Ended
Watch

(1910) Quiet Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    S
    Shodan

Shodan looks at Winter, listens to his 'advice' and his insults, clearly not amused "Aren't you the funniest guy. Your circus must miss you" He throws back "I'll send you a copy once I get home. Oh, and Winter? Whatever is happening to that construct the Guardians got and you agreed to share months ago?" Far as he's aware, he might have just burned it. Or did conduct and investigation but cut Shodan out on purpose.

And speaking of constructs...

"What Spark said" The Obrimos turns to Phoenyx "If these constructs are a standard security measure in Seer sanctums, we might benefit from discovering a method to fight them that doesn't involve pounding them with a sledgehammer until everything falls off"

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"...Yes that was why I wanted to see them..." Not just cause magic robots are super cool and his inner child was smirking like a kid on Christmas no sir. "Don't know how their made but maybe we can reverse engineer them? Make our own assuming it's not something that involves child sacrifice or soul binding or something like that."

3. Likes Xander liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx turns to Spark and Shodan, and takes a slow breath before replying. "I didn't punch them with a sledgehammer. I shot them." Was that a joke? It's hard to tell, stoic face like hers. "It was possibly to deactivate them through an arcane device. Alastor achieved this, though I am not sure how. I was tasked with distracting the three golems until this could be achieved. There are no "parts" of them that could be recovered. The only things that broke in that incursion were my arm, my ribs and my hand." There is a notably frosty tone in her voice. Their excitement at things that very nearly crushed the life out of her was not exactly thrilling. "Without Aurora I would be dead on the floor of that Sanctum from those constructs. We did not stop to collect samples, save that artifact which would stop them from following us."

She looks at Shodan. "This was the first Seer sanctum I had seen, and was like a fortress. I do not know if such defenses are standard or unusual. But we did know that the location was not in Sacramento, perhaps not even in the United States." The First Talon pauses, thinking. "This was the time you and the others travelled through time, yes? Returning to the Sanctum at this moment would also be at the whim of the Circle of Creation. We might be able to unlock a method by analysing the artifact, perhaps. Alastor believed he had severed the sympathetic ties from the artifact to the Sanctum so the Seers could not follow us, but study may reveal another method that could lead to the Seer Sanctum."

She looks back to Spark. "Going back to there would be the only way to look at those constructs, going into a likely dangerous and hostile environment and this time without a Master of Life and Adept of Space. This was some time ago. I doubt the Seers were idle in either leaving entirely or adjusting their defenses accordingly."

Sorry for the delay everyone. I'm hoping to be more up to speed now.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella schools his face, yet still a small sigh escapes his lips.

"Well. That is disappointing. I'd have been very interested in lending my expertise if you had managed to bring capture even a fragment of an automata... Still. Can't be helped. It must have been quite a struggle."

Credit where credit was due, he nodded to the Arrow encouragingly.

To the Guardian: "Winter, I know it is probably redundant, but you may bring the objects here to the Circle and we can schedule a date for their examination if you wish."

To Kaze: "I will let you organise among yourselves if you wish to make a targeted sweep of any neighbourhoods in particular."

With no cabals to speak of, organising interest groups at an individual was all they had; and that the Awakened could do themselves.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"It can be arranged", is his curt reply. Shodan's weak comeback is seemingly ignored but then... "Phoenyx and Cosmo were already of the game. Your presence will be welcome alongside that of your fellow Mystagogue. Magus October is welcome to join as well", thus cutting out the local contingent of Libertines from the investigation. A shame that Shodan had to blow that little godwill he had just gained.
    "And that's it"

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

He listens as Phoenyx goes on to explain what he - mostly - already knew. The icy tone is noted, but not reacted to. At this point, the Libertine just accepts that this is how the Talon rolls, and there's no reason to delve too deeply. The meeting seemed to be winding down, but at this moment Winter dropped a barb that cannot be so easily ignored, even if it's not stated openly.

"And that, ladies and gents, is Winter's true colors. Cutting out an entire Order because he's too scared to finish the zinger contest he started" A head is shaken "I won't appeal to your common sense. And I have a strong suspicion whose side the Hierarch is going to take on this one. So let me speak the language you should understand..."

The Libertine makes a dramatic pause as he smiles slightly.

"You have one chance to backpedal. Say you didn't mean it, and we'll call it a slip of tongue. If you don't, we're squaring the Circle. You win, I let the matter rest and you can invite whoever you want. You lose, the ownership of the artifacts transfers to the Free Council" A stern look is offered to the Guardian "Sounds good?"

I apologize for jumping the posting order, but I wanted to have the challenge out of the way, so there's something to react to

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Leave it to Shodan to get a chuckle out of the Guardian. The Obrimos looks at the Hierarch, then at the man again, "This isn't a negotiation. The item was recovered and belongs to the Guardians who will grant and deny access on our own terms. Do you think you can challenge the Hierarch to a duel and get access to the Athenaum's archives? No, you can't. So stop wasting my time"

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So," Cosmo eyed the Sentinel and the Libertine, half curious why Winter insisted on shitting on their order and half to fed up to care. "The duel arcane is a respected tradition within the Diamond and a valid means to resolve ongoing conflicts according to the charter. One could in fact demand a duel for the contents of the Athenaum if the Mysterium had caused such a surplus of ill will to merit it, and this is in fact how the Supernal meritocracy of the Diamond affects us. Only those closest to the Truth are deserving of the mantle of Wise, and Shodan has challenged the Wisdom of our Sentinel."

His attention shifted to the Heirarch.

"How does the only standing member of our shattered council feel about this challenge? Is the blatant discrimination of an order or possession of items of power deserving of the Council's approval for a duel? And are mages compulsed to participate if it is approved and the challenger is not appeased with alternative resolutions?"

His eyes then float to those assembled, making eye contact with each as he does.

"Whether the population of the city waxes or wanes, we need to make the decision if we will continue to acknowledge the laws of the Awakened. The Lex Magica, the Tetragramaton, and our Concilium Charter. A duel is a valid way of resolving conflict, and we need to decide if someone who wants to be a Sentinel can ignore the history and traditions those laws are based in."

Also Cosmo was hoping Winter would get trounced. A lesson in humility seemed long overdue.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

She nods to Winter, “Thank you, I would like to join in.” a warm smile on her face. The level head Winter was showing was comforting, he was well suited to his role.

But then Shodan takes issue with not being invited. And she wasn’t sure how she felt. On one hand, she had no issues with everyone being able to help. But on the other, this seemed to be Winters call to make and she respected that.

The next words surprised her. The challenge to a Duel. Here. Against Winter. She liked Shodan, he was a nice guy, but this was against Winter. Who wasn’t made Sentinel because he could bake the best cookies.

And then Cosmo talks. And talks.

“I don’t see any discrimination, or what the big deal is. If the Guardians found and secured the artifact, then I don’t believe anyone has a right to make demands. What right does someone not of that Order have to demand access? The Guardians don’t appear to be hiding it, we all know they have it, they are simply keeping it safe and have their reasons for not sharing with all.” A shrug, “And given his position within our society, I’m comfortable supporting the call he makes on the matter.”

15. Likes Ruach, DeepSeas liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

And just like that, things were getting heated on the floor of the consilium again. Something about churches must make mages edgy. Mobius does her best to speak up following October's train of thought, a slight shake of nervousness in her voice.

"And the Duel Arcane is for working out a beef, yes." her remarks directed to Cosmo and Shodan, but she doesn't meet their gazes. "But it's not an excuse to make bets over magical knowledge or artifacts." Not to mention it wasn't even a fair bet. Shodan didn't stand to lose anything - other than face, of course - and stood to gain plenty. But even by her admittedly limited understanding, things worked tit-for-tat. Make your contribution, and then you can request knowledge.

17. Likes West, Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread