Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Consilium: (2004) Consilium - Venus in Converse - Page 10
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2004) Consilium - Venus in Converse

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2004) Obrimos Side Thread
Apr 15, 2020 - Apr 16, 2020
(2004) Thyrsus Side Thread
Apr 17, 2020 - Apr 20, 2020
Campanella
Status
Aurora
Status
Star
Status
Winter
Status
Abacus
Status
Anima
Status
Briar Rose
Status
Kaze
Status
Naga
Status
Pixel
Status
Tyche
Status
Phoenyx
Status
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 10 of 18 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Last

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Neck hurts. Head hurts. This is going just great.

"The Council can assist with any watch of the prisoners that's required."

He's still turning his head slowly, from Phoenyx to Anima.

"She didn't say she accepted the nomination." Something Pixel thought was clear as day. "She's politely saying it's not your business to tell the Theurgists when to change their councilor or who to choose."

Truthfully? Pixel would be wondering how to apportate someone's head up their ass if they tried telling him who or when he should consider his representation on the council.

"As for the Heirarch, it depends. Campanella spoke after you asked him a question, he did not explicitly voice his desire to resume his old seat on the Council as Councilor. So if Campanella is willing to voice that desire and we have a council of five councilors then I agree we should leave the heirarch role open. If not, and we are a council of four, then a new Heirarch should be chosen."

So. Many. Assumptions.

"As for patrols, I think it's a dumb idea for the Council to be ordering what to do with people's spare time regardless of circumstance. Not everyone is able to defend themselves or sneak around town and forcing them to go out and look for danger is a dumb idea that borders on murderous and suicidal."

Not to mention that Pixel had better things to do then to pursue the hobbies of the Arrow when the actual sentence is what's straining her. Maybe Anima was scared of being alone with the big bad criminals? Who knows.

"If Phoenyx wants to patrol the city she can during her down time or once her task is done. If others want to patrol the city they can make that choice themselves. The Council should mind it's own business and let people spend their time as they see fit."

Or maybe, the Council can take this as a lesson of assigning babysitters when one wasn't required. If they didn't want to spend the time to mind the prisoners of their choices then they didn't deserve their seat on the Council.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Orianna liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Tsk Tsk, musn't forget, if Pixel doesn't say it, he hates it. Eyes lock with Pixel as his teenage angst rails against the nature of the world. Youth is truly wasted on the young.

"The Path of the Mighty wish for a change of Representation... And it is obvious that Winter can not retain the seat. Magus Pheonyx herself called for the next agenda point. That's taking up the burden of leadership, even if hesitant of accepting the title. Magus Campanella can take the seat or not, as I said, IF, but again, IF, Magus Pheonyx wishes to delay, that leaves another seat vacant for the remainder of a meeting with the most important agenda on the table. We're still discussing hypotheticals here, as no motion has been made and no vote called for. I wish us to look at the cards on the table as the saying goes. If ideas cannot be discussed and developed here, why gather at all Councillor? The Obrimos wish to delay selecting a new councilor that is of course, their prerogative. The Moros wish to keep his seat empty, his choice. But if those scenarios play out, that leaves us with a Council of three until next meeting. Again emphasizing, that rushing to fill seat of Hierarch would be a foolish act, as we struggle to fill our own council."

Cool eyes take in Pixel, the boy is twisting his words, perhaps purposefully, misunderstanding him. Anima feels a flash of anger, a mouse has bitten his paw, but he cools rapidly, never letting the emotion slip through his mask. Sparring with words is so boring, but the nature of the lands. Best to think of the Mastigos as an alien Spirit, a hostile one that will fail again and again to understand the meaning of his words unless they are extra carefully chosen. He calmly states his rebuttal, picking words with care and without maliciousness, lest the tiny, but innocent presence of the Mastigos try to bite him again.

"As for assisting with Patrols around the Circle. Keeping the halls that house our Consilium safe. So many of the Consilium have offered to volunteer their time to take a take a patrol to assist the Arrow. I'm not asking for a draft. I'm asking that my fellow Councilors join me in service to the Consilium we serve. I, too, will walk these halls and patrol these grounds to maintain security as other of our number have spoken up to volunteer their time. Interpret my words however you want, I'm talking about the Circle, our Circle. That's what I mean by patrols, that's what the Lex requires. Assisting as Wardens of the Incarcerated and Patrolling the Circle sounds like two ways of saying the same thing to me. I don't know about patrols of the city as the city at large is not my concern. Cabals and individuals have the duty of keeping their own territory and sanctums safe, as outlined in the Right of Sanctuary. As Councilors, our duty is that of the Circle. It is the home of the Council, and Sanctuary demands we keep our home safe. Furthermore, we must stand ready to defend the sanctums and territories, when informed of a threat, it is the duty outlined by the Precept of Protectorate. Let us not further argue pointlessly on matters and duties that we've already accepted, and perhaps instead, discuss tabling the Hierarch discussion for the next meeting, hopefully then, we'll finally have a full council."

Anima isn't a lawyer or a ladder, but like all members of the Sacramento Consilium, he knows the Laws, the Laws they all agree to follow as a member of the Consilium. It's like the Mage Ten Commandments, and sometimes the best weapon to wield against someone who wishes to view themselves in an Oligarchy, when they seek to seat themselves above the Assembled, is simply to remind them they are just another member of the pack.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

After all of this, Tyche would probably need more than a cigarette. Luckily, they were in California. No sneaking around the back alleys needed. She should look into plants.

Still, frustrating as it was, the Consilium was a good look into how certain members ticked. Aurora and Rose were easily picking up the bullshit thrown around. Pheonyx was no wilting flower when it came to the Council interfering with her duties - and her words about the wisest course of action to be passed on to another order were good. Even if the Council failed to hear the wisdom in them. Abacus was still a mystery, but perhaps his accomodating nature was a matter of survival. He was sharing the Council with a known Free Councilman and a Shaman that overstepped his bounds. Though she did not know Anima's affiliations, his mannerisms and disregard for the duties of the Diamond seemed to make it a little clear where they might lie.

Whims before Duty?

If she didn't think it would put her in Anima's crosshairs, the Enchanter would have laughed at the comment of the council proving itself effective. Still, Tyche needed to try and keep cool. Emissaries were meant to serve as liaisons with the rest of the Diamond and she couldn't do that by generating bad will. Yeah, her duties didn't extend to speaking with the collective that called themselves the Free Council, but Pixel was a Councilor and helped Winter with the Clock.

Point being? The kid had some pull and Tyche didn't need to be on the bad side of his influence. So she had to be nice, even if right now she really did not want to.

Credit where it was due though? Pixie was trying to reign Anima in and protect Pheonyx's voice from all of the Shaman's attempts to twist her words. Nonetheless, the Mastigo's words that painted Pheonyx's patrols as some kind of hobby to be undertaken when she had free time was met with a look of surprise and light disappointment, though the Enchanter is quick to avert her eyes, finding purchase on the firebird herself. Tyche's own expression turned sympathetic.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He casts a forlorn look to the ground. Did the Moros feel the same as his brittle throne turned to dust beneath him?
    Was it elation or something deeper? Contrition... longing, perhaps?
    The bonfire of vanities resumes at a brisk pace, but there's nothing else left in the script for him. He's just a background actor. And just like a cameo, he slips to the back benches.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Igor
    Giant
    ((7ft 6in: Gangly and Gnarled))
    ((WWE - "Heel"))
    ((Acolyte))
    Igor

Nimbus:

A vomit like stench wafts under the nose of everyone nearby, while the air turns heavy and stagnant. Both bright hues and loud sounds fade into an eerie stillness. A viscous urine colored liquid seeps out of Igor’s orifices coating his gangly and gnarled body in a thin film. Any movement -languid or brisk- slings this rancid ooze about.

PRE

*crack* *crack* *crack* Cashed rosepetal ash tumbles out of an ebonywood pipe into a gnarled hand. At seven feet - six inches, Igor feels like a grinning Zdzislaw Beksinski monstrosity sporting a coffee colored summer blazer, jeans, and sneakers. “Apologies for interrupting.” Lethargic rumbling. “Hey everyone. I’m Igor.” Eye-gor. “Lead Coin. Silver Ladder.” Large watery eyes scan the room while hands, of their own accord, repack the hungarian-styled pipe. Two deep puddles hesitate on the gorgeous blond. Where have I seen her before? Wow. So. Many. Beautiful. People.

It’s not your fault that you’re always wrong,
    The weak ones are there to justify the strong,
    The beautiful people, the beautiful people...

His happiness stutters, grin falters, and Igor unconsciously shifts his weight painfully off the twisted leg, leaning into his black duffle bag at his feet.

The worms will live in every host,
    It’s hard to pick which ones they eat the most,
    The horrible people, the horrible people...

Ignore it. Manson got old decades later, anyway. Everything does. Banishing the feeling summons a familiar face, Naga, across the room. You wouldn’t believe it but Bengt Ekerot can smile a big, ear to ear; toothy grin. Genuine as it is, it's not particularly pretty.

The tension in the Consilium is palpable even though Igor doesn’t know the history of the conflict or who the people involved are. The Ladder has noticed! Libertine leadership breeds chaos and a Guardian one foments paranoia. Is it chaos, paranoia, both, or something…. else? Igor waves at no one in particular. “Uh… where do I belong?”

9. Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella still looks grim, but with an effort he softens his visage.

"I thank the Council for the respect and honour they pay me, but on this occasion I must decline. I am... compromised... And a change of perspective is truly needed."

Something in his eyes and the twist to his mouth suggested the Moros did not believe it. Yet still he said the words.

"And I am the only member of my Path. So..."

Campanella's voice trailed away as the giant Igor makes his appearance and declares his allegiances.

11. Likes Xander, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

See, this was the problem. This Council was a joke and this was shit show.

Rubbing her forehead again, trying, and this time failing, to keep her mouth shut.

“This,” a gesture to the room, “appears to be a council of one who is letting their Free Council show.” Eyes leveling on Anima, who clear loves to hear himself talk. At least someone does.

“It seems there needs to be some Path meetings and some shit sorted out.” Still fixated on him, she was done with this horse and pony show. Making her Path look like fucking morons is where she drew the line.

“And Councilors decided upon.”
    Oh yeah, it was on now. Her level of bullshit reached for the way.
    “If Phoenyx doesn’t want the title, that is for her and her Path to decide, no one else.” Period.

Her face softens as she looks to the Arrow, “Give me a call and lets discuss the patrols and any other way I can make things easier for you and what you are doing for us all as a whole.”

Then the new guy, damn he was huge! Was seen, cause how could you not notice him and a smile, friendly, as offered, “Welcome.”

13. Likes Ruach, , , Xander liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

What's that saying? Something about leading the horse to water. Pretty soon the horse will figure it out. Maybe. Hopefully before a donkey is pulling the rickshaw. Okay, guess who watched Madagascar one too many times?

Dude. Dolittle and Beaver Cleaver are getting ready to strap up.

Then there's Lurch. Like Andre the Giant caught a baaaaaad STD. Probably gonna catch another one once Dolittle peeps that monster cranium.

Bless Aurora for cutting all that thinking short with, oof, zing. Looks like everyone's figuring out that whole Councilor hot potato actually means something. Get sowed, yo. This is wicked entertaining -- enough for a second pear. Why is he carrying a pack full of pears? Don't ask. Side note: the California Pear Advisory Board was right there in Sacramento.

This Consilium could use some... pear...ity.

One is offered to Tyche in lieu of her sympathy for Phoenyx. Die Every Day. Okay, so it's a little bit cheating, because Intervallutrix. But Existence is War, not procrastination.

"Like, speaking of? Cabals,"
    he spoke, "I'm probably gonna, you know. Lock down West Sac. Once I put a crew together. Just sayin'."

Because this whole 'patrol' thing was getting super weird. Plus that's the old stomping grounds. Gonna get real furry up in here if someone tries to snatch up Jolly Kone.

15. Likes Ruach, Stray, , Mark liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze takes it all in. Filtering, breathing, not reacting anymore. Phoenyx might be Councillor, or might not. We might have another meeting or might not. He involuntarily thinks back to the last Path meeting he attended. Yeah, probably not like that.

Then Igor. Eye gore. Try not to think of Young Frankenstein. Big guy. Ladder. Moves like he's not a fighter. Maybe knows the other new one, wait, she's a Ladder. Makes sense.

Kaze nods and smiles towards Igor, not venturing to actually say anything just yet. Maybe after his sentence is done.

Then Star talks about Cabals. Kaze remembers being in a Cabal once, for like a month before Alastor left and it all fell apart. Maybe that means Star will stick around instead of leaving, like he apparently did before. It would be nice if people stuck around. It would be nice if Shodan were here.

17. Likes , Mark liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Leave it to a man to confuse speed with effectiveness. Anima's words seem part self-congratulation, part assumption. The new dark-haired magus is given a respectful nod of thanks.

Dark eyes look between Anima and Pixel, before settling coldly on the MAstigos. "Councillor Pixel, what you call 'a way to spend spare time' or 'suicidal' is the duty the Ungula Dragonis has performed for the Diamond and Pentacle since the time of Atlantis, so the other Orders do not have to." Fight me, Libertine. "The Council has requested I undertake an additional duty, and I have agreed to act in accordance with their.... Wisdom." Careful pause. "That duty will take the entirety of my capable time, without assistance."

"I have also offered to train self-defence to any who wish - the last session was attended only by myself, but I will do so again if it is needed." The Arrow was getting testy. Someone had to make a choice - and sometimes Service was cutting through the bullshit. "Should anyone wish to assist in the execution of the council's ruling or the Arrow's duties," the word is said looking very specifically at Pixel, "while I execute the Council's sentence, I will make the arrangements with all that volunteer to best suit their skills. People may make their choice known now or later. Perhaps the matter may now be put to rest."

Dark eyes look around the room, and catch Tyche's look. A small hint of a smile tugs at the corners of her mouth.

The tall man entering obviously catches attention, but there were more important matters afoot. Aurora is given a smile. "Thank you, Master Aurora." It was Still Concillum. Still Formal.

Then Star says something very interesting. A cabal? With whom? And West Sacramento? Where Campenella's mysterious ally was keeping the Seers at bay. Was Star the Ally? Or was the former Hierarch playing a peculiar game - mild-mannered Mysterium by day, vigilante Seer-fighter by night?

Questions for later.

But there was still a question for now. "Perhaps the Watchtower of the Golden Key will join me to one side for a moment. We may be able to handle our internal affairs quickly."

The Arrow turns and takes up a position by the door, out to the side of the rest of the Concillium.

Opening A sight Thread here.

19. Likes Xander, , Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
Page 10 of 18 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Last
Closed Thread