(Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I might just take you up on that bet," she chuckled and took a drink of her brandy sour. The Warlock could probably get away with it, if she remembered to try next time.

"Oh," she raised a hand apologetically, "My mistake. I'm sorry. You mentioned him and then your ex so closely together, I must have confused the two." She gave the Arrow a disarming smile, which seemed to come much more easily to her than it did to Phoenyx. "I shouldn't pry, anyway. Forgive my curiosity."

On the subject of the stern Guardian, Naga smirked, "I imagine he's a bit like a janitor in an elementary school. Always cleaning up one horrifying mess or another. It would probably make me grumpy, too."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow squirms. "The drinks would need to be before the meeting... and then I wouldn't be doing my job properly..." Man, Phoenyx really did struggle to relax. Jokes just breeze past her.

She sighs and sucks on the straw some more. "They really don't! It's worse when they act so certain that they're right. There are different ways of doing things that work for different people."

The amused stare from Aurora as the firebird flounders isn't helping. Why wasn't she helping?

This is why you do this. It's a different fight to get better. It's a test. She knows that. Why don't you?

"He... does seem very wrapped in his work,"
    she says slowly, recoiling from the ease at which the Mastigos makes small talk. "He's very dedicated." She tries again for a smile at Naga, still looking a bit nervous, but she makes it. "That's okay. We were talking about both things. Things have been a bit... awkward... for me lately. I don't take many days off or complain about my problems much so this is kind of different for me."

More Iced tea is sucked up, with a glance to Aurora. This was it, right? Making small talk and getting ti know people?

"I think he is devoted, but has a very strict worldview. That can be good, and bad. It gives him firm guidelines, but cannot always adapt to the changes in the workplace without causing unrest." Phoenyx offers another smile. Maybe she could do this after all, once she had nearly two Long Island Ice teas inside her.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blue eyes widen at the new girl with respect, “If you do, let me know what you like to drink in advance, and I’ll have it ready.” Would it happen? She wasn’t getting her hopes up.

She was good.

“That’s a good way to look at it. The last time I talked with him, he wasn’t as stern as he can be at work. Was a nice conversation, he has a lot of interesting things to say.” Maybe he was one of those people who you had to catch on a good day?

“See, the true test is doing it without drinking. Being ok with giving in to those little desires and enjoying things.” It was going to take some time. And a lot of work.

A nod as she sipped, “I had to practically drag her out kicking and screaming.” She jokes with a wink to the Arrow. “Days off, having a few drinks and just relaxing are very important to a healthy life.” A nod. It was true. “Add some liquor into the mix and things get taken to a whole new level.”

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

So cometh Tyche.

The Acanthus meanders in, dressed up as she is in a neat white dress, some black, strappy heeled sandals, and a pair of necklaces, one with seashells, the other a pendant with the cycles of the moon. Ya girl has to accessorize now and then. Was any of it expensive? Nah. Not really, but it worked. And she felt cute.

First, to the bar.

"Manhattan, please," she says. The bartender briefly enters a tirade to explain the options of bourbon and rye, but Tyche, blunt as she is, just gives the man a look. "See that Knob Creek Rye? That'll do."

The man makes the cocktail to order as Tyche had wished, slides it along and makes a passing comment on her dress and her look. Tyche just smiles, tips the guy well and says "Thank you." Then there he goes, chasing after girls he feel might be more impressionable. Or impressed. Tyche isn't sure.

The Guardian takes a sip, but soon spots the congregating mass of mages. Ain't no time like the present to say hello.

So Tyche departs the bar, beverage in hand, and walks to the group.

"'ey ladies," she says, "Seen ya around, but haven't really introduced myself. Penny."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

She smiled confidingly at Phoenix. "Well, if this is your night off, don't let me stop you from enjoying yourself. Do as you please, I won't be judging," said the Théarch from the Abode of Demons.

"Good friends are the ones that will force you to have a good time because they know you need it," she nodded approvingly to Aurora. The Arrow and the Mystagogue seemed to be close.

"I'll have to try and get to know him, I suppose." The Warlock didn't appear to be intimidated by the prospect.

The arrival of Tyche brought a smile to her face, as she easily recalled the Acanthus from the Consilium meeting. Naga offered a hand, "Valerie. Nice to meet you, finally. Call me Val."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Dark eyes flick to the table. "I enjoy things!" she says, a little defensively. "And you did not.... oh..." she notices the wink and blushes, going back to her drink. There's a small smile to Aurora. "Sorry. This is still all new. It still feels like sneaking out."

The Arrow sucks on her straw, and a gurgling sound indicates the empty glass. She reaches for the pitcher to pour another one.

"Hi Penny," Phoenyx says, giving a small wave after the pitcher is set back down. "Your dress looks hard to move in. Is it flexible?"

Yeah. Trying to relax, but still blunt.

Dark eyes turn to Naga. "People always judge." The words are out of her mouth without thinking, but the tone is indifferent. "I don't think we can help it. We measure everyone else against our standards. I don't think it's bad, necessarily, as long as we keep in mind that our standards might need adjusting." There's a slurp on the straw, and Phoenyx looks at the glass. "And that what works for us might not work for others."

She looks up, and around. "Madison did think I needed to get out more. I put a lot of time into work. But only because there's nobody else who does it."

Had she checked the best exits from the bar and picked a table that compromised observation of the exits and floors? Maybe.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyeing the new girl, she nods, “I remember you from some meetings, but yeah, never really introduced.” Holding a hand out, “Madison, nice to meet you Penny, pull up a chair.” Always good to get to know new mages in the city.

“Oh, she’ll be enjoying herself. Part of my job here this evening is to make sure she does and doesn’t worry about work.” Part joke, part truth.

“See, she gets it!” raising her glass to Naga. “So what do you do Val?” time to see what she’s about.

Smirking as Phoenyx caught herself, “You’ll get used to it. And see that it’s ok to have a night to yourself. Mental health and all that.” It was just good for you.

A nod, “People will always judge, and it’s up to you, as a person, to not take those judgements to heart. The way I live my life isn’t the same as the way someone else does. With time, I think, you learn to ignore the judgements and just do you.” She did, and there were still those who would judge her previous job as dumb or unimportant. Fuck em.

“And that’s the problem. No one else helps, which leaves it all on you, and then you get all stressed and don’t focus on yourself. Not cool.”
    Nope.

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nice to meet ya, Val," Tyche offered, taking the hand for a brief shake, "Finding Sac-town to you're liking?"

A coy smirk is leveled to the Arrow.

"Well, I mean I'm not about to do parkour in it,"
    she says, "but it doesn't, like, constrict my walk or anything. Plus I finally shaved. Best dress I own to show the world, y'know?"

Then 'Madison' extended her hand. Though Madison Cross didn't need any introduction.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-08 16:15:26 Tyche rolls 8 to Know the Famous Madison (Wits+Comp+Fame2) (10 Again) 1, 5, 7, 10, 9, 2, 2, 1, 2 2 successes

Nonetheless, Tyche offers the Thrysus a handshake and a smirk.

"You probably get this a lot, but, yeah, I know who are,"
    she said, "Seeing you at the meetings though? Now that was a surprise."

Then a mischievous smile.

"Fun, huh?"
    the Acanthus comments, "Just drinks or are you girls on... safari?"

For a moment Tyche wondered if the joke would land, but it didn't matter really. It was funny to her. Bonus points if it made Pheonyx a shade closer to her dress though.

Then Madison speaks up, trying to bolster her friend's confidence and self worth. For once, no quip from the Acanthus. Aurora seemed pretty serious and commenting would probably just tarnish it all.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Admittedly true, Alice. Under the circumstances, I think you have earned a night of frivolity without anyone looking down their nose at you," she smiled, giving a slight shrug of her shoulders. "What happens in whatever this place is called, stays here."

"Lawyer," she replies to Aurora. "Yourself?"

Hmm, I know this girl.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-08 17:08:20 Naga rolls 8 to Wits 3 + Comp 3 + Fame 2 (10 Again) 9, 4, 7, 10, 3, 4, 1, 1, 10, 3 3 successes

Even as she asks that, recognition sets in. Tyche's similar reaction confirms what she now realizes. Madison is famous. Small world. "Well, I guess I should take my question back now."

"Quite well, thanks," the Warlock says with a nod to the Guardian, "I'm settling in pretty quickly." She chuckles, "Not me, I'm afraid. I just spent the evening schmoozing a client, and now I am simply relaxing."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

It seemed that everyone else thought Aurora was right. Maybe she did deserve time off? I mean, who would tell her not to? Thankful smiles are given around the group of girls.

"Maybe I have been focusing on work a lot..."
    she says to Aurora with a small smile. "It may not be cool, but somebody has to. If there was no guards, anything could happen to the main office. Lots of people that would like to see what we work on. Until there are others doing that, it's just me." She shrugs. the Arrow didn't mind. It was her duty, her order's duty.

Thyche, or "Penny", gets a smile. "You should! Parkour is great exercise. I've been taking it up," she explains to the group, "and the thrill is something else. But I understand wanting to show off. It's why I wore this..." Phoenyx smiles, a full smile this time, spreading her arms up.

Yep, definately more emphatic with some drinks inside her.

Phoenyx looks towards Tyche. "Safari? What do you mean?" she sucks completely innocently on the straw of her cocktail. A glance to Naga, who clearly got the reference.

A Lawyer? "Do you handle internal legal affairs?" she asks Naga with a tiny hint of a slur. "Or just.... external clients?"

12. Likes Abyssalstar, Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread