(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She rests her elbow on the chair, her chin on her hand as she listened. “Believe it or not, I can understand what you’re saying. Things were beginning to come out towards the end, and it was a situation that was going to have to be addressed. Though not in a way any of them would have found pleasant.” a cold, calculated smile appearing. The Gangrel meeting had been the final straw for her. A small nod, “As you should. I can’t, and won’t, get involved in such matters unless it reaches a boiling point. Or unless my Court is interrupted because people are behaving like infants.” It was nice that the whole mess seemed to have taken itself out. “You being able to handle such Kindred will only strengthen your position within the Domain.” And show others that he could handle himself.

A quiet chuckle, “Which one? There were two that might have benefited from safe space in Court.” She jokes. Yeah, Ale has jokes. “Oaths can work, but like you’ve pointed out, the other party has to be willing to agree to them. Now, that willingness can be, encouraged, so to speak. But I’m not eager to do such things unless it’s a benefit to the Domain or myself.” Being truthful and all. “You know, reading Aura’s used to be more widely practiced in Court. Before an Acknowledgement was granted, the Aura had to be read. A very useful gift, but, like you said, only the one reading it knows what it shows.” Then comes the whole trusting what they reported.

Her advice? Ok, she was curious. Then a smirk, “Oh, I see. What you speak of sounds like something that could be very beneficial to the Domain. Is whatever you speak of something Judex Twist can do herself? Or is this something different?” always good to be sure. “As to advising you about approaching her,” a single shoulder shrugs, “I don’t have anything. In my years of working with her, she has always been approachable. But it’s also noting that being open and honest goes a long way. So that’s my advice, don’t bullshit her, lay out what you’re requesting, how it would be a benefit, and go from there.”

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-21 15:53:35 Ale rolls 10 to Considering Who?(Wits+Sub+DS) (10 Again) 10, 1, 6, 5, 4, 4, 6, 10, 10, 7, 4, 3, 3 3 successes
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded as the Prince confirmed support of his more refined approach to the issues. Answering her inquiry he bluntly muttered, "The one who was the catalyst for the spat with Keeper Wood." He paused briefly before adding, "Which, by the way, I believe we're mostly sorted out. I had refrained from publicly sharing any disparaging opinions about the Keeper's conduct in hopes that she would honor my one request." He reminded, "That request being that she correct her viewpoints on my integrity among her social circles. She has not so far, so I met with her to make sure we were both on the same page. She seemed willing to correct her missteps so I'm giving her a couple of months to follow through. If I still see no attempt at fulfilling this relatively simple act of good will then..." He shrugged, "She cannot claim to be a victim."

He smirked in kind, thankful for any advice the Prince shared, "That was the core plan, but you can't blame me for trying to see if there would be anything else to help." That had been the approach that got him this far at least. "Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing that. She's obviously been around for a very long time so she could have developed the power herself, but the key to what I'm proposing requires a solid working knowledge of the Daeva's unique powers."

He opts to share more detail out of caution that her advice was also for the current conversation, "I don't fully understand how since I know nothing of the Daeva's power, but there is supposedly a way to leverage that and what I do know into a way of obstructing lies and deceit from being employed by a target... for a time." He leans forward slightly teeming with excitement, "I'm very eager to chase this potential for myself and the benefit it can bring the Domain."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A knowing smile and nod, “Ah yes. He was quite,” a pause, “spirited.” Polite, political answer. Whiny fit better. “You have? That’s good.” Nights were easier when they could work things out among themselves. “Well, I hope she does what has been requested. If not,” a hand was raised, then dropped, “we’ll see.” She felt confident that Mable would correct her missteps.

Amused, “No, I can’t blame you for trying. It never hurts to ask.” Usually. “Oh. Those powers are not usually given out lightly. So I wish you luck.” Now she was curious. Both about how Twist would respond, and what the power he was seeking was. She could make it her business, but decides not to. “Though there is something to be said for the art of a great conversation.” Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Now this caught her interest, “Now that is something worth chasing. Something that could be very beneficial to not only yourself, but the Domain as well.” Someone not being able to lie would help with a lot of problems. “I can certainly understand how eager you are, I’d be just as eager myself.” Cause she knows how Kindred love to lie. Especially if it bought them an extra night or two to tuck tail and run. “Its always fascinated me the way the powers of each Clan work. How the combining of what you already know, and what Archon Twist knows, into something with that sort of possibility.” Then again, she had a Hell Hound, bound by her own blood. “My owns ability isn’t subtle,” as a Gangrel, most of her skills were in your face, “is the one you’re speaking of subtle?” or is it like popping Claws in your face.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wonderful, Jacque thought to himself. The enthusiasm the Prince displayed for his endeavors was a significant boon towards his success. Now he just had to find a way to deliver results.

He smiled while turning his palms up, "I'm afraid I have very little for answers on the finer details. I'll only know for certain once I'm educated enough in the ability I seek. The power of Lords is fairly subtle, though others knowledgeable of it could likely pick out the distinctive tells. Whether or not Alder Judex Twist's powers aid in masking those tells is unknown to me." He certainly hoped so at least.

"I will gladly commit to updating you on the progress of the research if it pleases Her Majesty," he bowed his head respectfully.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a single nod, “Understandable. We know so little of such things until we actually have the power to them. And even then, putting the ability into words is sometimes tricky.” She wasn’t sure she could explain how her claws grew. “Well, should you be successful in achieving it, we can discuss the permission for you to use it in Court.” Having someone able to do what he said the ability could do, would be extremely beneficial.

“You know me, I don’t pry unless I have to. While I would enjoy being kept up to date, I won’t force it.” Unless she had to, but Jacque was proving himself trustworthy.

“How has everything else being going? Have you had a chance to meet Seneschal Hart yet?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A wry grin splashed across his face, "Of course." Another potential roadblock to realizing the power's full potential was at least on the table for discussion. The proactive statement made it clear that the Prince herself was considering the applications.

"Not yet, unfortunately. I plan to reach out soon." He hadn't been avoiding it per se, but the jerking movements of the marionette were distinctively chilling. "Speaking of the appointment, I wanted to check in with you to see if you wished the laws to be revised." He paused briefly before explaining, "Your Grace has been tolerant of being approached directly, albeit respectfully, instead of following the decorum prescribed in the laws."

He shrugged his shoulders, "I have no qualms either way but I would highly recommend that the Laws reflect reality. Dissent would fester quickly among any you would selectively snub under your laws and we've seen passersby hold ill will for far less." Either a reminder or a revision would be sent, with no preference from the Lord on which would be asked of him.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I hope you get the chance to speak with her, I’ve known her for many years.” She just hoped the two could get along. Then an eyebrow raises, “Revised?” now this was curious. “Is that how it appears?” she asks, an amused smile appearing, “Those that have approached have first caught my attention, and waited for me to allow them to continue. It seems to be working so far. This past Court it was myself who beckoned Lady Hazelton.” It worked for her.

“It seems clear that you have an issue with how things have been going. Where I personally don’t. It’s been done the way I prefer; someone wishes to approach; they wait for an indication from me that I’m open to it. And selectively snub?” Her hands were steepled and placed under her chin, “How so? Has there been talk of me snubbing anyone?” she certainly hadn’t heard anything. Though she was well within her right as Prince to snub whoever she damn well felt like. “Is there some secret quota I’m supposed meet each Court?” she jokes.

“Tell me, how do the Laws not reflect reality? Should there be a different system in place? What would you propose?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have no qualms with whichever your preference is. My goal is simply to ensure the Laws accurately represent your will." His tone was flat with indifference. "As the Laws currently read, no one is to approach you unless you first invite them to do so. If someone has business they wish to put before you they are to petition your Seneschal or Herald."

Tilting his hand over, "No, the snubbing I speak of is hypothetical in its context. Precedent is what I rely on for making sure your Laws are accurately prescribing decorum. Others who look at the precedent may take it as a snub if you decline meeting with them after having done so consistently for others."

"I apparently did not see your initial gesture. I first saw Lady Hazelton's approach and bow which led me to believe you were more open to being approached without invitation." At least he didn't respond by throwing a fit in court like some others had in the past, "I know that the climate has changed with the departure of some of the Domain's... more eager shit stirrers so I thought it prudent to make sure your will had not deviated significantly from the way the Laws are written. I apologize for taking up your time because I missed a critical detail."

"For what it is worth, I prefer the way that it is written." He gently flitted his hand in the air as he explained, "Those who wish to discuss some kind of business with you can petition and you can choose at will to field such conversations at the next court or in private. Hypothetically, if Lady Hazelton had cold approached you and wished to discuss the Oaths in detail, an appropriate petition would have provided the foresight to send an invitation for a private meeting. This avoids the vague details from even being put into the thoughts of other Kindred in attendance." The Oaths were not for others to know. "Consistency helps set a foundation for stability."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a slow nod, “And unless I’ve missed something at Court, that’s how things have been going. Quite orderly, and a lot more pleasant.” But there was part of her that missed being more open.

“I will keep that in mind should it come up. Though there will be times that there will be those I would rather speak with in private. I don’t like unnecessary scenes at Court. But perhaps it would be best for me to replay that information should it arise.” Drama at Court tended to make her a little edgy.

Ah, now it made sense. Shaking her head, “Should things change, I will make sure you and I sit down and discuss and changes that need to be made to the Laws. And you’re not taking up my time, it’s always good to touch base here and there. And this far you haven’t been unpleasant to talk with.” Should that change, then so would her availability.

“I agree. Invictus business doesn’t need to be discussed at Court, and certainly not Blood Oaths.” First Estate business was best discussed behind closed doors. “Though it was quite amusing the way Keeper Wood seemed quite eager to recruit for the Crone.” A gentle chuckle, “Not something I’d do at Court, but,” a shrug, “that’s on them.” It showed the other Covenants you were
    interested in that Kindred. “Stability is a welcome thing in our world.” Says the Savage, her way of saying she heard what he said.

“You handled yourself quite well at the Invictus meeting.” She praised.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's expression lifted into a faux smile, trying to mirror the Prince's sentiments of amusement, "Thankfully it is a gesture she has not chosen to repeat. I never imagined that acknowledgement would come with an open invitation to join the Crone." It reeked of desperation.

The Lord's expression filled with a more genuine pleasure from her praise, "I am certainly glad to earn my seat at the table. Thank you as well for your sponsorship to make that even possible." He tilts his head, "Not to mention the gift. It is quite the read and to have such a pristine original is a rarity." His eyebrows raised suddenly, remembering something, "Oh! The placement of The Raft of the Medusa was perfect. I was delighted you found it worthy of display." There wasn't much that didn't make a Lord proud but that gesture in particular clearly held significant value to the Ventrue.

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread