Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Sanctum With A Little Help From My Friends - Page 3
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

With A Little Help From My Friends

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark was about to ask the same question Anima just asked, "What he said."

That was an interesting combination of energy on the gun, whatever was on the wand he couldn't sense. It didn't even look magical to him, but Shodan explained it like it was. Either way he gently rubbed his eyes after he'd gotten a feel for what was on them. Mage Sight didn't hurt per se but it did tingle.

S
    Shodan

He looks to Anima "I think it can be re-hooked to another GPS unit, don't see why not" It'd be a massive design oversight to let the gun be dependent on something as easily losable or destroyable as this "But no, the wand will be no help when it comes to the tracker, for a very simple reason - the dust that is ammo in this thing is not magical, as in: there's no glyph to detect. Certainly, it looks like magic, but it isn't" Which begs the question: how exactly were these people able to achieve such results? Without the soul's ability to cast spells, it'd likely require a pair of Seven League Boots of Science, which makes Shodan almost regret the FBI's gone to ground "You're not wrong, though, there's more of these" He taps the wand and the gun "out there. Especially the wand seemed to be standard-issue for the FBI units. Now, I'd love to know what else do they have stored in their armories" Because their futuristic capabilities didn't end there, Shodan is sure of it.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The good doctor looks surprised at the responses. “A big question ... does average agent wielding the wand know that what they are detecting is magic? And at what level of the fbi is such knowledge common? Is the average agent keeping an eye out for “reality deviants?”
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

S
    Shodan

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark took a moment to realize he hadn't actually responded to Shodan's statement about Byzantine systems. "You know that old adage, power corrupts. What system do you have in place to curb their power?"

"As far as short term goals go...uhh...finding a hollow someplace with a bit of power to it. I suspect the Guardians or the Mysterium to have already sown all those up though. Also...I gotta ask, magic is real right? What else is real? What other myths and legends are out here walking around? Is the loch ness monster out there?"

S
    Shodan

He turns to Anima first, his expression somewhere between tiredness and amusement "I don't know, man. I'm playing golf with the FBI director next Sunday, I'll ask him" Hopefully, that little bit of harmless sarcasm will get his point across. It was flattering, in a way, that the good doctor thought Shodan is so 'in' on the agents plans, but... he's not. Not yet.

The Obrimos looks at Spark "I'm just one guy. There's only so much I can do. But I had it easier than most - for politics you need powerbase, and as you both probably gathered there's simply not enough mages to provide that here and you can never tell if the ally you counted on to help you make a move will be here the next week" It's a curious feature of the local landscape, the ever-changing population of the Awakened "Another thing: ever since I came here, and possibly long before that, the Consilium has been constantly under siege by one enemy or another. It forces a certain... meritocratic atmosphere" Sure, there's no guarantee people will act rationally and take all the help they can get, but so far the Sacramento willworkers were pretty reasonable in that field "Or maybe it's the closeness of San Francisco. They have more politics than they can handle, or so I've heard" Not a good holiday spot, that. Guardians and Thearchs at the helm? Ugh, no.

"My point being: if we want this Consilium to look even more like an Assembly, there's no other way but to put in the legwork - help with dangers, found cabals, hell - even socializing works. It's all about persistence"

Then the topic changes. First to somewhat familiar regions... "There was an active Hallow right in this very building. A cabalmate of mine tended to it, I haven't had the time to get it back to work after he left" ... and then to something entirely unexpected and outlandish "I don't know? I mean it stands to reason that other things can be real, but I've seen no evidence of them yet, and honestly? They are not pertinent to my studies, so other than serving as a footnote they can sink or swim as far as I'm concerned"

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima takes no expense at Shodan’s sarcasm“Let me know if you can get a favorable tee time.”

“Oh! Well, I purchased my home because the landscape had a nice area for a garden, I’ve found that wits little Life encouraging growth in the physical realm helps spur the growth of metaphysical energética. I’ve begun the process in my garden, gradually developing a green house sanctum. I’d open the doors to my fellow Counsilor’s, but I’m afraid it is too weak to support multiple mages just yet. If you were willing to pitch in we could increase it’s potential in no time. Or perhaps we could combine energies and efforts and have multiple hallows at our disposal! How exciting.”
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark raised a hand in Shodan's tirade, "Okay I get it, it is the way it is cause it works."

"No one claimed it? Mind if I take a look at it later?" He was a little disappointed at the answer to his question about other Supernaturals. "Well If I get jumped by Bigfoot I'll let ya know."

Spark turned to Anima's explanation about the physical affecting the Supernal. "I know a little life magic, I'd like to expand on what I know. Would multiple mages with different arcana affect the Hollow?"

S
    Shodan

"I'd be in favor of spreading out. The amount of mana we'd draw from multiple Hallows would be more or less the same, and at the same time we run less risk of our resources being flagged by hostiles" Like Seers. Or Guardians. Or any of the Diamond really, they are all nice and reasonable until they aren't "I'll let you know when mine becomes active again. In the meantime sure, you can have all the looks you want" Not that there was much to look at, the spring was never particularly generous.

He chuckles at the 'Bigfoot' comment "You do that. After you're done with it, we can sell the remains to the Mysterium. The mystagogues love everything that looks cryptic and I, for one, would be interested in poking around the local Atheneum" But the big score, namely 'repossessing' the juciest bits for them to surface in a Lorehouse would be a bit too audacious, even for him. Campanella was a Master and Hierarch, souring their relations would be too steep a cost in the long run.

Then the Libertine turns to Anima, as Spark asks about the potential effects of different Arcana on a Hallow. It's something he had not really explored, lacking both a big Hallow and a broad spread of magical skills. 'Jack of all trades' was not Shodan's path.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The shaman shrugs, "I don't know about all that. Life merely begets life, place of abundant life and growth tends to cause enough energy to coalesce into a Hollow. Perhaps there are other ways, but they escape me. You can assist without the use of life magic. The green house is being installed currently, I could use some help moving in the soil and setting up the larger plants. I'd like to do a water collection and reuse system as well to cut down on the footprint and make it self sustaining."
    Con Spells Cloaked

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.