Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Please no apologizing needed. How are any of us supposed to learn if we don't ask questions? I mean even when it comes to the laws of the domain and stuff. I know everyone has read them and knows the words but sometimes meanings can be confusing or people forget things. It happens. What's wrong is how so many handle the questions." Mable blows out some air unnecessarily.

"Sorry, just gets to me the meanness that some exhibit to simple questions. Anyway, I am more than happy to answer anything I can and if I don't know then I will admit it. Hmm, sometimes I do try to answer when I should just say I don't know." Another huff of air.

"So, I do believe she has an office at the court. And yes, I have a few people who I trust with work on the farm but I'm not sure about constant care of the horses. But I do have some friends who can be out during the day that I do trust and I will ask them."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens as Mable starts off saying how she supports him or anyone asking questions and then segues into an unpleasant experience she's had when a question was not graciously received, or when she tried to answer a question with insufficient knowledge. He nods. Seems like I get a lot of those, questions about things I don't know enough about to really answer proper.

"Well." Dirt Nap ponders. Then after a long moment of silence, he ventures, "Ma'am, if you don't mind talking about it, I would like to ask what question got a bad reaction, just so's I can avoid asking it myself." He says, "I need all the pointers I can get with not making a mess of things at Court."

Dirt Nap nods when Mable describes the staffing at the farm. "That sounds just fine, Ma'am." He says. "It's not that the horses need fussing over during the day; it's just a good thing for them to have someone around that they know and like, just where they see them from time to time during the day." He explains. "Someone who could help 'em out if they did need it, notice if they are getting burned up by the sun or ate up by flies."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable chuckled, "Seriously, I never know what questions will set people off. Sometimes it's like speaking to a bunch of teenagers. Just asking how they are doing is enough to get a hand bitten off. I think you are fine. I've never seen anyone get pissed at you. Probably because you have kept yourself so below the radar. I can't seem to keep myself out of trouble." She smiles.

She nodded when he spoke about the flies and the sun.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Well." He says slowly. "Thank you kindly, Ma'am. I am glad to hear it." When Mable says she doesn't know of anyone he has offended.

"I have made some unhappy with me, for sure, but I think all the ones that I know of have left for other parts since." Dirt Nap muses. "I am trying my best not to raise up a new crop."

He ponders, silently for a while.

Then he asks, "If you don't mind my asking, Ma'am, what are you aiming for with this here farm? I don't mean to be nosy, though I guess I am."

7. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiles brightly, "You can be as nosy as you want. Having a normal conversation is a blessing."

"Right now I am using the farm as a training ground for the kine. People who want to help nature through agriculture and farming."
    She then considers the question more.

"My particular study of faith is about the land and how it feeds the people. I try to keep a balance in nature. But the farm in particular, I give the eggs away to the food pantry and soup kitchen. I plan to give the corn away also. I got rid of the wheat fields because they took too much to develop them into usable crops. There are several fields of hay which some will be for us here for the horses. The rest will be given to farmers in need."

Her eyes glittered with pleasure, "I also have a dream of botanical gardens with lots of lights, flowers, and trees. I want to have kine, kindred, and anyone else who wants to visit come and enjoy it." A little sly look, "And if they learn a little about nature and paganism that is great too. I mean, pagan traditions are tied and intertwined in all religions. And if I learn more all the better."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Huh." Dirt Nap says, listening intently to Mable as she describes her beliefs and goals for the farm.

"The hay will be good." He agrees.

He ponders. "I am not sure I follow, how raising food on the farm and giving it out teaches about nature." He says slowly.

"It's a good thing to do, sure enough." He says. "Just...'nature' as I understand it is about predator and prey."

"I apologize, Ma'am, I don't mean to be offensive towards your believing; I would just like to understand it better." Dirt Nap says apologetically. "I believe it's possible to Change myself, but only from what I prey on; I can't change from being a predator."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nods as Dirt Nap speaks, "I know I can be hard to follow. Teaching is starting with the students learning how to grow the crops and tend the animals. I also work on teaching others with the care taking of the trees I do. As far a prey and predator aspect." She pauses.

"We can't change from being predators. But as a kine I was also a predator. I believe even kine have a beast within them. Some have a great control over the beast others don't. As a kine most don't understand what the beast is and attribute it to other things such as feelings or blame others for it. I truly believe all are born as a monster, a beast. What an individual does with it is their own story of growth. As kindred, we have been morphed or advanced much like in Darwin's theory of evolution. We are adapting." She shakes her head a bit. She doesn't usually share her different view of being a monster.

"Anyway, as a kindred I can see what is happening to the earth. I probably have said some of this before, if so, please forgive me... I believe that by feeding the kine and teaching some of them how to care for the earth and each other, they will stay near here. That will give our fellow kindred a stronger feeding ground. I understand you are taking a different root, and I so appreciate that. Keeping the forests clean and well maintained will help keep animals nearby. I don't know I guess I am all about balance. Balancing nature and man. As a predator, I know we need to keep our food sources taken care of. Kinda like how the chickens are cared for so they can produce food for kine."

"I'm not sure if I answered you." She gives a chuckle. "I usually try not to talk so much. I appreciate you listening to me tonight."

Ok focus Mable, "Teaching. I have made this into a teaching farm. I have the students here during the day running things. And then I open it up for children and their parents to come and learn about the plants and animals. In an interactive way. They can see, touch, smell, and experience everything." Focus leaves her. "Oh I want to get bees for the back field. I'm not sure how many hives I need but that's something else I want to do."

"Goodness, I am taking up all the conversation. What are some of your plans?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods and listens to Mable speak, going still and unmoving and even unbreathing as he concentrates on what she says.

"You have thought about this a minute, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says, sounding a little impressed. "I understand about not having the opportunity much to talk freely about the things we believe, that get us through." He nods.

He's silent for long minutes. Then he says, "I have to wonder though about something."

"You sounded like you believed 'evolution' was a good thing, and that's fine." Dirt Nap says thoughtfully, "But isn't it evolution that the people and cities push out the animals and plants that can't adapt to them, and other animals like the rats and crows and pigeons and coyotes just move right into the cities and thrive with no trouble? Wouldn't that mean you'd be working against evolution?" He asks.

"Mind you, I'm just curious. I'm a creationist, myself. I mean, I believe there's a Creator alright; I just don't believe anyone who says they know what the Creator meant for everything, doesn't know all they think they do."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Evolution is different from progress. What many kine do in the name of progress forces nature to evolve. Birds beaks have evolved over time to get the food they need some have long sharp beaks to get bugs from trees. others have developed a pouch like beak like the pelican. Nature is made to evolve and adapt. Like the experiments you are doing is all about evolving yourself. You are evolving and adapting. And yes, not all evolution is good for everyone and everything but it is necessary for the growth and development of the world."

We are at our month mark. We should wrap up.

Mable hoped this was an understandable answer.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods and listens carefully to Mable's answer. "Alright. I guess I can see it that way." He says, slowly and thoughtfully.

He smiles. "I gotta say, Ma'am, I appreciate being able ask you what you think and believe about things. It's a real pleasure to be able to have something like a normal folks kind of talk with you."

Dirt Nap pauses. "I would enjoy staying all night. I got some responsibilities though, that I shouldn't put off." He says, standing.

"Thank you kindly for your time and company, Ma'am. It lightens the load, somewhat."

Good to close! Thank you for the very fun scene!

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread