Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

(Dry Hallow) End of Line - Page 7
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
(Dry Hallow) End of Line

Dec 31, 2019 : (Dry Hallow) Empty Shop
(Dry Hallow) Following Threads
Apr 4, 2020 - May 1, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 11 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Step away from the woman", he orders. "It might be contagious, we haven't taken any precaution", they were failing rather spectacularly at the assessment part of risk-assessment.
    The Guardian's words are not motivated by self-preservation, he's since casted off any notion of it, but by worry for his peers. As much as he'd wish to help the Sleeper, and he's got a very personal reason to be willing, judgement must prevail. The Life of a sleeper against the life of three Awakened, There is a Secret Hierarchy of Souls.
    The Doctor could spread the virus in his hospital and Pixel was young, young people are perfect vectors for any form of disease, it's something to consider
    "There is something buried in her body, if you want to remove it, it must be done from a distance"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Winter hangs back.

Abacus and Anima move toward the limp form of the woman.

The Enchanter takes hold of her gently but firmly - she does not resist, swooning into a deep sleep.

Anima begins palpating her body; however his focus is taken up casting the improvised spell and he misses his cues*.

At least the spell took effect - and was generally helpful.

*The spell is fine but I'd also need a skill roll to reflect the palpation work

Mark may I have Anima roll Intelligence + Medicine please

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima seems to ignore the brooding stoic Winter as he works.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-10 09:32:57 Anima rolls 6 to Int+Med (10 Again) 10, 2, 10, 6, 8, 3, 9, 1 4 successes

"I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass. But I will save this woman if I can. Remote removal will cause more internal damage. Sometimes the only way out is in. But thank you for reminding me there are no OR nurses around. Ab- if you wish you can join dark and stormy in the hallway while I work. I only ask you ensure she won't wake up."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-10 09:34:07 Anima rolls 5 to Sense Life (virus) (10 Again) 3, 9, 3, 2, 3 1 success
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

(PT)Mana 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

The change of his expression is barely perceptible, his mastery of body language flawless. But this man is a predator, and from the sudden switch in his tone everyone can tell that now games are really over.
    "Don't... touch... that... woman", his timing and language is precise, there's no doubt left beyond the accuracy of his intentions.
    The air crackles with energy as white flames burn around him into a steam of liquid darkness that pool around his head in a mockery of a halo. From a tapestry of night come oozing out hundreds of abyssal eyes, their cold gazes trained on the Shaman's very essence.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-10 15:04:52 Winter rolls 6 to Uncloaking Nimbus (Composure + Occult) (10 Again) 2, 2, 2, 8, 1, 3 1 success
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-10 15:11:58 Winter rolls 8 to Perfect Timing Rote (10 Again) 6, 3, 10, 10, 2, 5, 6, 3, 2, 6 2 successes
      4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-10 15:19:25 Winter rolls 9 to Intimidation (Pre + Int + spec + Nimbus + PT) (10 Again) 9, 9, 6, 9, 1, 8, 3, 1, 1 4 successes

2mana left, 3WP

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

If Anima had been facing the Guardian, he'd be shaking in his boots. If the Guardian had said something prior to his approach he'd have discussed this reasonably. But he is Anima, he is a Shaman. He is a Surgeon. He can see LIFE, the Truth of it. He is practiced in it. He is pauses his inspection. An imago, practiced and placed. He finds the words to say. A deep breath and,

"I understand your hesitance. Please, trust me. I am not just the eccentric man at the office. I'm a surgeon, a TRUE surgeon. If there is a virus, I have the vaccine. If there is a bacterial infection, I can make sure it's just probiotics helping a healthy digestive system. I've NEVER lost a patient. I'm a brain surgeon friend, and I've NEVER lost a patient. Please trust me, you've all examined her for yourself, and have done your jobs that have gotten me here. Allow me to do my job now. Please. I beg of you, let me work."

4 successes each
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-10 15:58:53 Anima rolls 7 to Persuade the Guardian (Man+ Persuade) (10 Again) 1, 10, 3, 8, 1, 9, 5, 9 4 successes
    2020-03-10 15:58:19 Anima rolls 6 to Gain Skill (Persuasion) (10 Again) 10, 3, 10, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 3 4 successes
    2020-03-10 15:56:10 Anima rolls 6 to Resist Intimidation (10 Again) 10, 9, 9, 2, 9, 3, 2 4 successes

Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

7. Likes Vincent, Xander liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

(mana for gain skill)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

bookkeeping
    Con Spells Cloaked

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Abacus is gently holding down the unresisting woman while Anima works.

And things get suddenly tense.

It is not just the imperceptible shift in Winter's demeanour. Nor that sudden surge of tension emanating from the Guardian's taut form. Nor the flash of the Mighty's dark and baroque nimbus giving him all the appearance of an avenging wraith in the gloom. It is all that and more.

For Anima remains unmoved...

On the surface, at least. How can he not be moved by the display? How can his heart not miss a beat or his bowls want to liquify? But this Thyrsus is not made for moving. Not right now.

And the gamble plays off. For Anima.

The woman doesn't have a fever (as in, fighting off an infection). Her hormones are haywire. Her organs are that distressed they are almost solid in his hands (solid and lumpy, don't feel right at all*). And no wonder - there is something attached internally to her lower back and extending into her stomach cavity. And it is warm, too - a spot of heat coming from deep inside her body.

The whole room feels like another spell is about to go off, because two mages are likely to go off very soon.

Sorry about the description as I am no medic. Her organs feel like they are fucked and some feel like they have growths or nodules that should not be there, in addition to their obviously distressed state/

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He wasn't entirely moved by the Doctor's argument, but he had to give him that. He was persuasive, and given his calling, it made sense. Besides, it was neither the place nor the time to be having a contest of wills, the room somehow was acclimating to their moods, and without knowing what the morbus affecting the girl was capable of, he was just compounding on an already distressed situation.
    They were risking too much by staying there, but at the same time, the doctor was risking far more - his humanity - by not doing what he thought was right.
    "Very well", he says, his nimbus scattering to the four corners of the room bringing the tension a few notches lower, "see what you can do. But don't take unnecessary risks", he lets out a breath, relaxed. Now, where were his tools?

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-11 01:45:30 Winter rolls 5 to Willpower (10 Again) 6, 9, 10, 9, 7, 7 3 successes

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-11 01:45:30 Winter rolls 5 to Willpower (10 Again) 6, 9, 10, 9, 7, 7 3 successes

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Pride cometh.

A showdown of wills, and for a man whose led a life bargaining with spirits the advantage is his. Spells dismissed, he returns to his patient. His fingers telling him something was very wrong. This was no bullet or strange relic imbedded deep within the woman. The Spirit healer's examination gives him pause. All the symptoms had made him suspect this, but his sight had not confirmed the truth of the matter...

Before the fall.

Because he was looking the wrong way. Shaking hands pull away and he waves off the Acanthus Councilor as he stands up and takes a few steps back.

"She is no Sleeper anymore. I might be able to help her still, but first I must see the truth of the matter. I'm afraid if I can't help her, she must be destroyed both here and the shadow."

His eyes open as the Imago takes shape. He whispers harshly and his vision opens as the Spiritual superimposes itself. As if by reflex he examines the woman, the thin gauntlet doing little to impede him.

Identification 2 Succ, Peer 1 sun, Perception 1 sux gauntlet strength accounted for
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-11 09:26:09 Anima rolls 2 to Perception 6 (-4 gauntlet) (10 Again) 8, 1 1 success
    2020-03-11 09:24:39 Anima rolls 8 to Peer Across the Gauntlet + HS (10 Again) 10, 1, 7, 2, 4, 7, 3, 7, 1 1 success
    2020-03-11 09:01:27 Anima rolls 8 to Infection Identification (Int+OCC+ Spec+ 1 bonus issued by YYC in chat) (10 Again) 5, 3, 5, 1, 5, 9, 9, 1 2 successes

Anima is looking to see if the Claiming is complete or if she can still be saved by Exorcism.

There is no Claiming. She is very sick with organs on the verge of collapse; many shot through with nodes and nodules and growths. There is also a very physical FOREIGN OBJECT in her gut tethered to her spine.

Also requesting a WP for Pride Vice for winning the face-off, and a Charity Virtue for trying to save this poor wretch.

You get the full Charity - virtue - WP refresh
    Con Spells Cloaked

Page 7 of 11 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread