(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

The wall behind the seating area had a painting hanging, The Young Martyr, a small light hanging above it. Illuminating it softly.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk and they looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

The Savage was in the seating area, leather clad legs crossed as she flipped through papers in a folder. Renting out space in the warehouses had been a wise investment for her. Cain laid at her feet, between her and the door. And while he might look relaxed, he was ever on high alert, ears twitching, eyes watching. She wasn’t exactly casual, but wasn’t overly dressed in a dark sleeveless vest, no shirt underneath and two buttons holding the vest closed. The back neck was very high, her hair piled on head and spilling over it. Hanging on the back of her seat was her holster, two guns nestled in it.

The office door was open.
    Jacque Killian
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque arrived true to the time stated by the Prince. He was without the jacket that had caught her attention early September, but was not without his own vest over a white, collared dress shirt. Even though the door was open, he took the time to rap on the door before making his entrance, "Your Majesty," bowing his head and noting her attire, "Excellent. If vests are becoming fashionable again I am significantly ahead of the curve. I concede that you wear it better, however."

Pleasantries aside the Lord smiled, "I hope your evening has been pleasant."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had to give the Lord credit, he was always on time.

Looking up at the knock, she nods, “Herald Jack, please, come in, have a seat.” folder closed and placed on the coffee table. Cain lifts his head, his gaze locked solely on Jack. Familiar or not, he could still be a threat. One the Hell Hound would relish in neutralizing.

Glancing down briefly, she chuckled, “You and me both then. I’ve had this thing for years.” It was comfortable. “Though yours are more business appropriate.” She jokes, “But thank you.” But she guesses as Prince, what was appropriate for business really rested with her.

“Can’t really complain, found some renters for a few of my warehouses. Some extra income always makes for a great evening.” Maybe a bit more legit business too. “So what can I do for you?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque took a moment to collect his thoughts and sat across from the Prince in the seating area, "It is not likely a surprise to you that I wished to share some concerns I have. In the interest of demonstrating that I recognize my place, I wanted to first confirm that Her Majesty is receptive to such critiquing."

"I could spend the time to flower up the words, but I believe you prefer something more direct. I only wish to avoid such directness being misunderstood as a lack of respect." It was a challenging position for Jack to be in. The status quo could not continue but there were at minimum 3 ways he's seen in this room that could end his Danse should his words be taken wrong.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, though there was amusement on her face, “I’m always open to critiquing. When done right, it can be very useful.” She knew she’d made some mistakes. It was life, mistakes happen.

“Then you believe correctly. I don’t have time for pretty words and hollow flattery.” Which was most of what she got. “So continue, if I take exception to something you say, I'll let you know."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm glad we agree..." though the distinct lack of detail on exactly how she would let him know remained a gnawing thought in the back of his mind. "I had not heard from Harpy Simmons or the Sheriff since around mid-June but your announcement in August suggested this was known and arranged covenant business. If I may ask, how long had you known? There has also been a noticeable absence from Seneschal York as well, whom you have made no such announcement about."

"After all of this, you also announced your new Reeve. I'm not sure if you're aware, but it begins to erode the public perception of your Officers when they see the actions of the Prince signal a lack of trust for them to do their duties themselves." He tilts his hand over, "On the other hand, it isn't just you making the announcements yourself. You are specifically keeping information close to your chest and I only find out things when the Domain finds out. Is there a reason you have developed this reservation about keeping me in the loop?" A pause before he restates the question, "Do you no longer wish me to represent your interests?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She leans back, ready to listen.

“I had not known Miss Moretti was leaving until she sent me a letter in mid-July. I believe I still have the letter if you want to see it.” It didn’t sound like a big deal to her. “Miss Simmons was a bit more complicated. I was unaware of how long she was going to be gone. What seemed to be a brief trip turned into something without a known end date. Once I knew that, I shared the news.” It was what it was. “Now, Madam York I’m not sure about. I haven’t heard from her nor seen her. I’ll be putting someone into the role as Seneschal temporarily until I can find someone, I trust to take it on full time. But should you hear something from her, please let me know. It’s not like her to disappear without saying something.” She was worried, but wasn’t going to freak out about it.
    Then the announcement thing.

A nod, “Ah. Well, that oversight rests on me. I’m used to doing things on my own, not used to passing the info on for someone else to handle. Like when I held the execution Court, I handled the execution myself instead of allowing Archon Twist to. It’s something I need to work on.” She could admit when she was wrong about something. She leans forward slightly, “Trust is a huge thing for me, more so when I took this office. And let me tell you, Kindred are more cunning and likely to stab you in the back than the Mafia is.” True fucking story there. “I may not trust you as much as I do Archon Twist, but you are earning my trust. And after getting screwed over by my family a couple months ago, I need those I can trust.” Because clearly it wasn’t the Gangrel. Or at least the ones who were there.

“So it’s no reservation with you, it’s a habit. And one I’m trying to break. Learning to depend on others to do things is a struggle.” She’d never depended on someone else before.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking his head, he responds, "There is no need to provide evidence of what you're saying. Your integrity is not on trial here; you are not on trial here. I simply do not wish to be your Herald only in name." Shrugging his shoulders, "Frankly, I feel trust is earned by action so I have no disillusion about how much you should trust me at this very moment. Aside from the benefits related to clan politics, Priscus Simmons and I had been working on synthesizing a neutralizing agent for the dangerous chemical we found. Her absence has disrupted that work, and I need access to her Lab to continue it. Every night I did not know her whereabouts was time gifted to those who work against your Domain."

He shifted in his seat, pondering how he'd continue, "Prince Antinori, I accepted your offer with conditions. I was glad to see the formal invitation to the Invictus arrive shortly before this evening but you have had many opportunities to raise my standing within the Domain and have not. You may remember that my chief concern was that my voice would lack the proper weight to represent you without it and I can assure you that is indeed the case tonight." Flitting his hand off to the side, "Kindred currently view the Herald as a meaningless and weightless position, saying what the Prince can so clearly say herself. They reduce my influence to suspecting that I go crying to you when others are mean to me in Court." He scowled in disgust. "How many times must I accurately represent your will only for it to be ignored by those who lack the intelligence or respect to hear my words as yours?"

Composing himself, "I am open to other suggestions but the ideal resolution in my mind would be to remove these kid gloves and allow me to represent your will fully in both word and action. If a Kindred disrespects you by disrespecting me then they should feel Her Majesty's displeasure via her mouthpiece the moment it occurs, should it not? Otherwise, you have circumstances where someone accuses your Herald of petty bribery and in two months time she receives high praise by Her Majesty before they can correct the public view of that accusation."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “It wasn’t offered to provide evidence of anything. I just know there are probably questions surrounding the reasons she left, and her reasons are listed in the letter.” She had nothing top prove in that regard. “Well, if it’s access to her lab you need, I can provide that. Continuing the work is most beneficial to the Domain, and I would hate to see that hindered.”

And there it was. Everyone wants their status raised in the Domain. But for Jack, his words had merit. “No, I haven’t. I had been under the impression that the rest of the Domain would see your value and raise your status as such. Unfortunately, there appeared to be those in the Domain who only sought to bring you down instead of up. Your words have merit, if the Domain cannot see your value and worth to the Domain, then I’ll make sure they do. I’ll address raising your standing this evening.” It was true, she thought by her making him Herald, and how well spoken he was, that those around him would bring him up. But then she had to laugh, “Do they now? I find that amusing actually, thinking I need someone to come crying to me to see and hear what’s going on. And some of them would be the ones to talk, I seem to remember a certain Gangrel embarrassing the clan with their childish pissing and moaning in Court.” And they were lucky she wasn’t in Court that night.

“I’m open to discussing this. What is it you are proposing for action? I agree that there need to be consequences for disrespecting my Herald when he speaks for me. I'm not opposed to granting you some allowance when it comes to swift action.” She had some ideas, but it was more fun to see what his ideas were. “What Keeper Wood said was wrong and was against your character. I believed you two were going to work it out outside my office. Keeper Wood had done a good job with Court and had been making positive steps towards improving what she needed to. She still has some things to work on, and if she hasn’t made amends to you, then it needs to be addressed with her. Court would have been the ideal time for her to address it. So in my mind, I don’t know if you two had something else worked out.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, my apologies for the misunderstanding. I will not turn down insight if you're offering." Jacque lifted his shoulders. His eyes betrayed his excitement at the prospect of retaining access to Rebecca's lab, "That is very good news." It would have been a massive setback to start from scratch.

He then heard the Savage's response and nodded. She understood where he was coming from and reassured him of her promise, "I look forward to a change in the status quo."

"I am still holding out hope for Keeper Wood. Where she did not correct the pubic image of that accusation she also steered clear of any of the gossip circles in general. We will meet soon and I will notify you when our misunderstanding is resolved." His lips curled into a grin. Considering it was a good start but he imagined the question was baited, "As you may know from experience there is no blanket action that fits all situations. Most petty snipes require no action at all." He pondered before continuing, "It would help to be better informed of when Her Majesty bestows privilege to individuals of the Domain. My cousin Mister Boyle, for example, recently shared he was granted Tenancy. Coupled with your high praise and granting him the honor of hosting court, I am interested in better understanding his accomplishments that earned such high regard."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread