Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Halloween Clinic - Page 3
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Halloween Clinic

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

So the dice roller re-rolled my failure for me automatically I guess? I didn't mean for it to do that, and didn't see the first result until it was too late to edit my post. Please edit my post if its unsuitable for Mobius to try a second casting.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima sets his box on the ground by the entrance. Opening it again he pulls out a camera with a full spectrum light attached to it, flipping it on, the light beams down the hall. The shaman his the record button and grabs the watch from the case. Putting on this audio capture device he hits the record button there as well. Finally he grabs out a regular, everyday flashlight.

Holding the camera in one hand and the flashlight in the other, he's approaches the T-intersection and places the camera on it's small tripod in the middle of it facing down the right hallway. He turns his flashlight to the left.

"No thank you Papilio. I'd prefer to have my vision, and soul, remain uncluttered for the time being. Should you discover something that evades me, please, do not hesitate to imbue me with your eyes of death."

He turns to the Acanthus, "Mobius, I was thinking I'd let the camera and it's light point down one hall, while we explored the other,. The stationary light should also be of help to orienting us in this hospital. What do you think?
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark followed the others in taking up the last spot in the line, "Which ever way we go, I'll take up the rear guard," It's not that spark thought of himself as particularly tough or resilient, he just didn't like the idea of being the first in line and therefore the leader. This wasn't his area of expertise in any way so it was best to listen to the experts and act as a guard or mystical muscle whatever the need might be.

"If it won't strain your mana I'll take the grim sight, feel like I'm flying blind right now."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The group moved in space but did not yet commit to the left hallway or the right.

While Anima set up his camera, Papailio and Mobius checked for the best way forward. The Mastigos by flipping a coin (flash of scintillating light in the gloom); the Acanthus by testing the very strands of Fate. The results were the same. Papilio coin indicated that they should head left. Mobius felt nothing for an inordinate amount of time, and just as she was about to give up, she experience a reluctant push or tug to her left.

Spark moved himself into his appointed position as their rear guard.

P
    Papilio

Before starting down the direction, Papilio nods at the offer to grant the sight. Given that the spell wasn't costly at all, it was merely a simple alteration of known patterns to turn it towards someone else. "Contact is necessary, I think- ah, my apologies." A hand outstretched, touching the forehead.

"See as I see, hear what I hear, those unseen and unheard by mortal senses." Nothing flashy happens- it wasn't normally a spell that made noise. But some ceremony seemed appropriate.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-28 14:31:42 Papilio rolls 6 to Speak with the Dead, given (Death + Gnosis) (10 Again) 10, 10, 4, 1, 5, 9, 9, 2 4 successes

And if everything went well, then the sight should be given. "if you see such an entity,take caution. Many may not even recognize their fate, and with this your words will reach there ah... ears. And if they are malicious, it may be best to feign ignorance of their existence- as if we were mundane, eh? And lastly, if you see shapes that can't be discerned- they are likely spirits. You're more likely to gain assistance from our Spirit expert in that case." The run-down complete, Papilio smiled.

"Ah, anything divined of a different path, or did the coin win again?" Perhaps the traveling mage should take some lessons in Fate, for future use.

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Finally, the answer came.

"Looks like the coin wins." She replies a Papilio, a little breathless. "This way seems like the best way to start." she motions towards the left pathway.

She then turns to Anima, "Sounds like a good idea."

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark nods to Papillo, "Thanks I'll keep that in mind," Spark decided to give his gifted sight a test and looks down the hallway and focuses the Grim Sight he'd been granted. Though he also looks over his shoulder, a small part of him hoping he'd see his sister somewhere following him waiting for him. It was a hope he'd never admit to, because it was a horribly selfish thing to want.

"I didn't bring a proton pack, but none of us are exactly unarmed when dealing with the intangible."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-29 21:40:15 Spark rolls 5 to Scrutinize hallway (Intelligence + Occult) (10 Again) 5, 2, 3, 4, 9 1 success

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima leads the way, walking cautiously down the left hallways. Moving slowing he examines the details of structure both material and spirit.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-31 22:16:00 Anima rolls 6 to perceives things (10 Again) 3, 7, 2, 3, 5, 10, 4 1 success
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

10. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

With Anima taking the lead, the group heads off down the left set of hallways. Their feet thud hollowly on the dirt infused floor. Empty doorways portals yawn perilously on their right - had they been there when the building was a hospital and not a ruin, the hallway would have been open and airy with wide windows on their left (now all they saw was the dark of night and the shadowed emptiness of Telford beyond the carpark).

Ducting, wiring, roots (of all things!) snake and dangle from the vacant ceiling space.

What remains of furniture sits mouldering among drifts of dirt and debris. What remains of hospital equipment festers in the rooms beyond, peeking out from shattered doorways like they are tempting devils and imps.

Passing by one such room, Spark notices a full length mirror, undamaged. He appears wraithlike in the dimly lit reflection cast by their lights.

The sound of the creaking roof fades, leaving their senses dulled, blood pumping in their ears.

Mobius Temporal Eddies does not reveal quite so much, nor in such detail. However grim the abandoned hospital might appear in the baroque glow of their light, there is certainly no trick of Time here. The Gauntlet remains stable, though still thinner than Anima would have expected, even inside a ruin such as this; no indications of any Loci or active Numina. The environment registers as perfectly normal for Spark as well.

Papilio has extended his Sight with Speak with the Dead. The spell does not change the acuity of his Sight, only makes the shadows seem to seep and bubble on the periphery of his vision.

But he alone see's the ghostly figure, crisp against the shadows. A curious strange figure in dusty rags, clambering blindly through the holes in the ceiling - as if they were scrabbling about on the floor!

12. Likes Hades_Roses, DeepSeas liked this post
    P
    Papilio

A slight pause, then a deep breath. Had to be a clever way to go about this... "Ah, companions? Eh, slow down a pause. I used to work in a place like this, and a fair warning was in order."

The image was clear enough. A ghost? It could have been an illusion, some form of Mind magic? Perhaps this place had an effect on others. Hallucinations caused by the weakened gauntlet? Granted Papilio's knowledge on Spirit was too lacking to understand this.

The appariton seemed humanlike at least. But it was too dark to see anything clearly- that it acted in such a manner could indicate a sense of awareness, or significant trauma. Both meant potential malice... Papilio should have prepared more before coming here. At the very least, he needed to know if it was truly a ghost.

"Watch the ceilings... These places always seem to be falling apart. I swear I'm hearing badgers in the ducts" A hand on Anima and Mobius ' shoulders. No time to ask- they needed to see. Hopefully they'd understand the words.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-01 06:56:46 Papilio rolls 4 to Speak with the Dead (death + Gnosis - 2 Targets) (10 Again) 3, 6, 1, 4 failure

It was a bit awkward at first, when the spell didn't go through... A reaffirming grip before trying again.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-01 06:57:09 Papilio rolls 4 to Speak with the Dead (Death + Gnosis - 2 Targets) (10 Again) 5, 10, 10, 6, 1, 6 2 successes

This time it seemed to succeed. "Just be careful- they scare easily, badgers." Ghosts weren't dumb per-say... Papilio just found that many had certain gaps, and couldn't always understand little nuances. Hopefully his fellow mages would get it. And hopefully they could find a place to fortify themselves- hallways were awful for combat.

Wrong account- my apologies. Meant to be Papilio. Also, my apologies if I've calculated mana costs wrong! Will correct if they are.

14. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread