(1912) Winter Pledges

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul granted a slight smile to the Flowering in turn. As Rhodes explained his new turn, the Goatman even chuckled.

"I like you," he says plainly at the conclusion.

"This suits well and let it be known to wandering ears, seen and unseen, that Anatole and I take this deeper pledge willingly," Bugul said. The Lost of the Courts were in the right not to trust him, but Bugul was within his own right to prove their caution foolish in his regard.

Finally releasing Rhodes hand so that he may take the one Anatole has offered, Bugul finds himself nodding to the words of the Burned Dwarf.

"Let it be," he repeats, "Our roots will be made deeper for it."

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

Remember folks to Seal the Pledges and post them in the Pledges Past and Current Just to make sure the Wyrd hears and binds,

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Stray liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

(Activate the Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Excellent." Rhodes gives Anatole a smile, Verdant eyes darting around the fierce look on the dwarf's face.

The breeze gently whispers again, ut the Dread Lord is smiling still, and nods in agreement with Bugul. "I must admit, I find this most delightful. It's been a while since anyone fancied themselves as wary as you, as in touch with their Fear. I find it refreshing that someone else realises the simple truth - that we are never truly safe." It didn't seem like a treat, just the Dread Lord wanting to press a little more unease into the atmosphere.

"Well then, gentlefolk." He clears his throat, feeling the Wyrd flow into the words. The Flowers on his temples bloom and pulse alongside the feeling. "May we three that stand here swear on what we value as true, whatever that may be - the Higher Power to which we hold - that we will not knowingly serve the Gentry or their agents in any way, nor will we seek to bring physical harm to each other or members of the Freehold of Sacramento. We swear this Oath for one turn of the seasons, and the boon of rising fortunes will be ours while we hold true. But should this word we break, we will be cursed in word and deed, 'til the Spring Equinox comes." He looks to Bugul and Anatole before him, waiting upon their word.

The Flowering was a Fairest. Presentation was everything.

Pledge: Oath on the Name of a Higher Power
    Task: Lesser Forbiddance (will not serve the Gentry or their agents, nor harm each other or Freehold members)
    Boon: Lesser Blessing (Resources)
    Sanction: Medial Curse (success on 9&10 only)
    Duration: Medial (Season)

Urgh, sorry for the delay. Work is super busy.
    Saber Sloth , will this pledge be from today or the day of the Winter Solstice?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

This is apart of a Sticky'd scene, so it will take place on the Winter Solstice.

Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul breathes deep before exhaling, the woody vines growing from his form shifting lightly in anticipation as Rhodes relays the pledge.

"I, once the mortal Theodore Walton now the Beast called Bugul, swear to this pledge in the name of the Thousand Voices," he says, his tone sincere and a tad grim, easily conveying his seriousness.

9. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Formality was it? Maybe Bugul was willing to divulge his name from before, but the dwarf was not.

"I, the Wizened Smith who goes by the name of Anatole Kulowksi, do swear to this pledge in the name of Justice, to which I still hold."

Justice and Law. The Durance had not robbed him of that, not yet. He still clung to the notion he would find the person who sent him to that place and visit Justice upon them. One day. Some how.

11. Likes Xadun, Stray, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes holds a sinister smile as he feels the power of the Wyrd bind the three of them together. The winds breeze away from him ruffling the surrounding area sending tiny spiraling leaves into the air.

"Marvellous. Thank you both. A small matter, but an important one. Lastly, these." The Flowering offers two business cards in a simple cream, with a cellphone number adorned with a single gold maple leave in the corner. "Should you find you require assisance, or something the Freehold should know, we like to relay information as quickly as possible." An arm getures to the sparsely-attended gathering behind him. "Please, enjoy," He inclines his head to Bugul and turns to face the dwarf.

"Anatole, since you intend to stay a while, perhaps you would care for join me in the new year, once you are settled. Though the Courts here are small, those of us that oversee them take our responsibilities to our colleagues seriously." Again with the charming smile.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole's eyes flickered and closed briefly as the Wyrd shivered down his spine. He raised a bushy eyebrow as he was offered Rhodes' business card, but he took it without complaint.

The expression remained as Rhodes addressed him personally. A smile creaked across his features - just deep enough to cut through the dwarf's white beard - and was about as false and cynically twisted as Rhodes' was predatory.

"I would be happy to, Dread Lord. Anything I can do for my Court."

Networking. Establishing a network of favours owed and pending. If he was to stay, Anatole believed he had to establish a new ledger for himself.

Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien

PRE

One of the Goatman's hands, weathered from a lifetime spent in the wilds of a world not meant for Men, took the Ashen Lord's gift. Examining it, the Beast soon tucks it into his pocket.

Granting a nod at the obvious dismissal, Bugul's slow gaze looks upon those assembled as a low grumble sounds within his throat.

"I shall not keep you," Bugul says, "but it seems the children of Winter choose not to afford their presence. My purpose is done and I am known. In this the night closes and dreams beckon."

Looking back to his brief companions he offers a small smile.

"Well wishes to your harvest until next we meet," he offers. With that, Bugul slips on his jacket and makes a move for the exit.

Bugul returns to the main thread

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods. "Excellent, excellent. Well, don't let me keep you from intermingling with the others. I'm sure you want to get to know those in the freehold."

Bugul is watched carefully watched as he makes to leave. "And you, Bugul. May those loyal to the Fae never catch your scent."

As the Goat man leaves, Rhodes looks to Anatole again. "Interesting fellow, isn't he?"

The Dread Lord returns to the Party.

Rhodes returns to the main thread.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread