Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Loyalty Is,) Diner Destination

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John was letting Sonnie take charge here, this was her OP as it were he was here to provide backup, he could help her get this guy out of his shell maybe but it was delicate, he was frazzled, on edge and it had to be done delicately.

“We just want to talk. It’s been a hard day, we get that. We're here to listen if you want.”

John offered a soft smile, his low energy and sympathetic personality contrasting but hopefully complimenting Sonnie’s approach. There wasn’t a lot they could get into right in the middle of the diner but they could talk in generalities or gain enough of his trust they could speak in private.

He didn’t know what was going on other than this new Lost seemed absolutely heart broken and John couldn’t help but empathize. The only time he’d ever really felt connected to anyone else…

Yea let’s not go there.

Goes by the name: John

0 Scenes

The waitress huffs, "If she does, then why the hell is this the firs - no, no. Sorry, dear. Neither of you came for that, now, anyone need more coffee?" bringing her coffee pot up, with a forced smile on her face.

Also, I'm gonna say that 2 of Titania'a bashing have healed.

Sonnie sees what James had, the Elemental is depressed. Heart aching. Though now, that he's interacting with her and the Winter, there is some life in his posture. "Too bad, we coulda made for some sweet Lannister laughs, eh Mai Ling?" his eyes shutter. Opening, "Bobb - Robert. Just call my Robert." he breathes. "Nah, I ain't one for Funderland." he announces, eyeing his fellow Spring, and the Winter. "So you two can just, " he waves them away, eyes falling back to his cold coffee.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Leaning back in her chair, Sonja smiled kindly at the Elemental. The man was in pain, and that made him a touch sympathetic, though she was still going to be careful of him. She was glad John had decided to join her. "Ah, yeah. Not quite the kind of family union I prefer. Jaime really should have stayed with Brienne, but that whole last season was a hot mess."

Her head tilted to one side, expression curious. The reference to Funderland was notable. He knew of the freehold but avoided it, eh? Interesting. "Well, Roberto, we're not exactly recruiting. More just keeping an eye out for... whatever. A lot of things, I guess. Safety first, right?"

There was a slight shrug of her shoulders, "Like, for instance, we're looking for a friend of ours. Okay, friend might be a strong word. He was kind of a dick. But he was a member of the club, you know? He seems to have wandered off recently. Not unheard of, but we'd like to check in on him." The Claviger continued studying the Fireheart's reactions as she spoke.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-24 11:02:22 Sonnie Wu rolls 4 to Read Robert? Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 9, 9, 8, 5 3 successes

"His name's Abraham. Good looking dude, flowers in his hair. Likes to tell stories and carry a sword around, if you can believe that. We last knew him to be going to a motel near here. The one that burned down. Don't suppose you've seen him about recently?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

4. Likes liked this post

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul didn't react much to the waitress.

"Just water,"
    he replied, "Thank you."

The Goatman would remain where he was. There was no reason to draw the diner's eyes as John and Sonnie may have done.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John was mostly quiet as they conversed, eyes soft but he was reading the Elemental, this was familiar territory though it was normally another Winter doing the interrogation as he watched from the shadows. He was there to keep everything above board, that was his duty, his curse.

"A bit rushed, sure, but the show had problems from the jump. Not enough nuance."

He had to keep from cringing when Sonnie dove right into it, though to be fair it was far subtler than he was expecting. He watched the Elemental as she spoke, read his body language, looked for the micro expressions trying to read fear, anger, hate. Our base emotions had ways of betraying us.

There was a lot of information dumped here but the picture was incomplete, John had to make a lot of inferences and do a lot of guesswork from what amounted to nothing but hearsay. He wasn't a member of the Freehold, that much was clear and he seemed to hold no love for the Freehold.

Considering his welcome he couldn't really blame the guy and he couldn't really blame the freehold. Then Sonnie got really, really specific about this guy...Abraham, flowers in his hair...Fairest. Spring Court judging by the Mantle of this kid and Sonnie's interest.

My first thought and concern had been Robert was a Loyalist selling out our people but that wasn't guilt I had read on him it was sorrow...it was loss. Did he kill his friend? Was there an accident? Were they being hunted and there was an accident?

Oh crap, I hadn't been reading him I'd gotten lost in my thoughts. Shit. Pay Attention John, Theorize later. Oh shit. It's my turn to talk.

He looked between Sonnie and Robert and offered him a sympathetic frown.

"Do you want to tell us what happened? We're here to listen and to help if you need it."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-24 20:06:06 Reading Robert rolls 8 to Wits + empathy + Adroitness (10 Again) 2, 4, 3, 6, 5, 7, 7, 2 failure

7. Likes liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

That's the problem with her socially challenged Australopithecus friend companion, she's entirely lacking social savvy. She doesn't even bother to turn around to look at what's happening, because they're loud enough to let her know what's happening.
    "Tea... with milk. Thank you", rudeness had to be contagious, because even the server had been spoiled.
    "Well", she flips her nacre pocket mirror open, her attention pouring over the quickly disappearing traces of the fall. "What do you think, my friend? Should we..."
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

9. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post

0 Scenes

The waitress nods, taking a half step away, then a full one. Her gaze doesn't seem to leave the Robert, Sonnie and James. Even as the man the Elemental's lips pull from his teeth.

"A fucking sword." He pulls his coal eyed gaze up to Sonnie's golden one. "Yeah I met a someone with a sword. Broke into my motel room waving that thing around. We invited him into our bed." he says a shadow of a roguish grin, the pitterpatterhiss of the rain falling then steaming up increases, "He wanted to use the blade." the elemental's face more like an inferno. Devastated grief and an echo of remembered rage. "He killed my wife." he says, bitter and dangerous, "My Heartsworn wife." he tells them.

Meeting both Sonnie's eyes and James', small triumph in his grin.

"So I killed him back."

11. Likes Shane, Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

It wasn't exactly rage she felt. There was anger, to be sure. Indignation, probably. Confusion and fear, also. Whatever the mixture of emotions swirling in her heart at the moment, Sonja's expression faded from idle friendliness to... something less than that. The smile was gone. Her shoulders hunched. The hair on her tail raised up.

Abe took one of them with him. Good.

The thought had no real time to register. It passed through her brain quickly before being sucked into the vortex.

Her breath started to quicken, and her hands under the table curled into fists.

Kill him.

Not here. Not yet.

KILL.

The urge was annoying. She didn't even like Abraham that much. Some simian instinct was pushing, though, to destroy the threat to her 'troop.' Gritting her teeth, her eyes dashed to Titania. Stop me before I do something stupid, said the look.

The golden irises were back on Robert in an instant.

"Why?" she growled, not even certain of the purpose of her question. An attempt to keep the angry gorilla in check, maybe. Distract herself from the desire to slam the Fireheart's smug face through the window. "Why were you there?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

13. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

“Listen we all know that’s why Robert Baratheon hated Aegon Targaryen, he blamed him for stealing Lyanna Stark and sent Ned and company to rescue her making them unwitting assassins. Nice quote though…”

He nearly elbowed Sonnie, Sonnie was looking at Titania for help and he flashed her a glare letting her know this wasn’t the time or place. They were in the middle of a diner and she’d pushed the conversation over the line. Well over the line especially since no one else was running interference with the waitress.

He sighed and brought his fingers up to pinch the bridge of his nose. This was a mess and he couldn’t do a lot without help or more information. Sonnie was upset that this guy got revenge? Why? Was the other guy not the loyalist? Was this…

He needed more information and he had a way to get the absolute truth out of him but not in the middle of a diner.

“I don’t blame the Bratheons for going to war for the woman he loved, it only makes sense. Revenge is an easy motive to understand, especially when he didn’t have all the information. I can tell you’re an avid reader and watcher, I’d like to talk to you more about the tragedy of Robert Baratheon if you’d like.”

Fuck. There's no good solution here. We need the information but I can't be the last one seen with him either. God damnit Sonnie what did you drag me into.

15. Likes liked this post

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul offers Titania a slight smile as he is called 'friend'.

"It's time to go," he said quietly, "Go ahead, I will take care of the bill. I'll get it to go."

Things were getting out of hand and the last thing they needed was the mundies hearing their business.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread