(Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You see death, I see opportunity." The Warlock smiled pleasantly. The demons of Pandemonium had fucked with her mind in ways far more invasive and cruel, and she'd come out stronger for it. A tiny prick at her pride now was barely even noticeable.

"Besides, if Sacramento is a dead end, what does that say about your being here?" Always fun to turn a statement back on the witness.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Be careful, only carrion crawlers see opportunity in death", what did it say about him?, "What does it say about me? Lady, that's a pretty low bar you're setting"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I never said I saw death here. That's your viewpoint," she took a sip of her coffee, then sat back and crossed her legs. If she knew what the hell a carrion crawler was, she didn't acknowledge it either way. "It's a fair question. You seem to have a low opinion of this city, yet you stay here. Why?"

Winter was in no manner under oath, obviously, but the Théarch pressed her cross-examination just the same.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Which kind of opportunities do you see, then?", perhaps he hadn't gotten the message across, but he'll bite, "I never said I thought high of myself. Now, did I?", and he had just turned the tables again.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Weren't Obrimos supposed to be more confident than this? Or at least not this down on themselves and... everything else? "So you're punishing yourself, is that it? You think you don't deserve better than what you consider to be a dead end career track?" She wouldn't be thrown off the scent that easily. Naga leaned forward, hands wrapped around her nearly empty cup. "I'm sorry if you see it that way."

If he's even being truthful about that part, which was doubtful. Naga was happy to play along, regardless. This entire conversation was fun.

"What do I see? An opportunity to prove myself. A chance to do better. Help make a positive mark on the world." Nothing terribly specific.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Here, let me show you something", he takes the spoon from his cup, and while still wet, pushes its bowl against the table propelling the metal handle upwards, "When you're young, your prospects will show a similar growth. That's what they call a hockey stick graph, exponential growth", he nods, hopeful that she'll follow along, "Love, family, career, money. Everything is within your grasp. But when you're old, and for one reason or another your best years are a distant memory, compound interest really starts working against you. This is why, at this stage, I tend to focus more on institutions and things than mundane concepts like success or other trivialities. The former will keep existing long after my departure. The latter, won't survive the light of my mind being extinguished".

8. Likes Abyssalstar, CandidesDream liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Mastigos gave the demonstration all due attention, quietly and respectfully following along. When Winter was finished, she nodded.

"A pragmatic view, then. I can appreciate that." She rested her chin in one hand, elbow on the table, and gazed at the Guardian thoughtfully.

"One could even say a noble view. The old soldier defending the fortress." Perhaps he was normal Obrimos, after all. "And I'm perfectly willing to admit my relative youth colors my perceptions."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Her reaction left a bitter taste in his mouth. He expected she'd put up more of a fight, show some grit. Or maybe she was just paying him lip service. Whatever...
    "But I might be wrong", unexpected words coming from a Zealot. "Well, one should strive to see things from every angle"

Spells: Mental Shield [pot 1]

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

She wouldn't be much of a Silver Ladder if she was always adversarial. Devil's advocates didn't lend themselves well to leadership. "Understanding both sides of an issue is rewarding," she smiled, "Especially when you represent one side. When you know the other side, you know their weak points."

And maybe she understood something about this Guardian now. Provided he wasn't making things up. As said, Guardian.

But the best lies had the kernels of truth in them. The fun was in digging them out.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Life isn't a game of chess. You aren't constantly battling your opponents, looking for a way to exploit their weaknesses or a wrong move", but he sounds insincere. He raises the cup to his lips, something outside the glass windows seems to have caught his attention.
    He takes his time to savor the amber fluid and appreciate the quiet night outside. When long gone from his taste buds, the fragrance will still linger in his memory.
    "What do you think?"

Spells: Mental Shield [pot 1]

Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread