Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2003) Fate Leads to Sacramento

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pixel silently laughs at Star's whisper, offering a thumbs up for whenever they were ready to ride.

"All the books I'm reading."

His smile turned into a smirk as he returns his attention to Winter. It was always kind of funny how dissimilar people could have a similar pass time. Older guardian wary of the unworthy and wide eyed Libertine college student. Both united under the pentacle, and both frequently reading in their spare time.

"I know some people like to skim and go party but I kind of want to make sure I'm learning. Like I could magic the info into my brain, but that just fades over time so why bother?"

He shrugs.

"Any particular topics interest you? I got a solid chemistry one oh one textbook if you need help falling asleep." His eyes go wide as his hands raise slightly in alarm. "Not that the sciences aren't interesting. Just y'know, not the explosions and stuff you see on youtube. Yet. Maybe."

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Rocking on her heals, she listens. Learning new spinets about the Wise of Sacramento, but one thing stands out, over the din of her conversation with the firebird and the galaxyboy.

"Are you seriously saying Madison Cross knows how to make beer, and kept the stuff to do it, in your Sanctum?" that was. "Cool." Had someone mentioned that before? Did it sound familiar? Was it something on a fansite that she totally didn't read?
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Chemistry is great.

Someone get that guy a Season 1 disc of Breaking Bad. Not that he'd advocate cooking meth? Just that it's like cooking. Except. Better. It's a peek into the source code of the Fallen world. A bit of chemistry here, physics there? Then you're really cooking with Crisco when it's time to Neo up the Matrix.

"Whenever, sure,"
    he agreed amiably. No rush. It was as much to make conversation as anything else -- to escape the baleful green-eyed glare he'd get if he were asked who he spoke to and he had to admit he'd held up a wall (again). He up-nodded... and froze... before finally turning it into an obviously awkward roll of his his neck. "I'm, like, usually around."

The angel had almost used that long chin to point towards the Guardian's wing before aborting. Now he's just stretching. It's cardio day. Gotta limber up, right? Weak, yo. So weak.

"I saw her get in a little box once."
    Quick! Everyone. Back to the hottie. "And juggle fire."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche would grant Campanella a nod. It was clear there was some pain there and the frown told the Acanthus it was best not to delve into the matter. She could learn more about the past for Sacramento from her compatriots. There was no reason to bother the old Moros.

For now.

Tyche would smile at Briar Rose's reaction.

"To be fair, that does sound pretty cool,"
    she said, echoing the Apostate's thoughts to Campanella, "I'll have to touch base."

A glance is offered to Star as he makes to leave. He seemed like a character, but something told the Acanthus they'd run into each other again. He seemed pretty socialable.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods to Briar Rose. "There is meaning in everything. That is a part of our power. We can create our own meanings, and reshape the universe."

Some, like her own name, were simply more direct interpretations of meaning.

But then she says something that piques her interest. "You came for Morgan? Do you know each other?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

"Mad-Aurora love that fire, saw her do some cool stuff with it, and like hula hoops."

A laugh. Eyes bright, smile wide as she looks more at Phoenyx. "True enough." then she's nodding, "Yeah, my sister." she says, it's not like they had tried hard to make it look like didn't know each other.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Mathematics... Physics, mostly", he answers, "Chemistry is good, never been my forte, but I can understand the appeal".
    "Have you declared a major already?", mentally he awards the kid a few brownie points, because he knows people - and he's not going to give any name - that wouldn't hesitate a second to employ the Gift for the trivialities of life.
    He shrugs, "Science is a little less subjective. Not that I believe it holds the anwers, but I appreciate the uses of a good tool"

10. Likes Xander liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

For a few moments eyes flicker over to Campanella.

He remembers that war. Remembers finding out he got Time Traveler's Wife'd. Holy Temporal Twists, Intervallutrix. But in the end it hadn't mattered. Wherever you go, there you are. You're exactly where every step that came before led you.

There is no other place.

Okay, he may like chemistry, but sitting around talking about school? Uh. No. That ranks about fifty spots below sitting through a capella club auditions. Time to throw down a smoke bomb and ninja!disappear. Cue the awkward moment of wondering if anyone cared enough that leaving without a word would irritate them, or if they didn't and it seemed like attention seeking. Decisions. Decisions.

Better not, yo. That temptation. Winter's last sentence. Because Michael Scott.

Sliiiiiiiding on out~
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Eyebrows jump as Briar Rose reveals the familial connection. "Really? I met Morgan before I realised she was Awakened. It was certainly an... interesting experience. She has strong opinions," the firebird adds, carefully neutral.

Star slips away, but not wholly unseen. It seemed to be his way.

Across the way, talk of school and study was happening. With such broad strokes, lacking in specifics? Phoenyx was happy right where she was.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

14. Likes liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh neat. I actually liked math. I almost picked Escher as a Shadow Name because the way he used art to represent geometry and relativity was kind of mind blowing."

Pixel respects people who like the sciences, but physics and chemistry remained somewhat mysterious to him. Matter was a different matter.

"Studio art methods." He continued to beam his smile t the Theurgist. "I always liked the arts, but now that we can peal back and see the hidden truths people put out into the world I just think it's important to try and create and inspire whenever I can. So yeah, art."

Eyes flick over to watch Star leave before returning to Winter.

"So I'm curious, do you think fallen works can influence supernal truths? Like for example, some people finding inspiration for the Forces arcanum by studying physics or the Mind arcanum by looking to artistic works?"

16. Likes liked this post
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread