Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Wait, ya can use mundy shit fer making Hedgespun?" Circe stared wide eyed at Sonja, shock clear is daylight in her voice.

Then a blue hand darts out to slap flesh. Upon Circe's own forehead. The elfin Fairest groans, "Io sono un idiota," shoulders and ears both sag down, "I've been trying ta collect Hedge stuff, but too much overkill," Circe sounds like she is getting mad. And her Mantle is VERY much flaring up, "And I could'a just used mundy shit?"

Circe then proceeds to shut off her Mantle and pat Sonja on the head, "Thank you fer telling me this Sonja. And I couldn't collect the ash at the time but I'll try in the future if it comes up again."

She eyes up Sonja's tail. She is clearly forcing done her ire at herself. "Yes, that wouldn't work fer a spy suit. Need ta give ya a hole or it'd be," she inhales, "Uncomfortable. I would call it a monkey suit but that is a tux. Wait," Circe smiles, "Another word fer it is catsuit. Justifies the hole," the anger was quickly oozing away.

As for the test, "Go fer both. I tested it on a slash and it DID damage the suit," Circe looks Sonja up and down, "You are good with a knife. I'm sure ya will get it through so best ta see how much difference there is," she then gestures with her right hand to imply go ahead.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Well, yeah. It doesn't all have to be faerie crap. The idea... at least as I've done it... is to have all the ingredients fit the theme of what you want the hedgespun to do." She nodded, certain from her experiences. "I wanted my boots to make me fast, so I got stuff that spoke of speed. Some of it was mundy, like the sparrow feathers, other stuff was far, like the leather was from the hide of a really fast hedgebeast. I traded for the skins at a goblin market in Phoenix... or maybe it was Las Vegas? I forget." Sonnie shrugged.

She grinned like a goof, "You're welcome!"

"Catsuit. That works! Meow!"

"Hm, okay." She turned towards her target, judging the distance and taking careful aim. Then she let fly. Her arm whipped out and sent the first knife spinning towards the inanimate suit, which had no chance to dodge.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-29 21:35:52 Sonnie Wu rolls 10 to Dex 4 + Athletics 3 + 1 Dmg + 2 Aiming (10 Again) 3, 7, 10, 2, 2, 9, 10, 7, 3, 10, 7, 8, 4 5 successes

Wssssssss... THUK!

Dead center of the brick.

"Woohoo! Bullseye!"
    She jumped up and down excitedly!
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe lets out a rolling sigh, somewhat like blowing a raspberry without tongue, "Well I already got a revolver. Hafta find a market ta trade fer the fae stuff then. Heh, hockey pads." Circe laughs as she looks to Sonja, "And I guess it'd be a perfect fit fer a a meowler monkey."

The knife doesn't go in as far as it should. The suit doesn't stop it, it isn't that durable, but it does reduce the impact.

Armor reduces damage so it is only 4 damage to the brick

"Nice throw. Like I figured, a slice on the arm ain't as good a test as a proper knifing,"
    she nods as she looks to Sonja, "Armor ya wear ta reduce injury not stop it. Kinda why I still have a stomach instead of a hole through me."

"Ya wanna give it a go on the unprotected. Ya are carrying more then one knife right?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"I want to make a hedgespun quarterstaff sometime soon. I should really start gathering the right materials," she nodded. What would work for that?

Sonnie walked over and retrieved her spent knife, then returned to her original position as she inspected the blade, making sure it was clean and unharmed. It seemed to be fine.

"On the unprotected brick?" Sonnie seemed confused as to the point of that. "I got two of these throwing knives. I should probably buy a third one."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

As for the whacking stick, "Wait, didn't ya want one that had a firework launcher in it? Did ya still want that? I mean ya ain't gonna be able ta reload it in a fight but it'd have one heavy metal end."

"Yes," she nods, "Depending on style ya can make bracer holsters fer carrying more. Maybe 2 a sleeve, I don't know," she shrugs. "Oh, style of blades not holsters."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Um, no, I think that was Cole's idea. A staff wouldn't be very study if one end was a hollow tube," Sonnie shrugged.

"Oh, I got the sheathes already. Strapped to my forearms. I'm still practicing to get the knives to drop down into my hands with the flick of a wrist. That takes time to get right. And lots of band-aids." She nodded, wincing slightly at the memory of cut fingers.

Her eyes went back to the forge, alight with curiosity, "So, what would you want your hedgespun guns to do? Anything special?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Depends on what ya make it outta. All titanium might work fer mundy parts," Circe laughed at Sonja's concerns over a rocket staff, "And if it's Hedgespun reality is kinda out the window. Though smarter," she motions with her hand in a wave, "Would be ta have the firework thing be an attachment. Like a bayonet so ya can use it, pop it off, and happily play wack a mole with yer foe's head."

As for what her Hedgespun pistol would do? Circe tilts her head in thought with a hum. She then looks down at Sonja, "Optimally? It'd be something straight outta Borderlands. Maybe elemental bullets? I'm pretty damn sure that tracking bullets are Token level so, heh heh," blue lips twitch into a smile, "I'll try ta ha ha," Circe is holding her stomach, "Try ta be realistic when making a magic gun, oh ho ho ho ho ho!"

Because wasn't that an absurd thing to say?

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather my staff didn't run the risk of exploding when I smack a fool with it. Point blank range is not a good place to be with fireworks. I'll just keep it simple," she shrugged and nodded, idly twirling one of her throwing knives in one hand.

She perked up when Circe brought up Borderlands, "Oh, you play? Who's your favorite Vault Hunter in Three? I'm all for Amara. She punches all the things!" She throws a punch at the air with a grin, "Hmm, fire bullets? Oh, shock bullets! No, wait... acid bullets!"

Sonnie paused to ponder the possibilities, "Wait, wait... I got it... EXPLOSIVE BULLETS! MR. TORGUE APPROVES!!" Funny how she was against explosive weapons just a moment ago. Maybe it was okay for the Larcenist to have.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well," Circe nods as Sonja objects to her suggestion, "I know less then jack about how ta use it, so trust an expert in her field," she waves to Sonja with both hands. "But attachments could have other fun poking options. Like a bayonet or confetti popper. Hmm, maybe one of those pickup claws if ya need, oh. Ha ha, gadget tangent lets get back ta the violence."

Sonja gets Circe to catch her perkiness too, "Oh Moze. Because giant robots are cool. Also no Salvador anymore. Fun choice fer ya ta pick too."

"Oh ho ho ho ho, I could buy those. I would just need a 50 caliber ta use them with," she frowns, "Nah. Making seems more fun. And," she hugs Sonja, "These ideas are why yer my favorite Spring Beast, bestie Beast ever!"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Don't get me wrong, it'd be HI-larious! But also painful." She shrugged, "Also, California law lets me carry a staff around because it's considered just a walking stick. I don't want attention from the cops if I start adding attachments to it." Sonnie considered something a moment, "Plus, if I added a blade to my staff, then it'd be a spear, not a staff. Or maybe a polearm. I dunno how to use a glaive!"

"We should totally play co-op sometime!" she nodded enthusiastically.

"Awww! You're so sweet!" The Beast hung an arm over Circe's shoulders and grinned, "And you're my favorite Summer! And I don't just say that because you're the only one in town!"

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread