Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Sanctum In the Shadow of a Sanctum Sanctorum - Page 2
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

In the Shadow of a Sanctum Sanctorum

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

He should turn back now. It will take an hour at minimum to reopen the road and return to the material realm 3 hours is much more likely. But... if he continues forward, visits his tree, crossing will be easier. Forward is the fastest way home.

He calculates, biased and skewed by his hubris, Wisdom is a responsibility the quote plays through his mind accompanied by Star's visage. The shaman shrugs, he walks in another world.

He moves through the ghostly reflection of his house towards his back yard. Towards his tree. He is predator of the Primal Wilds after all, his queen wouldn't let fear stand in the way of progress.

Look at the Honey Badger move through the shadow in slow motion. Honey Badger looks badass.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

He moves through his house unchallenged.

He passes through the door into the garden. The wall is an image, a reflection; there are no moving parts.

Beyond the house, the garden seems larger, more solid; the vegetation has more presence than the house. Motes gently flow around the garden in thick clouds. The orange tree seems more solid still, as if it is as physically present in the Shadow Realm, as in the Fallen World.

The ambient heat seems to raise a notch.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Active Spells
    Numinous shield
    Spirit Tongue

If he had lungs that drew breathe, Anima is quite sure he'd be holding it.

He stops near the tree, his vision taking in the Life teeming all around him. His garden, so carefully tended and cared full, so loved, and that effort has been reflected here. Real evidence of actions having a real effect in the Shadow.

His attention focuses on the tree. It doesn't feel like his tree now. That would be presumptuous for something so alive.

I'm honored to finally visit you.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

There is a rustling, followed by a creaking.

The spirit he had Roused sprouts emerges from the trunk of the tree: a short, wizened, homunculus apparently made of wood. The entity stares up at the Thyrsus, coal black eyes blinking. The figure might like humanoid, but apart from the eyes the face is featureless.

Anima has no idea what the spirit is thinking.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Active Spells
    Spirit Tongue Numinous Shield

Anima smiles down at the spirit, and takes knee.

Knowing sprits do not need a mouth to speak, he is not deterred.

He continues in the Spirit Tongue.

"Many have called me Anima. I have tended to your host body for many moon cycles now. May I have your name so I might be a better caretaker?"
    Con Spells Cloaked

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

<<I am called Fragrant Peace Weaver>>

There was a rustling of wind and a puff of orange fragrance. In the aromatic bubble that momentarily enveloped Anima, a quiet whisper spoke. Around the words, at the very limit of his hearing, the Thrysus could just make out another voice - a sound of creaking branches and peculiar, gutterral, intonations.

@Mark remember to list your active spells.

7. Likes Mark liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

active spells
    Numinous Shield, Spirit Tongue

<Fragrant Peace Weaver, I will endeavor to keep your environment peaceful>

With that thought he tries to calm his own turbulent emotions.

<An abyssal spider infestation is threatening the peace of the city. Do you know of a spirit that hunts them? So that peace can resonant stronger throughout the area?>
    Con Spells Cloaked

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Coal black eyes blinked in a manner that was strangely endearing.

<<What is... abyss... spider>>

Given by the pause in the spirit's speech, it was clear that the entity was struggling with an unfamiliar term.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Active Spells
    Spirit Tongue, Numinous Shield

Alien concepts. If the spirit has heard of the creature, it likely has it's own name for it. This quite silly. This font of peace has been stationary, isolated in this place of resonant tranquility. Just because it is old, doesn't meed it's gathered much knowledge. Just discussing the concept could, well highly unlikely, but could alter the resonance. Butterfly wings...

<<Have you heard the names of other spirits in the area? Are you visited by others?>> Maybe there is a bird or something well traveled.

The Shaman maintains his mask of calm, trying to maintain a peaceful co-existence with the resonance of the hallow.
    Con Spells Cloaked

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, CandidesDream liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

<<My Choir call to me>>

Fragrant Peace Weave blinked - it appeared to be the extent of the spirit's physical expression.

<<Guardian Hedge likes to court me; many others pass through my domain but I am beneath notice. I am only a sapling. The Barons and Counts do not see me>>

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread