Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A slow nod, “I’ve heard that before. That we all learn best from mistakes that we thought would be the end of the world.” And maybe it was true. “Well, if you weren’t being yourself, who were you being? Because whatever others were telling or expecting you be was BS.” No one knew what the other was going through.

Laughing, “It makes sense and you’re not boring me. If I was bored, I would have told you and changed the subject.” Over the years, she had grown more vocal in things. No longer content to be the wallflower.

“An extrovert huh?” a moment to think, “I can see that. But changing yourself to appease others isn’t a good way to go. Because you’re the one who suffers. Though hugging?” a slight grimace, “That can be a rough subject for some, so might want to be careful with that. No everyone likes hugs, so don’t take it personal.” Personal space was a thing. Especially with mages.

“You know? That’s a great approach! Sometimes it’s simply how things are said that can change the direction of a conversation. So good for you! And not talking about work can be hard. So sometimes it’s good to have a variety of other topics to bring up. Hobbies, interests, you know, those type of things.” She had other work to fall back on, but it was a carefully learned dance.

Chuckling, “I have to say, you’re very optimistic about everything. And seem like you’re in a good space, even if events don’t give you reason to be. A lot of people could learn a few things from you.” She certainly could. But then again, she kept all those things in.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens in growing amazement as Aurora lays out her perspective on where he's coming from. He nods as she talks about the importance of being ourselves. "Well, to be fair, I let people tell me who I should be. I practically invited them to. I'm not doing that anymore though. Even if they were right, I can't be someone I'm not." He says thoughtfully.

He laughs when Aurora says she's not bored, and she would say so if she were. He believes her!

Kaze nods soberly about the hugging thing. "Yeah, I haven't hugged anyone, well hardly anyone. It's more complicated, and totally inappropriate for work." He agrees

Kaze's jaw drops, and his expression is one of surprise when Aurora praises his attitude! Laughing and smiling brightly, Kaze says, "Wow. I mean. Wow. I mean. I don't know any of the details, but I picked up around work that you are pretty legendary, and...honestly I expected you to pat me on the head and call me a naive puppy, not tell me I am on the right track!" He laughs again. "I mean, maybe not literally pat me on the head...."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, well, that was something else entirely.

“Glad you’ve decided to stop doing that. But I like to think there are those with good intentions, only wanting to help. But it can be hard to figure out who is true and who is just being a jerk.” You came across both in life.

Agreeing with a nod, “Totally. Time and place for those.” Permission was always good too.

A confused look, “Legendary?” her? “I’m not legendary, not by any stretch of the imagination.” Nope. Though she could name some legendary people, Avis comes to mind. “And yeah, I could do that, but why? It doesn’t help anything, and you’re honestly trying to better yourself. I’m not typically a nasty person, and calling you a naïve puppy would just be rude.” Shaking her head, “Not my style. Not unless you’ve done something ridiculously stupid. Then, then we’ll have words.” Because those would be needed. “But until then, you’re working on yourself, know your faults, and all we can do is help when we can.”

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods soberly when Aurora talks about people with good intentions.

"Yeah. It's on me. I was the one letting it happen, and people got hurt." He says. "That's totally on me. Understanding that is one way to keep reminding myself it's not worth it to 'go along' with things and let people think I'm all in to keep the peace. It's better to be up front, be who I am, and let that lead me, even if it disappoints people I respect." Kaze says as much to himself as to Auora.

He sighs. "It really does suck, learning from mistakes, especially when I'm not the only one it hurts. But not learning from the mistake and going back to it...that would be ten times worse."

Kaze laughs, "So, you're not so much saying I'm not a naive puppy, just that it would be rude to make a point of it?"

The young apostate smiles, "Never mind, I am just messing with you. I...hope you don't mind. I guess I just realized that I had you up on a pedestal, and just felt like you were saying you'd be more comfortable, if I stopped doing that and let myself get to know you instead of putting expectations for who I think you are."

He looks at Auora, soberly, "You would though, wouldn't you. I am amazingly lucky, here, that there are people like you who will tell me when I am being an idiot. Thank you."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

(Expanding body mastery to last one day.)Mana 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

A walk in the park, well at least this was the area where she could reconnect the most with nature again. It was a feeble copy but it was better than nothing, ohh she dreamed to just shoot down a boar or an elk and then prepare it that would be so much fun.
    Lost in her own mind then she saw the rare sight of a contortionist and not one for being shy, walking up within a couple of yards away, standing there and viewing the skills of her, wondering if she would ever wanna learn skills like these, if she should take skills like these into her body but honestly she had a hard time seeing a reason to do so.

Just standing close by and watching at first, feeling a bit naked without bow on her back.

Paradox
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-20 18:24:53 Skye rolls 1 to paradox (10 Again, Chance) 1 Dramatic Failure!
      4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-20 18:25:15 Skye rolls 10 to Body mastery: Life+Gnosis+HS+EX (10 Again) 2, 3, 1, 10, 10, 7, 3, 4, 6, 6, 8, 10, 4 4 successes

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “Live and learn?” maybe. “But I get what you’re saying. I used to just keep my mouth shut and not say anything when I didn’t like what was happening. Not a good place to be in. I don’t think it will disappoint people so much as make them take notice. Which isn’t bad.” Nope.

“It does suck, but it also gives the others involved a chance to learn. I think one of the biggest things to take away from mistakes and learning from them, is that you can learn that you can be loved and accepted with flaws. You also learn to take more responsibility for yourself and your actions. Those who you’ve hurt have the same chances to grow. Nothing easy, but, if it wasn’t, would it be worth it?”
    it was something she was working on.

Laughing with a shake of her head, “We’re all naïve about something. No one knows everything, and if they say they do, they’re full of shit. I just don’t see the benefit of pointing that out. If someone is naïve about something, they usually know, and pointing it out just doesn’t help. Now, if you keep making the same mistake? Then yah, I’ll point it out.” Because at that point, it’s on him and not her.

Adjusting her ponytail, “Not at all. I’m pretty easy going, so feel free.” Another drink, “I just don’t agree with putting people on pedestals. I mean, don’t get me wrong, there have been those in our company that I’ve admired. But a pedestal seems a bit much. Because we only see what we want of that person. A false idol in a sense.” This was getting too deep.

“I would prefer that, getting to know me instead.”
    She laughs. “I’m Madison and I’m not only extremely flexible, but I hate long walks on the beach.” Jokes the Shaman.

“No problem. We all need to hear when we’re doing something stupid. Even me.” Thankfully, Phoenyx was really good at that.

Then she catches sight of an alluring woman with pink hair nearby. Watching, but not approaching.

Odd.

So the Shaman waves, offering an inviting smile. Though she wonders if the pink haired girl knew Briar Rose?

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods along thoughtfully with Aurora's summation of a personal philosophy asserting yourself and taking responsibility for your own lessons and not necessarily the lessons of others.

Then a look of some surprise comes on his face when Aurora says that she used to be less assertive, but it makes sense, even if it is hard to picture.

Kaze laughs again, as Aurora seems to be inviting him to laugh with her rather than her laughing at him. He wonders if it's been as long as it feels since he's laughed as much, as freely.

It's a nice change, he reflects, not that he minds too much when others don't take his earnestness or hopefulness seriously; it's fine that they have a different perspective.

Kaze nods again. False idols are a thing. Of course, an idol is really something you build up yourself as an imitation of something else that's true, but not under your control and thus you reject really learning about it. Makes sense why they'd be so popular. It might not be the real thing, but it's my not the real thing, and no one can take it from me. He laughs again.

"You know? I would really like that, Madison." Kaze says. "Call me 'Chase'." He says, laughing again.

Kaze follows Aurora's glance over to Skye. Wow. Even in Los Angeles, you wouldn't usually get so many hotties just wandering into the same spot in the park; it would mean a movie was being filmed, probably.

"Hi." Kaze says to Skye, waving from a socially non-committal distance. "Call me 'Chase'." He says. "Have you been to this park before?" He asks, apparently innocently and not at all like the cheesy pick up line it might sound like.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

A gentle smile before taking a step backwards, asserting her feet, looking carefully around taking in the surroundings before doing a one and a half cartwheels over against them, following it up with a spinning tumble landing on her feet right before them.

"Hi sorry for my stares, your body positions had me quite drawn and curious." Her voice extremely calm, her whole presence filled with a tranquil serenity.

"Hi Chase you may call me Skye and no I am new to the city so I am still exploring it and the park felt like one of the less stiff or dead places around here. I hope I didn't interrupt anything and that my stares weren't all to bad."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A wide smile, “Pleased to meet you Chase.” It was hard not to enjoy his company. Upbeat despite what was going on, willing to make jokes. It was nice.

Appeared she liked making an entrance.

Body positions? “Oh!” then a laugh, “Just some daily stretches. But what were you curious about?” to her, it was nothing exciting or new. But, that could be years upon years of it.

“Hi Skye, I’m Madison.”
    A wave, “Want to sit down and join us?” she offers, pointing to the blanket. “I have some bottles of water if you’d like one.” Always good to have water with you. Shaking her head, “Not interrupting anything at all, just chatting."

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles back as Madison seems to be enjoying the moment, and that seems to relax him too, helping him to just be in the moment himself, not thinking of past regrets or future consequences.

When Skye moves back, looks around and checks her footing, Kaze tenses slightly and glances over at Aurora as if estimating her position relative to him and how best to protect her if necessary, then Kaze relaxes slightly as the alluring woman tumbles forward gracefully instead launching an attack of some kind.

"Wow." Kaze remarks, "That's impressive!" He says sincerely. "And 'Skye' is...really pretty."

He smiles as Madison invites Skye to join them. "Sure, we're basically just getting acquainted here." He says. "So. I've only been here a little longer than a year now, but there are some really good running trails and hiking, and a pretty large National Wildlife Refuge about ninety miles north that's amazing." How cool to be talking about city attractions he actually knew something about instead of bars and clubs!

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread