Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable chose to address the making amends first. "I can make sure the next court I will make a statement at the end of court." She agreed, but she would use her own words, it would hold more weight then if it sounded like he wrote it.

"As for the former priscus, I did not know he was going to deliver a threat, much less a death threat. I did blow off steam discussing the matter with him. And I was angry enough to want to beat you. While you use words to cut people down I use fists. However, I am learning how to use other skills too and have learned that violence isn't always the answer. Plus, why would I be so stupid to do something that would get me into trouble again? It has taken a long time to recover from losing control in Elysium."

Mable tilted her head and scrutinized Jack's face, "Do you really think that low of me? Am I really that ignorant to you? Just because I am not a stuck-up bitch who feels the need to crush others with my superiority does not mean I am an idiot." Mable kept her voice calm. She wasn't angry but more hurt.

"And if a single quarrel is just a drop in the ocean, why are you still harping on it? If it's your overly inflated pride, then I get it. I understand for many pride in who they are is all they have." Her voice softens a little more, "However, if you ever want more all you have to do is say. I am more then willing to be a friend and we could be allies. But not if you continually tell me I am wrong and say things that put me down. Because making me feel like a dumb piece of shit does nothing to actually raise you up. And if your self esteem depends on that then you have bigger problems then me thinking you were trying to bribe me." frustration and hurt are now very apparent in her voice.

"We could make a good team with your social skills and my physical ones. But I am less likely to want to physically protect someone who speaks to me like you tend to do." OMG, mable thought to herself, I am sounding so freaking girly right now.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque waves his hand dismissively, "No, casually in social circles would be more ideal." A pause as he considered her words and added, "...more authentic."

An eyebrow raised, "You are inconsistent with your reactions. You claim you knew nothing of a threat being delivered in general and yet you take it personally when I describe someone willing to end their own life by attacking me. Did you attack me?" The answer was known, "Then you don't meet the qualifier for my statement, do you?"

He nodded as Mable turned his statement around to question his motives, "Because your statement and your intentions back then are an inconvenience to my goals in Sacramento. You falsely called my integrity into question publicly. I can not have that for reasons I've already explained. I asked you to do the simple task of fixing it publicly and I'm pursuing you now because you've done nothing to do so and you're persistent in painting yourself as a sole victim in this dispute."

He continued, "If you're serious about building this bridge, I need to know that you won't just cave again to the will of the loudest group. I'm looking for something a little more stable than that." He smiled at the comments about how he talks about her, even though it was never unprovoked, "I'll discretely give you advice or tell you you're wrong if I believe so. That is something I'm qualified to do, especially pertaining to Her Majesty's laws. I'm frankly surprised you don't see that as beneficial to your position and how people view you. If you are in tandem with Her will, then your authority is viewed as potent as Her's." His hands twist palms up for a moment, "Let's not forget that I was ultimately correct in how Her Majesty would have wanted that night handled."

A flash of a grin crosses his face as she offered her exchange of protection, "How likely were you to protect your oppressors? Was it easier once you gave them your title? That was when all the pressure stopped I assume?"

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"MM yes, that was really what I was trying to say. I will do so in a small group. Any people in particular that you feel I need to alert?" Mable sucked at getting her point across and for some reason Jack completely messed with her normal confidence. Dealing with people was why she had stayed away from the general public for so long. Dealing with bears, boars, and wild cats was much easier.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound inconsistent. I misunderstood and thought you were telling me that I was the idiot." Mable sighed. "I need to stop feeling defensive every time you speak to me. At least that part of my reactions are consistent." Mable let out a small self-deprecating laugh.

"I will try better to not immediately jump to the wrong conclusion as to your motives and words. If part of the inconsistency is me opening up and trying to explain a little about me and my motives after not wanted to tell you about anything... well that is simply me trying hard to be more open. I'm not really a complicated being."

"Handing over my title was not about pressure put on me. I had a new position which I felt I needed to focus on. Not that I really need to explain myself." God he really likes to put people on the spot.

"Can you promise not to be a condescending asshole? That's something I have to trust won't keep happening. And if you don't want to work towards a real alliance with me, just say so. If this whole visit is just to soothe your wounded pride, just say so. I have already agreed to spread the word that I misunderstood your motives."

"I have said all I am going to on both the subject of the bribery misunderstanding and on the anything the past priscus might have said to you." Mable thought a moment. "I am also done discussing my motives for passing the priscus title to Garrett. If there are other things you would like to discuss or if you want to have some general getting to know each other time then please proceed."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I would love to just plainly say yes to that. Truly, I would." Jacque paused and his brow twisted in consideration of his words, "I have no reason to ever be a condescending asshole when unprovoked." He raises a slender finger, "However, if you try to throw me under a bus then it won't stop easy."

"I had you invited to discuss the Laws to help boost your confidence and passively guide you to the correct decisions going forward." A chuckle, "I even complimented the assets you brought to the position and in return," he paused before calmly continuing, "...you tried to fuck with me." He smiled, stretching his index and thumb apart as a gesture of showing length, "You spent this much time painting the picture about me and all my terrible deeds and about..." he narrows the distance to near nothing, "...this much time saying anything about that loose cannon of a cousin you have. That speaks volumes for your intentions that night."

"But, regardless of all that I can at least promise you that I'm capable of reciprocating respect, as I've done plenty of times before. However, I also reciprocate when I'm being fucked with." He waved his hand dismissively, "Look at it this way: at least I'm consistent with telling you exactly how I feel." His eyes narrowed on Mable, "Or would you rather me smile at your face and then talk shit behind your back like Prosper did?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable let out a delighted chuckle and a sigh of relief. She felt they were finally making some progress. "Jack, has anyone ever told you how adorable you are? I loved the bus statement it was perfect. And you are correct, I didn't act as professionally as I could that night. I guess I was afraid I was being setup to fail. It happens a lot for me. I am way too trusting or at least used to be. By the end of the meeting I think things went better because I was not afraid to speak my own thoughts and not be completely dismissed. And I appreciate that."

"As far as acting like Garrett...Goodness NO. I much more appreciate straight talking. Sometimes though I get confused by what people mean when they are being too subtle. Park of the Gangrel curse perhaps? Anyway, I will work on showing better respect but it may not be in the way you would prefer."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's expression shifted to a smirk, "I can't say that anyone has." He nodded as Mable elaborated, "I've been observing the circumstances around you for quite a while. My curiosity came from the prior Harpy's public involvement in addressing your... misfortunes. I could see how such a series of events could lead to you adapting the way you had. I hope you realize now that your approach really only invited more of the same."

He lifted his shoulders, "I'm not here to be some kind of a puppet master for you. There are easier ways to achieve that. I'm simply setting expectations to avoid future quarrels with me."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What do you suggest to avoid quarrels? I dare say you misunderstand me as much as I you. I really do want to get to a better place with this."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque leans forward slightly, "If you're talking strictly us, the suggestion has already been provided in previous nights and this night. If I have a recommendation or feel I can offer guidance then I will discretely offer it. It is your choice completely whether or not you follow that guidance and I won't take it personally... unless you slander me in the process, which we've covered extensively up to this point."

Sweeping his hand off to the side, "If you're talking more in general, I'd recommend a slight change in your stripes. Once my... instincts settle there really isn't anything about you that projects a consistent confidence. It could be your overly friendly demeanor..." he pauses to restate, "...which isn't a terrible thing, but it becomes an uphill battle when you represent yourself as a leader and act like a follower. For example, Prosper was under the impression that the whole Domain was laughing at your clan due to you being the Priscus." He chortled at the thought, "Another projection based on self-serving opinions I presume."

"Find your confidence and own it." He shrugged his shoulders. "There will be pitfalls and people out to get you from now until eternity. Fuck them. That's why I left that night- I had more important things to do than be disrespected by a bunch of mice who thought it was safe to play when the cat was away. If you do screw up, remain confident in your approach while expressing recognition of handling things different or adapting going forward."

He smiled and turned the question back at Mable, "What would you say I misunderstand the most about you?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded thoughtfully, "I will take that under advisement and work on my confidence."

Her eyes narrowed a bit, "Before I answer, what do you think you might misunderstand about me? Are you even aware that you misunderstand me?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shrugged his shoulders, "You stated as much and in good faith I asked for you to expand so that I might rectify my perception. Asking me to take guesses seems like a rather unproductive way to make yourself understood better." The thought came to mind that Mable might be fishing, but either way there was no way for him to know whichever opinions of his might be wrong.

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread