Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's compliments are genuine and words consistent with things he's already stated in the clan meeting. The only hint of wordsmithing would be 'that I have no current aspiration to finish this particular sequence' where true at this point in time Lenora would recognize that he kept the statement open-ended and would likely challenge her for the position if something made him significantly less confident in her leadership.

Blood Hunt:

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small smile hits Lenora's lips as she dissects the man's words. The respect was real. For now.

"I see," she offers, "I agree the divisiveness was a problem. Many Prisci and Whips make the mistake in using their positions to establish only themselves. They cannot pursue their own ambitions if their Clan is in shambles. Such a failure reflects on their own merit."

"When I said I was aiming for unity, I was not provided just kind words. As I said, it is in my interests to ensure you all do well or at least remain citizens of good standing," Lenora says, "Competing with means beyond debate in merit for a position of influence in the clan could threaten that unity. Thus, when Thomas attempted to undermine my authority, a statement needed to be made. Between you and I, I would have done more, but we will see how he responds to public pressure. Resolution remains the primary goal, but, should he fail to make amends, I am willing to push in order to extinguish his threat more permanently."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded, "Correct. On that note, I shared the clan meeting situation with the Prince as requested. She had already decided on a punishment for his disrespect at Court that she instructed me to deliver to him." He grinned, obviously pleased with his fortune telling, "I took the liberty of omitting the finer details and positioned it as the whole of our clan sharing in her displeasure and that he further embarrassed himself when he was not selected as Priscus."

"She was not only pleased that the Lords had the wisdom to not select him as our Priscus, but furthermore that we selected a Priscus who is immediately holding him accountable for his behavior. This is a very positive reflection on the clan as a whole from a very volatile situation." Opening his hands, "As such, the Prince granted me a request. Instead of delivering the punishment directly as her Herald, I was permitted to instead deliver it to you. This way, you could leverage the news as Priscus in whatever manner of delivery you felt most effective, as long as the punishment is indeed delivered." Oh, and the punishment? "Mister Boyle's coveted tenancy has been revoked and I quote, 'He's fortunate that is all that I'm taking'." It was important she knew just how correct he had been.

His eyes meet with Lenora's, "I trust this is an adequate demonstration of how our ideals align. Not just me gloating about how right I was. Not just you and how resolute you were. All of us share this victory, even Mister Whitney."

Blood Hunt:

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Jack speaks, Lenora leans slightly forward her gaze resting on his face as he imparts nothing, but good news. The Pride on Lenora's face is palpable, but it is not offered only to herself. Jack and Aiden contributed to this victory.

"I am pleased Her Majesty finds our position in alignment with her own," she says, her smile cordial Eyebrows peak as Jack relays that Alessandra has tasked her with delivering Her Majesty's declaration of Thomas' punishment. "I am humbled by her confidence and will gladly deliver the verdict. However, I still feel we should proceed as planned. If Thomas can be cowed to his appropriate place and provide adequate Prestation, I am willing to oversee the rebuilding of his relationship with the clan. Should he fail to do so, I will no longer accept him as a Ventrue here during my tenure."

Lenora was not saying it directly, but the implication that she would consider Thomas as a Caitiff were plain. Thomas had presented himself as a threat and Lenora had to deal with it brutally in order to set the expectations she possessed for the clan upon a solid foundation. Thomas had become her example.

Visibly relaxing as much of the Clan business was settled, Lenora rested an elbow on the table and raised a hand to rest upon her cheek, cradling her head as Jack finalized his points.

"Well, you can gloat a little," she offered, her smile turning coy, "but you are correct. This is a victory for the Family as a whole. I'm certain Mr. Whitney will be pleased to here of it as well. Once this chapter is concluded, we can move on to pen better legacies."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I most certainly agree," Jacque nodded as Lenora outlined her plan, "Mister Boyle must answer for his disrespect to you and the clan."

He chuckled at the offer of permission to gloat, "I'm only pleased that Mister Whitney was willing to hear more out before putting all his chips on Boyle. Certainly there are some... opportunities for his instincts to improve but ultimately he made an appropriate decision for the sake of the clan." There may be hope for him yet.

"Speaking of better legacies, you mentioned wanting to get to know each Lord a little better before deciding on goals for the clan." His hands open, slightly twisting at the wrist, "Is there anything you'd like to know about me?"

Blood Hunt:

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Certainly," Lenora says as the matter regarding Thomas begins to wane, "Even should he decide against facing his actions and depart the Domain, it behooves our position to ensure the greater Domain understands our intent. By relaying our view on Mr. Boyle and his actions to the Prince as requested, you have ensured that is done. For that, you have my gratitude."

Lenora's right hand remained on her cheek, as her left idly tapped the table while the Herald spoke of Aiden.

"Mr. Whitney is clearly a man of passion," she said, "By tapping into that, Mr. Boyle was able to secure his support early on, just as you did with me by appealing to my want for analysis and factual debate. However, it is good to see he has reason. With proper tempering, his passion can be turned into a powerful asset for the Clan. Therefore, I have high hopes for him - and expectations."

All of this, though, would be discussed with Aiden when they had their rendezvous. For now, Jack was the focus.

"In order to structure the goals, it is necessary to understand our Blood's lineage, the skills each have attained while among the Kine and afterwards, and, of course, the purpose that each has defined for themselves," Lenora answers, outlining her goals for the meeting per Jack's request, "I will admit I am intrigued by you further, Whip Jack, but it is my understanding that many of our cousins have difficulties sharing overly much regarding their lives among the Kine. Should this intimacy be deemed uncomfortable to you, we need not venture deep into our lives, but know that whatever you answer and share I will endeavor to return in kind."

There it was plain and simple. Lenora wanted to know about Jack's lineage among the clan, his skillsets, and his 'purpose' as he defined it. However, should he wish to share more, the offer was clear that Lenora would do so as well.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded as the conversation shifted more towards himself. He interlocked his fingers before staring off into some distant memory, "I've always had an affinity for studies from as far as I can remember. It was... it is an insatiable thirst. One that all but consumed me long before I felt the one what came with our embrace. As such, I am a man who knows quite a bit about quite a lot of things." A thin smile forms, trying to take the edge off of the arrogance of such a statement.

"My specialties are in sciences and law and I am BAR certified for practice in California," he adds as his eyes appear to focus squarely back to Lenora. "As you've no doubt noticed, I learned to obfuscate my beast from others and I can do the same with small objects. As for our blood's signature ability...I am capable of cleaning up messes made by those who aren't as diligent with maintaining the First."

With that, Jacque paused with a look of curiosity on what Lenora was willing to share.

Blood Hunt:

8. Bump Stray "Bump" this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another smile as Jacque finally allows himself to gloat a little.

"In a changing world, that talent is invaluable. I find myself slipping against the change from time to time, myself," she says, "Then again, given my time here, it is understandable. I am pleased the Clan of Kings boast one so capable. How have you been exercising your thirst for the Domain?"

Eyebrows raise as Jack discusses his specialty and the extent of his disciplines.

"Impressive," she responds, "Though I wonder, is it Mr. Krait that boasts the certificate, yourself in a past life, or both? That said, I cannot boast the same. Given the era of my mortality, it was common for women in my position to be dissuaded from such things, even with the advent of first wave feminism. Higher education for women then was often for a different purpose. Nonetheless, I found the Arts and Literature quite intriguing. "

"I fell into the need to understand Law during my tenure as the Baroness' steward. It's quite useful when deflecting authorities," Lenora rested back in her chair, "Still, often my place was within the social arenas of life, before and during my service. I often feel its what drew the Baroness in, but that wasn't it. Not entirely."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque Killian If we need to consider this scene concluded let me know! If I receive no response, I'll consider you unavailable for the time being and close the scene on Wednesday, October 30th!

Youngblood As with the Rendezvous, I'd like to consider the scene concluded should this happen if that's okay. That way we can get Lenora's efforts to ingratiate herself and learn about her fellow Lords into continuity.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque adjusted his posture as he responded to the inquiry, "Indulging that thirst affords me the ability to see certain clues or capitalize on opportunities as they arise. I was able to discern that Echelon was well connected based on how they influenced long standing building codes for their projects and I'm actively working out a solution to some anti-kindred weaponry they designed." He smirks as he boasted, "Also discovered by me."

"Both," he smiled before adding. "I gave up the life for quite some time. For Jack to return with his credentials would have set off all kinds of bells and whistles based on my age. Thus, Mister Krait was made to fit the part and protect the First."

"Art, Literature then Law? A woman of culture and class I see. Did you only use your studies of the law for deflecting or was there more to it?" He grinned at Lenora's cliffhanger question. Choosing to bite he asked, "Then what was it?"

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread