously about having to pay the bills. He doesn't really have much to say, since he's got a trust fund, and that doesn't seem like a nice or appropriate thing to bring up right now. He listens.

"Oh that would be awesome, Madison! Hard 'yes'! I would love to see your act, and if it's okay, check out your swords too." Kaze says with a bright smile.

He listens to Aurora talking about love and putting yourself out there. He nods. "Yeah. I guess, I'm the guy, so I'm supposed to be the initiator, but it is a lot easier when the other person is kind of chasing you, and you don't have to guess if they're interested, risk that rejection." Kaze says, laughing. "The thing is, if it's a long term deal you're looking for, I think I want to be the one initiating, so I can put it out there what I am really looking for." He says thoughtfully. "I mean, that's my theory of the moment; I haven't actually tried it out much yet."

He smiles at Skye. "Sure, I mean, you know, I am still doing this whole, 'take it one day at a time' thing, so caveat, I don't know for sure what's going to be going on with me in five months, but I'm in; I will save the date to pick you up from wherever you are by then. In fact, maybe we can connect a little a head of time, and I can get some help with a costume."

Kaze looks surprised at Aurora, "Do you mean, 'Harly Quinn" like the 'Batman' character?" He asks? "I love super heroes. I would totally love to dress up like one for Halloween!"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

"Don't they say that you will find someone to love when you aren't looking for it and the more you look the harder it is to find someone? So since you say that you will be single so will you perhaps have a man or woman holding your heart before Summer arrives." She wanted to be kind but her understanding of the area were not the best, children were a lot easier to handle just make some weird sounds and they laughed adults they were hard.

"I would also love to come and see that practice sometime in the near future if that would be alright with you?"

A genuine laughter coming out from her.
    "Ohh yes they did a wonderful job in the emotional department. I do admit that my schooling weren't the best and I would never stand a chance at any fine college or perhaps even high school but I was raised with genuine love and care. No one may have been my direct parent but I never went hungry, I was never cold, I was never alone and I always had someone there who cared for me. I do believe that I got more attention than most people growing up in a city would ever get from their parents, partially cause I always had someone close every hour of every day and partially because I had so many of them. If things had been going differently so would I probably still be with them now taking care of the youngest I was always good with babies something about me just seemed to make them feel safe."
    Her calm presence had always been great for handling babies, true she had lost some of her skills over the past few years but had she still lived like she grew up so would she probably sit with a baby and take care of it right now.
    "I do believe you are right, when someone decides to raise a child a bond is made, the more care, love and warmth the person puts into raising the child the stronger the bond will be. Blood is a great starting boost but not a necessity nor will every person that raises a child have the same options. You never went to a traditional school nor did I but we both seem to be doing just fine even without that and you can never really ask someone to do more than the best they can. As long as your parents did that so do I believe you have been lucky, in the end there is no perfect upbringing and every single one creates some form of issues on the person but that is just life it's not even always our caretakers faults."
    So many things could give you mental wounds, scars or issues things far beyond what anyone could protect you from.

Taking a deep breath to cleanse her mind.
    "Yes mastery is a journey one that far to few finishes, hmm I wonder if I could take my skills into earning some extra money." Her mind thinking for a while on the matter "So what is the problem if you don't mind me asking?"

Laughing at Chase's words.
    "No need to be sorry I lost them as an infant or rather they discarded me whilst I was an infant they might still be out there somewhere, my biological dad might not even know that I was ever born but it is nothing to be sorry about. Evidently I wasn't desired by them and the ones who raised me did give me love so I didn't lose out." She held no ill bearings towards her biological parents she just didn't care about them at all.
    "I do am sorry to hear about your loss though and I have ears that can listen if you need to talk about it, I may not be the best at it but I can always do my best."

Then looking confused at Chase as he talks about costumes.
    "Umm I can give you suggestions sure but I have no idea what this Ricky horror picture book thingy is" she had never heard of it and picture show sounded like some form of odd picture book to her. "So if you want a theme like that I think Adi here is a lot better to ask."
    Looking towards Madison with questioning eyes
    "That is if you know about that odd book?"

Winking towards Chase.
    "Sorry for ruining your chances with me by making the first move sweety." A warm smile to show she is just kidding around. "I do hope you find it though."

"Sure you know what we can even make it fun, you can help me learn to text in June, I have heard kid talking about it a lot but I have never really texted anyone before so that could be fun to learn then we can follow it from there."

Getting caught in her mind for a while, mumbling a bit.
    "So you dress in leather pants as a romance novel?" Harlequin wasn't that a type books? Then Chases words came, slapping her forehead like she had just been stupid.
    "Ahh isn't he the none super powered detective guy from DIC that always argues with the captain underpants in a cape super hope guy?" She had very little knowledge of superheroes but she did remember having watched some movies from DIC as a child and it sounded right not to mention that she had heard the adults speak of them sometimes, she might even have seen one of the movies when she was really young but she wasn't sure.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “Maybe. But it’s not that easy.” At least to her it wasn’t.

“Costumes should be fun and a chance to become someone else for the night. Well, it’s more gothic themed, but I don’t think they would limit people on Halloween who decided to come dressed as a pink rabbit.” Experience there. “No wrong costumes for Halloween, just have fun with it!” only advice she had.

Nodding, “Sure. When I decide to do a full run, I’ll give you a call. I don’t do full runs all that often anymore, and I’ll have to see when my guy has the time too.” Because a full run meant suspension, and she couldn’t do that on her own.

“Oh, it is?” asks the Shaman, “Guys like that? I had kinda been avoiding that because, yah, rejection is a thing and I’m not excited to risk that.” And she looked thoughtful for a moment, lost in her thoughts. “Huh, not sure I can do that.” Maybe if she drunk? That’d make it easier. But then this was someone out of her league.

“Yeah, that one. Even have a giant hammer I made for it. It’s a bit darker then what Hollywood has been showing, but, it’s always been fun.” She liked it. “And there you go! Dress up like a super hero! Why not?”

Looking to Skye, “Well, I wasn’t, like, looking. And it does sort of just happen.” It sneaks up on you.

“If you want, sure. Though if you have an aversion to fire, swords and hooks, it might be a problem.” She jokes with a wink.

A nod, “I get the education bit. My college degree is from a different country and in circus performing.” Hard to get a professional type job with that. “I get by without traditional schooling, but I kind of wonder what might have been if I went back to school.” What would she do?

Taking a drink, “The problem? Putting myself out there, taking that risk of rejection. Not something I’m too comfortable trying.” Shrugging, taking another sip, “One nights stands are easy, you both know what you’re looking for. But when it comes to wanting something more, special and meaningful, you need to put yourself out there. And I’m much more comfortable swallowing swords than facing rejection.” Nope. But it would be easier if feelings would go away.

“Odd book?” huh?

“Romance novel?” a few seconds, “Harely Quinn isn’t a detective, just a fun character to dress up as.”

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, smiling as Aurora talks about risking rejection being a powerful disincentive. People think that being good looking is some kind of shield against that, but it isn't. Sure, looks can help with your confidence, until someone rejects you; then it might make it worse, even more embarrassing. But that's something you could never say out loud without just sounding whiny. He's not famous like she is, but it probably doesn't help.

He laughs when Aurora protests that she isn't looking, though he's not sure why that's funny, it just is. Maybe it shows a human side, even a vulnerable side that he hasn't seen her show before. It's nice to laugh with her, like she has the same kind of problems he does, and they could laugh together at them.

Kaze looks thoughtful as Skye says she doesn't feel bad that her parents didn't want her, and seems to mean it. Huh.

"Thanks, Skye." He says when she offers to listen. Soft pass though; how emo would he feel trying to explain how he felt about his dad leaving them, with his mother dying? She's laughing about her bio rents having passed on raising her. I mean, it's probably good that she feels like she was loved by the people who raised her, and she didn't miss out. That's gotta be better than still moping about it years later like him, right? But...can't relate.

"Oh definitely! Group date, huh?" Kaze responds enthusiastically when Aurora seems receptive to the idea of him and Skye both seeing her show when she practices a full run. "Hey, truck remember; if I can help with the set up or anything, I am in." Kaze says.

Than Skye seems to basically not know about anything more technologically advanced than, well paper. In fact, it sounds almost like she might not read either? She looks to Aurora who explains, at least somewhat.

"Sure, I'd be glad to show you." Kaze says agreeably. "So Skye, do you go to movies or watch tv now, like hulu or netflix?" Kaze asks, curious. "Or get to read books a lot?"

Turning to Aurora he asks, "So, does that mean you are a fan of the comics? I mean, you said that the movie wasn't as dark?" He smiles, "I gotta admit, I've always been more 'Team Superman' than 'Team Batman'."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread