(Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had to hand it to him. Winter had his oil business facts down, at least as far as she could tell. Easy enough to google, when she had the chance. The point, however, was that he sounded convincing. Often, that was all that was needed. The Warlock nodded, both impressed and amused.

"What? My hobbies? Oh, nothing terribly interesting. I enjoy old movies." Her fork played with the remains of her salad. "Basket, you called it. You mean basketball?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Yeah, I'm a decent shot. Old movies? Like Hepburn and Charlie Chaplin", he asks, "to be fair I fancied you to be the Contemporary art and Opera type. I guess appearances can be deceiving",just a salad uh, she's a vegan, isn't she? "Burgers not to your liking?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ever play professionally? In college, maybe?" Another sip of her coffee was taken. "Sure, like those. Of course, at my age, old movies are basically anything from before the '90s," she smirked at the older man.

The Millennial Mastigos glanced down at the salad bowl before her, now essentially empty, "Burgers are fine. It's just a little late at night for such a meal. I felt like something lighter." Her brown eyes go to the pair of meat patties on buns Winter had procured for himself. "I see that's not a problem for you."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I eat once a day", he says, "and no. I didn't attend college I'm afraid", technically it was the truth. "I play to relax. It helps me think". His gaze is fixed on the woman. She's like this strange clockwork mechanism you want to study... tear apart even, just to discover how it really works.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

That was curious. "Once a day? Interesting. Is this the usual time you take your daily meal? Why only once per day?" It's funny, Naga was thinking the same thing about this strange man across the table. What made him tick?

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"No, I pick it at random, helps me avoid falling into a habit", he slices one of the burgers in half. It's a small movement, but he definitely pushes his plate toward the woman, in a sort of invite. "Intermittent fasting. Ever heard of it?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

He's an odd duck. That was the sum of it. Paranoia. Touch of a martyr complex. Then again, weren't those the signs of a good Visus?

"I'm afraid not. Do tell," she replied. After looking at the offered half-burger a brief moment, she picked it up and set it in her salad bowl.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"You eat every 16 or 18 hours. Usually limiting yourself to one meal, it helps your body heal. It's detossi... detexifying? What was that word?", he asks, helping himself to another bite of his burger.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Warlock picked at the slice of burger in her bowl, tearing off a bit of meat with her fingers and popping it into her mouth. She chewed quietly as Winter spoke, only speaking one word herself to answer his question.

"Detoxify."

Strange that he didn't know the word when he knew all about this odd dietary concept. What game was he playing at now?

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Yeah, that's the word", he says, "so, you planning to keep working throughout the night?", he wipes his hands with a napkin. His meal apparently over.

Page 9 of 10 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread