Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I think it is awesome what you are trying to do with your diet and strengthening. Just be careful. And let me know if I can help."

Mable watched Dirt Nap try several times before he got it. She took out her favorite purple pen and tried...
    failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-17 10:16:07 Mable Wood rolls 5 to Try to hide a pen Int 2 +Occult 3 (10 Again, 1s Subtract) 3, 6, 3, 4, 6 failure

This time she had some success, but it didn't totally disappear.
    1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-17 10:19:45 Mable Wood rolls 5 to Try to hide pen try 2 Int2+Occ3 (10 Again, 1s Subtract) 8, 7, 9, 3, 1 1 success

"Oh let me try again." She was excited.
    failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-17 10:21:27 Mable Wood rolls 5 to Try to hide pen try 3 Int2+Occ3 (10 Again, 1s Subtract) 1, 9, 7, 7, 7 failure

"Damn. Ok another try."
    3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-17 10:24:11 Mable Wood rolls 8 to Try to hide pen try 4 Int2+Occ3 (10 Again, 1s Subtract, WillPower) 3, 3, 4, 10, 8, 9, 1, 8, 5 3 successes

"OMG. I did it. What do I do now?"

I think I did this correctly

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap watches as Mable works apparently applying her occult training to the exercise.

"That's...good, Ma'am, really." Dirt Nap says encouragingly. "Might be a bit of overthinking it. At least for me, it's not so much my concentrating to make it disappear, as sort of letting myself--making myself, to be honest--relax and forget all about it being there, only doing it in a way that it's 'catching', so to speak." Dirt Nap 'explains, perhaps unhelpfully.

"It seems to be kind of learning a state of mind, more than a...formula to concentrate on."

Dirt Nap is quiet for a moment and then says, "It's a step by step thing. I had to really work on this part for a while, about a month and then came back for the lesson on how to use it to hide the Beast."

Krieg's player did the teaching scenes so effortlessly seeming! LOL! I like that as a Gangrel, Dirt Nap is more intuitive than overtly cognitive in his process, which can make it harder to teach! Also the Coils are either a thing or not, there's no 'casting' them like magic spells like the Crone? That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

The actual roll would be Wits + Larceny + Obfuscate + 2 for such a small object being hidden, so for Mable I guess it'd be with a -2 for not actually having Obfuscate yet, but for teaching learning purposes, we're kind of fudging it anyway; in the teaching thread where Dirt Nap learned, Krieg's player said not to roll at all, but I like to make the roll with the Gangrel penalties because it highlights how difficult it would be.

So basically up to you! The one thing is, as I understand it, you can only get ONE level of a discipline per RL month of experience spend, so Mable would learn Obfuscate 1 this month, and then they could meet again next month and do the second level, the Mask of Tranquility which doesn't even require a roll! Much easier!

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Unless we are told otherwise I believe I have succeeded in my rolls. For first level I need 2 successes level 2 I need 4. lol Hopefully this was good? So next month we can work on mask?

"So I should use what I learned in yoga and just let my mind let go? That makes sense. Letting go helps with so many things. Like when I am boxing I am not thinking about anything just focusing on letting my body do what it know how to do best. When I over think I start to mess up. That was really great advice, Thank you."

Mable produces her pen. "I'm going to practice this for a while then we can move on. I really appreciate your patience."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles and nods, "I am glad to be able to help out, Ma'am." He says.

Works for me! I PM's Saber Sloth just to cover things for the spend request. Thanks for the fun scene! I love the idea of doing another one next week to get Mask, though as far as I know, you can learn on your own once you get the first dot in a discipline? IDK...?

7. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I really appreciate your help. Krieg had left before he could help me. Anything I can do for you?"

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles, "Well, Ma'am. I suppose in a way it is him that is helping you, seeing as he's the one who trained me." He says.

Dirt Nap is silent for a while before answering further. Then he says abruptly, "I am a ways off."

He is silent another minute and then says, "I have a thing to learn first, and then I need to grow stronger, but...I do still want to learn the thing the Prince talked about in our last Clan meeting, the trick of speed. When I am ready, I should be able to learn to combine it with our Clan learning, and change real speedy like. That's a goal of mine." He admits.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded. She liked the idea of Krieg teaching Dirt Nap. But she was still really angry at Krieg. Very angry.

But that wasn't Dirt's issue to deal with so she just smiled. "Ya me too. I think speed will be helpful. I can't remember who she said could teach us. Was it her or someone else?" Mable's memory was really bad these days due to her long schedules.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap notes that Mable seemed to be preoccupied for a moment, and possibly not happy, but he isn't too sure. In any case, he watches silently as usual and takes a long, still, silent moment before answering when Mable asks her question.

"I seem to remember the Prince offering to teach us herself." Dirt Nap says softly nodding. "Maybe at our next Clan meeting."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Relieved he remembered, "Thank you. Yes that was it." She nodded.

"Do you want to sit a while or do you need to ummm, fly off?" She smiled softly at her...friend.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap pauses and says, "I wouldn't want to bring it up with her, though. I'm not ready to learn it quite yet, and I'd hate to waste her time, Ma'am."

He smiles and says, "I could set a spell, if you had the time. It's a nice place, and a pleasure to just sit and watch it for a while, Ma'am."

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread