Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Mother Moon is rapidly disappearing each night as she hides from me. I take solace that soon she will be return to shine upon me once more in her full glory. I walk through the Tur feeling her fading light upon my fur.

I hear voices, Alpha, Brigit, and a stranger. With haste I sprint across our territory as fast as my four legs will carry me, I relish the feeling of the breeze through my fur, the power and speed of my legs.

As Brigit speaks of the Ivory Claws I rapidly approach the stranger from behind, stopping a dozen or so yards away.

I give Alpha a meaningful look my tail high in the air and my fur bristled, but without aggression. Seems to be a calm discussion. Safe?

PU: 4

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector had let the conversation run between Brigit and Allen with a smile on his lips. From his business-like attitude, the newcomer really was Iminir. The animalistic side of the Cahlith felt a thrill from the potential challenge. The more rational, human, half of the Alpha felt a ghost of concern.

"Brigid has given you her tale. I can trade you mine."

Hector noted a familiar lupine presence join them. His eyes slide in Bleeds Well direction, held the Rahu in his gaze for a moment, then returned his attention to Allen.

"The Fire Touched turned up at Tur and we exchanged words. They thought to convert us, I think. Which was foolish. They haven't made much of a move, yet. And we are spending our time cleaning house and making some allies of our own. I don't plan on overcommitting our limited resources needlessly. Not without evidence first."

A note of steel crept into Hector's voice.

"And here is Bleeds Well. He's a Blood Talon."

And on that note, the Alpha formally acknowledged Bleeds Well presence.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Allen Brackett

"I'd like that" The Elodoth says when Brigit agrees to talk to him, contingent on Hector's approval. This shouldn't be too hard, Allen has no problem to just nod along and keep quiet until he has all the data he needs. Which is what he does now. Listens, that is. About the suited Claws, the preachy Fire-Touched and how the encounters went. Although he looks somewhat disappointed that the Izidakh were chased off, Allen maintains the respectful silence, keen to notice the stated effort of making allies and the hard undertone that came after that.

"I don't plan on telling you how to run your show" This needed to be stated. Sure, when one of his tribe shows up everyone assumes they are, or want to be alpha, but Allen held no such desire. Not now, at least "What I am going to do is say my piece. You pick it apart, see if you like it. If you do, there's plenty more where that came from" Allen Brackett was certainly never short on advice. It's not his fault if he knows more than most of his fellow Forsaken "We might benefit more from letting the Izidakh believe we are ripe for recruitment. They are not stupid, but neither are they going to give up on trying to redeem the 'misguided' children of the Moon. Conversely, the Claws would never fully accept one of us as a Pure werewolf but they do so like to rely on human servants and strict boundaries - a practice on which the Fire-Touched tend to look with poorly-hidden moral superiority. Now, if the Claws somehow came to believe that their omega cousins are close to making us turncoats, thus significantly shifting the balance of power in favor of the impurity of madness, they might just turn on the Gurim-Ur's children. And if the Izidakh assumed their Tzuumfin allies want to expand their influence on the down low at their expense, they're going to be pissed. We probably won't be so lucky to see them kill each other, but even squabble and lack of cooperation might be enough for us to gain advantage. In other words, we could turn theirs strenghts - Izidakh faith and Tzuumfin sense of nobility - into weaknesses" At least in his opinion. Fighting valiantly and poetically is cool and all, but Allen Brackett likes to win. That's probably why he's late to notice the werewolf in his more animalistic form creeping from behind. In fact, he only realizes something is amiss when Hector looks over Allen's shoulder onto something. By his lack of immediate reaction you could tell that he expected that something to be here, which can be either relieving or worrying, depending on how paranoid you were.

"Bleeds Well" He says, curiously tasting the deed name in his mouth. Its ambiguity was interesting - who was doing the bleeding? Allen turns towards the four-legged shape "I hasten to inform you that there are forms better suited to talking than this one, and better ways to communicate than face to back. It's one thing to be wary of a stranger, Suthar Anzuth, it's completely another to make the appearance of an ambush in this neutral place" Brackett's voice is completely flat, neither patronizing nor unnerved nor angry. He may be the first to admit that playing the system was a viable way to keep those close to you alive, but as a Storm Lord and Elodoth he knew there is no Honor in blatant disrespect for the laws. And without Honor, how are they different from any clever animal again?

Not to mention, respect goes both ways. The onus to go first was on him as a guest, but Allen sure as shit isn't going to let these people walk all over him. Not if he needs their attention, and he does if he's to be of any help.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

A grumbling huff of greeting is offered to Bleeds Well at his approach, it was as animalistic a greeting as Hishu would allow.

Brigit listens to Hector and Allen speak.

"In a perfect world, your plan might work," she offers, following Allen's expansion, "Thing is, these Izidakh know I'm a traitor. When they come back, they won't be looking to recruit. Not if I'm still breathing. Also, the Tzuumfin can see pretty damn easy that I used to be among the Anshega. Ain't got an Auspice. More then likely, once word gets out that there's a turncoat in the Call, they'll pool resources. I reckon it's at least close to making the rounds."

That was to say nothing of Anshega unity. Brigit didn't need to study the Pure. She used to be one of them. She saw their approach to the war. And, despite their approach, they were one thing the Urdaga struggled to be as far as the war was concerned. Unified. However, Brigit didn't want to go full Devil's Advocate.

Brigit offered an apologetic look to Hector.

"Sorry, chief," she said, "but if I'm right shit's about to get real loud. I know my place in it, but on my honor I won't give up a stone without a fight. Not trying to go all doom and gloom, but my hunches ain't based on assumptions."

They were based on experience.

Back to Allen.

"Hate to rain on your parade, Allen, but this probably isn't a fight we can skirt around," she says with some sincerity, "We have to prepare. If that ain't your forte, get behind me when the claws come out yeah? I know the path I walk."

A second reference to Brigit's fatalistic understanding to her redemption. Her soul was still stained in the eyes of Mother Luna. Only one thing could offer some chance of being fully made whole in Her eyes again.

Despite the flat tone, Allen's words pricked at Brigit's sensibilities as condescending.

He talks like the Claws themselves.

He assumed Bleeds Well had to speak? And what was that shit about an ambush? This guy was either unchallenged in that arena or he really felt he would stand a chance in seeing her tribemate coming. Nonetheless, it chafed at the often zealous Once-Pure. Loyalty was important and, even if her and Bleeds Well didn't always get along, they still belonged to the same tribe. Loyalty demanded action.

"And I hasten to remind you of something, Iminir," she said, "Others are speaking for the pack. He ain't gotta do shit. You're the newblood here and he doesn't owe you anything."

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Urum Da Takus.

Sit Sehe Mak; Mak Ne Sih.

Ni Daha.

Uratha Safal Thil Lu'u.

Nu Hu Uzu Eren.

Nu Bath Githul.

I silently recite the Oath to myself, an internal prayer to guide my next action, my next words.

And I'm surprised when my sister speaks for me.

My eyes fall on her with affection, before turning back to the pompous Shadow Lord before me. I size him up for a moment. He might give me a decent row, but with the Alpha and my sister there, should he prove an infiltrator from the Anshega he can be easily overwhelmed, bound, and removed from our sacred site. I relax and dismiss him with a flick of my tail after sizing him up. With a yawn and a stretch I lay down, letting sister and Alpha continue their interrogation conversation.

Warrior's Eye
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-30 09:54:41 Bleeds Well rolls 6 to Warrior's Eye (10 Again) 9, 2, 9, 5, 7, 1 2 successes

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

(Essence for feet of mist)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Matt emerges from a nearby shadowed alleyway, surprisingly close without having been noticed for such a big man. He is a veritable giant at seven feet tall. Strangely though he sniffs the air as he approaches, he doesn't have a noticeable scent of his own at all, either herd or wolf. It's almost like he's not there.

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

(Feet of Mist 1 Essence AND willpower?)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

My apologies; here’s the shadowing roll and also the willpower expenditure for feet of mist pending story teller ruling on the book saying that feet of mist requires both essence and willpower to activate up from the Stealth gift’s passive effect.
    2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-30 12:06:37 Matt rolls 4 to Shadow stealth 2 + wits 2 (10 Again) 7, 6, 9, 9 2 successes

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

The pack is gathering around them.

Hector tilts his head and grunts in acknowledgement as the Iminir continues.

"Its a good plan. And I'd possibly look at creating something similar as it speaks of Cunning as well as Wisdom. But Brigit is right: the Pure are more likely to come in strength next time."

Hector grins wickedly.

"What they don't know is our strength. And the Clarion Call's numbers shift all the time. That gives us a little time. I'd be interested on your thoughts on how we can hunt them down before they come to us because we are in the dark as much as they are."

He raised his voice slightly so Bleeds Well Brigit Matt Joule could hear; his words were for them as much as Allen Brackett

Hector blithely ignores the increase in tension: his words are meant to bring some focus to their talk and to head off the violence to which Urdaga can be prone.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

12. Bump Mark "Bump" this post
    A
    Allen Brackett

And here, ladies and gentlemen we have a living, breathing proof that we can take a person out of the Pure Tribes, but never the Pure Tribes out of a person. Painting the Anshega as an inexorable tide, unified and crushing everything in its path. Classic propaganda. As far as Allen is concerned, Brigit repeats the same soundbites she's been taught during her time as an Izidakh. In truth, the Pure were ripe for dividing just as any other group. All you need is the right chord to strike.

"We are preparing. We are making a plan. From what I hear, we're also in the process of gathering allies, in which I could also help you. On both sides of the Gauntlet" He says casually "I mean we could just have a bloody brawl with them, western movie-style and hope for the best, but not all of us are Blood Talons and the associated risk is, in my humble opinion, not worth taking. Remember, there is always someone bigger" For all they know, the Pure already present could just be scouts. Shock troops to lure the Forsaken out of the trenches.

He is keen to notice when Hector runs with the hare and hunts with the hounds, redirecting the conversation. Scratching both him and Brigit behind the ear. That's why he is alpha. Wisdom and leadership skills all around. It doesn't bother him now that he is ignored by Bleeds Well. Something tells him he doesn't want attention from this wolf and besides, Allen generally operates better if other people underestimate him.

"It's not untrue, though, that the Pure tend to solidify when they go to war. Which is why, in my opinion, we need to convince them that there is no war, nor is there going to be. If our spirit friends could carry whispers that the pack is weak and divided, making sure it reaches the others' ears, if maybe we could have a fight in public, close to their territory, or appear as though someone has left the city so their human servants can fetch the news... they'll loosen their discipline and show their hand, going straight for whatever they consider central to their plans. Which brings us to the next point: knowing the enemy"

Arguably the most important part. You can't devise a strategy for a foe you know nothing about.

"Where do their keep their human chattel. What kind of spirits are they courting. What locations they fortify. They are all things we should map but not move against. We need to appear weak, remember?" A sly smile creeps onto his face.

"Anyway, once they come in full force, we will hit them. Hard. The minutiae of tactics are irrelevant for the moment, it suffices to say that we should leave an escape route for one or two to use. They'll bring the news to their packs, which is when the blame game starts. Then we will make it worse by attacking those resources we mapped earlier, in quick succession. If we get an opportunity, we could try to turn them on themselves like I described earlier, but basically it all comes down to starving them out, breaking morale. Whether they decide to lock themselves in a stronghold or run all around the city, protecting their investments we win, because lo and behold - the we not only control the playing field, we define it"

Is it going to be so simple in real life? Probably not. The best plans were ruined due to random factors, the Pure are bound to have some aces up their sleeves and he could list yo ua dozen things that can go wrong here. But it's always better to have a plan and modify it as needed than to improvise on the fly.

And then, he sees something. Well, someone. A hulking mass of a man who is clearly trying to remain hidden, but his efforst are just not good enough for Allen's trained eyes. The new person approaches closer but, as far as Allen could tell he had no scent. None whatsoever. Which eliminated the possibility that he was just a lost human and hinted strongly at the use of Gifts.

"That a friend of yours?" He asks the others after looking the giant man over.

Using Warrior's Eye Bleeds Well is able to assess Allen's combat ability. His highest unmodified attack dice pool is 5. If anything else is needed, I defer to Kelreth . To be clear, that Persuasion roll is not for Brigit to suddenly be his friend, merely for her to consider that Allen might be onto something

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-01 17:38:52 Allen Brackett rolls 10 to It's logical to trust me, B (Manipulation + Persuasion + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 3, 7, 6, 1, 2, 3, 2, 4, 8 2 successes

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-01 04:18:15 Allen Brackett rolls 5 to See Matt? (10 Again) 9, 10, 9, 3, 2, 5 3 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-01 04:18:15 Allen Brackett rolls 5 to See Matt? (10 Again) 9, 10, 9, 3, 2, 5 3 successes

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

I've heard enough.

I walk closer shifting to hishu as I do so.

"There is one massive flaw with all that you are suggesting. Imru Nu Fir Imru The People do not murder the People. The Ithaeur and the Elodoth can argue until we all turn to dust about whether or not the Anshega are People, but I see nothing to argue for they are still Uratha. And killing Uratha is a sin that betrays everything about our existence. I've seen it before, in my Grandfather's pack there were Uratha that could barely keep their shit together after years of battling the Pure. It caused Spirits to distrust the whole pack by reputation, they had to replace their totem twice within six months before I left. We can harry them, we can disrupt their businesses and occultation of the humans. But we do not assault them. Bodies will quickly stack up, their's and our's and we will weaken our ability to manage the spirits within our territory. You want to come up with battle tactics Iminir? You want us to listen to your ideas to bring us glorious victory in battle. Earn our trust first. If Alpha lets you hunt with us, show us Wisdom and Cunning. If Alpha lets you suggest tactics, suggest them to keep the spirits in line and reduce the strain on the pack to maintain our territory. I too made the mistake of showing up with suggestions, it didn't take me long to see the error of my ways. If Alpha lets you hunt with us you will have to prove yourself to me before I let you risk my Purity."

I've said all I have to say, might be the most I've said aloud in a while. My place hasn't been to speak, it's been to hunt with the pack, follow Alpha's lead, and learn from my pack-mates. I can feel my blood running hot. My passion can so quickly leap to rage.

Two legs become four and my stride never breaks as I pass the presumptuous Iminir. As I near Hector I speak one more time. <Takus>

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.