Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

A forge?? And Glaives? Wait. "So you'll be making a..." the crescent bit his lip. "Glaive Klaive?" It was a terrible joke. Someone had to have made it already. "In all seriousness, I'd love to watch? And learn." Much as Nathaniel was inexperienced with fighting, making weaponry seemed an interesting pursuit.

A nod from Nathaniel. He understood her frustration "I'm sorry..."... But Nathaniel knew the tales of some such rites- knew the depths the Tribe had gone through, following after Death Wolf's footsteps. Places Nathaniel hoped to reach. "I would love to learn the Rite, if you'll teach me. And I could teach you how the Chiminage Rite?"

Then onto what was making her hurt- "R...Right. Alright. Sorry... Just start practicing rites then?" Oblivious as he was, Nathaniel at least knew when to stop prodding (into people at least). Maybe Brigit would know more? They were still close right?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily groans. "No. I'm the funny one. Know your place, kiddo. But sure, you can come. It's not a secret. I need to practice some actual Fetishes, so we can do some stuff to experiment. Although Ratchet is a no-go. 'kay?"

She shrugs. "Eh. Every tribe has their special focuses. We can do a swap, sure." The Ithaeur smiles.

There's a stare. "Did you never have like.... a sister, or a female pack member, like ever? Do I have to teach you to be an enlightened twenty-first century guy from the ground up?" She shakes her head, irritated. "Forget it. Lets get on with the Rites."

"Okay, kiddo. This one's a bloody one, so let's go tot he garage." Emily pulls herself up and disappears into the kitchen, emerging with another large candybar and heading down the stairs.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was excited to participate. "Sounds fun! I can't wait." He put the comment about Ratchet in the back of his mind. Nathaniel's view on spirits may have been... What did Emily say? "Care Bears" or something? But she seemed attached to the spirit in her garage. Hm. Things to find out later. But she was happy to swap rites- fun!

Then the stare and... Had he ever had a female packmate? "A far older shadow dropped by during my training at some point, to attend the renown ceremonies? And she taught me a few rites." What was he missing here? He was about to prod further but- "Right. Just.. Rites." Definitely ask Brigit later.

He stood along and followed her, bringing along the ritual supplies. "We could perform the Chiminage Rite with Ratchet afterwards, if you think it'd enjoy it? The Rite requires the spirit to be present." He didn't seem at all anxious about the ritual using blood. And he thought Emily might like a formal way to feed her spirit... Friend... Assistant.

He brought out a fresh page. "Alright, so. How's this work."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

+1
    SL
    PRE

wrong account
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There's a shrug. "Maybe. He'd probably like it. Although he just likes being here. It's where tools are used and repairs happen."

Emily pulls a ritual knife out of her box of bits, followed by some chalk.

"We don't need the chalk, but I find it helps?" She says, drawing a circle on the floor. "This one's dead easy. You let 33 drops of blood fall to the floor, then command the spirit of the blood to take your message to the person of your choosing. Now, it's not a real spirit, per se, but it gets the job done." She pulls out a battered journal and flicks open to a page titled "Scarlet Messenger".

"Little fella goes wherever you need - can even cross to the spirit, which is one perk on a cellphone, I guess. You get 33 words, and he brings back a response. Neat, huh?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nods, understanding. "Sounds like a plan."

Then listening intently to how the rite was performed- just a few drops of blood huh? That seemed simple enough. He started writing down the instructions. "Does it matter how you let them fall? Some pattern or Uratha glyph you have to make?" It almost seemed too easy.

Finding out that it could travel the Hisil was yet another plus. "Even in the Hisil? Can it be intercepted and destroyed before delivery?" That would be unfortunate, if an enemy or another spirit could destroy the messenger.

Thirty Three words. Thirty Three drops of blood. That made a sense. "Does it have a range limit? And what happens once it's finished?" Plenty of questions to ask- he had to make sure he understood every part of the Rite. The process was simple enough, but a Rite was so much more than it's steps.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Damn. Nate was question-y.

Emily unwraps the candy bar and nibble on the edge. "Chill, wouldja? Okay... No, it doesn't matter how they fall. They don't form a glyph or anything. We're not wizards, Nate. What I tell you is what it is."

She looks at the chocolate and takes another bite, sighing. "Yes, it can go in the Hisil - why would I say it would if it can't? - and it doesn't have any permanent essence or so spirits mostly ignore it. I don't know if it can be destroyed because why would I follow the message I sent? Then I could just give the message in person. Duh."

The blanket is pulled around more. "Tell you what, Wise-ass, how about I sent a message and you can chase the fucker and see how far it goes? How far away is a cellphone call?" She sighs. "See my previous statement about not following the damned thing. If the messenger is given a message, within thirty-three seconds, it flies back to the sender and repeats the message. Once it's done that it drops to the floor and turns back into blood. If the person doesn't state a return message, if just collapses into blood there."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nods and nods, writing down details.

He didn't want to test if it could be destroyed- that seemed a poor use of the rite. As for the other questions, they seemed to um. Hm. "Alright, alright. Sorry for pestering you with it sis- I'll look up stuff later." He saw this was bugging her, trying to tone it down. A few more notes.

Wait. "It turns back into your blood after use? So you'd want to dispose of it afterwards, or hope the person receiving your message can..." a random splat of blood could leave questions. Even only 33 drops, it was worth considering. He wasn't versed enough in Uratha biology to know what it would look like under testing, or if it could be used to identify him.

Still- he thought he had it. 33 drops, 33 words, 33 seconds. Something to look into there, power of numbers and all that. "Alright, I'll give it some practice. Would you like me to show you the chiminage rite now? Er- could you convince Ratchet to come over for it?" Nathaniel was unsure where the spirit would be at this time.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's fine, just if you fire out a hail of questions without giving me chance to answer anything, I'll get pissy." More chocolate is consumed.

"Well, yeah. It turns back to blood. It just splatters on the ground. What do you mean, "dispose of it"? It's blood, dummy. It decomposes." Emily shrugs.

"Does he need to be here? Or do we need to be over there?" she asks.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Right- he had asked a bunch of questions there hadn't he? "Of course- just wanted to make sure I got it right." She really liked chocolate. Wait wasn't that bad for wolves?.... Well, so long as she didn't shift.

"But it's our blood. Werewolf blood- what if someone finds it, or what if someone sees it and gets curious? Just want to be cautious is all." There's no way their blood was normal under a microscope, right?... A note written down, to look more into their biology later.

As for the spirit. "Um- so long as we're present with it? Sorry, I just didn't know where it was. If it can't materialize we'll have to step sideways. We'll need something representative of the spirit, to take a sliver out of; so for a bird spirit you might use a feather?" He wasn't quite sure what her spirit room mate would enjoy.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last