Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable heard his words. So many times she wanted to give up and leave. She had her bags packed. After the alien things had almost killed her. She was ready to just leave as she had been left. She didn't. She stayed, healed and grew.

Her hand touched her heart. "You don't know what your words do for me. The universe is vast and we are but dots moving through it. I have so much to learn and experience. I can't do it if I keep running. So I will be here for a while. I hope you will be also."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods and smiles, "I am glad, Ma'am, to be an encouragement to you." He says.

"You have been a right encouraging word to me too, more than once." He adds."I hope we both stick around a long time." He agrees.

Dirt Nap is silent, apparently quite comfortable just sitting still and taking things in, enjoying a welcome moment of peace and relative security in a potentially long existence.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiles at him and looks out at the land. Her land and beyond.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

After a time of contented silence, Dirt Nap speaks abruptly. "Ma'am? Is there any project along those lines I could pitch in with?" He asks, as if continuing a previous conversation. Then, seeming to realize that he might need to provide some context for his question, he adds, "I recall when you had a bunch of volunteers marking trees and such? Is there anything like that, helping out with the wilderness management? I was glad to do it at the time. I wouldn't mind at all helping out more with that kind of thing."

Didn't know if you would want to close; I am fine to continue. BTW I remember loving the scene you did with people helping out with forest management as a big group of volunteers, and thinking at the time something like that would have made a great shard! Some kind of community service project as a Shard seems cool to me.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled brightly. "I am working on getting all the dead wood out to cut down on stuff to burn. I would really love that to happen. Maybe I can get some others interested in helping? I know some others in the domain, some kine, who could possible help."

She thought a moment more, "Even if it ends up just being us two. I appreciate the help. Many hand make quick work."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says, nodding thoughtfully. "I would consider it a privilege and a pleasure to help out with that."

After a long pause, Dirt Nap adds, apologetically, "I can't says as I know of anyone I would invite along." He says. "Most my close acquaintances nowadays seem to be of the four legged variety."

"I would be glad to show up though, whenever and wherever you say."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable cocked her head as she listened, "I was wondering...are any of the horses able to pull a small wagon? Or able to carry a pack with brush in it? There are some areas I prefer not to get a tractor into." She hoped she hadn't been insulting or over stepped.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles, "Sure enough, Ma'am. Some horses would be perfect for the work in rough country." He says, nodding.

After a long minute of silence, he realizes that might not have been all that Mable was asking. He could provide the knowledge, but his material resources were sorely lacking.

"I, uh...don't actually own any of the horses that I work with, Ma'am," Dirt Nap says sheepishly. "I know of some that could be rented, all law abiding like if you had a mind to, and I could help handle them for you if got them."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Renting a couple would be great. The Urban project can afford it. Could you look into it for me and let me know how much? I will requisition a check from accounts payable."

She chuckled, "Yes, I do kinda abide by the laws of the kine as well as the kindred. Mostly." so many kindred were more criminal minded which was fine also. to each their own. She would continue to mostly abide kine law, it gave legitimacy to everything she did and when she did break the law she could get away with more.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles perhaps some relief in his tone. "Well, Ma'am; I'd be glad to help out with that. I am pretty sure I could get them at a good price, depending of course on when you want them, how far ahead of time you know, and what's available." He says.

After a long pause, Dirt Nap says, "It might not be much more, to tell the truth, if you were interested in picking up a team, two horses should do it, for keeps, here at the farm." He gestures at the spacious area. "I'd be happy to help train 'em to your needs, and teach anyone you like how to look after them regular hours." He offers.

"Hiring a team and equipment can run you fifteen hundred dollars for three of four hours, with transport to and from the site." He says. "Whereas, I could find you a good pair in need of some training--which I could do without charging anything--for between five hundred to eight hundred each. A rig would cost another five hundred or so, if I was buying it and you were only using it to haul, not for fancy rides for tourists at the park." He chuckles.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread