Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Snorting in amusement, “The weather is starting to warm up and encourage that huh?” the joys of being female. “It’s a nice dress.” It looked good on her.

Oh. That was still going on. Seemed she had gotten used to it not being brought up. “Well, a lot more lately since returning to the city. But I have to say, I was impressed with the way you spoke at that small gathering. Very well stated quite a few times.” Better then she was most of the time.

“Safari?”
    thinking on that one for a second, “Well, that depends, what’s the prey?” men, woman, both?

“Lawyer,”
    a nod, “nice. Be good to have one of those around. Hopefully we don’t keep you too busy.” She didn’t plan on it. But, you never know.

Chuckling as she sips the straw, “Well, retired from that field of work. I mainly do furniture refirbing now.” Probably not as exciting, but it was nice.

“I hope the schmoozing pays off.”

Shrugging to Phoenyx, “You’re not wrong. But you need to focus on yourself once in a while.” Had the Arrow mention parkour before? “Parkour huh? It does look like great exercise and fun at the same time. A rare thing.”

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug and a nod is leveled at the newbie.

"More than fair, that's me tonight too," she says. "When you need a drink, you need a drink."

Many a Guardian had their vices. Came with having to deal with the job and, considering what's been happening lately, ya girl needed a drink

Then a chuckle to Pheonyx.

"Fuck, you're adorable," she says. Before snapping her finger and pointing to Aurora as she pulls out the prey comment, "That's safari."

Then a glance to Aurora. Tyche smirks and offers a non-commital shrug. Tyche had her preferences, but sometimes you need a little mystery.

"As for me, not hunting, but if any of ya need a wingwoman you let me know," she offered.

3. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Warlock was taking a drink when Phoenix asked about safaris, and she somehow managed not to choke. Chuckling, she set her glass down and patted her lips with a napkin. "I believe she means hunting for... fun, Alice."

"And no. I haven't quite earned that honor yet. Hopefully soon." Good luck with that, Naga, stranded out here in this Awakened frontier. Who's going to promote you?

She looked to the Thyrsus and smiled, "Thanks, the client seems promising. The law, of any sort, is a passion of mine. I'm happy as long as I have the work to keep me busy." She continued to study Madison for a moment, "Perhaps I can hire you to do something with my office furniture sometime? The movers weren't as careful as I would have liked."

"Parkour?" she inquired to all of them, "That's the running and jumping thing, yes?"

The Ladder chuckled to the Guardian, "Not on the hunt myself, but I'll keep the offer in mind, thank you."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

5. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

What prey? Was this a thing she had missed?

"Oh yes, it's a lot of fun," the Arrow nods. "There's some great places downtown to try clearing the building gaps."

Tyche's laugh at her raises the Arrow's hackles and her cheeks flush. She looks at the Guardian, chagrined. Adorable wasn't respected. Adorable had to be protected. Adorable wasn't taken seriously. "Don't laugh at me. I just didn't know what you meant," she mutters sullenly.

This was why she hated getting to know people. They always did things that made her feel stupid.

The Arrow starts sitting a little straighter, looking more serious. Just like that, the walls were going back up.

As for the offer - the idea had seemed okay with just Aurora here, but now with people she barely knew? It just felt very exposing. The Obrimos decides to breeze past the comment.

"Oh. I see," she says in response to Naga. "Like watching the animals." Her tone has started becoming more formal, but despite her annoyance, a small smile touches her lips. Men could be animals.

There's a nod. "That is a bit simplistic - it is freestyle movement though urban environments, aiming to overcome all obstacles in a simple flowing motion," she says with a smile. "Basically aim to never stop, being one with the environment so it cannot slow you down."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Pouring herself another iced tea, “Not particularly hunting tonight. But I’m always looking per say.” Sometimes someone just catches your eye. It was a weird thing.

A nod, “Part of going out and just enjoying yourself sometimes includes a little bit of extra fun.” She shrugs, not thinking the Arrow was looking for any of that yet.

“I can take a look. It’s sort of been a hobby of mine for a few years that I’m recently turning into something full time. So I’m not, like, amazing at it or anything.” Fair warning.

Note taken, Phoenyx doesn’t like to be laughed at. Even if it wasn’t in a rude or mean way.

“I don’t think she was laughing at you to be a bitch.”
    She was going to have her work cut out for her with this one. “It was more a friendlier laugh.” The Shaman tried to reassure her.

“Exactly! It’s just a more polite and fun way of saying it. Hunting for that specimen that catches your eye. Kind of like a game.” The Arrow could get this. But it was going to take some time.

9. Likes Xadun liked this post

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche smiles at the little Ladder. Step stool? Too on the nose?

"Cool," she says, "I ain't hard to find, just let me know when? Nights out are great."

Then came Pheonyx's defensive response.

"Oof,"
    the Guardian uttered in turn, "I didn't mean anything bad, y'know? I'm not great at the whole apologizing thing outside of the office, but... sorry? Buy you a drink?"

Booze as tribute!

She liked Pheonyx. The Arrow wasn't weak, just innocent in some things. It was cute. Pure. Something that Tyche never had the chance to be.

Then a nod to Madison.

"Definitely that," she says, affirming the Shaman's assumption, "Not trying to make fun? Sorry if I came on too strong, though, in my defense..."

She points to the Manhattan.

"Not my first," she says.

So it was that Tyche hushed herself a bit. Better to let things run their course rather than risk pissing off an uptight Arrow.

11. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Phoenyx's shift in tone was immediately noticed. Had she-- no, the ire appeared to be directed at Tyche's comment. Still, best to cover one's bases. "If I offended you, Alice, I'm sorry. No disrespect was intended." The Arrow seemed a tad socially awkward. Naga noted that for the future. She didn't want to take something the wrong way again and find herself in a Duel Arcane over the Obrimos' sense of bruised honor.

"Well, that sounds like an adrenaline rush," she said, on the subject of parkour, "Hobbies are nice to have." If only she had time for any.

The Warlock raised her brandy sour to the Enchanter with a smile, "Same. This is not my first of the night. Hopefully not the last, either."

Phoenyx was smiling again. Crisis averted.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow looks awkwardly from Aurora to Tyche. "I'm not good at that either. I have all the department responsibilities so when people act like I can't handle things....." She trails off with an apologetic smile. "I'm not very good at small talk and the drinks helps me some. I thought it would help me relax. But I guess it's not all helpful." She shrugs, still smiling. "It's... okay. I've had a few drinks too. Maybe I'll try what you're having? I'm still learning what cocktails I like. But we can.... watch the animals?" the Talon adds with a nervous smile.

Phoenyx turns to Naga. "Oh, it is! And it's not just a hobby, that's the great thing about it. It's great exercise. I like to keep changing my routine, pushing myself." She waves a hand around the group a little haphazardly. "You all keep in shape. That's clear. You must all have routines and things to keep fit? But it is always more interesting to try new ways of doing things." It seemed the alcohol was catching up with the Obrimos, and she was getting chatty. "Oh, everyone should have a drink!" She adds brightly, sucking on the straws of her Iced Tea. "What's that you have?" She asks Naga.

Maybe she could make friends after all.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

14. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Always good when your guess was spot on. Cause if not, then things got awkward. And that was never fun.

“I personally think it’s more a matter of everyone getting to know everyone.” Raising her drink, “And all that. So yes, more drinks.” Always a good idea, right? Of course! “What are you drinking?” she asks.

The words caught her attention, adrenaline rush. Something she was always looking for. “Really? An adrenaline rush? Consider me more interested now.” Those were hard to find after a while.

“Small talk is something not many are good at, but, you can get better at it.” She had her moments where she wasn’t good at it either. “We’ll get you there.” She just needed to let that guard down. “I don’t usually do mixed drinks myself, but the iced tea is pretty good.” Went down really easy.

Fit? She guesses in someway she was. “Eh, not really? I have a routine I do in the mornings, more out of habit then anything. But it’s mostly stretches.” Mostly to help her stay for flexible. “And my hula-hoop.” That was a good work out.

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cool," Tyche offers Pheonyx as things don't boil over. The Enchanter finally seats herself, "And sure, I got you, you want one now? It's a Manhattan, you like rye whisky? You can take a sip to try it first if you want."

The glass clinked lightly on the table to affirm the Enchanter's offer as she left it there for a moment, giving the Arrow a window to nab a drink if she wanted.

"I definitely don't do it myself,"
    she says as the conversation turns to parkour, "Knowing me, I'd slip and y'know... splat."

Her tone though made it clear the second bit was a joke. Kinda. Tyche was dexterous, but parkour also required strength and nothing about the Guardian screamed strong. She wasn't about to test it out.

"I do yoga though? Sometimes cardio?" she offers, trying to find some connection there. They all did a little something it seemed, though Tyche was sure Pheonyx's regimen was much more intense.

Arrows gotta Arrow.

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread