Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Plots and PrPs

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 30 of 30 First ... 20 26 27 28 29 30

Plot updates:

Die you live fast: 2/4 participants (invite only)

Fallen power: 1/4 Participants (Open!)

Squeaky Choir: 4/4 Participants (Full)

------------------------------------------------------

Personal plots are open with the following criteria:

●Submit what you want to me (are you after a Grimoire? an artefact? lore? Sleepwalkers or other mystics?) on your character sheet and I'll look it over.

●If your request is approved You need to recruit at least 1 fellow mage IC to do whatever it is you are after (Bribe, beg, threaten, steal their soul stone if that's what it takes). But you must have a buddy.

●Once you have your buddy let me know and I'll then write something and begin the plot within a few days.

---------------------------------------------------------

Leylines and hallows (update!)

So mapping an entire city is a task that if we wanted to do it street by street would be impossible, yet should feel like it needs some serious commitment to complete. It was agreed in April's Consilium that the city would be sectioned up and explored what I suggest is the following:

A number of Short episodic adventures in each area, once a sufficient number in area are complete the map is deemed suitably filled in to be workable (not ironclad) , I was also thinking this might be a great way to get some PrP experience in, if you've wanted to give running one ago but are not sure how you would handle a full length adventure why not try writing and running (after submitting it to me of course) a short one scene scenario.

The areas I propose carving the city into for exploring would be (I just consulted google maps):
    Natomas: 0/5
    North Sacramento: 0/5
    East Sacramento: 0/5
    West Sacramento: 0/5
    South Sacramento: 0/5
    Riverview: 0/5
    Florin: 0/5
    Rosemont: 0/5
    Arden-Arcade: 0/5
    Midtown: 0/5
    Downtown: 0/5

-------------------------------------------
    And don't forget if you want certain types of plot e.g. horror, mystery, combat focused be sure to let me know!
    Reuban Brigh

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)
    Twist Scenes

Xisdor Fedup

I'm down to have Witch rejoin the DYLF plot. I would suggest a new thread though, rather than jumping into Taking Stock. It looks like there are only 9 days left on that. So if Philip Crosen and Corn want to wrap that scene up in that time, with ReubanBrightwood 's approval I will work on a glimpse for notebook investigations / re-reading the plot threads Witch was in to re-familiarize myself.

3. Likes Fedup, liked this post

Okay Corn and Philip can finish up any research/ planning they want to make over the next few days then we'll get a scene up for all three of you to move things forward.

Delatdream

Witch had 2 plot relevant clues. -- She had a phone she had found at the club after following resonance clues via grim sight. Once charged it was still locked but an alert on the phone said an appointment at middle way counselling 5pm (this opportunity has been missed) -- To get into the phone you would need to guess the password on very limited information: Intelligence + investigation -5 for incomplete clues (1 hour per roll). OR if you have the means you can try and bypass the password with a Intelligence + computer +the equipment modifier of what ever you use to do so roll (30 minutes per roll). -- Once in the phone an extended Intelligence + Academics would yield more information.

Witch also had the thin diary retrieved from Mothisa apartment written Sanskrit. Translating a language you don't speak is difficult. Intelligence+ academics -3 (providing she can find suitable material to work from in the first place, the public library should work well enough for her purposes). -- Target number 4 suxx. If she gets suxx less then the target she can still try a research roll using the scraps she did manage with a penalty equal to the number of suxx under the target she is. If she gets an E-suxx she can have a +2 to the research roll to find relevant information.

(relevant contacts/allies can be used in place of rolling for things like getting into the phone or translating the diary if she has them, and of course she can use relevant magic.)
    Reuban Brigh

Twist Scenes

I think we are good to open another thread to bring all of us up to speed. Xisdor deltadream
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

apart from that one really important piece of information I've asked for, where are you going next? answer in the scene!

then I'll get it open.
    Reuban Brigh

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)
    Twist Scenes

Witch had 2 plot relevant clues. -- She had a phone she had found at the club after following resonance clues via grim sight. Once charged it was still locked but an alert on the phone said an appointment at middle way counselling 5pm (this opportunity has been missed) -- To get into the phone you would need to guess the password on very limited information: Intelligence + investigation -5 for incomplete clues (1 hour per roll). OR if you have the means you can try and bypass the password with a Intelligence + computer +the equipment modifier of what ever you use to do so roll (30 minutes per roll). -- Once in the phone an extended Intelligence + Academics would yield more information.
    ReubanBrightwood

What would qualify as "means" for bypassing the password? Witch does have dots in Computer and is willing to blow a Saturday punching buttons. But I feel like the note about equipment modifier means some tech or magic is called for. Which she does not have.

Just looking to see if I can do a follow up glimpse or if I should close it and wait for the rendezvous with other plot participants.

My understanding would be the equipment in this case would be software that automatically tries preprogramed password lists, viruses designed to brute force protection like this, etc (I Reuban know very little of computers and technology in general) she might not have any of that but nothing stops her punching buttons for an effective equipment modifier of +/-0 (the phone itself is not damaged in anyway as to prevent or impeded function so no penalty either)

You can do the follow up glimpse
    Reuban Brigh

Page 30 of 30 First ... 20 26 27 28 29 30
+ Reply to Thread