Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Loyalty Is,) Funderland Findings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

Hours later, the Lost find themselves within the heart of their Freehold, with Bobby Flamehart with them. The Elemental's seen drawn, the flesh surrounding his coal eyes, is red, and puffy. Matching his blotchy face.

The sun was now, baking the amusement park, the sounds of children's laughter rings out, as does the sounds of their parents. The scent of fair food is cloying, and taunting, for the Lost now, have found themselves in a meeting room. Plain, white, with uncomfortable office chairs, and two large folding tables, attempting to make a single long meeting table.

Months ago this room had been the one the Wizened women had come and begged the Lost to find her husband, and now, with Bobby sitting there, his heart a silhouette of fire, they were definitely making progress.

Please post your Equipment Lists!

Sonnie Wu Abyssalstar James Turner Shane Stray Bugul Vincent Titania

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Let it be known", she says breaking her awkward silence, "That I disagree with bringing a Loyalist to the heart of our very own Freehold", she gives the Elemental an apologetic look, "No offense kind Sir. But we should have at least blindfolded you"

Moleskine notebook, pencil, smartphone, makeup, pocket mirror, tote bag, Abe's flower
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Well, she got her omelette after all. Things are looking up! Food always made her feel better.

Sonnie leaned against a wall of the meeting room, right behind the Elemental, munching on the napkin-wrapped omelette with one hand, and holding her staff in the other. She kept her eyes on Robert, as no matter what, she still didn't trust him.

"He's a prisoner, Starlight. Sort of. Anyway, it'll be up to the Monarchs to decide what happens to him, and I figure some of that will depend on how cooperative he is." She paused and frowned. "Queen Anne is... really bad news. But I've never heard her to be a Loyalist. At worst, Bobby here is just working for the Autumn Queen of the San Francisco freehold." The Beast paused again. "And he killed Abe."

A sigh and the last bite of her omelette was gone. "Okay, so does someone wanna go see if the Spring Queen or one of the other monarchs are in? I think I should stay to guard Hot Stuff here."

She swung her staff into a two-handed position and waited.

"We could really use a brig, or maybe iron handcuffs..."

Equipment: Quarterstaff, 2 throwing knives (concealed), Hedgespun boots (+2 Speed), Hedgespun coin pendant (+1 Def), messenger bag, smartphone, 3 goblin fruit (2 blushberries, 1 coupnettle tea), and a to-go bag from the dinner with her bacon and hashbrowns in it.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

4. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"It's an amusement park that he explicitly named...what would that have done? This place isn't exactly Fort Knox. I understand the need for security but once the cats out of the bag is there a point?"

He liked where her head was at and maybe she hadn't heard him say he wasn't part of the Funderland crew, meaning that the heart of their Freehold was a known variable but that was a problem for tomorrow.

"I mean you could have contacted the Monarchs on our drive up, what point is there to sit and wait even longer for them? We're just having a conversation so let us keep having our conversation."

To express that point he took a seat to the right of Robert, leaning forward onto the table forearms resting on the edge as he offered a sympathetic smile to the man.

"So why don't you start at the beginning? Tell us about Queen Anne, what you're doing for her, and why. I've caught you in a lie once already, please don't do so again."

Because neither of us are going to like the consequences.

Goes by the name: John

6. Likes liked this post

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul dislikes Titania's crudeness.

"So you have a blemish after all,"
    he says, "Killing one of your courtiers doesn't make a man a loyalist. Many kill. Even more take what is not theirs, even if that is people. This man did neither with his heart, which is why he is so pained. He did it because of fear."

There were worse than Robert in every court of the seasons, even if they had not yet come to Sacramento. The True Fae counted people of all sorts among their enemies, even some of the worst people imaginable.

Then a thought and a grumble as the Goatman shook his head.

"No. Your Court is too close to this from Abe's death. Even now his death impacts you, your hearts are clear,"
    Bugul says, "This requires as neutral a hand as our home can provide. I will not leave this man alone... but someone should bring the Director. His presence would serve us best and one of your leaders should at least bear witness."

And pass judgement.

He refrained from speaking of Rhodes' season, lest it make the Fireheart in their company uneasy.

Then John begins speaking and Bugul sees no reason, though he disagrees with the sentiment that they handle this on their own. It was nothing against the Winter.

"I think one of them would want to observe,"
    he says, "but continue."

And, having said his piece, Bugul falls quiet. However, the Goatman does not budge. He remains near his self-imposed charge before leveling his eyes warily at Sonnie, the most martial of the assembled Lost.
    Bugul dislikes Titania's crudeness.

"So you have a blemish after all,"
    he says, "Killing one of your courtiers doesn't make a man a loyalist. Many kill. Even more take what is not theirs, even if that is people. This man did neither with his heart, which is why he is so pained. He did it because of fear."

There were worse than Robert in every court of the seasons, even if they had not yet come to Sacramento. The True Fae counted people of all sorts among their enemies, even some of the worst people imaginable.

Then a thought and a grumble as the Goatman shook his head.

"No. Your Court is too close to this from Abe's death. Even now his death impacts you, your hearts are clear,"
    Bugul says, "This requires as neutral a hand as our home can provide. I will not leave this man alone... but someone should bring the Director. His presence would serve us best and one of your leaders should at least bear witness."

And pass judgement.

He refrained from speaking of Rhodes' season, lest it make the Fireheart in their company uneasy.

Then John begins speaking and Bugul sees no reason, though he disagrees with the sentiment that they handle this on their own. It was nothing against the Winter.

"I think one of them would want to observe,"
    he says, "but continue."

And, having said his piece, Bugul falls quiet. However, the Goatman does not budge. He remains near his self-imposed charge before leveling his eyes warily at Sonnie, the most martial of the assembled Lost.

8. Likes , Vincent liked this post
    Bump Vincent "Bump" this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

An exquisite passion for theatrics, this whole motley seemed to share. Especially the Satyr, who's calling her rude after having offered his neck to a potential enemy and having invited such enemy into somebody else's home.
    But again... Beasts
    Did they have much in the matter of evidence other than Abe's dead body and the words of the freshly arrived winter? Not according to her.
    Even more so, she stares wide-eyed at the Goatman. Was it really necessary to repeat the same thing twice? Added emphasis, maybe?

At that point she decides to distance herself from her "peers". She has a flower to plant. And so she searches for a suitable patch of land.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-06 01:47:35 Titania rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 4, 9, 2, 6, 10, 6 2 successes

Moleskine notebook, pencil, smartphone, makeup, pocket mirror, tote bag, Abe's flower
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

0 Scenes

Bobby snorts, a mote of smoke is exhaled through his nostril. Coal eyes, meeting Bugul's, before switching to Titania's. Nodding with James. "I was the one who asked to be brought here. It's not like Funderland's a secret to any Lost who comes through Sacramento."

"Really bad news doesn't even cover it." He sinks into the uncomfortable chair, "You're not gonna kill me, and...Allie'd not want me to do it myself, so." he stops, "I told you I'd tell you what I know. But it sounds like Mai Ling here, knows Anne. Or of her. With you this close to the Bay....shouldn't you all know her?" he shakes his head. "She pledged we - Allie'd be safe. But my heartsworn is dead now, she broke faith with me, and I ain't braking my word for any of this." he says, looking each of the Lost in the eye.

"Now, do you want to call in the Emerald Monarch, or whoever this Director person is?" Bobby asks.

Titania will need to leave the meeting room, and exit the building that houses the meeting room to reach the outdoors, If she does go outside, she spies squares of greenery already holding tries of bushes, adding some of the outdoors into the more concrete and metal fixtures that made up the amusement park.

I assume you didn't mean to repeat your post Stray ? If you didn't mean to, and also want me to, I can edit the post

You can try to call Rhodes, Circe or Sera, but they will not be able to answer as they are currently in the Hedge as part of this plot, you'll be able to reach them when their scene wraps

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie was content to let Titania mourn in her own way, and let Bugul and John keep the Elemental talking.

Meanwhile, she took out her phone and dialed up Sera.

No answer.

Hmm, okay. Let's try Rhodes.

No answer.

Maybe they were... 'busy?' Heh heh heh.

Alrightie, let's go for Circe!

No answer.

What the crap, man?

"They might be in a Hollow," she guessed out loud. With a sigh, she left a text for her Queen Seraphina assuming the Nix text back when she was available.

Hey! Found dood who KNEW Abe @ motel! Call back soon plz!

The phone slipped back into her pocket and resumed her stance, ready to clock Robert in the back of his skull if he did anything she didn't like. To her Winter and Courtless allies, she spoke.

"I wasn't there too long. The locals taught me the basics of Lost life after I came crawling out of the Hedge. Swore me into the Spring Court. After that I took off. What I heard about Anne was one reason. She's the former Autumn Queen of the city. She'd do shitty stuff like force people into Pledges, make them her spies in other motleys and Courts.

"I also heard she makes Fetches, but for her own uses. Not for, like a Keeper.

"Supposedly, she had this bigass Ogre bodyguard. Real scary one. Um, name was something-Meg. Peg Leg Meg? No... Iron Meg! That's it."

The monkey shrugged, "Mind you, I haven't been in San Francisco in a couple years. My info could be out of date by now."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

12. Likes liked this post

Correct. Copy pasta was not my friend Saber Sloth if you'd be willing that's fine, but Titania has already posted her reaction. Therefore, for continuity, I'm willing to explain it away as a lapse of Bugul's low clarity if needed.

14. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He listened to both of them, leaning back in his seat as he looked back and forth between Sonnie and Robert. They were the ones with all the information after all. Normally he’d want Sonnie to sit but being the Claviger here she needed to be ready for anything. Robert was passive for now, it was the for now that he was worried about.

Honestly, he couldn’t find any fault in the Autumn Queen’s tactics. Seemed very winter, have your eyes and ears everywhere so you knew the truth of the matter. He assumed hers was to keep her populace scared and on edge, always ready for what was to come.

Then she mentioned fetches.

She made fetches. Only they made fetches. Respect turned sour rather quickly at that.

“Does Iron Meg happen to use an abundance of cold iron? I imagine these tactics are why she’s the former Autumn queen. I can only guess at where she learned to make fetches.

“What exactly did you pledge because it sounds like she pledged to protect you and did nothing to uphold the bargain. Sounds like you were left out to dry. I respect that you want to keep your word, your word is important. But we’re going to need more information if we’re going to help.”

Goes by the name: John

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread