Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Plots and PrPs

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 26 of 29 First ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Last

Puck Scenes

Hey folks. As promised here are some of the plot ideas I've been brewing up. I'll be running up to two of them, so long as at least 2 people sign up for them. When you pick your plots, please also include any personal/emotional triggers you don't want in the story. WoD is a horror setting and I'm 100% trying to scare and gross you out, but not to the point it's ooc upsetting and you don't want to play. If you aren't comfortable posting these triggers here, feel free to include them on your character sheets or DM me in discord.

The Matriarch

Stories of missing persons have been reported in south Sacramento for weeks. It was pretty normal stuff until one of the people showed up recently dead and carved up. Bits were missing, it made the news, a story was even published in the Sacramento Bee. The reporter who published the story joined the ranks of the missing two days ago, and Puck is looking for people brave enough to go asking around for her.

This is primarily an investigative plot that is very likely to end in combat. Story hooks include: body horror, summoners, murder mysteries.

Whispered Invocation

Emails have been circulating for a closed beta on a new MMORG called Whispered Invocation. Based in Sacramento, this occult adventure features magical artifacts, liches, and scelesti. It actually sounded like a real tour of the left handed path. Concerning, given that mages are learning about it from sleeper acquaintances.

This is a social/mental investigative plot. Combat is not required, though failure may require it. Story hooks include: computers, the abyss, veil breaches.

Troubled Travelers

A note is apportated to the Circle of Creation. A cabal of libertines and mystagogues called the Collectors is requesting Hospitality from the River City Concilium. In their adventures gathering magic items, libraries, and grimoires of every imaginable flavor (or so they claim) they've come to Sacramento seeking refuge from a group of mages that've been following them. In exchange for safety and assistance, they offer to trade with those who assist them. Or to return more frequently to do so. Oh, and the letter is signed Myrddin Emrys.

This is an investigative plot that could go different ways based on player actions. Story hooks include: magic items, the lex magica, possibly-fragile soul jars.

As a note, items in the plot are available but will still need to be purchased with XP to keep.
    Last edited by Xander; Nov 9th, 2022 at 06:08 PM.  Reason for Edit: Added note on purchasing items
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Definitely want Moira in "Whispered Invocations" I mean.. .she's a game designer for heavens sake! And I'd also be up for "The Matriarch"

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Witch I think could fit in either Whispered Invocation (Abyss and veil breaches? Guardian definitely gonna wanna poke) or The Matriarch (death and murder for the Moros plz)

5. Likes pisces liked this post

Belle would be up for Matriarch (a fun test of Virtue) or Troubled Travelers (tickle the artifact pickle).

7. Likes pisces liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

Matriarch sounds like having an Arrow around would be handy, so Phoenyx would want to go along with folks on that.

If that's full, Troubled Travellers would be a second choice.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

9. Likes pisces liked this post

Apollo is easy and will do any of them. I'm pretty sure moira or Puck would drag him along to either of theirs.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

11. Likes pisces liked this post

Puck Scenes

It looks like we'll be starting with the Matriarch and Whispered Invocation.

The Matriach

Characters- Phoenyx (@Xadun), Moira (@Pisces), Apollo (@Matt), Belle (@Boxingunicorn)

I'll get this thread up after dinner tomorrow!

Whispered Invocation

Characters- Moira (@Pisces), Witch (@Deltadream), Apollo (@Matt)

I wanted this to be a bit open ended, so we can start this a few different ways. You can talk to someone who got invited to play the game, or we can assume it was easy enough for the mages to get an invitation forwarded from one of their acquaintances. Or plan C if you you have one. Just let me know the physical space you want to meet up at (The Circle will be occupied for the Matriarch intro) and what you want to do, and I'll get the scene up tomorrow.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Happy New Year everyone

I am looking to resume the below plot. Witch was involved with the first part and hopefully will be involved in this part too.

Where we left off... the team split... Puck taking a more detailed magical view at the situation and will no doubt have an info dump for anyone joining. Witch and Corn visited the president of the Chess Club (Currently it seems to be all male members of the Chess club that have gone missing) and discovered that not everything was as it seemed. It seems that the Chess club have been dabbling in the occult and in what must be a billion to one chances managed to open a gate that summoned... something.

Will the team find the missing students? Are they even still alive? Will they manage to stop whatever it is that has been summoned.

I am looking for between 2 to 5 people to resume and finish this PRP. Let me know if interested.

Over the past three weeks there have been reports of students from Sacramento City College going missing, 5 in total. Current investigations by the local police have all led to dead ends. The students all male have disappeared without a trace, the only linking factor is each of their rooms was found with the same greetings card which contains a picture of a cartoon rabbit holding a heart with the text on it that says "Eat your heart out" inside the card it says "Thanks for a great night, can't wait to see you again. XOXO K"

The latest disappearance was reported earlier this morning and it is the hot topic on campus. Students are worried, several rumours about what is going on is circulating around campus.

The plot is designed for between 2 to 5 players (if anyone wants to take part) and will take between 2 and 4 scenes depending on how the group solve the problem. The plot will be an investigation and once they have managed to find out what is causing the disappearances will move into a solution to the problem. The solution may be combat, which will be scaled to the number of players. However, that is not set it stone as it depends on which route the group take.

If you are interested please post here, if we have to wait a while for people to have a scene free that is cool with me. If you want any further information feel free to ask.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Happy New Year everyone

I am looking to resume the below plot. Witch was involved with the first part and hopefully will be involved in this part too.

Where we left off... the team split... Puck taking a more detailed magical view at the situation and will no doubt have an info dump for anyone joining. Witch and Corn visited the president of the Chess Club (Currently it seems to be all male members of the Chess club that have gone missing) and discovered that not everything was as it seemed. It seems that the Chess club have been dabbling in the occult and in what must be a billion to one chances managed to open a gate that summoned... something.

Will the team find the missing students? Are they even still alive? Will they manage to stop whatever it is that has been summoned.

I am looking for between 2 to 5 people to resume and finish this PRP. Let me know if interested.
    I'll gladly throw Belle into the ring unless there aren't any spots left.

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Definitely down to have Witch continue being involved in this plot.

Page 26 of 29 First ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Last
+ Reply to Thread