Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2003) Spring Equinox

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Flowering inclines his head to Bugul. The man new respect, and etiquette. Rare enough on their own. If they needed each other, the call could now be made.

Circe's entrence is stereotypically.... Circe. Rhodes smiles. "Yes..." he says, looking back to the winged creature with flowing golden hair, skin like gold scales. It was peculiar. She and Sera could almost be siblings. "Ah.... Yamiyo, I think she said. Charming young lady. Delightful."

Eyes continues to flick between the newcomer and the Vernal Queen, the Kiths of the Fairest running through his mind. He was sure she didn't look that way before..... Ah. A Romancer. Of course. That was a relief. It would have bugged him otherwise. At least he could put his guards in the right places, mentally speaking.

He looks across. "Lady Titania, where have you been hiding yourself? You look delightful, my dear," The Dread Lord complements. "Keeping busy, I assume?"

Lastly, he looks back to Anatole. "Thank you, my dear fellow. As with Bugul here, our pact is at an end - one I hope as reassuring for yourself as I. Though I would like to take the time to discuss some courtly matters, if you have chance? Not here, of course, not the time, but when you are available." The Autumn King's mantle flared gently, sending leaves whispers and chills around all nearby. The clash with Circe's heat made their usual wisps of mist.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Origins liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

Everyone was now at the bar and he could feel is skin start to crawl, to many people in to close a proximity for him. He brought his joint up to his lips and inhaled sharply as he then also swallowed the drink holding it in as he swallowed before turning his head away and exhaled away from the crowd and down as to disturb as few people as possible.

“Excellent taste Dread Lord.”

He smiled and raised his glass before taking a sip, giving a low bow of his head to Circe acknowledging her arrival before looking to Anatole as he responded.

“I wish, I’ve been making the rounds, trying to establish a pattern and get into a semblance of a routine before I can do any settling down.”

He took a deep breath, taking another hit as he sighed, each second making him more and more uncomfortable. Moving back to his default of listening and watching but taking two steps away just to put some distance between himself and everyone else, give himself some breathing room.

Goes by the name: John

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

And so it was that Summer came to see the Lost of Sacramento.

Circe was delightful, in her way, but far from formal. Thus, unlike the bow of the head John had given her, Bugul instead offered her a smile and lifted his glass at her arrival. Taking a drink, he'd look back to his compatriots.

"Could've sworn there was someone else behind the bar a minute ago,"
    he said, chuckling as Anatole resigned himself to his fate. After all, they were technically the guests of the Springs, no? "And understandable. Lately it's just been me and my plants, but business has been good enough."

Then as the conversation turned onward, Bugul was content to simply sit and listen. He was enjoying the company, but had little to say.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe held up her hand in a stop motion to Anatole, "Thanks but not today bro. I really need coffee fer this. No sleep 'til something or other. Thanks but I'll need caffeine. Suits fer life bro," she gives him a thumbs up.

She nods and yawns along with Rhodes answer to her question, "Coooool. Oh hey T! Long time no see!" acknowledging Titania and checking her out. "Stylish tonight aren't ya?" Then looks at Sonnie. Then Seraphina. Then back to Titania, "Okay. Spring is blossoming ain't ya Sonny! Work it girl! Great ta see Sera ain't the only one ta be good with Flowering," a horrible pun and a pervy smile sent Rhodes way.

"Hey James,"
    a returned nod before turning to the other dude, "Cheers Bugul!" who gets a thumbs up. Circe is yawning again then shifting her bag. That made a jingling sound. "Dude, wait, king Rhodes? I got the thing. No crafty masterwork but still a thing. Oh, and did I miss anything interesting? Aside from the new girl?"

Yeah sure she was a pretty little thing but Circe was too. But cute was better.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Teeth flashed in the Dwarf's beard.

"Of course, Dread Lord. Be happy to."

He stopped when Circe motioned she was not interested in the drink. He paused then abruptly turned the gesture into pouring himself another drink.

After that, he too lapsed into silence as he drew his drink to him but did not imbibe. His eyes were drawn once more to the delight form of the newcomer and he found he had to keep shaking himself as her appearance kept subtly shading into something else - memories he had long forgotten; feelings from another place, another time, another person.

Grimacing slightly, he turned away and raised his drink to his lips yet again.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"I'm mostly keeping to myself", is her curt reply to the Dread Lord.
    Then she feels a warm gaze linger on places that are better left unexplored, least she turn into a dishonest woman. "A-aww, yes Ci... Queen Circe", she blurts out, her face reddening. "I'm afraid my studies have kept me away from the joys of your friendship", and it probably sounds naughtier than she would have wanted.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

She grinned and waved as Circe arrived, "Aloha! Welcome to our little luau!" The monkey ran over and placed a lei around the head of the Queen of the Iron Spears, the flowers were in all the Summer Court colors! "And thank you!" She brushed proudly at her goblin-grass skirt, "If only everybody was in the holiday spirit, you know?" An almost imperceptible glance was pointed towards Titania.

Was this Spring Court or Shade Court? Flowers weren't the only thing being thrown around. Ayoooooo!

"In the season of Desire, we ask you all to indulge! Eat! Drink! Dance! Love! It's all good here!" This didn't seem to be directed at anyone in particular, but rather the entire room.

"How about a limbo contest? Who's game?"
    Last edited by Sonnie Wu; Mar 28th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.  Reason for Edit: grammar error
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

The definition of non-binary beauty. Angel has long blond hair and a lithe body. Perfect sculpted face and creamy smooth skin. Not a blemish or untended pore. 6 feet tall with perfect legs, and hands that have never seen hard labor. Their mouth is delicate, when resting, poised somewhere between a smile and a frown on the verge of pursing.
    Mein

Much like Venus, Angel is a vision of perfect beauty but sculpted out of ice instead of stone. A single frozen tear on their right cheek. A chilling statue, seeming un-alive when not moving.
    Mantle

The stark, cold air that surrounds their form is easy to miss, until they breath. The thick clouds of crystallized condensation forming with each breathe belie her nature.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

An angelic icicle walks in wearing leather boots. The hint of a smile play on almost pursed lips and they survey. All these gorgeous creatures signal they've found the right place.

"Aloha! Did I hear there would be a limbo contest?"
    they ask with playful innocence making their presence known. "Happy to meet you all. I'm Angel!"
    Spider Bazaar

10. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Limbo contest, I think that puts Anatole at a distinct advantage."

He chuckled looking over to the dwarf and offering a salute with his glass before bringing it to his lips. But he'd left it at that until another picture of perfection joined them. There were so many beauties around he didn't know what to do or how to feel at all, all he could do was observe and report.

He took in a drag from his joint as he watched her, two new faces in one night, it was hard to tell if this was a good sign or a bad one. He'd wait for her to join the bar before addressing her directly but he could at least give a nod of the head and another raised glass.

Goes by the name: John

12. Likes Vincent liked this post

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul kept his eyes focused on his environs. Nursing his beverage to stay engaged, but alert, as was the nature of this vine-laden Beast.

He was content to say nothing, for nothing had been said to him that demanded much response. Nonetheless, a nod is granted to Circe as she reciprocates his greeting.

There is one who is able to draw a sound from the Goatman. Titania's statement regarding Circe's friendship earns a laugh. It is a quiet sound of surprise and amusment, but it is there.

However, as quickly as it comes, the laughter fades and Bugul's gaze affixes itself on some distant piece of the bar. He looks strangely attentive and nods gently as if in response to some distant voice, but says nothing. He is deeply engaged enough to the point that Sonnie's words fall flat upon his ears. She is a sweet girl, but her antics are often unimportant to her fellow Beasts, wrapped as tightly as they are within her Court's titular wants and uninhibited abandon. Bugul cared little for games.

Regardless, it seems that not even his silent musings with the Thousand can fully break Bugul from his alertness.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-28 23:52:16 Bugul rolls 4 to Perceptions (Wits + Comp - 1 Clarity) (10 Again) 8, 8, 5, 4 2 successes

When a new, unknown voice chimes from behind him, Bugul is pulled from his reverie. In reaction, the Beast's turns his head in a sudden, almost violent, jerk, to eye the source. The woody vines of his mane creak loudly with the motion, ensuring the motion lacks even a semblance of subtlety. Clearly, the Goatman has been taken by surprise by this new figure... and he didn't like it.

As is befitting of his reputation, the Goatman eyes the new figure with the wary suspicion that has defined his reaction to strange new Lost since his arrival to Sacramento. John, the sole recognized Winter of the freehold, knew this look well, for he had faced similar attentions.

A low grumble, nearly akin to a growl, leaves Bugul's throat... but he is quick to cease. Suspicious as he is, this Beast is still intelligent and knows that this Hollow is not his.

Let the Springs deal with this one.

And so it was that Bugul returned his attention to his cup, his mane still lightly pricked in some places as he eyes the remaining spirit in his glass.

14. Likes Abyssalstar, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread