Mark had his apartment set up for his meeting. Had the table pulled out into the middle of the room. Chairs set up around the table. He also had the couch and love seat delivered today with a coffee table. His computer was on and he was ready to entertain. Mark wishes he had someone for refreshment but there wasn't time to start building his herd. This building only had one other tenant right now.

He sent them both instructions. Buzz and he will let them in and then take the cargo looking elevator to 3rd and he is in 3a.

Now to wait for the guests...

Regina arrives without too much delay, Nami pressing all of the buttons for her, and Knocking. When Markos enters, Nami announces Lady Pia. To which regina enters. "Greetings Deputy Connelly, a pleasure to see you." She is wearing comfortable clothes, and is carrying a large wooden case, laquered black, which she rests against the wall behind her. Nami returns to the elevator.

"The Pleasure is mine Deputy Pia, but please cahl me Mahk." Mark Responds. His Bostan accent thick and strong but with hints of pure Irish. "Ah apologize if my home isn't up tah your standards. Ah am ah hands on kinda guy and am doing most of the renovating my self." Mark gestures to the couch or the table and chairs, letting the lady choose. His furniture is all new but two of his walls are in need of a fresh coat of paint. Where as the other two look like they were just painted yesterday, cause they were. "Its hard tah find contractors who will work at night."

"Indeed." Indeed, it was not up to her standards, indeed, she would not call him Mahk, or Mark, or anything close. He was Deputy Connolly for some time. "I find such physical labor to be most beneficial to one's time. I am pleased to see how you spend it." She was polite, and courteous, and took a seat on the chair at the table. That is where business was done. "So, Deputy Connolly, you must forgive me, but I feel we are not well enough acquainted to be on a first name basis quite yet." Ahh the Invictus. Couldn't let go of their protocol even if you cut their arms off. "What can you tell me about yourself?"

Obsidian manages to handle all the driving, button, pushing and knocking by herself, but she remembers decades past when she was the minion of an important Invictus and her efforts were all done for the sake of another. As she waited at the door for her host, she pondered the idea of getting a personal aide. Her people at the church were too busy with church duties to attend to Obsidian off the church grounds.

She pushes the thoughts aside when Mark answers the door.

"Excuse me Deputy Pia," Mark says as he opens the security door and then opens the apartment door to see a Woman with black as night skin and a tangle of dreadlocks that looked alive, Very interesting, would have loved to get her on camera. Markos thought "Deputy Obsidian Ah take it, Mahkos Connelly. Call me Mahk" Seth says with a smile. He extends his hand to her while forcing his beast to control itself.

Obsidian shook Mark's hand, looking up at him as her beast looked down.

We are equals, both of us Deputies, she told herself, soothing the beast within.

"A pleasure to meet you in person."

"The pleasure is mine, please come in." Mark says and gestures for Obsidian to come in. "Forgive mah ignorance, have you and Deputy Pia met?" Mark gestures to the Other deputy.

Obsidian follows Mark inside.

"It is good to meet you, also, Deputy Pia."

Regina rises to meet Obsidian. "Deputy Obsidian, a pleasure to meet you." She curtsies most ladylike. "Deputy Connelly, I was hoping I might know of your covenant affiliations, if you will inform me."

Mark gestures to the third chair at the table and once both ladies are seated Mark sits down. He looks to Deputy Pia and Says "Ahm not. Ahm Covenant Agnostic."

"I see. Well, Deputy Connelly, you have our attention, please, what is it that you wished to discuss?" She sounds disappointed, but does a decent job of masking it.

"Actually this was our Reeve's idea. He wanted us to get tahgetha tah get tah know each other. So we would work better as ah team. Ah mean there are ah few things Ah would like tah bring yah up tah speed on. But mostly this is ah team building meeting." Mark said looking to the two women.

Obsidian takes a seat, sitting upright and holding herself formally.

"Sounds like a good idea. I believe that, while we don't have to like each other, for us to cover our responsibilities as Deputies, we do need to have some trust between us."

Connelly seems friendly, but Pia feels very formal. This team will have some interesting dynamics.

"Agreed. Perhaps I will start with stating my particular strengths. I am a swordswoman, fighting with two rapiers. I excel and moving in clubs and high society events, as well as formal social gatherings."

Obsidian glances at Mark, but looks back to Deputy Pia and speaks up before Mark has a chance.

"My strengths are more mystical. I have ways of gathering information that transcend natural investigations."

Obsidian looks to Mark to hear what he has to say.

"Well that just leaves me, and Ah ahm the natural investigator." He smiles "Ah am ah photographer, investigator and all around information gatherer. So whats next? um clans and disciplines? backgrounds? How about this, Ah will let you ladies lead the conversation."

Regina was pleased. Investigation was not her forte at all.
"I am a Daeva of the Spina bloodline, my blood is my own affair, but suffice it to say that it generally revolves around phyiscal disciplines, speed and strength featuring most prominently. I am Italian by birth, and have trained in the french nosferatu style case de rapier of the Knights of the Thorned Wreath"

"I am a Ventrue of the Apollinaire bloodline. I have an affinity for communing with the dead and otherworldly things. I also am able to spy remotely on prepared locations. Originally, I was Embraced and Trained to be a minion of the Invictus, but the waters of Katrina brought insight and opened my eyes to my true calling."

Obsidian pauses, then says to Deputy Pia, "Not many people have taken up traditional fencing. It seems the modern media has hyped the Asian styles above the western martial arts. I am impressed with your interest." In French, she says, "Do you speak French?"

In french she replies: "Yes, I do. However, you are mistaken. My particular swordcraft is dissimilar from classical french fencing, and instead borrows more from Italian two sword fencing. It was a style created by Meister Avernus over 300 years ago."

Mark just smiled at the two ladies exchange. He recognized the language but didn't speak it. He did not want to interrupt the conversation so he just waited, enjoying listening to the musical language.

In English, Obsidian says, smiling, "I stand corrected." She looks to Mark. "And do you have any practice with languages other than Bostonian English?"

"Naw Ah wish. My Grandpa Pat tried tah teach me Irish Gaelic. But Ah wasn't much for Gaelic." Mark lied. He was perfectly capable of learning a language. Probably much more capable then most people. But at the time he figured what was the point. One of life's many regrets.

"So, please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it: you both specialize in the investigational side of the Reeve's work, whereas I am focused more on the apprehension side." She keeps her tone neutral.

"That sounds like a good arrangement," says Obsidian.

"That's pretty accurate." Mark replied.

"Then it seems like we have accomplished the main thrust of this meeting. I am curious however, as to what tasks Reeve Culler has currently assigned to you both."

"Ah am currently investigating Horizon Pharmatech and some leads related to that. Ah also have ah personal project going on that has tha Reeve's blessing."

"I have an idea that I would like to try, but I will need access to something owned by O-Yama." Obsidian looks at Mark. "Do you know if I will be allowed this, or should I go directly to Reeve Culler?"

"Mah recommendation would be to clear it with Reeve Culler. As I am sure you know, Kindred, 'specially Haunts are very protective of there belongings" Mark replied "What do you think Deputy Pia?"

"I have not been following the disappearance of O-Yama Hatori, but I know that Lord Culler is extremely busy. However, unless you already have an item of his, you will likely need to go to Reeve Culler to request it, and explain your plan."

"Right. I'll do that and let you know what if I uncover anything new. In the mean time, what is this personal project you have going?"

"Well, with the Reeve's blessen, Ah am currently working on getting ah few of Sacramento's finest to owe me some favors. Completely through mortal means as to not violate the Prince's Laws.Ah 'ave numerous photo's of illegal activities by the gang task force." Mark pulls out a file folder and sets it on the table for the ladies to see.
More Information

"Very commendable Deputy Connelly. A word of caution though. Perhaps it is merely the courts of Europe that feature such things, but the Prince very well could interpret his law differently than you have. Or change it on the spot. A Prince can be very capricious. Thus I encourage you to cleave closely to Reeve Culler. The prince has shown him much favor, and should he disapprove of your actions for some reason, he may overlook them if he sees them as a closely integrate facet of his Reeve." Her tone is nuanced and subtle. She weaves and chooses her words very carefully.

Obsidian listened to Deputy Pia and nodded in agreement.

This one understands the dangers of responsibility and politics.

"Good words, Deputy Pia. I have not spent much of my efforts on networking with people, beyond my church patrons. I should have a closer look at the regulars that use the church for services. You never know when a pagan reaches a position of importance."

"Trust me Ah understand tha whims of those in ah position of power. But Ah will take your warnings to heart Deputy Pia. What about you Ladies, is there anything that you are working on?" Mark asked with genuine interest.

"I am sealing a breach, with Acolyte Dirge." She says, offhandedly.

Obsidian glances at Deputy Pia before answering Mark.

"Promoting my church is an ongoing project, but my assistants are very helpful, and Hierophant Circe has occasional projects for me."

She then turns to Deputy Pia.

"How do you find working with Acolyte Dirge? Despite her apparent handicap, I find her quite competent."

"She is fearful, and her overly cautious attitude weakens her ability to seize opportunities. She also some interesting notions about authority, but I have not yet discerned exactly what they are, save that they make the taske more difficult."

"Maybe I should speak with her. She is currently staying at my church, and she and I are in the same covenant. She performed fine when I worked directly with her, but it was more of a cooperative venture. I will definitely keep an eye on her for the tendencies you mentioned."

Regina nods in approval. "We should soon be finished with our investigation and sealing, and perhaps her skills there will banish my doubts."

"Well Ladies is there anything else that yah think we need tah discuss?" Mark asked politely

"No, thank you Mister Connely for hosting this meeting. I insist that the next one be held at my establishment, the Dhaka hotel. Both of you are welcome there as well at any time. Should you wish combat training, arrangements can be made as well."

"This has been a good meeting. Thank you for initiating, Deputy Connelly. Deputy Pia, I look forward to out next meeting at the Dhaka Hotel. After that, we can meet at my Temple. Now, shall we get out there and resolve some of these outstanding issues?"

"Fantastic, Well then If either of you need anything don't hesitate to call." Mark says as he stands and goes to hold the door for the ladies.

Regina exits.

Obsidian exits.

Mark takes a deep, yet unnecessary breath and says, "Well that went well."