Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Sanctuary (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg - Page 7
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 2, 2020 : (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
(2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
Jan 2, 2020 - Jan 31, 2020
(2001) Shamans Circle
Jan 17, 2020 - Feb 9, 2020
(2001) Warlock Welcoming
Jan 18, 2020 - Jan 29, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Morgan

PRE

"Yeah, uh, for the moment, I'm just like all these other new folks. Tryna get my green card, all that jazz. Official permission to set up shop, et cetera, et cetera," Morgan said, looking around the room.

"Is there a test? Do I need to recite my Atlantean alphabet backwards, or something? I mean, you're the exutive branch, right?" she continued, looking to Campanella .

"You building walls, or can I get that Ack?"

2. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's like watching a bunch of geeks trying to get their lanyards to get into a Star Something convention.

Or baby birds waiting for mama to throw up in their mouths.

Either way? Yeah. Councilors and maybe a Herald might be a good thing. That or just chalking a circle on the floor labeled 'Newbies' and handling them all at once. Look around, kids. These are the friendlies. Anyone else is trouble. Shodan's two for two now. Who would have though Caballing was a good idea? He can't agree, though, or even put his own name out there because it'll beg the question of why not give it a go with the other guy talking about cabals. Talk about awkward. No, lightning isn't going to strike twice for this little chinchilla but he's still got his druthers.

Libertines aren't on the list.

"Can you?" he asked suddenly. "Recite the Atlantean alphabet backwards."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, , Cayce liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Briar Rose might have frowned. Scratch the might have and add a brow furrow. "Was...that...it?" she asks after she got a mega watt smile, but a tepid welcome and the verbal, er hand gesture-ly version of an eye roll. "Am I uh, good....?" she gets out still, uh, puzzled. Yeah. Lets go with puzzled, she'd heard things about Sactown, but this wasn't it. Or maybe it was, but hmmm

Strangling her running thoughts. She didn't actually know who could. Y'know.

Hello?

Shaking her head, and decidedly not thinking thoughts, she lobs a finger in the boy'slad'sinnocently awkward bean's directions. "Like, uh." question unasked, as Briar Rose can't help but snort out a laugh as Morgan words her way through things. With as much grace and eloquence as Briar knew dwelt deep within the other women.

Briar was so proud. She might shed a tear.

The Shaman snorts, laughing, light and happy as the sandy mop headed dude steals the words right out of her mouth. Or, well a variation. Theme was still on point. So she really doesn't have to ask, but she moves closer and nods, a smile on her face aimed at her sister, before she gives a brief pause, and flashes a thumbs up towards Phoenyx . Good work out buddies were hard to find. Briar wondered how high she could get the women to flyclimb...

A beat to two, or maybe until a lull, wait. Yeah right.

"So, uh, correct me if I'm wrong but this some BSing meeting that wasn't scheduled but some Enchanter probably wove just to hear the yelling and cackle?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

6. Likes Cayce, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella was watching the conversation ebb and flow once more.

"That is a good point," he said as much to himself as anyone else.

The Hierarch straightened and inclined his head formally towards each of the newcomers. He raised his voice as well, so that it cut over the general din of the Awakened chatter.

"Magus Pixel, Magus Morgan, Magus Briar Rose - you are now recognised members of this here Consilium. The Hierarch also recognises the return of Magus Aurora."

The Hierarch also lifts his hand, carefully, to his face in an attempt to dab away the wry smile that sprang there from the Angel Star word's.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes Ruach, Cayce, liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Was it the new year, the calm before the storm, or that the Hierarch's bet had truly paid off? It remained that they hadn't enjoyed an atmosphere this convivial since ages ago.
    "Cabals", it's all he says. It was a thorny issue; people could get ideas.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Neato.

Papilio seemed content to be silent for the moment and Pixel wasn't ready to talk cabals quite yet. The simple fact was he didn't know anyone in the room, and there were a few people he'd be happy to have some distance from. So, with nothing else to do he simply turned his attention to Briar Rose.

"Was that a question?"
    His finger wiggles like a mirror of her own as he walks over. "I think we're done with the yelling if you want to switch to the cackle part of the night."

11. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as Campanella mentioned a Mysterium meeting. She was eager to explore that more and see if her talents could be put to use.

“I’ll look forward to it.” She says to him. “And maybe a day spent cleaning as an Order would be good.” Get to know each other and all that fun stuff.

Academically minded? First time she’s heard that as part of a criteria for a Cabal. But, whatever worked for him. Speaking of Cabals, she had some questions about that, but not here. Not knowing if her old Cabal still stood or not and all.

There was a hint of a smirk at Phoenyx’s offer. She remembered the last time she tried that. Complete failure. This Shaman could not fight. "Think we both remember how I failed at that." a slight chuckle.

And like that, she was recognized once again. Not by the one she thought was Councilor, but by Campanella. Seemed that Shaman meeting was going to have to happen. Figure this all out.

13. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

A training in meditation...

eyebrows raised and lowered as he studied Phoenyx briefly and then eye's unfocused as he was lost in thought.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Morgan

PRE

Could she recited the Atlantean Alphabet backwards? Hell yeah she could. Fuckin' initiates play.

"Oh, you wanna test me, eh?" Morgan replied to Star , eyes lighting up misheviously.

"Here we go!"

But then Morgan paused, brow furrowing, and stammered out a few words in reverse-alphabetical order, then stopped.

"Fuck. Nope. Guess I should feel lucky you didn't test me. But hey, anyone wanna start an Atlantean study group, while we're at it?"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-22 00:57:00 Morgan rolls 3 to Recite the Atlantean Alphabet Backwards (int+occult-3diff) (10 Again) 6, 1, 4 failure

16. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

The Obrimos experiences more than consciously registers the conversation around him, before his mind latches on to something peculiar the boss man said.

What's a good point? What he said? Phoenyx? Someone else? Or is Campy just fucking with them, playing some cryptic mind game?

It quickly ceases to matter as the mystagogue gets all official and lo and behold, they have four more brothers and sisters in their little covenant. And one of them just said something that picks his interest. Shodan's eyes turn to Morgan just as she finishes her attempt at speaking conversational Atlantean.

"I don't know if you're joking or not" This whole recitation thing started out as a joke, remember "but I'll bite. Atlantis is not my primary focus of study, but I'd be happy to tag along"

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread