Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Grimoire Hunt) Let the Record Show

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    S
    Shodan

"Is it really?" Shodan's face betrays interest as he nears the notice board and begins studying it. He has few clues and even less time, but eventually something that makes sense begins to form... or does it?

And if he has any time left at all after deciding this particular mystery is either cracked or beyond his capabilities, the Libertine will try to get a good look on the glyph hovering around the tubby Sleeper... trying not to be too obvious about it.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-22 17:46:49 Shodan rolls 3 to Decipher notices (Wits + Inv -2) (10 Again) 10, 5, 5, 7 1 success

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-22 17:56:17 Shodan rolls 6 to Scrutinize spell - Identification (Int + Occ) (10 Again) 5, 1, 10, 2, 9, 4, 8 3 successes

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-22 17:58:48 Shodan rolls 3 to Conceal scrutiny (Comp + Subterfuge?) (10 Again) 5, 1, 8 1 success

I rolled the same Investigation pool and got a success, but didn't want to presume too much, so I kept it vague. Also, if at all possible, Shodan will spend a turn scrutinizing the spell on the Sleeper, putting successes towards Identification. If only 1 suxx is needed (i.e. it's an improvised spell), successes will be put towards Composition. If there's still a success left (because only 1 Arcanum was used), it will be devoted to Mastery

Stats

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pixel follows rocker billie around and takes a CD

"Striga?"

His question was voiced so dryly it sounded like disbelief. How could that not be a Shadow Name?

"Well I'm Pixel, and I'd love to ask about a particular album. The kind the people upstairs might know about?"

Since that was clearly their sanctum. Why else would he fumble answering a question about it?

Equipment- Messenger bag containing sketch book, pencils, two water bottles, box of cookies, small stack of cliff bars, and a school book or two for downtime studying.
    Spells-Untouchable (P3, +3 Def, Third Eye (P2)

If only 1 suxx is needed (i.e. it's an improvised spell), successes will be put towards Composition. If there's still a success left (because only 1 Arcanum was used), it will be devoted to Mastery
    Components are declared before the roll and should be on the roller. Anything over 1 Success will follow the default procession of Composition, Potency, Targets, Duration, Power, and Mastery as Identification is the only component declared on the roll.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

4. Likes Ruach, Xander liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Inside the shop

Rocker Billie is talking to Abacus . Her eyes widen and her impish smile grows with delight when he makes his selection.

"Choice." She croaks glibly.

"Punk is over there, mostly. But we got some classic vinyl right here. You into cassettes?" She adds with a coy cheek.

When Pixel asks his question the tension jumps, electric, between them. Rocker Billie turns, eyes widening in surprise now. Over to one side, Shaven Head tenses - and then relaxes with an audible breath; he relaxes his stance.

"No. That's Harmony."

A pause.

"I'm Satyricon. You can speak easy here, Pixel. Striga was on an important phone call when I last saw her."

There is a rustle of movement from down the other end of the shop, from behind the booths. A door - unseen due to the intervening structures - opens. A woman in pencil skirt and a business shirt with explosive lace sleeves and a thick collar appears. Her long hair is bound tightly into a bun at the nape of her beck with her long fringe cascading over one side of her face. Black finger nails. Black lipstick. Cats eye makeup around the eyes.

"I got tickets!" She exclaims before she fully realises the scene before her. And tries to slip up her formal mask. The effect is a little spoiled as a result.

Outside the shop

Kaze directs Shodan to the message board. The Apostate himself takes a few steps towards the mouth of the alley and has a look around. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Shodan attempts a quick study of the spell in the tubby guy's aura - before he disappears completely in the street. The Glyph has the slick, impenetrable, grey cast of a rote.

Turning his attention the message board, he struggles with the myriad posters, pamphlets and artless musings. If it was not for Kaze's initial push, the Mighty might have missed the cues - but skeptical suspicion and intelligence win out. Shodan might not yet have a full understanding of the code, yet he is able to piece together the Cabal's name (The Lotus Eaters) and pick up on the general warning against Scelesti.

6. Likes Ruach, Xander liked this post

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

Purveyors! Not creators. Doorkeepers.

With the masks now withdrawn, Abacus allowed himself a small smile. Was Striga the source of the Intimate connection?

"Well met, Harmony. Abacus.", he said softly, loosely gesturing to himself. He turned to Satyricon.

"How easy?"
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. This one part seems specially important, to us." Kaze says, having satisfied himself that neither his mundane nor Supernal sense is aware of an immediate threat.

He moves back to the board to stand by Shodan and point at the part of the message board with the code that indicated mages from Sacramento are to be reported to the local authorities on sight!

"See right there? I'm thinking everybody might need to know about that. Like, whoever let us know about this place might have been thinking about that part when they said to come here."

Kaze's expression is one of remembering previous meetings set up to gain knowledge that seemed to have been traps instead.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Shodan's eyes widen slightly when he sees it. And sure, even if Dark Revolution is in the hands of Free Council affiliates, he just does not trust his and Pixel's Libertine badges to carry them through it safely. And even if they would? Who is to say the shop isn't under surveillance of other Orders?

"Good call" It sends a shiver down the Obrimos' spine that if he didn't enlist Kaze on this mission, he migh've missed this. Letting loose who knows what consequences "I'll text our friends"

And he does. Thinking for a moment how best to play this, he sends a message to Abacus:

Leave. Don't act suspicious. MTG at [Coffee emoji] @ end of st. in 10

Hopefully Abacus has his phone on him. Hopefully it's not on silent. Hopefully he will understand the flurry of abbreviations and images. Hopefully the mystagogue with eyes on the prize will believe him.

"Told'em to meet us in that coffee shop in ten minutes" He says to Kaze again, tilting his head in the general direction of the cafe "We should probably hang back. Do you think we should get in if they don't leave?" Not... kicking-down-doors like. But at least with all of them in the same room they can coordinate their escape if this goes up in smoke.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-26 07:14:39 Shodan rolls 5 to Perception - hearing (Wits + Comp) (10 Again) 1, 5, 2, 3, 10, 1 1 success

Stats

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Awesome!"

The Warlock seemed more at ease now knowing they were among other mages.

"So my friend here is looking for a specific thing. If you could help him maybe we could come to some kind of trade or agreement?"

Eyes flick to Abacus before they return to Satyricon. Shodan's text isn't acknowledged, if only for the simple reason he had no phone to receive it. What college student could afford a smart phone on their own these days?

Equipment- Messenger bag containing sketch book, pencils, two water bottles, box of cookies, small stack of cliff bars, and a school book or two for downtime studying.
    Spells- Untouchable (P3, +3 Def), Third Eye (P2)

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"We are mostly Libertines here. Mostly. I'm more... conservative and bookish. Striga is very open on social media if you catch my drift." Satyricon continued. He concluded his remarks with an interested 'oh?" and turned his attention to Pixel.

"Yeah. I'm Harmony. You'll want Striga?" Harmony croaked as she made room for the business woman - evidently Striga Mortis - as she drew near.

"You must be new if you haven't heard of us. Give me those and I'll sort out the sale." The rocker billie offered with a look between Striga and Satyricon.

"I heard something about a possible trade? Striga Mortis. Music critic. Festival freak. Knower of Secrets. Libertine." Striga presented a confident air and extended a hand. A flare of goose flesh indicated that the woman was casting.

14. Likes Xander liked this post

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

He held up a Floyd vinyl. And then he brought up his phone, to take a picture.

"My old school buddy's a collector. He's going to lose it when he sees this."

He almost lost it when he saw it. Shodan. He kept his mind quiet. Like anyone else called away when they were in the middle of something enjoyable, his expression was more annoyed than alarmed.

"Pixel, could you pick a filter for me for this photo? I trust your eye more than mine", he handed the Mastigos his phone. The drop-down window showed recent push notifications. Shodan's text was on top.

Striga finally came into the picture and already started unfurling her plumage. He didn't have the resources to understand what she was casting.

Only that she was.

"You could just ask. I might even answer your question."

He checked his watch. 8 minutes.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Xander liked this post
Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread