Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Sanctuary (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg - Page 2
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 2, 2020 : (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
(2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
Jan 2, 2020 - Jan 31, 2020
(2001) Shamans Circle
Jan 17, 2020 - Feb 9, 2020
(2001) Warlock Welcoming
Jan 18, 2020 - Jan 29, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    S
    Shodan

Oh, good. Anima is here. You could say he always makes this place a bit more... animated "Next time I'm doing a trivia night, I'm taking you with me. You'll be my secret weapon" The Shaman was eccentric, but at least it wasn't that weird drive to be "close with nature", howling at the moon and wearing skins that still drip blood and fat. Some may find it irritating, but Shodan thought it was pretty cool.

Well, make that two Shamans. Aurora instantly steals the spotlight, and her looks are not even the major part of it. From what he gathered she was a pretty important presence in the Consilium, and disappearing like she did, it was no wonder that she'd attracted interest. And the quiet and subdued greeting Kaze gives her makes Shodan aware of one more thing. The Obrimos looks to Aurora. Then Anima. Aurora again. A small smile appears.

"... or is that ex-Councilor?" The Thyrsus doctor did declare his will to lead the others of his Path. Whether they met previously and if the title was passed, Shodan did not know, but he hoped not. If there is to be a Council, one'd hope as strong a link to oneself as possible.

But that's not up to him. Papilio's entry is almost entirely ignored (he does get a smiling nod, though, Shodan is in no position to snub people right now) in favor of the jumpy new arrival "Pixel! Dig the name. I'm Shodan, Obrimos Libertine" He turns to the Arrow, but by the time he does, he already can see her back. An incredulous look appears on his face "Phoenyx! Don't be rude, the man did give you his name!" And back to Pixel "That's Phoenyx. First Talon. Contrary to the first impression she's a brilliant conversationalist, but not much for pleasantries" He feels like a museum guide describing the exhibits, and the Circle does little to dispel the impression "She's kinda right, it's not like we'll run out of rooms in this thing" The mage says as he begins to move behind her "Anyway, will you be staying longer or just passing through?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod was offered to the unremarkable guy, “Hi.” Without a name, she left it at that.

“Hey Kaze, and it’s just Aurora, but thank you. How you been? Still studying?” she hoped he was, he had sounded very dedicated to it last they spoke.

Blue eyes look to the innocent looking guy and there was a small chuckle and nod, “Been sometime since I’ve been recognized. But yeah, that’s me. And Madison is fine, it’s a stage name, so no worries.” A shrug, it was how she introduced herself when outside of here. “Perfectly ok to ask, but yah, the contortionist.” Felt good to be recognized, it had been years. And she didn’t perform anymore. “Though here, I go by Aurora, but will answer to both.” Her tone friendly enough, though a bit tired.

Then someone else she’d never seen. Had their numbers been growing in her absence? That would be great. “Hello.” Again, no name offered.

Finally Phoenyx, someone she had grown to respect. The smile returned, “Hey yourself. We should catch up sometime.” Truth be told, she wanted to talk to Phoenyx. Who had been there. Who had seen what she had done.

“Ex councilor and not a position I'm looking to have again."

3. Likes , Ruach, Xander liked this post

Morgan

PRE

The doors to the Circle were not flung wide, or opened with a bang. They were heavy as shit! It was more like someone gave up halfway through and just kind of jerked the doors open enough to let someone slip inside.

And someone did slip inside! A woman with her brown hair sculpted into a Femhawk, the sides of her head tattooed with skulls and flowers, a studded leather jacket hanging over a shirt that read "Resting Witch Face", black jeans, and leather converse sneakers. And, she came bearing gifts. About 70 sticks of incense were held in her fingers, held out before her as though they were lit.

"Hear ye, hear ye," she proclaimed, "lo, the Morgan has come before you."

But then she caught sight of Aurora.

"Oh, shit! Hold up," Morgan blurted out, dropping the act, "I know you! It was Burning Man, right? Where you had a show? Or, wait, was it the Tattoo and Piercing Expo? Damn, what you been up to?"

Then, she remembered other people were in the room.

"Oh, right, these are for yoooouuuu, and for yooouuuuu."

Everyone got a bundle of incense.

"And yes, before you ask, I'm one of you. I shall demonstrate! Don't fry me with lightning or some shit! Ok, here we go..."

The Imago formed, and then burst apart as a sneaky thought crept up on her: was it the suspension before the mage, or the mage before the suspension? She blinked, cheeks turning a bit red as she realized she actually WAS the idiot that she was pretending to be, and then held up a finger.

"Ok, I'm new, don't judge. Gimme a sec."

And with that, the Veil of Death settled upon her once more, and she was able to perceive at least one truth about the world.

3 successes, famous person!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-05 14:36:11 Morgan rolls 6 to Famous people? (wits+comp+2fame) (10 Again) 8, 7, 10, 1, 6, 8, 6 3 successes
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-05 14:44:45 Morgan rolls 5 to Grim Sight (10 Again) 4, 5, 5, 3, 7 failure
      1 success, Grim Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-05 14:45:25 Morgan rolls 4 to Grim Sight, pt 2 (gnos+death+exaff) -1 retry (10 Again) 9, 5, 1, 2 1 success

5. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Xander liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella appeared half way through Morgan's embarrassing display. The Hierarch's tread was soft an quiet, as was the sounds of his new suit. Exquisite cufflinks, chunky and glittering, gleamed in the light.

"It is good to see you all," he commented as he moved through the small crowd.

"And new faces. Welcome." A shy smile broke out across his placid features when Morgan presented her gift of incense.

"Aurora?" He paused, blinked, and came to stop.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

7. Likes Cayce, Ruach, liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

His heavy footfall echoes through the poderous structure as the Guardian - like a hunting wolf - moves swiftly toward the group.
    He notices some new faces alongside some returning ones and the Hierarch but the best of his reaction is consigned to a simple "Good".

9. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

"Aurora? I haven't seen you at any of the naked moon howling events. He offers the fellow Shaman a mirthful wink. "I'm afraid prior to your return I was the only connection this Consilium had to the primal wild. I'll do my best not to bore you with trivial questions, but I hope I can count on your wisdom in the future should I seek you out for advice."

His attention to turns to Morgan's entry. "Ah, yes another Awakened."

He approaches her, but completely ignores the mage, pulling out a tape measure and taking weird measurements where her Imago had been. He licks the air once, twice. "Death."

With that simple statement he smiles to Morgan as if just noticing her.

"Why hello!"
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

11. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze winces just a little at Phoenyx's hard look.

He nods at Aurora, "Yes, I am. It's like they say, the more I study, the more there is to learn." Kaze says with a slightly rueful smile.

Kaze smiles again at Pixel, "Hi 'Pixel'. I'm 'Kaze'." He says. "Obrimos".

He hears out Morgan's introduction and smiles and nods in friendly acknowledgement. He nods also to the Hierarch's general greeting and the Sentinel's arrival.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

P
    Papilio

None of the new mages' entrances were... QUITE as flashy as 'The Morgan.' The bundle of incense was certainly not unfamiliar to the Papilio, reminding him too much of old Mysterium libraries back home- he had been growing a tad homesick.

She was certainly an exuberant individual, and with her words Papilio likely failed to notice much of the older members. The fact that, according to Anima, her little expression had been Death-based also added to things. The Mastigos' own experience with the Arcana certainly made him interested in this newcomer's views.

"Ah, a pleasure to meet you the Morgan. Where have you come from?" She'd mentioned what sounded like some magical gathering or other- Papilio wasn't knowledgeable enough about American mage customs yet.

One of the new arrivals seemed to be a familiar face, though Papilio felt it best to let them reunite with the rest of the older Consilium. The nod from Shodan was acknowledged. As was Winter's arrival- though, any Guardian's presence might be (particularly one that had just recently participated in a duel).

The Tamer saw fit to just hang back for now- wait to see what the Hierarch would announce this time around, if anything.

14. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pixel nods and follows Phoenyx's lead, waving sheepishly to Papilio.

"I'm Pixel, Mastigos and Free Councilor." All smiles here. Totally moving on from what he just said. "Shodan like that search engine thing or the creepy lady from that old computer game?"

Though perhaps talks of shadow names would wait, as more people poured in. "Cool!" Was his one word to Madison. Maybe they could talk more another time though, as another newcomer announces herself. Her gift of smelly stuff is accepted, though not without a look of discomfort. He didn't like super smelly things, and it didn't help that this smelly thing was handed out by hand. Meaning someone else's sympathy was going to be all over it. Meaning he was going to have to use some supernal Windex to clean these things before taking them back to the dorm. Wait, was incense allowed? No? Well happy new year to the Libertines then!

More unfamiliar faces entered, and Pixel waved with the same timidity to each."I'm Pixel, Warlock of the Assembly."

Finally his attention turned to Anima.

"How can you tell?" Eyes focused on the man exclusively. "Did you scrutinize or...?"

Pixel didn't see it if he had. So the man either made something up on the spot or had some super technique Pixel was definitely curious about. Given that he was measuring where the glyph was and not staring at where it still is, he figured he knew the answer. Just time to see if the Councilor would say it.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Vincent, Cayce, liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There is the sound of movement. From those in the room, Phoenyx has put on the lights and pulled out the incense the Hierarch normally uses to set the tone of the room. It looks ready to begin

She has taken up her usual spot, against the wall so she can see those that come in and those in the room with clarity.

As Morgan enters, she cocks her head slightly, Interesting. The insence is taken smelled softly, then added into an inside pocked of the coat.

Winter and the Hierarch are each given respectful nods as they enter. Aroura is given a tiny smile, though the Arrow also looks a little... lost? "I... would like that. I will make the time, soon."

With noting much to say to the newer members, she lapses back into silence.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

18. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread