Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Halloween Clinic - Page 6
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Halloween Clinic

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    P
    Papilio

Dangerous yes, but often saddening- how many ghosts ended up. That what was once human in shape and behavior could be shaped into something so disheartening... Papilio wanted to believe it was genuine, it's current behavior. The Paradox he'd invoked had been worrying at first, but the ghost seemed to actually be listening now. But first a few quick words behind him.

"Everyone ok back there? I know that might have been quite the fright." Never looking away from the entity- not wanting to lose the chance they had. It was speaking. That was a good sign.

"I can help you- We can help you. But we need to know more. Do you know what's keeping you here? Your name? Do you... Know where you are?" what you are. That's the question he wanted to refrain from asking for now- if the ghost's mind was shattered he could heal it, help it pass on- maybe learn something in the process.

Alternatively, the worst case-scenario involved Papilio finding the anchor and transfering it- relocating the ghost somewhere else until a more permanent solution could (hopefully) be uncovered before the spell wore off.

My apologies, thanks for clarifying!

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima pauses, listening to Papi question the ghost and waits for the answer.

-1 mana, sorry i’ll update my signature when I get to stable WiFi
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Mobius as well waits to see what magic Papilio can work here. Still very much working up her nerve. "Pepper spray doesn't work on ghosts.. does it?" she asks Anima, rhetorically.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Can't get out! Can't get out! Can't breathe! Stuck! Oh God, I'm stuck!"

The ghost remains where it is, standing in front of Papilio. It has returned to a human shape but muddy ichor still bubbles from its mouth and cakes its lips. Dust still slough's off of its rags.

The ghost speaks in a flat, raspy, whisper.

P
    Papilio

Apparently not. Though the ghost seemed to be more reciprocal to things... But not entirely there. It seemed aware that it was trapped, but it's responses... Did the ghost understand it's fate? Papilio was unsure, and with no attempts to persuade it working so far... All Papilio had left was one very simple course of action, albeit one with mixed results.

"Get ready to run, if need be." Spoken behind him. He still felt uneasy about this place- and the mirror behind him.

A simple spell, to allow him contact- as Papilio was as of yet incapable of doing this without it. But it also left him vulnerable... The spell went through, and a deep breath. He'd done this before, of course- but it was nonetheless at least somewhat unpleasant.

"Lost One. I want to help you.... Forgive me if this brings unpleasantness- but please, let me." He reached forward, risking the Paradox...

...And wincing lightly in pain as one occurred- choosing to take it within himself. The spell continued, his hand extended to touch the Ghost, preparing to feel it's unnaturally cold skin.

If the Ghost's mind was lost and broken, the spell might heal it- and the Ghost, hopefully, would remember enough to inform them.

Healing the Dead Mind "brings a ghost to a level of self-awareness at which it can remember how it died (if it was in a position to know) and what has happened to it since its death. This spell in no way makes the ghost well-disposed toward the mage. In fact, many ghosts despise the person who showed them their deaths...Some ghosts are self-aware to begin with, and this spell confers no further bonus on such shades."

P
    Papilio

Bookmarking. Wasn't able to add in the spells before the timeout. My apologies. In addition, 2 paradox rolls were made accidentally- the difference is 1 damage I believe, as Papilio is choosing to take it as such. I took the higher.

Touch of the Grave, 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-26 09:42:08 Papilio rolls 6 to Touch of the Grave (Death + Gnosis) (10 Again) 2, 6, 10, 4, 6, 9, 7 2 successes
      Paradox Roll, Vulgar Accumulation at 2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-26 09:47:23 Papilio rolls 2 to Paradox roll for HtDM (Arcana -1, Gnosis +2, Accumulated +1) (10 Again) 8, 8 2 successes

Healing the Dead Mind, 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-26 09:47:51 Papilio rolls 6 to Healing the Dead Mind (Death + Gnosis) (10 Again) 7, 8, 1, 5, 3, 8 2 successes

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Papilio is undeterred by the lurking danger of his Paradox. The Saint has set himself a task - and he pushes on!

A chill pricks his skin, raising goose bumps as surely as if his unseen senses had detected something nearly - this was the sign that his new spell, Touch the Dead, had taken effect.

He forth his hand: touched the slick, unyielding, corpus of the Ghost...

And hubris lashed out once more, striking him again as the as yet unresolved Havoc exploded - joined with the overstretched Imago of his freshly cast Heal the Dead Mind!

Ghost and mage reeled as for one long, terrible, moment their minds were one. But the Saint gave no rest to the dead; nor was he able to command them. Instead, Papilio had opened his own mind up too much!

A jumble of images and a feeling of constriction. The air in his lungs grew heavy and coarse. His eyes were bound. He felt only fear as he was dragged, manhandled, tossed into a tight space. He felt weight above him and all around him. His screams were hoarse. His screams bought nothing. He rent his hands, clawing, fumbling... shattered nails screamed in his fingers. The loneliness was as heavy as the dusty air he struggled to breathe.

Howling, the Ghost retreats, fleeing from them group.

Screaming, Papilio breaks into a panicked run as he flee's the confines of the ruined hospital!

I feel you Typhuzuzu13 - Papilio gets hit by Paradox again!

I think you need to check the spell casting house rules again as you may have short changed yourself with the Paradox role . You only needed to 1 dice as accumulation occurs every 2 spells, not 1. The link is below: -

http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...uide-and-Rules

I am going to keep your roll though - its not often an ST gets a Bedlam to play with! And given the Havoc paradox that I hadn't really resolved, I think its quite appropriate:

Papilio is affected by a temporary Derangment - Avoidance (focussed on the hospital itself). It lasts for the scene. If he is forced to confront the object of his Avoidance (e.g. stay inside the hospital) he will have a -1 penalty on all actions.

9. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The shaman watches the horror in front of him unfold with an unwavering curiosity. The spirit flees and so does Papilio, there best chance for solving this mystery.

Anima turns to Mobius, "Ruh-oh Scoobs, that was a g-g-g-ghost."

His eyes are drawn back to the mirror. Perhaps this is what's holding this spirit here. He looks with the grim sight and the spirit, looking for any hint or whisp of connection between the two.

"We should probably go check on Papilio, but I must confess, I'm quite curious about this mirror. Papi suggested it might help to move it out of here, I'm also not against breaking the damn thing. Want to give me a hand with it?"
    He moves and stands by the mirror, not yet touching it.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

P
    Papilio

...And of course things went wrong. He'd pulled too much attempting peaceful solutions with the ghost. So there Papilio was- running through the dark abandoned echoing likely haunted clinic, his phone flashlight waving around like crazy as the Mastigos did everything in his power to escape (aside from jumping out the window... It seemed his sense of self-preservation was still mostly intact). Just had to keep running and-

-wait. Why was he running again?...
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-12-01 19:47:36 Papilio rolls 6 to Resist Fear of Hospital (Resolve + Composure- derangement) (10 Again) 9, 1, 7, 5, 3, 7 1 success
    No, seriously. WHY was he running?! No amount of fear excused this! He'd just abandoned his mage allies! Of course he was scared- barely hanging in there in fact. And he was certainly regretting every action he'd taken up to this point that led him down... Whatever hallway he was in. But still!

Were it not for the fact that attempting to control a ghost was what had contributed to this mess, Papilio might have felt a more unrestricted access appropriate towards any specters they may yet encounter. As it was, he was more likely to attempt a more stealthy approach from here on out. First step? "Ah... Hello?..." Speaking aloud in the empty echoing building. He focused the phone flashlight, Grim Sight still active, attempting to get his bearings. Had he gone far? Things had gone by in a blur.
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-12-01 19:51:44 Papilio rolls 4 to Perception (Wits + Composure- Derangement) (10 Again) 7, 10, 6, 5, 9 2 successes
    If he hadn't gone far, he'd certainly have to rejoin the group- separation was exactly what he'd been afraid of in the first place.
    Wasn't sure what the penalty would be given the poor lighting, or how far Papilio ran exactly.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Anima moves closer to the mirror. While the man sized frame has an austere mystery to it, he does not see anything that suggests a connection to the ghost - no aura, no ethereal glow, no whisps or trails of ectoplasm. The mirror has a certain... solidity... but that could easily come from being left forgotten in a place of decay such as the hospital; or from leftover energies from whatever ritual was conducted a year before...

Or it might be the call for further Scrutiny.

Papilio struggles to regain control - a struggle the Mastigos wins on this occasion. His skin feels clammy and his clothes are stained by his own damp sweat, but he is in his own mind, at least. The fear remains real, but now out of sight, lurking in the shadows like everything else.

The Saint had fled the way they had come; retracing his steps was easy enough.

He finds his way back to the group.

The ghost has not returned.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread