Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Sanctuary (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg - Page 3
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 2, 2020 : (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
(2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
Jan 2, 2020 - Jan 31, 2020
(2001) Shamans Circle
Jan 17, 2020 - Feb 9, 2020
(2001) Warlock Welcoming
Jan 18, 2020 - Jan 29, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima smiles at the young man with hope and mouth agape. Could it be? Another scientist, another scholar in the making?! He puts arm around the "boy's" shoulders and whispers in his ear. From his pocket he produces an onion, and attempts to rub it atop Pixel's eyebrows, granting him Second Sight.

"Now my dear friend, I'm so excited to share my knowledge with you. I've recently been working with practitioners of Twilight as I prefer to call it, death sounds so dreary. And, if you look at her Imago now, thank you Morgan for this opportunity, you'll see that it doesn't quite reach the realm of spirit. It's hazy, it's squiggles, that's a term right it down, are undefined. It is curious how it does't leave a taste in the air, but if it'd been more vulgar it might have, and it takes a measure of concentration and effort to clearly make out each of the parts of the Imago to properly begin identifying the spell, but unlike any of the others reality warping, Twilight is so very close to the Spirit that we can see it wandering around in the spirit world, almost like a ghost trapped in twilight when you in a haunted house at midnight, making it quite obvious that it's of Twilight or Death for the uninitiated, speaking of haunted houses at midnight, I've recently been studying one such haunted location, a hospital not a house, with my mastigos friend Papillio over there." He pauses to point and wave to Papillo. "We ran into a rather interesting article that we wish to study further and then return to the hospital, I'd be delighted if you'd be willing to join us!" All settled in his mind, he [strike]wanders[/strike] walks over to Papi.

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-08 08:21:50 Anima rolls 6 to Grant Second Sight (10 Again) 10, 5, 5, 2, 1, 9, 1 2 successes
    2020-01-08 08:18:44 Anima rolls 6 to Scrutinize (10 Again) 4, 9, 7, 1, 2, 9 2 successes
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Now this chick? She was interesting. And while incense wasn’t really her thing, she could respect what the girl was doing.

Morgan. Noted.

What was with the sudden uptick in people know who she was?

A slight shrug, “Guilty.” She replies, “But I’ve performed at Burning Man a few times, and have done more than a few Expos. So a good chance it was at both. And what I’ve been up to? Just traveling.” Then came the smile, “But I’m Aurora, nice to meet you.” Maybe she should perform again.

She accepts the incense, “Uh, thanks.” The thought and all that right?

A small smirk at the display, “No judgement here.” They all had those moments.

Finally, the familiar face she had hoped to see. Her face softens, the smile shyer, “Hello Hierarch, sorry I didn’t call first.” Truth be told, she needed a new cell at the time.

Winter. Ever the quiet force, and one that earned and demanded respect. So she nods her head, “Sentinel.” She remembered the meal they shared, and hoped they could talk again. His words were wise.

“Well, that’s because that really isn’t my thing.” Joke or not, no. “I expect questions, and feel free to see me out. Before I left, I was the only Shaman, so it’s good to see more.” Once he found out she was a Master of Life, she expected the questions to flow.

Smiling to Kaze, “If you need any help, let me know.” She hoped he had made progress.

“Nice to meet you Pixel.”

The look on Phoenyx worried her, what was up? “I’ll give you my new cell number, I sort of,” a pause, “lost mine.” Lost, threw out a car window, same thing.

Then the other Shaman begins to rub an, onion? On Pixel’s forehead.

She looked confused, “Uh,” she begins, “what are you doing?” who rubs onions on people? New people, without asking. “Ever hear of asking if someone wants to be touched with an onion?” if he tried to touch her with that thing, they might have another fish on their hands.

3. Likes Cayce, , Xander, West, Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nope. Stop. Red Light.

"Stranger danger!"

The words squeaked as they bellowed out across the Circle. He reflexively jerked away from Anima, stepping towards the clearly focused Arrow. He sure as hell wasn't letting Councilor Bad Touch cop a feel or rub his trash on him. As if that wasn't enough though the psycho did a cast, forcing his will on Pixel's pattern without solicitation or consent.

"Where's the Sentinel?" Eyes flicked across the mages, panic clear in his expression. "Not okay. Do not consent. Dispel now please."

Because really, what about the skittish kid said please cast on me now? First the bullshitting, and now he was trying to rub his spells and sympathy all over him? Gross.

S
    Shodan

"Okay, enough!" His voice is slightly raised, as are his hands, when Shodan looks to Anima. Okay, so maybe the Shaman's eccentricity does have a dark side.

What a circus

Something must be done before the Hierarch, Sentinel, Phoenyx or anyone else gives his fellow Libertine a dressing down. The Free Council has suffered enough blows to its image lately, and even if Shodan isn't the most respected member of the Consilium, even if he is not the FC's 'boss' by any stretch, he feels compelled to act.

"Anima, doc, you know I like you. But personal space is a thing. What would you say if people ran around your hospital's corridors, smearing unsanitary things on people?" Although slightly unhinged, Shodan thought Anima will understand a rational argument invoking his Sleeper responsibilities. Hopefully, that will be that and no more tension will arise "Sorry, Pixel" He turns to the young Warlock "That's not how we treat new people, or any people, especially if we share an Order" What the hell was Anima thinking? And he stared at the other new person, too!

Apologies and explanations dispensed, it is now time to steer everyone's attention away from this madness.

"So, anyway! Morgan, Pixel: what brings you to the capital of California?" That's about the best he can manage.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Anima Sight comes up without a hitch, but if he had been attempting to catch Morgan's Nimbus he had missed it. Her spell had not been Vulgar, anyway*.

See site notes on Paradox and Vulgar casting - house rules. ST note

7. Likes Cayce, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Well, it is good to see you back... Aurora?"

Campanella had been more interested in the return of his old Cabal mate to focus too much attention on the two newcomers; and with so many spells active, his Unseen Sense had been long overloaded - and accepted as a pleasurable buzz when in Consilium - the fits and starts of new spell workings was lost on the Hierarch.

The curious antics of the Shaman were noted. As was Pixel's reaction. Campanella found his attempt at conversation veering off course.

"Excuse me. We must talk later." Aurora's focus was already elsewhere.

He moved over to where the Warlock was standing, tracking Anima with his eyes. The Shaman was certainly eccentric. Eccentric and erratic. He didn't want to consider the other possibilities.

"I really hope that was a harmless, if uncouth, trick, Anima."

To Pixel: "Hello. Call me Campanella. I am sorry about... that." Sometimes words were not effective but standing in solidarity was.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

9. Likes Cayce, , Ruach, Xander liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

As soon as Pixel protest the Shaman ceases his spell and pulls his hands away from the young mage.

"I'm terribly sorry, I did not mean to make such untoward action. Please forgive me."
    Shocked and abashed he steps away, back towards the Libertine doorway.

ooc apology
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

11. Likes Ruach, Cayce, Xander liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

His sixth sense kicks in, the pulse in his jaw intensifies, but saner instincts prevail.
    A grunt of begrudging respect is offered to Shodan as the Libertine steps in to defuse the situation before either the Guardian or the Hierarch react and escalate.
    Anima's apology needs only to be accepted. "Forgive the doctor, he bears no ill-will. I'll dispel anything as required if necessary".

13. Likes Ruach, Cayce, Xander liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Steps come, maybe unheard under the cacophony, maybe not. Pausing for the screaming, leaving enough time for the screaming to not be. Scream-y. A head pops out from behind the wall. Pink tresses falling off the half hidden shoulder, one patch is darker then the others. "Yo." a beat, while the face, takes in a breath. "Is it safe to, y'know? she makes a walking motion with her fingers.

"Imma make one big ol'fat assumption and say it is," she says, moving from the doorway and into the space. Clothes are worn, stained and full of dust, a smattering of mud or what hopefully is mud in across her cheek.

"I'm Briar Rose. Thyrsus, and - " her eyes flickering to the Awaken falter at Aurora. "....in a blatant move to distract people from the screaming with some of my own. Well not really, but - Madison Cross, from that Sideshow circuit ya? Were you still Sleeping when you did that wicked thing with the literal circle of fire and the sword?"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-06 17:48:43 Briar Rose rolls 7 to Bendy Lady? (Wits2+Comp3+fame2) (10 Again) 3, 9, 8, 7, 3, 6, 1 2 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

15. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, Xander, Cayce liked this post

Morgan

PRE

After her ridiculous show-boaty entrance, Morgan was too busy shutting the fuck up for a minute to respond to anyone.

First there was the touchy-feely onion display. Holy fuck.

Then there was the woman that walked in next. The pink hair was different. Enough that Morgan almost mistook her for a stranger.

But that voice.

It had been years, but the sound was stuck in her ears, like a line from a song that refused to go away. And the walk, well, the walk was unmistakable. And then she was closing the distance, like a specter coming up out of the darkness, and the truth was clear. It was her. It was Peps, in the flesh.

But she seemed preoccupied, her eyes drawn to the celebrity amongst them, and Morgan had to admit that she felt relieved. She wasn't ready for a reunion yet. Not amongst all these strangers.

And that was when she remembered the man who'd spoken to her.

"Oh, you know," Morgan said to Papilio , casually walking around him so that he stood between her and the pink haired woman, "I've been around. but I spent the most time in Michigan, if that's what you were asking. What of you?"

17. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread