Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Consilium: (1910) Quiet Consilium - Page 4
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1910) Quiet Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    S
    Shodan

Shodan chuckles slightly.

"Yeah, well. By 'physical security' I meant the recent additions" He wants to say 'upgrades', but has enough diplomatic sense to know it'd just set the Hierarch and Cosmo off, providing them with another round of the same discussion they had last month "Far as I'm concerned, it's fine the way it is now"

The Libertine's eyes don't leave the Moros' figure just yet "A shortwave radio. It'd be naturally protected by layers upon layers of ordinary stations, and there are ways to digitally encrypt the transmission so that it's virtually impossible to reliably listen to it unless you are 'in' on the system. Not to mention speech synthesis, codes and such. Biggest selling point? The technology needed is cheap and ancient by modern standards, which is what no one will expect" The digital arms race made sure of that. And yet, the good old grandma SIGABA could still be a big help "Very useful for emergency communications between meetings, or when meetings are suspended because of a serious threat. Plus, it doesn't require you to know the first thing about Forces, so... bonus" Being an Theurgist, and an Adept of that Arcanum, it'd be easy to forget not everyone is attuned to it, but taking your magic for granted is a good way to being over-reliant on it "So no, not quite Aethernet. But just as good" He turns to Cosmo.

"Concerning?" He echoes the Hierarch's expression, giving himself time to put thoughts into words "You could say that. I ran across an 'occult club' at Sacramento State some time ago, so I came to one of their meetings to see what that's about. At first I thought it was a trap set up by the FBI or Banishers or whoever, but now... I'm not so sure. Anyway, they were talking about ley lines and while they were off target most of the time, their leader seems to be pretty into it. I even got a copy of his notes and a map of the leys. Whether by skill or dumb luck he got one of them right, which is why it might be a good idea to get intimately familiar with Sacramento supernatural makeup" Leys, Hallows, Demesnes - all the things useful both in defensive and offensive operations against the legion of enemies the state's capital attracts.

There's no hiding the interest and excitement at the word 'Beacon'. His knowledge of Prime and magical items might be average at the best of times, but if it's a device, then it can be studied with Matter and using mundane means. Hell, if he disassembles it and puts it back together they may end up with some spare parts! "Count me in on the beacon thing. Sounds technical, and 'technical' is my middle name" A not-so-humble smile is offered.

A short wave is offered to Spark as the newest Obrimos walks towards Shodan and Anima. He might be running late, but at least the whole FC family is here now.

He nods approvingly to Kaze's mention of establishing contacts among the ordinary folk. It's true, they are the people that see but are rarely seen. In truth, there'll come a day when Shodan will have to think on building a robust network of Sleeper allies of his own.

"Speaking of sweeping areas, I think you were saying something about catacombs under the Circle a wile ago?" He looks to Winter. With how close to the vest the Guardian was playing his cards, the mention couldn't be just a slip-up. Certainly, he had an agenda. The Guardians always do.

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"It's no problem," she assures the Hierarch, "But now that you've invited me, you might have a hard time getting me to leave." She beams, all pretense of formality dropped. She pictures herself holed up in a dark corner of the Athenaeum, lit only by candles, pouring over some tome or another. The image is both amusing and exciting to her. She had better be careful, or she might actually end up that way, she thought. Really, it would also be nice to have an opportunity to speak with Campanella on a more personal level, maybe even discuss Mysterium business. Though she found him slightly intimidating.

She listened for awhile to the discussion of security measures, very much beyond her scope of expertise, and to the many opinions on the subject. Might have spaced out a little bit, truth be told, but then snaps to attention at the mention of a Beacon of some sort, and a group effort to secure the cities' magical frontiers. It seemed strange to her, everyone was so eager to jump on board and assist. It was like this at the last meeting too. Where was the insular, selfish, paranoid mages she was used to? The hoarding of resources and information? Not the she was complaining, it was a positive difference. She wanted to make an impact in her own small way.

"Field work definitely isn't my forte.." she hesitated, feeling a little inadequate, "But if there's any way I can assist in your.. our efforts, I'd like to try." She also had some work of her own she wanted to do. Quid pro quo and all that.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Xander liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

It looked like there was some confusion. "It seems I was not clear - I meant to do a sweep of the area the Hierarch offered as a location of interest," the Arrow clarifies. "Although investigating the area for magical sites does have obvious merit."

She nods at Cosmo's mention of the artifact they found. "I mentioned the Disk to the Concillium some time ago, Cosmo. Unfortunately, without anyone proficient in Space we struggled to make any progress. Our only Mastigos, Alastor, left shortly after and no-one that has come to Sacramento since has had any learning in Space."

The Beacon seemed to have aroused a lot of interest. Shodan's enthusiasm, and ego, raise a small smirk, before the Arrow turns serious. "Beacon may not be a good work. It is an artifact, containing potent Prime and Space magics. Alastor attempted to sever the smypathetic connection between the Artifact and the Seer Sanctum. I believe he was successful, but have no way of checking. It is large, and powerful. Obviously they went to great lengths to protect it. Their sanctum was guarded by Seers and with huge automata, fifteen feet tall and very aggressive." Phoenyx rolls hes shoulders. Broken ribs, shattered arms... it was a bad day, and without Aurora would have been much worse. "If anyone wants to know anything else about the Seer Sanctum, I can provide what I can remember."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm in for investigating for magical sites, a military style sweep is a little beyond me. But I'm willing to help where I can."

Spark, if asked, would consider himself slightly above average as far as shooting was concerned. He was by no means an expert and hadn't actually ever shot another person, just targets or when he was a kid cans with an air-soft rifle. He's yet to have to put a bullet in someone yet, he knew it was largely inevitable given his life now but no sane person is eager to actually hurt someone else.

Spark's eyes lit up at the mention of 'Automata', "Are their any of these Automata left? Do we have parts here? Can we look at them?" Spark didn't even try to hide the excitement in his voice or on his face. He looked like a kid who just got that perfect gift on christmas. I mean, magical Robots, who the hell wouldn't want to see that?

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's eyes light up at the mention of automata. For a brief moment, the Hierarch shares a moment with Spark. A faint smile plays on his lips.

"We are not enough for a general sweep, but perhaps we can target and focus on places or things of interest," he added quietly.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

There was a lot on the plate, and enough Libertines to make his life a living hell. The Guardian couldn't policy all of them, he lacked the resources to do so. However he could steer them in the right direction, or at least set the boundaries. Shodan was especially prone to hubris, being so cocksure about his skills and all.
    This time he'd have to state the obvious "Do whatever, but be careful about what you share and how you share it"
    The rest of the conversation perked up his ears. First there was the talk about occult clubs. Was the Libertine staking them? Did he think of himself as a Guardian in disguise. Had he seen the light? Nah, rightfully or not, the Guardian just deduced that Shodan was trying to spread knowledge among the Sleepers, that was the Libertines' modus operandi after all. He'd have to investigate "Show me those notes, would you?", and just for his enjoyment, "and stop grinning like a maniac, you sound like a washed out hardware store salesman"
    Deep inside he knew that Sacramento needed a cultor... badly. If there ever was one, then she had done a good job of staying hidden.
    As for the rest, better start from things they knew could yield results. "The disk and the statuette we recovered are a good place to start", this time he threw Phoenyx and Cosmo a bone.

11. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wow.

It was like everyone was doing the whole word vomit thing. It was hard to keep up with what was being talked about as things seemed all over the place. Instead she focused on key phrases and things that stood out to her.

Looking to Phoenyx, “I’d like to take a look at the artifact if that would be ok. I don’t know Space or Prime, but nothing wrong with a new set of eyes taking a look.”

Then a nod to Campanella, “My schedule tends to be hectic, being on call and everything. But if you give some starting points, I can take a look.”

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cosmo didn't have anything to add. People wanted to do stuff, stuff was available to be done.

"I'm up for whatever whenever. Just give me a call or leave a note in the Ladder's portion of the Circle."

His eyes turned next to Winter as he smirked. From Guardians only to team player in what? A minute? Whatever. Go team.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Sure." Kaze nods in agreement. "I am up for helping with sweeps wherever you want." he says with a smile. "And I can ask aroundthe neighborhood in vague terms if you have a description of something you're ever looking for."

He beams a bit at Phoenyx as Winter emphasizes the importance of her previous successful mission.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

All these Mages, eager to volunteer to help...

Anima looks like he might say something, a question bubbling under the surface.

But he bites his tongue... Instead he let's his eyes gaze around the room, finally taking a moment to take in the Circle.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread