Watch

Rooftop (Not Quite) Routine

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze chuckles at Briar Rose's 'advice'. "Actually I think I did make an offer like that, a few times." He says, smiling in appreciation of her discomfort and attempt at lighthearted tension shedding.

Rose was tapping out of the heart to heart stuff. No problem. He didn't really want to talk about it anyway, even though it seemed like he couldn't talk about anything else without it being connected somehow.

Tyche on the other hand seemed like she was really committed to the fixer thing, which made sense given her job. Fair enough. Wisdom in a multitude of counselors and all. Kaze determined to try to listen, really listen to whatever Tyche decided to share with him.

She definitely seemed a lot more comfortable talking about other peoples' problems than her own. He wondered about her relationship background. Probably with everything she would see and do as a Guardian--like a cop or worse--she would see the worst of relationships and want no part of them, maybe even see them as dangerous and stupid risks.

Kaze focuses, nods, listens to Tyche, taking it all in, the words, the tone, the body language and expressions.

When she's done, he is quiet, thinking over what she's shared for a minute before he nods and says, "Thanks. That's a lot to think about."

He smiles at Tyche, "I'm not going to hate you for giving me advice, ever." He says.

"I'm probably not ever going to stop believing in miracles and hoping for things that are a long-shot; that's just who I am." He adds, thoughtfully.

"But I am working at being more responsible about it, not dragging innocent bystanders into my dreams, not bringing them along for the ride when they don't know what they're getting into, and not exposing people to unnecessary risks by sharing too freely. I'm okay with being patient, and not dating at all, ever, if that's what it takes while I am committed to waiting for a long-shot that might not happen."

Kaze is thoughtful for a minute. "We do meet and talk sometimes." He says.

"Honestly though, please don't just take what I say like it's what totally happened. I mean, she's definitely got her own take on things, and probably really does need to talk, just not to me for a while. See, we already are friends. We never stopped being friends, and we both know that. It's just painful right now to be around each other. I think we both miss being able to talk about our feelings with each other though, and we both need to build up some support network outside of just each other."

Kaze looks at the other two. "So, hey. Is it too late to talk about other stuff? Or did I kill the mood beyond resurrection?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

"Ever, I hear's a long time." Briar Rose quips, after listening to Tyche and her words. Advice and not. It's good advice though. Better then she'd come up with. Or well, more apt, what she wanted to come up with. Though there's a cynicism that she knew, and understood. She wanted to know what had happened and why, but again, to know that without being able to rip and tear into memory and thought meant that she'd have to ask, and possibly show more of her underbelly to someone she couldn't trust.

"The mood was put on a sacrificial alter, and left for uncaring gods buddy." she says in a deadpan, "But bringing it back around. It's not because of police or public databases of my alleles that has me not wanting to do it. I spit in a tube, and then send it off. Who's getting my spit? Where is it going and is it actually going where I wanted it to go? We're all Known to each other ya? Giving someone my spit is like me sticking my tongue down their throats....is just begging for that Intimate connection. Which. No. Just. No."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles gratefully for Briar Rose's grace in letting the subject change, bridging the awkwardness. In return he doesn't comment at all on the subject of intimate connections.

"Right. So, what brought you guys to Sacramento? I was transferred when my department head said I was needed here. I guess that probably didn't work out the way she thought, but honestly I am not so sure. She seemed to always be a couple moves ahead of me, so maybe she had a good idea what would happen and was okay with it. I like to think that anyway, I sure haven't asked her, and don't plan to." He says.

"Anyway, I feel like this is where I am going to make my home from now on; I moved around a lot, and I kind of feel like it's time in my life to make a stand and just deal with whatever I have to, to put down roots and stay here."
    He says in a tone of commitment.

Hope it's okay I slipped in another post, Stray; I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to keep the transition going!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche just blinks.

"She doesn't even know us," she says, "Well, I can't speak for Rose, but I don't know jack shit about Pheonyx. We aren't exactly painting each others nails and talking about boys after a third bottle of wine, y'know? And from where I'm sitting? You are probably the closest friend she has if what you said holds any weight. Point? What I tell her and talk to her about will be in one ear and out the other. If you think you're getting out of it, you're already a goner. Don't be that guy, yeah?"

TL;DR? You ain't helping shit by not doing shit, but Tyche was pretty sure Kaze got the idea.

"Sure, we can drop it," she said with a shrug, "Stressful topic anyway."

And its no skin off my back if you burn yourself.

A smirk is leveled at Briar as she returns to her tirade about spit. She was odd one, but Tyche kinda liked that. They'd get along just fine.

"Moved for work too," she said, "My last, uh, supervisor? He was, like, my mentor. Grew up here, but he joined the company after moving to San Diego. Still, he heard things were short-handed and, I dunno, felt like he was wasting my talent or whatever at the last post? Told me to swing by, check in at the local office, and set up shop."

There was more to it, but that was about the gist. The Visus Draconis had their agenda on lock in Austin - and the others knew just enough skeletons in the right closets to keep people honest. They could spare Tyche and so it was done. Plain and simple.

7. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Ya, don't know-know either. Met at the Church, bumped into her here. So, yeah." she'd learned a lot about the Arrow, but not from the Arrow. Maybe Briar Rose could get the taciturn Arrow to imbibe in some adult potato and/or grape juice, and Rose could learn more of the women, from the women.

A sigh.

She take up her vodka again, "My sister said she was heading this way. Wanted to make a home here. So I took a chance, uprooted and came." Sad, lonely little Apostate. More of the spirit. "She's fucked off, and I'm here." reaching up, she cheers the air.

9. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods at Tyche's final word on the relationship advice before allowing the subject to change.

"Oh wow, San Diego, did you come from there Penny? I love that city. I grew up in L.A., but it was always fun to go down to San Diego and hang out at the beach." He says with a smile. "The surf was better, and the surfers were a lot nicer." He reminisces. "I still get down to L.A. sometimes, but I haven't made the extra trip to Ocean Beach. I really should."

"Bummer." Kaze says sympathetically when Rose mentions her sister drawing her to Sacramento and then apparently bailing on her. He can relate to family members disappointing in that way.

"So...do you think you will stay here anyway Rose?" He asks. "I hope so." Kaze says. "I have a pick up truck, if you need help moving anything." He offers.

"I mean, I get it; my reason for coming here doesn't seem like it matters anymore, but...I figure, if I ever want to feel like any place is home, I have to just bite the bullet and commit to a place and make it happen. Might as well be here, right?"

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche shakes her head.

"Nah, I came from Austin. Mentor just joined the company in San Diego. Then he moved to Austin and joined our department later on. Then he found me and blah, blah, blah,"
    Tyche said, "I'm from Minnesota originally."

Then a faint look of concern to Briar Rose as she takes up the bottle and laments her loss again.

Nothing you can say to salve that wound. She's a big girl. Let her handle it unless she shows she can't.

"I live in a studio right now, but I got a futon if you need a place to crash?"
    she offered.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Eh," she waves her hand. "I'm good. I always find a way through shit." a moment, "Thanks though." she says looking at Kaze and Tyche both."Mean it. Thanks."

Shrugging, "I'll see if Sacramento gets all fungus-y with me and if it doesn't grow on me, then I'll bounce. Head north, or go back east." She sighs, "It might not be great to hear, but it is what it is. I'll either figure something out, or I wont. Whaaat-ever." she says, with a flair. The vodka, finding a home once more, and she takes another drink.

"Fuck. Mayyyybeee. I'll do that Japan trip and be likes mwahahah." she snorts. Sliding her book back in her bag.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze looks interested as Tyche tells a little of where she's lived. "Oh wow, Austin. I was there once, for someones wedding. I was pretty young. I just remember it was great, and there was a lot of live music and the weather was great, and someone saying that in April or the spring or something, it's basically just like southern California there." He muses enthusiastically. "I have never been to Minnesota though. Do you miss it?" He asks.

Kaze nods as Tyche offers her futon for Briar Rose to crash on. He looks at Briar Rose seriously when she says thanks to both of them for offering help, and says, "Really. Please just say the word if you need anything." He jots down a number and offers it, "Seriously, I don't mean to be weird or anything, but call me or text me if I can help with anything, even like where's a good gym or something."

When Briar Rose seems to sort of hedge her bets on making a committment to staying in the city, Kaze smiles. "Okay, I get it. Just, if it works out that you can, if you do take off, call and say good bye or something okay? I know people have to go all the time, but I never know if they're okay or not, and it bugs me." He smiles ruefully.

16. Likes liked this post

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche smirks.

"Yeah, Austin ain't bad,"
    she said, "Didn't get much of a chance to see everything it offered, but, eh. It was cool."

Then a pause and a nod.

"Sure, I miss parts of Minnesota I guess,"
    she offered.

She had some fond memories, even if a few were buried under ones she'd prefer to forget.

Tyche wasn't going to push Rose to stay with her. The offer was there and the ball was in the Shaman's court. If she wanted it to bounce out of bounds, that was her choice.

Then a smile when Kaze offers to share about gyms and, presumably, other hotspots.

"Yeah, I can't tell ya any of that,"
    she said to the Thrysus, "Got booze though? Just about as good right?"

18. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread