(Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I see." Not necessarily anyone she knew, in any case. She hardly knew every Warlock or Théarch in L.A. Nor every lawyer.

"True," she conceded the simple fact. "But that wouldn't be any fun. Do you like skipping to the last page of a novel?" She shrugged, picking up her coffee cup once more. "Who's to say how many of them are practicing under their original names? I know a guy who had his name legally changed to Max Powers. Thought it'd be more impressive in the courtroom." She took a sip. Counter.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"I've learned to distrust the written word. But to answer your question, I'm not too fond of surprises. The first thing I do is spoil myself the ending", he holds his cup high, gesturing the waitress to bring a refill, "Who knows. There's an attorney in Los Angeles called Sue Yoo. Dick Strong? You can't make this stuff up"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

She, too, requests a refill from the waitress. "Remind me never to watch a movie with you," she smiled. "It's a weird town. I blame the traffic."

"Do you spend a lot of time looking up funny pseudonyms?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"About the same time I spend getting chatted by lawyers", they get their refill. This time the tea tastes a lot more sweeter than it did before, "Hmm", he says. "This city is a bit of a backwater. Not much in the way of ambitious goals"

Spells: Mind Shield [pot 1]

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"And yet it's the capitol city of the world's fourth largest economy. A lot of moving and shaking going on here. Your ambition may be tempered by your goals in life."

The second cup of coffee was good, of course, but never was quite as good as the first. She still savored it, however. "But I suppose Sacramento does get overshadowed by it's more glamorous siblings."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"San Francisco is probably better, no? A lot more money changing hands, new technology. Stanford and Berkeley too", he asks, "you familiar with the area?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"As I said, more glamorous. San Fransisco, L.A., Santa Barbara... Sac could seem dull in comparison."

She took a sip. "I've been. You?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Every now and then. Can't say I'm overly fond of the area. A lot of drilling operations in the San Joaquin Valley area", repeat a lie many times and it becomes the truth, "you haven't said why you moved to Sac. Bored of the big city life?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga seemed to be able to make a smirk feel charming. "Orders from on high. My bosses wanted someone here. Representation matters, as they say." She swirled her now half-empty cup, "You know how it is, yes? I'm making the best of it."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Your bosses might have wanted you out of the way. This is the place where careers go die", couldn't say he didn't enjoy fucking around with a Ladder's brain. Especially a Mastigos' one. Besides, she wore an outfit worth a couple of months of rent. It was well deserved karma.

Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread