Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

She nods in agreement as the tea is poured. "I believe that as well." Will and preparation, not lock, won wars. Phoenyx holds the tea, savouring the aroma before drinking. It seemed that Winter observed traditional views, waiting for the host to drink. Or perhaps he was simply that paranoid. Either way, there is milk and lemon, though the Arrow has taken neither.

"I had thought the same, on both counts. Shodan and Kaze are arranging a meeting with Campenella. Shodan, for obvious reasons, was reluctant to meet with you, but informing you was the correct course." The Arrow sips some more tea. "I do not expect to find anything at the nightclub itself, but that should be our first check - ideally kept under observation for a time. Naturally I volunteer, though my patrols around the Circle will be hindered as a result."

Not quite sure how this works with Woland's current situation, but we shall see.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Hmm", he takes his time to taste the tea. There were never enough lemons in his life. "What you did was stupid and reckless. But I can't fault any of you for this particular accident. It was unexpected. Definitely though, we should check the place out"

Spells: Zeal [pot 5]

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenys purses her lips, but doesn't disagree. The 'you' was collective, and though she wanted to argue it was a calculated risk, she wasn't sure that was true. She trusted Shodan's call and it turns out he knew far less than he thought he did. And she felt she did well getting out alive - which, the Arrow knew, was a pitiful measure of success on a fact-finding mission.

Maybe the collective for a group of Obrimos mages should be a Pride.

Another delicate sip of tea is taken.

"If you contact me when you are ready, I will make myself available," Phoenyx says. "At least you are not solely responsible for the duties of the Guardians any more. It must be challenging." Obviously, she could sympathise.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I aim to be always ready", the truth remained. Three fifths of his path could have been wiped out in an instant. It reflected badly on them and on himself by proxy. He was the Obrimos Councillor, it meant he was responsible for their behavior and well-being. Perhaps he should get in the habit of divinating the future. Wiretap them, perhaps?
    "It is a honor more than a burden. And a commitment I would willingly retake in an instant. Not without second thoughts, but my decision would remain", he sips on his tea. It should be noted that he neither denied or confirmed Phoenyx's allegation. Had he been the lone Guardian in town throughout his tenure? Who knows.
    "Power must Obey Strategy", he recites the Arrow's First Phalanx, "try not to forget that, should a Libertine try to goad you into another blind date", he adds gravely, "I shall see if I can arrange a formal investigation of the place. The least we could do is examine and scrub away any residual Resonance. How are your dispelling capabilities?"

Spells: Zeal [pot 5]

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx actually smiles. "As do I. And I did not mean to imply it was a chore; challenge is an opportunity. Only by facing them do we test ourselves and grow as individuals."

Power must obey Strategy. "You learned Arrow precepts?" She asks. "Because I know them very well, Councillor. I was not goaded. My assistance was requested, and I created a strategy based on all the information I possessed at the time. Because there is a different precept - Service is Mastery. Sometimes we must face the unknown to help others and have the strength to overcome the situation as it unfolds - to hoard one's strength is to enlighten no-one."

The Arrow pauses, before responding. "I have reached the level of Apprentice of Prime. I had to delay further study until recently."

6. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Speaking with an Arrow was viscerally painful. They spew their bullshit and platitudes with a serious face and expected you to lap it up. What's worse, they were so far down the rabbit hole, that they actually believed them. The younger members were worse... so much worse than the more experienced ones.
    Exhibit number N of a long list he forgot how copious: the girl in front of him.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity, or so they say. And he had to guess just which kind of preparation and which opportunities had gone into their little abyssal escapade.
    Protip: None, on both accounts.

"Which kind of strategy if I may ask?", he asks in a flat tone.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx watches, and sips her tea. "My assistance was requested - assistance I have offered to the Cocillium multiple times and my deeds should reflect my words. By the time I found out we were to meet a contact, we were already at the site. So, the plan was for Kaze and Shodan to stay together, and I would observe and provide support as necessary. It was far from ideal but the best I could provide on the spot, adapting to the situation. Beyond that, it was, as you have already said, unexpected." She sets the cup down.

There wasn't any more to the Arrow's tone than Winter's. Some people were just themselves. Surely if Winter had bothered learning the Adamant Way he should understand her actions.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He empties the content of his mug, then he takes another look at the Arrow. "This isn't a strategy, much less a plan. But how do you wish to proceed with this investigation?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

An eyebrow arches slightly. Was he deliberately trying to trick her? "Councillor, you asked me what strategy I employed having been given barely any information. That it was not a complete dossier with contact profiles and building plans is subject to the fact that I had approximately thirty seconds to understand the scenario and devise a plan. If you could have done better, constrained by such limits, I would gladly learn from your wisdom." The tone remains as neutral as his own.

The Arrow takes her cup, and sips the last of her tea. "You may have left them there to suffer the consequences of their poor planning. If that is the way of the Guardians of the Veil, so be it. But it is not the way I chose to live, embracing the Adamant way. Protecting the Orders, even from their own poor planning. I am afraid your quoting Precepts of our philosophy and pointing out the flaws of this event is not insightful for me - I have done this already, that I might learn from it. The Arrow does not create mindless soldiers. I have considered everything I did from the perspective I had and the knowledge, if it can be called as such, provided at that time, and my actions would be the same." It's the same, simple matter-of-fact tone she has used before. Perhaps Winter did not think she could do such things. Perhaps he wanted to show her how wrong he thought she was. Either way, now she had made it clear.

Phoenyx sets the cup down again. "Perhaps we might draw a line under this and I can address your question." She folds her hands in her lap. "I propose we observe the location. If we can detect evidence of potent magics, we can prepare to investigate further and infiltrate the nightclub. If there is no sign, then we lack leads - only a name with no face or connection. Unfortunate, but I suppose it happens in investigations. This in not my area of expertise - circling us back to the original purpose of this meeting."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"How old are you Phoenyx? Twenty something?", he asks. His tone has shifted, Guardians respect words. That's why he can't stand their misuse. "Take my words not as a personal insult, but as fatherly advice from somebody who had been doing this kind of stuff for half a decade by the time you were born. Alright?", he gives her a short pause.
    "Strategy is the science of creating and deploying power to expedite the end of a conflict. It's where battles are won, before the first piece even sees the board. You claim independent thought, but a general leads the troops, doesn't follow them blindly", he frowns, "So stop insulting my intelligence by coming up with excuses. A soldier doesn't need them. Rather, the smartest choice would have been to stop them. If you'd repeat the same action even now that you know the consequences, then it means you've learned nothing", and with that, he springs from his seat.
    "I'll have to consult the Augurs. Then, we can plan accordingly"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread