Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a smile, "That works for me. Also, the Prince likes things super calm and quiet."

"I do not have permission to carry weapons in court. However, mine are always with me in an emergency." She wiggles her fingers. "I see my position kind of like that of the Judicial Branch of the government. I look at the laws and situations during court. I interpret and make judgement. However, I do not meld out punishments nor enforce anything. And as far as staying fair and neutral, I have a strict rule that I do not accept boons for anything work related. In general I try not to accept boons because I don't want anyone to think I am being bought with favors. In all cases I try to give everyone an equal opportunity to cool down and act in accord with the rules." She looks at him to see if he gets what she means. It was an analogy she was using now to make herself feel a little better about the title that she now held.

"I was told that if anyone needed removal by force then the Reeve would do so. Any punishments would come from the Prince. It's a bit different then I have experienced in other domains but then each domain has its own idiosyncrasies."

"So my thought, is if two people are having a disagreement which gets too loud and intense. I will try to get them to chill out. If they don't and they won't separate willingly we will need to get them separated by force. If that becomes the case then they will need to be thrown out of court. However, I hate to think of sending two pissed vampires into the city and risk a breach. I think they need a time out first in separate rooms like the children they are acting like."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"How very impartial of you," remarks Derek with a twitch of a smile. "And I would agree. Making every effort to avoid escalation of conflict should be prioritized. Identifying potential arguments, interceding or discouraging active arguments that reach a certain threshold, and how best to intercede and to what degree such intervention is necessary. A very subtle process that can create some uncertainty. Having a plan will erase that uncertainty, I hope."

"So, I think we can safely say that in extreme instances, like threats or violence, that such individuals would be immediately detained by myself and my Deputy with your assistance. A coordinated effort would show a sense of unity and stability in addition to preventing such a situation from escalating. The most extreme case being a Kindred in Frenzy or an intentional attack on Her Grace or Her Officers. Such actions would be met with the most extreme response."

"While lesser arguments may require, as you say, the separation of each agitator. Or offensive or treasonous statements might begin with a conversation with the offender. Such things are expected."

"Now, I wonder, what defenses do we have in place against an assault on Elysium? The Nox itself. There are the staff members that meet and direct Kindred to the Stairs, I know. And I doubt there is camera surveillance, given how we appear on monitors. Hypothetically, if Hunters were to perform an assault on Elysium, what sort of response would you like to see?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say."

Mable nibbled her lip in thought. "I'd like a regular check of the outside. When I first came to the domain I caught a Private Dick putting up a camera in the wall of the outside of the Nox. I'm not satisfied that threat is gone."

"We need a way to keep our people safe if we had an attack. Promise not to laugh too hard... I was playing a game online and there was a club like the Nox where hunters did come in and attack the Vampires. Many escaped through a secret door behind the bar. But that game brought the reality of our position here to me. So, we need an escape plan."

"I know we can count on Dirt Nap and Alice if we are attacked. I believe Patience also has agreed to help the domain when needed. Plus the Court Officials will help in an attack. Should we assign Clans or Covenants to securing specific areas? Sorry, I'm not good with strategy but I do kick butt." Mable smiled.

Mable tapped her lip, "Should we have some weapons hidden in case of attack?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"It's good we're on the same page," says Derek while nodding his head along to her confirmation.

He considers her answer to the idea of an assault, a hand tracing along his chin thoughtfully. "I realize that while you're the appointed Keeper, the ownership of Nox is under the Prince and likely much of its regular functions as a nightclub is under her supervision. But regular inspections could prove useful. There is also equipment that can detect invasive radio signals from covertly placed cameras and listening devices. I could assist you in that. Additionally, I know the Nox hosts a private internet network. I could also assist you in monitoring that network for unauthorized access, not that anyone should be transmitting communications that may compromise us, but I would prefer the precaution nonetheless."

"But that game sounds very interesting. I remember that you do like to play a few games. Given that the Stairs are the only entrance and exit I am aware of, that wouldn't be the worst idea to have a secret passage. This rogue company, Echelon, and their underground operations have me concerned about what kind of subterranean architecture they're erecting. But if the laws have changed because of their interference, we could propose to the Prince that she have some similar construction work done."

"And I am becoming quite familiar with Dirt Nap and Patience as well. I am certain we can count on them to provide security detail. However, the Deputy isn't as naturally gifted as you. Perhaps if you were to voice your interest to the Prince in having Deputies carry arms as well, she may well allow it. While I am allowed to carry weapons, I am a poor fighter, so it would reassure me to have competent warriors at the ready. As for hidden weapons..."

He taps his chin a few more times. "I do like the idea. Something only the Officers are aware of kept in a secure location. Maybe a special container with a specific trigger to access quickly. Hmm."

He stops after a moment to regard Mable. "Sorry, I realize it's a lot to put before you. But do these ideas sound like reasonable proposals? A secret passage. Hidden weapons. Armed Deputies. Regular inspections. What do you think?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked relieved, "I am so glad you get the electronics thing. I know just enough to be worried but not enough to do anything about it."

"Cool idea, the trigger box."
    Mable agreed.

"Oh, don't worry about me it's not too much to put before me. I'm kinda excited to be discussing this. And they do sound reasonable. Is there anything else about Court safety you want to discuss?"

"I do have a question for you. I was wondering if you could teach me Celerity. I mean maybe we could work out a deal of some sort?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"No, I think that is plenty. It's simply a matter of presenting these ideas to the Prince. I could draft a proposal and let her know that I've spoken with you about it, or perhaps it would be more meaningful if you sent it. Or we could both speak to her directly, but I imagine that would only be necessary if she deemed it so," Derek says, pleased that the Keeper has approved of all the ideas set forth.

At her question, Derek looks curious. "I'm afraid I've never been able to use that ability. Of course I can see the practicality. And I certainly would if I had that knowledge. I'm afraid I'm only very good at one thing and that is staying out of sight," he tells her with some mixture of embarrassment and inadequacy. "The only Kindred of Her Grace's Domain that I knew to practice it was my predecessor, Ms. Moretti, but I have no idea when she might be returning."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"If you could draft something and have it from both of us. I'll sign off and we can send it coming from us both. The Prince is big on united front. She should appreciate that."

Mable could've done a facepalm emoji for herself. She gave a little head shake. "That's right, I had wanted to ask you about learning to hid my beast. Both are things I have learned from past domain protection activities that I need or at least would be beneficial. Sorry, sometimes I get a bit umm scatter brained." Ugg how embarrassing it was sometimes to have the gangrel curse.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Very well. I will ensure you see the draft before it reaches Her Grace's desk. Thank you, Mable," Derek says appreciatively. The amiable Gangrel had seemed both agreeable and enthusiastic of the security suggestions. He only hopes Alessandra will be as accepting.

As the minor confusion is corrected, Derek smiles understandingly.

"Ah, I see. You needn't worry. If you're interested in masking your Beast I would be happy to teach you for the exchange of Prestation. A Major Boon perhaps, unless you have something in mind to offer."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks," She answers in response to the report.

"Hmm, I'll have to think about that. I appreciate the willingness to teach me. A major boon is quite a bit, so I'll let you know what I decide." She gave a nod and a smile.

are we good to close?

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"I agree, it is a steep price, but that is the standard by which many Disciplines are sought after. But if you held a talent that you would teach me in exchange then we might be able to settle on that?" he inquires without any significant pressure against Mable to make a decision.

He stands before dipping his head respectfully. "In any case, we shall be in touch. I appreciate your time, Mable, and look forward to seeing you again soon."

Good to close! Feel free to respond to Derek's last statement if you think Mable has something in mind. Thanks for the scene!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread