Ended
Watch

The Stars Our Destination

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    Shodan

To be honest, the Prime Mover looks like he's just been slapped. It takes him more than a few moments to sort through everything that's been said, which is plenty of time for October to say her piece. Of course, the Enchantress is right. And wrong at the same time. Because her advice is perfectly sound in the abstract. But this abscess of a conflict needed to be resolved for good, and the only way it was going to - was that one.

Still, he wanted a different perspective and that's what he got. For this, he is grateful.

"I hasten to remind you, that I wasn't the one who started this ridiculous spat we're both thinking about" He says, once resolve returns to him "It spiraled out of control, true, but I had to try something or it would've just erupted some other time. Doing it in a controlled environment seemed like a good alternative. It's like... like amputating a limb" This metaphor has occured to him only just now, but it seemed apt. Considering both the situation and who he's talking to right now "Precisely because a debate, heated or not, wouldn't have solved anything"

A sounding board? That's not what he is looking for, not what he needs right now "I may have gone at it the wrong way. I never wanted you to feel like you're my therapist or something. It wasn't fair, because look at us. We've had a nice evening and I've made it all about myself" And when you look back on how it proceeded, you ought to be awed by the rollercoaster of topics behind them. If you add their previous private interaction, one might suspect a pattern forming "Unfortunately for you, you are just about the only person I can talk to if I hope to get actual advice about these things. No politics, no trying to tell me what I want to hear, no bullshit. But if I can make the discomfort up to you, just say the word" The Libertine tries to soften up this statement with a slight smile and a chuckle. It's almost Christmas season, and it's better to give than to take, or so we're taught. And Shodan did feel kind of guilty for this latest turn in their conversation.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Turning to face him, “Look, I’m not saying you started anything. I’m new here, I don’t have the all the facts nor the whole story. So I really don’t care who started it, I have no dog in the fight.” Facts were facts. “But I do agree that the conflict needed to be dealt with before it came to head with Sleepers around. And to be honest, I don’t care how you guys settle it, that’s between you two. I said my peace on it, even though it was ignored.” That still pissed her off, but, new girl.

Laughing, “Oh, I wasn’t trying to be a therapist, just someone to listen. Also, I really sucked at those classes in school, so I’m the last person to give that type of advice.” Nope, she could mend the human body but not the mind. “And I’m not worried about that. Obviously, it was something that had been bothering you and you needed to talk about. Trust me, it’s a lot more interesting then the chatter I hear at the hospital. The nurses love to gossip and I hate having to hear it.” She could care less about who was sleeping with who. “And for what it’s worth, I still think it’s a nice evening.”

There was a slight look of confusion, “Unfortunately? Why do you think so little of yourself?” she asks, still confused. “But yeah, I’ll always give it to you straight. I don’t believe in lying to protect someone’s feelings. If you’re acting like an ass, I’ll tell you.” Just how she was. “There’s no discomfort to make up for. I’m not uncomfortable, I’m rather enjoying talking with you and learning about the stars.”

S
    Shodan

"That's fair. I can't expect you to believe anything I say. Hell, I'd be disappointed if you did" It's important to check your facts, especially in affairs as messy as human relations. It's somehow comforting to see the Enchantress is reluctant to take sides, even if it deprives him of defendants

A snort of laughter as she compares his plight to backroom hospital gossip. When put in that perspective, the problem suddenly lost some severity "Glad I still have some way to go until the bottom rung of a ladder. But you're right. I needed that. Thanks" The choice of October may have been pure process of elimination (the other candidates being too nice to be trusted, too emotionally stunted or with too many unknown motives), but it turned out to be the right one.

The Libertine looks at the other mage "I don't think little of myself" The Libertine says in an almost defensive tone "Just trying to shift the focus from 'me' to 'you'. I don't know if we're still 'monor acquaintances', or if we've since progressed to, say 'intermediate colleagues' or something, but dumping my problems on you without warning... not cool. Good to hear it wasn't that bad, though. Gives me hope for the future" And, in complete honesty, Shodan hated to be in anyone's debt, however minor it was. Call it an ego thing.

We've passed the month mark, we may want to start wrapping up

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Of course it was fair. It was the right way to do things. “I learned a long time ago that picking a side, without all the facts, was a bad path to take. Mistakes were made and friends were lost. So now, if I haven’t seen it or heard it, I can’t say it happened.” Being an adult. It sucked.

The laughter brought a smile to her face as she shrugged, “Telling you, hearing nurses’ gossip should be considered torture!” unless you liked gossip. “Anytime.”

The defense in his tone was noted with another raised eyebrow, “Well it sounded like you didn’t think highly of yourself.” She says, “And maybe I didn’t want the focus on me.” She tosses back with a small smirk. “I think we’ve graduated from minor acquaintances. But if you think me listening to your problems was some type of offense, there wasn’t one. But if it makes you feel better, maybe we could come up with a hand sign or something to warn of that type of conversation.” There was a hint of joking and being serious. “And there is always hope for the future.”

Eyes drift around the area before landing back on Shodan, “Looks like it’s getting late.”

Sounds like a plan!

S
    Shodan

"It is. We should probably head back, or we might oversleep to all the exciting adventures that await us in the morning. Or something like that. Anyway, thanks again for tonight and... see you soon, I hope?"

And with that, the two mages part ways. At least one of them thinks the evening was, all things considered, one well-spent. Kinda like coke - leaves a sweet taste in your mouth, and the chemicals inside always keep you wanting more.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.