Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Consilium: (1910) Quiet Consilium - Page 3
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1910) Quiet Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

One, two and now three. Libertines, the Guardian had to suppress the grimace of contempt that without doubt was straining the sides of his mouth, they multiplied like a pest. He started to wonder whether the influx was something of Shodan's doing. It wouldn't be beneath him to put a notice on their dumbfucknet or whatever they called it, asking for people to come to Sacramento, the land of milk and honey.
    Before they could get too comfortable, "There hasn't been much activity lately. Though, that doesn't mean we're into guided tour territory. The Chapel belongs to the Libertines. There's nothing valuable there. The Chapter house to our west belongs to the Ladder, beyond that lies the Mysterium Wing. The tower on the other side of the Courtyard is the Arrow's quarter. The small premise surrounding the courtyard belong to the Guardians. And that's it"

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Hey, man. Glad you made it" He says to Anima , at the same time wondering where Spark might be. Perhaps he still had most of his day occupied with settling in?

As for the Hierarch's little speech, Shodan simply nods at the end of it, confirming that this is the long and short of it. The comparison to an Assembly was welcome, even if the Libertine stops short of giving actual thumbs up. And then the Guardian spoke. Was this contempt on his face? Aww, you're not jealous my Order is on the rise, are you Winter?

"Yeah" back to Anima "That's the Sentinel, cheerful as always" The Obrimos says dryly.

Still, since boss-man invited them all to speak, Shodan is going to make use of that right to the fullest extent possible.

"So, while you were gone" He says to Campanella "We were floating some ideas to boost living standards. Physical security in the Circle was one of them. Winter suggested dead drops and some way to remotely keep track of events and missing members. Not to toot my own horn, but I came up with the idea of a shortwave radio station. Oh, and we may be interested in starting to comb the city for magical resources. I happen to know some Sleepers are ahead of us in that regard, even if most of their research is bullshit" Note the 'most' instead of 'all'. Whether by skill or dumb luck, Mr. Nathaniel might be onto something here.

"Anyway, I wanted to put it out there, since we have lots of new people, and I'd hate for them to think we'll do something over their heads" And if the Hierarch wants to shoot any of these ideas down, now would be his chance.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella turns his head toward Mobius .

"Of course you must visit the Athenaeum and our section of the Circle. I am amiss for not formally inviting you sooner."

He did not need to mention the grimoire would be open to her inspection as well, at a later time.

His mouth wrinkled slightly as he focussed his attention back on the Libertine. He had to admire Shodan's proactive nature, but still, what was the Diamond doing?

"I do not think the Circle of Creation needs much physical security. As you would be aware, this sanctuary is under the aegis of an Imperial spell and is strongly occulted as it is..."

Well, maybe the Hierarch was making a stab in the dark there...

"But yes, perhaps Winter's letter drop suggestion can be explored. As can your radio idea, thought I must confess I don't know how it could work, or what it would be used for; there are some tantalising rumours, however*. So perhaps you might be able to elaborate on this project further?"

He paused as his gaze fell more solidly on Shodan .

"Magical resources? Yes. Now that is something we can look into. I for one would be interested. And it would seem you already have a head start. Do you wish to elaborate? Or have you come across something concerning you wish to share with the Consilium?"

His face broke into a shy smile.

"I could definitely be persuaded to work on a joint search for magical resources. For the Consilium, of course. Much has been lost and we really do need to replenish our lost supplies."

His gaze moved to encompass the gathering.

"As Shodan has bought up the question of resources, there is the Beacon a strike force took from a Seer establishment at the beginning of the year. It lies here on sanctuary grounds but I am not certain if anyone has actually studied it."

* See the Herald message board - Transmissions from the Aethernet (a periodic update of venue news, etc).

I look to crafting some simple plots revolving around the search for / obtaining of magical resources if you wish
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

5. Likes Ruach, Xander, Xadun, DeepSeas liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx is slightly amused. She found it unlikely a Mysteriums Aetherium would hold something so simple as baseball cards.

"I want us to do a standard sweep of the area. With different paths, One of us should spot something of note. If everyone that offered to participate arrives, perhaps we could split up and cover the ground faster," she offers to Campenella.

She looks from Winter to Mobius, and tries offering a small smile. "The Arrow tower also has training facilities and gymnasium. If people wish to use them, that can be arranged."

She listens to Shodan and the Hierarch's ideas. "It would be good if we could spend time investigating the Beacon. When Aurora, Alastor and I recovered it it was a substantial blow to the Seers." There is a hint of pride in her voice. "I for one would be very interested in learning about it, in case we encounter more."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes Ruach, DeepSeas liked this post

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cosmo wasn't a fan of the Assembly's modus operandi at all, but Winter's dig elicited a grimace from the Ladder. Disagreement with someone didn't mean you couldn't see any value at all in their ideas, and his comment once again highlighted Cosmo's suspicions of the Guardian.

As Campanella continued Cosmo listened deciding to chime in at one particular part.

"You mean the Aethernet? Aethernet right?" Cosmo looked to Shodan to answer for his Order's biggest contribution to the Pentacle. "That's what what the Libertines called it in Washington at least."

Bone thrown, he continued.

"I definitely agree that the Circle is in no need for further protection. Doing so is only going to distract from the rest of the world we could be exploring for influence or the recovery of lost knowledge and artifacts. As for this beacon, I have no idea what help I could be in studying it, but I'm willing to help however I can."

He paused for a second, before lighting up and looking back to the Heirarch.

"Winter, Phoenyx, and I found some imbued items with a treasure map from China. Couldn't figure out how to get to the starting point, but yeah. I don't know if they still work but they're in Winter's possession."

9. Likes Ruach, DeepSeas liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Enchantress sips her drink as she listens. There really wasn't much to add at this point, as those with more experience seemed to have it under control. But when sweeping the area came up, and the use of different Paths, she perked up.

"Well, count me in to help with the sweep. Or examining this Beacon you guys mentioned. I'm eager to help where I can and put my skills to use. What do we know about the Beacon?"
    she asks, mainly to Phoenyx, but the question was for anyone who might know.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark was late, he didn't like being late but that's what happens when you get stuck in a freaking traffic jam. Not everything is magic and mayhem sometimes it's just cause a jackass you never met hopped a lane and got busted by a truck for his trouble. So when he does finally show up, he looks more then a little put off though not outright angry. He was wearing a light blue blazer, white undershirt and khakis this time around. He'd left his gun at home time.

Spark skirted around the others and joined Anima and Shodan. Shodan was the only other Libertine he knew so he figured it was where he was supposed to be. "Sorry I'm late."

Didn't Spot this thread till Shodan tagged me. >.<

13. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Precision is the mark of a focused mind. You let ambiguity slip through the cracks even once and the forms are irremediably corrupted into miscommunication.
    Even the Dream of the Dragon had fallen to that, a broken but not yet dead language was all that remained.
    "The item the Guardians acquired pointed toward the Mekong river. We weren't able to narrow down the search space any further"
    He was interested in learning whatever he could about the Beacon. Research on that Artifact and Ouroboros had stalled. With Aurora's and Alastor's departure, Phoenyx was the only eye witness left.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins at Phoenyx's description of her team's successful mission.

He listens to everything said and nods, "Count me in to whatever we decide to do, sweeping the area and investigating too." he says. "I have been working on getting to know the people that live in the different neighborhoods, store owners and that kind of thing. A lot of times they see stuff that they don't talk about, but some of them have gotten to know me enough they will mention things." he explains. "Us Asians stick together, I guess." he grins again.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima nods along with the explanation of how things are run around here. As talk of current issues evolve, he pays close attention. Unsure of how he will contribute, but actively looking for the opportunity.

The late comer draws his attention briefly, the distraction breaking his train of thought.

Items and gadgets and sweeps and investigations, things are getting very interesting indeed.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread