Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2003) Fate Leads to Sacramento

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Taken away from the wider conversation she snorts at the firebird's opinion on her sister. "Strong opinions. Yeah. Not even 'a way to put it' she knows herself and commits." expect for when she doesn't and didn't.

A lip quirks as she returns her attention towards Pixel as he keeps going about art and Truth. Woven, Supernal and Fallen. It was, interesting to hear a conversation of the arts without the focus being on her.

Should she? There was an opening laying right there, "I almost chose Chiaroscuro myself." and part of her still wanted to.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

2. Likes Xander liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Star nimbly escapes, as slippery as a fish in water. Perhaps he would have liked the Libertine's question.
    He certainly does. It was a tricky question, what's the relationship between the Truth and the Lie? There's a sliver of Truth in every Lie, especially the good ones, the ones most often told for a good purpose. But a Lie is a Lie nevertheless.
    "I can't claim expertise on the matter, but I believe they functionally could. Per absurd, if it didn't, then there would be no point to mantain the Lie. Why would the enemies of the Pentacle maintain the tools oppression on this side if they couldn't serve a metaphysical purpose? They'd just discard everything completely", he shrugs, "Now, is Science a worthy endeavour? A wise endeavour? I'm pragmatic, at the end of the day it's a matter of practicalities. If somebody finds inspiration to pursue the Truth - even from mundane things - so be it. A praxis is what you make of it"

4. Likes Xander liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella let himself recede into the background.

He was still following the conversations, of course; the way his eyes switched up to track Star as he left hinted at that.

The Moros' gaze was quickly captured by the continuing conversation between Pixel and Winter
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche liked this.

She had expected to be the focus of the Consilium's scrutiny for the good part of the evening, hence the get-up, but the assembled mages seemed more content to catch up with one another.

So it was that Tyche contentedly slipped into the background, leaning against a wall and briefly eyeing the door as she considered when an appropriate time would arise for her to depart.

7. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze pokes his head in just as things seem to be winding up. "Oh hey. Was there a meeting? Sorry I'm late." He says apologetically.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Pheonyx nodded. The Apostate seemed interesting, and they actually shared some hobbies. Maybe she could make more friends. Stranger things had happened.

She gives Kaze as small wave, and a smile. She had to try and make the effort. He still meant a lot to her.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hmmmm...

Now that got Pixel thinking. The tools of oppression? Pixel knew a few of the physical ones at least. Whips and leather and scimitars. More then a few Mastigos chose those symbols as their literal tools. Subverted meanings from objects that empower the oppressed against the oppressors.

"Y'know," He was smiling at the Theurgist, as if he had thought of something. "I often wonder how to turn those tools against the Seers. Like how I could dedicate a whip as a tool and crack it at them? But beyond the literal tools. A total subversion in practice and meaning that undermines their task as directly as the symbology of oppression itself. I feel like it's part of being a Free Councilor. Like, we don't have to murderate every Seer, just break their tools so they can't use them anymore."

To Briar Rose he shoots a similar smile.

"That's cool. I always thought that kind of contrast would appeal more to a Theurgist or a Necromancer though. May I ask why you didn't go with it?"

Shodan gets a phone call and leaves.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Thin is the line between a benevolent dictator and a Tyrant. Beware, that you might end up being subverted and broken by those very tools you aim to shatter",
    Sins for a just end grant wisdom to the Awakened. It should be the Guardians' Sins that perfect the Pentacle's humanity, and not the other way around. This is why they often adopt the Seer's own methods. Or it was the other way around?
    Nevertheless, the spirit behind Pixel's words is appreciated. "You want to make the world a better place? Lead an exemplary life."

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

She waves, briefly at the latecomer, focus more on the words between Pixel and Winter. Her thoughts on her own murals and other pieces, how she looked, saw, and created. She did it for her own soul, yes. But she put the Truth out there for others too.

"Kinda sounds like Briar Rose would sound better with an Enchanter." she says, lips pulling up. "Before my Awakening, I was, you, I guess, school wise. But things...the thought of that extreme contrast was something I was living, and I'd been experimenting...but then." her eye glitter, "I Woke up." a grin, bright, vibrantly so. "Things changed, and now here I am." she shrugs, her grin, going lopsided, but not dimming.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

15. Likes Ruach, Xander, Vincent liked this post
Page 8 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread