Follows immediately from here...

Ishani waits for everyone else to leave before turning to Jayant and Wilhelm. "I wished the two of you to stay because I am planning to hand the Priscus position to Wilhelm. With my duties as Harpy and my other responsabilities to the Prince and the Dracul, I do not have the means of time and resources to devote to another position."

She watches both men carefully as she waits for a response.

Wilhelm isn't quite able to hide the flicker of surprise that flits across his features. Being named to such a position after such a short time in the city was unanticipated, to say the least. "Why have you chosen me? Not that I question my ability, but there are certainly Mekhet who have been in the city longer and know the members of our Clan that reside here better than I do." Like Jayant, though if she feels she is unable to hold on to the position due to the responsibilities of her office I can understand why she would not pass it to a Primogen.

Jayant was not surprised at what Ishani declared and smiled softly, saying as much. "I can't say I'm shocked, truth be told. You have already stated as much to me in the past. I can understand your position, it must be tough trying to hold so many responsibilities." Jayant turns to Wilhelm, dark eyes burrowing into him. "You'll soon come to learn that it matters not how long one has lived here but the talents an individual possesses which determines their status."

Ishani smiles, but both men can see it is a tired one. "That is one of the reasons I have chosen you for the position. It is not that there are other Makhet who could do a better job, it is more like because you are so new to the domain, you do not have any biased alliances. Jayant has shown me that he does not wish a position of great responability and I think you would do a fine job."

"I see, and I will do my best to live up to the faith you have obviously placed in me." His mind was shifting gears as he spoke, there were many things that he'd have to know in order to fill this position adequately. He supposed all there was for it was to ask. "What is the general status of the Clan within this domain; numbers, positions, etc. And is a Whip currently named?"

"You'll do fine," Jayant encourages with a friendly smile, gripping Wilhelm on the shoulder briefly before letting his hand drop to his side. Jayant says nothing about numbers, it had been a while since he himself had thought of such things.

Ishani opens up her laptop and pulls up a file. She looks at it for a moment before turning her attention back to Wilhelm. "There are currently eleven Mekhet in the city that I am aware of and I did not name a Whip. Maybe I should have. That might have helped my work load but to be honest, I didn't even think about it." She shrugs, kind of embarrassed.

Then she brightens again and places a gentle hand on Jayant's shoulder. "Primogen Nagaraj would make an excellent Whip though. He has very good people skills and all the Makhet I know like and respect him."

"Yes, my time with him so far has given me a similar impression." He turns to the man. "Would you be willing to take up the position? It was mentioned earlier that you did not want a position of great responsibility." He could only hope that Jayant would. He had lent the impression that he could be trusted, something somewhat rare amongst the Kindred; the Mekhet in particular perhaps. And with this appointment so soon after his arrival in the city, he dearly wanted someone he could trust as Whip.

Jayant turned from Ishani to Wilhelm, a look of sudden fear and doubt in his dark eyes.

I can do this. Really? he thinks. A split second was all it took.

"Yes, I can do it." Even though he answered out loud, it was almost as if Jayant was talking to himself as to his fellow Mekhet. He finally focused on them, looking back towards Ishani. "I only hope to do better than the previous Shadow Whip."

Wilhelm felt a wave of relief flow through him at Jayant's proclamation, though he did not show it. Having someone he could trust as his Whip was a boon indeed, given how rare a commodity trust was amongst the Kindred. Not to mention that having a Primogen as Whip would help solidify his own position, should any Mekhet prove foolish and/or ambitious enough to try to seize it. "Excellent, I am grateful that you have agreed." He does quirk one eyebrow in curiosity at Jayant's comment. "Did something unfortunate happen to or because of the previous Whip?"

Jayant smirked at the thought of Mrs. Scotts. "She went beyond her position." Jayant looked back to Ishani, wondering if she remembered that fateful meeting at the Ordo Chapter House. Jayant could. It was when he had seen Ishani's anger flare for the first time.

Ishani's eyes flash at the memory. "She was.......ambitious and felt that she should do the duties of the Priscus, without informing or asking anyone else if they minded. After she stomped on everyone's toes she was removed from her position. That was the last time the Makhet had a Whip I'm afraid. But I am positive Jayant will be able to do the job and the clan justice as I am positive you will be able to perform the Priscus duties without complications."

She gives both men a smile. "I am sorry if you feel I am putting either one of you in a difficult position, but I fear that being a Priscus is just not my place. I have too many other loyalties to consider and with my change in blood I am still struggling to control some of my new abilities." She looks at Wilhelm as she says this last, knowing he will understand what she means.

Then, she turns to Jayant and her expression becomes very serious. "Now, Primogen Nagaraj, you said some things during this last meeting that has me concerned about you. Is there something we need to discuss?"

Change in blood? Jayant thought, frown lines forming as Ishani said this. He didn't have time to ponder as she brought up the conversation he had been dreading.

"Possibly, Harpy Naetesh," he counters, using her own title in a business-like fashion. "Although, no disrespect was meant by it. However, if it is, perhaps it is something we should talk about without making our Priscus feeling awkward."

Ishani frowns. She didn't want to make Wilhelm uncomfortable, but she wanted to get to the bottom of whatever Jayamt's issue was. "I see. All right then." She turns to Wilhelm with an apologetic smile. "Is there anything else you need from me, Priscus?"

Wilhelm offers a barely perceptible nod when she mentions her new abilities, he could indeed understand that. And quietly listens to the dialogue between the other two Mekhet. Priscus...of Shadows, I suppose I could get used to the title. "At the moment, I have two more questions. The first being whether or not there are any official correspondences you were engaged in as Priscus that I should know about. And the second being an inquiry of how to call a clan meeting within this domain. Then I will leave the two of you to your conversation."

Ishani nods, understanding Wilhelm's intent. "The only correspondance I was involved in was speaking to Priscus Stamford about opening lines of communication with the clan and Covenent heads. We both feel it is an important endeavor. So, keep that in mind. To call a clan meeting, one merely needs to put up a notice in the Elysia that you wish to meet with the Shadows. List when and where and whomever holds family matters as important will show up."

"I see, may I get Priscus Stamford's contact information then? And would you be gracious enough to allow me to use The Reverence to hold a clan meeting?"

Ishani gives Wilhelm a bright smile. "Of cxourse! I would be more then happy to offer Reverence."

She pulls up a file on her computer and jots down a name and number for him. "Here is Stamford's number. Just let her know what's going on. I am sure she will understand."

Wilhelm accepts the number, flashing a grin of his own. "Your generosity is most appreciated. And now I shall leave the two of you to your conversation."

Exit Scene for Wilhelm...

"Good evening, Priscus," Jayant mutters with a genuine smile as Wilhelm leaves. He then turns his attention back to Ishani and his smile falters. Still, he says nothing, waiting for her to make the first move.

Ishani watches Wilhelm leave and then turns back to Jayant. She crosses her arm and gives him a serious look. "Now, are you going to tell me what that comment was all about or do I have to drag it out of you?"

Jayant sighs and leans upon the desk, washing his face with his palms before answering. "No, no. That won't be necessary." Shaking out his head as if to clear it, he sighs once more, this time for luck. "Ishani, I heard the glass, or whatever it was, smash when we met at the Lily. Since that time, I have been doubting myself as a Shadow. More importantly, I have been doubting our firendship and whether or not you still view me as such."

Ishani nods, knowing what he is talking about. "I was frustrated. I tend to throw things when I am frustrated, it makes me feel better. However my temper has nothing to do with your abilities as a Shadow or our friendship."

She sighs and lowers her arms, trying to think of how to explain this to him without being insulting. "I don't understand you Jayant. You act as if you want to be something more then your "statiion" will allow and then in the next moment you are back to being your normal submissive self. At one point in time I can confide in you as a friend and then at the next point I feel as if I am ignored. Which one is it Jayant? Are you a slave or are you a master? Are we friends or not? I don't know how you see me, or where I rate in your existance, so I don't know where to place you in mine. I try to be a friend and I feel as if you don't think you're worth that much. If you were not worth that much to me Jayant, believe me when I say I wouldn't bother."

"And you don't think it infuriates me also? I do not like being as I am but years and years of training and fighting has made me like this. I am not a slave, no, but I am no master. When I came here, it was at the behest of my Sire, to protect and aid the Hierophant of the city. I have no reason why; I am not the questioning type. However, I left my home to do so and look what happened? Paresh died. Mako died. Sunshine died. Valen.... Needless to say, the Crone was lost. I was lost." Jayant stops for a split second to swallow the emotion threatening to overwhelm him. Besides, his voice was getting hoarse, unaccustomed to this much speech. When he does continue, his voice has regained its usual composure. "Ishani, you are one of very few who treated me as more than a servant. Even when Circe arrived and I offered my services to her, it was as my given role. If I fail her, I fail the Mother. If I fail you...I fail something far more dear. Do you understand?"

Ishani sighs and sits down back in her chair. "No I don't, but I have never been in your position really. I have been a soldier all of my existence. I know what it is to take orders but I also know what it is to give them. Jayant, if you are unhappy then it is up to you to change it. If you wish to be a master, then it is up to you to become one. I am more then willing to help."

She looks at him for a moment, wondering how her next words will be received. "You did not fail Paresh or Meko, or Valencia or anyone else. The Lost Nights were not expected by any of us and it was a tragedy yes, but there is nothing you could have done to save them. Bethem was an unexpected surprise as well and there is nothing you could have done but die along with them. Whether or not you think you should have, if you had this city would have lost a great asset and I would have lost a great friend. You cannot fail me because I don't have any expectations of you. Ok......that isn't entirely true. I do expect things of you but nothing you haven't already proven to me that you can do. I expect you to be happy. I expect you to be yourself. Do you even know who that is anymore?"

"No, not really," he admits. "I have been struggling to find out and have wanted to change. This attitude is draining, to say the least."

Ishani smiles, feeling as if she is finally getting somewhere. "Good, then let's change it. Now you have confused me. Your faith is everything to you, Jayant. How can someone be more important then that?"

Jayant chuckles. "I know, I know. Condradiction or what? Its all about loyalty, Ishani. I place loyalty above all else."

She quirks an eyebrow, clearly not getting it. "Loyalty? Ok now you've lost me. Circe is just as loyal to the Goddess as you are. I am sure the same could be said of Obsidian. Or are you refering to loyalty to the city? If that is the case then I guess I really can't argue with that. I've been here longer then I intended......much longer, but still what has that got to do with anything?"

"The city? Yes, of course. The Mother? Without question. To friends? They are the top of the list. When I find friends, true friends, not simply passing acquaintances, I will give my life for them. That is what I mean be loyalty, and I give it without wanting for anything in return." He shrugs. "I'm sorry, its just who I am." Jayant looks down to his boots, not sure if he's explained it clearly enough.

Ishani gives an internal sigh of relief, thanking......whoever the hell was out there that it wasn't anything more. "No need to apologize, I'm the same way." She says with a small smile. "I can understand where you are coming from. True friends are very hard to come by once one is embraced and understands what eternity really is."

Or what trechary really is.

"You have nothing to fear from me in that respect, Jayant. I don't walk away from the people I care about, no matter how lost they may be. Now, I would like to help you get back on track but I am not sure what path you're looking for. Are you doubting your faith? Or just your place in it?"

"No, not my faith. I will always belong to the Mother. From what I can work out, I am doubting my place in this society, my worth." Jayant looks uncomfortable. "It sounds selfish, I know."

On the outside, Ishani is smiling to reassure her friend, on the inside she is banging her head against the desk.

How the hell am I supposed to help someone with the same problem I have? Well shit, I guess I have to start somewhere.

"I don't think it's selfish, I think it's kind of normal. A lot of people are under the impression that kindred do not change as they get older. The Invictus take stock in this ideal. Unfortunatly, it just isn't true. We all change. Finding ourselves again can be difficult. Where would you like your place to be in society?"

"I do not know. At this moment, I want to find O-Yama. I have nothing else in mind other than that. I vowed it to the Hierophant I would spend my time aiding the domain in this. Forming the Grim Hand was a part of that plan. I can't seem to get that together though."

"Why not? Are people not interested in joining the Grim Hand? I can think of several people who might like to be involved in a coterie of that kind. As for finding O-Yama, you will be assisting in that endeavor, I promise."

"I have approached a few; yourself and Konstantin besides, Regina Pia and Reeve Culler have both said no. I have been meaning to ask Hound Twist and Headstrong but something holds me back."

Ishani frowns, she wasn't sure about Headstrong but Twist was a definite canidate. "What about Wilhelm and Markos? What is holding you back regarding Hound Twist and Headstrong? Are you afraid they will mock you in some way?"

"Yes, Wilhelm as well. How could I forget him?" Jayant jokes with a wry grin. "I do not know this Markos very well. As for Twist and Headstrong, the latter I do not know and Twist I find....unapproachable, almost as if she is above and beyond me.

Ishani frowns. "I don't understand. What makes Twist unapproachable. And Jayant, the only person who is above you here is the Prince. The rest of us just have other titles, but you are a Primogen, you have the right to speak to whomever you need to."

"I do not know, an air of superiority. I suppose its natural for the Hound to be intimidating," Jayant jokes. His mirth vanishes when Ishani mentions his title. "And what have I done exactly in my role as Primogen? When have I actually mentioned anything of worth to the Prince's ear?" He is deadly serious.

Ishani shrugs. "I have no idea. The Prince does not share every detail of his evenings with me, contrary to popular belief. But, in all honesty, you have no one to blame for that but yourself. Maybe you should start to consider what advice you think you may have that would be helpful. As for Twsit, I can speak to her if you wish. We are very close."

"That's the point. I haven't. Ever." Jayant stands straight and rotates his neck a few times before sighing, feeling even more confused. "Thank you, that would be a great help, with Twist. As for helping me, good luck with that."

Ishani shrugs and leans back in her chair. "Well if you already consider yourself a lost cause then I can't help you. It is up to you to change, Jayant. I can only support you and offer advice when it could help. I can't make you do anything or make decisions for you. But I am betting you already know all of this. So, you need to figure out where you'd like to begin. Maybe this new Whip position will help you figure that out."

Jayant nods, a tired smile on his face. "As ever, you are quite right. I can only pray to find the answer before I lose myself further. Perhaps this new position will help. Now," he says, uplifting his voice, forming as much as a joke as possible, "I do so hope that has answered your own query regarding my comment earlier."

Ishani nods. "Yes it does, thank you. Well I am glad we're good. Now we just need to get through this recon mission and get O-Yama back. I still have a few things I need to get done, so I am afraid I will have to bid you a good evening my friend."

"And you also," Jayant replies, leaving swiftly after giving a bow to his friend.