DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

"Probability."

He could do this again and again until he was out of juice. It wasn't worth the expense. He just wanted to prove to himself that he could. That there was still something to be felt when he reached out to Know more than what his eyes could tell him.

"Doesn't seem that much has changed. I suppose that's the way you'd like it to be. Quiet."
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He wasn't talking about the shot. Needless to say, he didn't step in to correct the misunderstanding.
    "A supposition needs to be tested with data", another good shot. He was warming up.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-28 16:18:51 Winter rolls 6 to Shooting Hoops (10 Again) 8, 5, 3, 9, 2, 7 2 successes

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

"I wouldn't want to poke you with a thirty meter pole let alone ask you a personal question. I'd have to pick a different profession to have any data worth gathering."

He took the ball and paused.

"So let's test it anyway. Are you bored ?"
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He shrugs, "Not particularly. By experience, boredom is a very personal state of mind. That's it, we can flip it off at our own leisure"
    "What brings you here? I don't mean to offend, but you don't strike me as the sporty type"

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

PRE

"I saw a familiar face and realized we've never held a conversation. Seemed like a good opportunity to start."

"You want a drink?"

It was an invitation to get away from the rules. He wanted to talk to Winter, not the man he was dancing around in.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I don't drink, and neither I'm the most interesting person to chat with. I'm assuming this meeting isn't a mere coincidence, what exactly do you wish to discuss?", his tone business-like.

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

PRE

"A proposal."

His hands found themselves in the pockets of his coat. He felt comfortable.

"I want to offer my services to the office. I could just walk in, I have been recognized. But I thought I should start small. Personal. Individual."

He takes a step forward.

"I'm rather good at location. Variable relationships. You need eyes, you have them. Clue me in, I want to help."

Abacus was fishing. The best thing he could do was simply ask.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Whatever the Acanthus offered, the Obrimos could probably perform himself for cheaper.
    The basic premise of a financial transaction - that's it, the cross between supply and demand - was reached upon realization of a mutual benefit. Different interests were matched when the seller and the buyer traded an equal amount of value. Needless to say, such agreements were never fully fair, because why buy something that is worth the same exact amount of what you're selling? Financial transactions were never friction-less, and economics wasn't a natural science by a long shot. So, what exactly was the Acanthus hoping to get?
    "Humor me. Which services do you think I might be seeking?"

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

PRE

He was halfway towards asking him to give him a hypothetical, to allow him to take an offered problem and chew on it.

He was going to cheat first.

He reached out to the Arcadian twilight in order to glean the ties that bound this Guardian. His eyes glinted gold in minute flashes. The Enchanter had grown accustomed to a deep dive into the collective Fate of people and things; uncovering the kernels of truth behind correlations. Surprisingly, he came up short. He could only skim the surface; discover Unknown and Described connections.

Occultation...

Of course he would be protected.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-31 01:37:40 Abacus rolls 5 to Interconnections -- Rote (Winter) [Subtracted Pool due to Occultation] (10 Again) 8, 1, 3, 2, 7 1 success

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-31 01:45:02 Abacus rolls 6 to Why did my spell not work as well as it usually does? (Wits & Occult) (10 Again) 3, 7, 5, 10, 10, 4, 5, 8 3 successes
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Another familiar surge, and the Obrimos is left to wonder where exactly the Mysterium failed with the education of this particular Mystagogue, because he wasn't even dissimulating.
    "Are you done?", he says, making no effort to hide his displeasure.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread